Any active gym bros who smoke as well?

any active gym bros who smoke as well?

can it be done?

i'd like to quit but i'm not really in a stable place in life right now, i don't think i could successfully quit

smoking is one of the reasons you're not in a stable place in life right now, you're using ciggarettes as a stress reliever and are being dependent on them.
If you truly wanted to improve, you'd drop the ciggarettes even if you weren't sure you could make it because we both know, that you know its the only way.
I say this to help you, not insult you. Chances are you wont change until you absolutely have to, though

I like to smoke after a run

Yes, it can be done. My grandfather smoked 2 packs a day and decided to quit and never smoked again, even carried a pack of cigarettes with him to offer to clients.

Ill preface this by saying that smoking causes cancer and poor cardiovascular health, and youll never be at your best while youre still smoking.

But you already know that im sure.

So with that said, I have a friend who used to smoke heavily while still performing well in the gym. He was in his early 20s at the time, though.

Idk man, smoking and working out is probably better than smoking and not working out.

That's so weird lol

>i'd like to quit but i'm not really in a stable place in life right now, i don't think i could successfully quit

You'll never be in a completely stable place. I tell you this because it's the same excuse I told myself for years.
>I'll quit once I'm done with the stress of college
>I'll quit once I'm done with the stress of the Army
>I'll quit once I get married
>I'll quit once the baby stops being so stressful and I can get some sleep

Next thing you know a decade has gone by and you're still puffing away.
What worked for me is keeping a pack of gum handy and getting through the two week "tough period" Once you've done that, it gets easier

Smoking is a cuck's habit.
>still being trapped in the oral stage past adolecence
>being a slave to a parasympathomimetic stimulant in order to function
>throwing all your money away to cigar companies and the government
>throwing your health and years of your life away for a quick nicotine fix

If you want to quit just read Allen Carr's easy way to stop smoking, seriously it isn't hard, don't let brainwashing make you think the nicotine addiction is a tough thing to get over

I worked out and smoked for a couple years, it just gets worse and worse, energy gets lower, dependence goes up, excuses stack up, the cigarette becomes easier than the work out...

Call me fag hipster (pls) but i just brought a vape. Quit cigarettes that day. It's surprisingly not a meme but in saying that i didn't let anyone see me smoke that robot dick, I'm not that far gone.

>throwing away your immunity for when the robots take over by not letting anyone see you suck a robot dick
Lmaoing at your life, i'll be sucking robot cock while they're revolting and killing you puny humans

>i'd like to quit but i'm not really in a stable place in life right now, i don't think i could successfully quit
Then don't quit.

Depending on your mental health, the loss from smoking may be negligble compared to loss from stress, anxiety (and cortisol).
Do what you feel is best for you and don't give a shit about what everyone (incl me) tells you.

OP the best thing I've done for my gains and my wallet in the past year is to buy a vape

Plugs the urges but it doesn't cause the same mental fog as smoking did for me

My cardio got better and it's been a lot cheaper in the long run (a bottle of e juice lasts a lot longer than a pack of cigarettes)

Best part is that because you look like such a faggot when you vape, you slowly stop doing it as often, in public, and eventually end up kicking the nicotine addiction altogether

try snus.
>cheaper than cigs or vape juice
>won't smell like shit
>won't look like a meme faggot sucking on e-dick
>can use it anywhere
and when you want to quit snus, just switch to gum and put it in the same spot. your retard brain can barely tell the difference.

I completely relate to all of this. There is never a good time to quit. Something will always be shaking up life. I used a vape and weened off of nic ejuice for months until I randomly decided to switch to a 0nic juice. Tasted like a lame fog machine and I decided to say fuck this and quit the vape. Gum, sunflower seeds, basking in the sun for short periods, water, and exercise has really sealed the deal. Its been weeks now and Im never going back. Best of luck user.

I quit 5 years and I still miss stepping out onto my porch on a rainy day and lighting up a cig.

There's not enough little moments of bliss like that in the sober world

based

snus got me off cigarettes and since there's no physical addiction to it like there is with puffing a vape/cig it's astronomically easier to quit.

general mint the best

there is literaly no better feeling than smoking after cardio. That fuckin head rush.

snus is for nu-males, just dip

>Best part is that because you look like such a faggot when you vape, you slowly stop doing it as often, in public, and eventually end up kicking the nicotine addiction altogether
D E V I L I S H

>Cheaper than cigs or vape juice.

Not in Canada, a tin of dip (idk about snus or if they even sell it here) is $27, whereas down the border in Washington it's $4.95

Yes.

switch to e-cig
it's nearly instant, no more morning cough/spit, stamina through the roof in the gym
It 's probably fucking you up in another way, but as far as smoking and sports go, it's GOAT, and you litteraly don't have to change anything, the cigarete break, the puffing, the smoke, etc.. all there

t. 10+ years smoker 1 pack every 1-2 days, always active and healthy otherwise

But dip is fucking gross

wintergreen and spearmint dip is gross. snuff is great tasting. and if you DO like mint, buy a can of dip, and a packet of listerine breath strips. wrap the dip in the strip and suddenly, non shit mint flavor.

been doin it for a week now. ill never go back.

Interesting point there

Go to libgen and find Allen Carr's book the way to stop smoking

You will be a non-smoker before you even get into bed tonight.
Godspeed

Maybe try reducing before quitting cold turkey.
I smoked actively for about 4 years or something and then reduced it to only social smoking.
Worked for like a year and then I got some stressful situations and started smoking one or two in the evening. Kept it like this for another year or two with constant breaks of several weeks. When my ex broke up with me this summer I went back to half a pack/day but cut it down a few months ago.
At the moment I smoke one cigarette in the evening when the work out was good and as much as I want at parties.

I'm doing 3-5 times a week a pretty cardio heavy training and have no problems with progress or stamina whatsoever.

i do. i dont give damn it keeps my feels in check desu

yeah the Allen Carr book is legit. I read it and quit overnight. It wasn't that big a deal. However, in the 3rd week I got so fucking constipated so I got a pack. After a few drags I felt my insides rumble and took the biggest shit of my life. So yeah, I fucking relapsed. I smoke a couple of American Spirit rollies now.

The fuck? It’s 3.40 for grizzly where I live. Why is it so expensive?

Dip cope straight. I don’t mind skoal fruit flavors as long they’re moist. Which more often than not, they are not

my go to is grizzly snuff. but i like straight once in a while. I know cope is the big brand, but grizzly gets the buzz a bit quicker.

3.23 for me. savin them pennies

>i want to be fit
>hold up let me destroy my lungs and heart by smoking first
unless you are 50 and waiting for death there is no reason to smoke, its not even a cheap high anymore.

I switched to Kodiak. Highest amount of freebase nicotine on the market.

please have sex

You have no idea how much cigarettes affect your life until you stop smoking.
I will skip the health benefits because who cares about that shit right?

1. You are a slave to a fucking plant. You have to smoke every hour or you have physical symptoms, your desire to smoke occupies your whole being, nothing is more important.
A crunched dried leaf in a piece of paper is your master and you have to serve it. For your servitude it grants you free will for the next 1 hour.

2. The good feeling you get is a slight boost of dopamine you get. But the reason you get this is because you are addicted to nicotine. If you aren't a smoker cigarettes taste disgusting and make you sick. Tldr All the good things about cigarettes are just satysfying your addiction.

3. You have no idea how much energy cigarettes drain and kill your motivation. When you are a smoker you are just content with smoking. Nothing more is needed. If u were to do nothing all day but just smoked, is all good baby. This part is perhaps hard to comprehend until you stop smoking because you have no reference but trust me this is the most benefical part of not being a smoker. You feel healthy and motivated.

4. You don't feel like shit when you wake up. When you wake up as a non smoker you feel relaxed and chill, ready to take on the world. Compared to runnin to get a cigarette as soon as you wake up because your head hurts and you need it.

Yeah, but if you went and lighted a cigarette now it would feel like shit and you couldn't finish it. Cigs only feel good because you are an addict.

half a pack smoker here, I swapped to vaping a year ago and liked it, kept with it for about 6 months but at the same time my hair started thinning like mad (i'm 23), and the males in my family have fairly good hair genetics

turns out NRT (nicotine replacement therapy) products have a history of causing people to lose their hair who don't tolerate them

cancer it is for me, bros

btw after a few months my hair starting growing back thick when I quit vaping, so yeah synthetic nicotine is a no-go for me

To cut all the bullshit in this thread: no, there are serious affects on your performance at the gym. I know some local champions who smoke a pack a day (being a champ here isn't world-class, but it's impressive none the less).
Of course cigs do affect your cardio performance, but come on, you know that.
If you can quit do it. If you can't don't. Shit, I smoked for 4 years just for the social gains. Of course I got addicted on the way, but all I needed to drop the habit was a vacation.

I've smoked since high-school, that is around 8 years now. I never smoked too much though, around five or six cigarrettes a day.
Still, it was annoying, while I enjoyed it it was also bad on my stomach and sometimes my throat.

Then, around three years ago I got into fitness, first, by training rugby at the local team. I have a slim physique so I was placed in the position of winger, which is supposed to be the most agile, fast and cardio resistant player of the whole team (there are two wingers).
So ever since then I've been "quitting". I stop somking for some days and then get back, or just reduce my intake, never been quite successfull.

Today, it is 12 days since I quitted cold turkey, again, and I'm getting close to my personal record which is 15 days.
BUT, now I smoke cigars around twice a week. Hey, at least you don't inhale the cigar smoke. It is still too early to tell but I hope switching to cigars really helps me with my endurance and strength in general.

I'll preface this by pointing out that I'm not an addict spilling his defensive spaghetti with this post. I enjoy a good cigar when the mood hits me, with a drink of something nice or on a beautiful sunny day outdoors, but only have a few per years. My last smoke was four months ago.

>Ill preface this by saying that smoking causes cancer and poor cardiovascular health, and youll never be at your best while youre still smoking.

I always wonder if it's not another, modern, ingredient, to blame for this and largely in mass produced cigarettes. My great grandmother (and, pretty much everyone for a hundred years before her) smoked a pack or more a day, and she lived the be 89 years old, and died of 'natural causes'. Yet, my grandpa who barely touched them and then quit, died of lung disease in his early sixties.

I find it strange. I just decided a while back to live a life of moderation. I'm not going to worry about what my occasional cigar might do in the long run.

I don't like it when people habitually smoke though. My stepdad has a constant smokers caught and rolls his own, though he is good enough to smoke outside, and I do worry about his health.

My mom quit about six years ago now, and she still gets starry eyed and loves being in the room with a smoker, because the cravings are still there. So depends on how much of an addict you are.

I worry about vaping because it isn't as well researched yet as it should be. You are actively inhaling chemical laced mist/moisture into your lungs. I still blame his vaping on my dad getting a particularly severe case of pneumonia when he vaped with the flu.

My uncle said you can quit smoking, but you can't quit being a smoker

>not using ciggarettes as a reward system
Not everyone else's fault you aren't clever enough to come up with an useful way to use a widely available cancer in a stick.
Also, nicotine inhibits estrogen receptors. Horrible for women (since it gives them noticeable corporal and facial hair, also fucks with the skin making their tits saggy) but great for men.
Everything in moderation.

So you relapsed. Read it again!
Use coffee to shit if you must.

Always had a bit of a clogged nose due to inflammation caused by smoking. Breathing through my nose got so much better since I quit. Why is that important? Because it also means I breathe through my nose during my sleep and the quality of my sleep is dramatically better now.

You should smoke more.. it's a lie fabricated by the liberal media that smoking is bad for you, it actually improves gains..smoke more and make shillary angry

Your uncle sounds like a loser

Came here looking for a thread on this. I'll pack away my vape stuff and start now. Any tips on staving off cravings? I've heard of flavored toothpicks but it's probably a better idea to just muscle through the cravings.

I quit a month ago, I went through a pack every two or three days so I was a moderate smoker- not heavy but not a social smoker. I haven't had a single cigarette since the day I decided to quit, white knuckled it without any patches or vaping. The first 48 hours is the roughest and for about two weeks my body still had cravings for nicotine. What really helped me was having an attitude that I would quit for good and planning around specific triggers like avoiding alcohol during those first two weeks because being in social situations + being buzzed = chain smoking and going all out with doing cardio to motivate me and make me realise how much I needed to quit. It can be done with proper planning and willpower.

I smoke and look fairly aesthetic. Decent lifts. Low bodyfat etc etc. Sleeves always fit tightly and people look at me a lot if I go to the beach or a pool.

I've smoked on and off since I was 16ish... I had grew up very active as a kid, and I never learned to drive (poor) so I have always walked everywhere. I even used to have a 6 mile walk to work every morning when most people would obviously drive or take the bus... So I guess I figured I was the exception to the rule and that I just had iron lungs. Smoking didn't have any affect on me.

26 now, but I feel a lot older. I have deep wrinkles, my eyesight is gone, my heart rate drops to