/fat/ anime edition #7

Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

/fat/ survey time: was your weight gain rapid or over an extended amount of time?

Slow but it started to gain on me faster after my 21st.

>Hello Veeky Forumsness, my old friend
>I've come to confess to you again
>For a tasty vision softly creeping
>Left me hungry, fat, and weeping

>Can't marinate my meat without going over sodium
I'm never going to make it.

>14 - 75kg - 173cm
>16 - 92kg - 178.5cm
>19 - 110kg - 179cm my heaviest
>20 - 110-90kg
>21 now and currently 97 kg but back again now on depression meds

Pretty rapid for the first two years and then slow.

You can go over sodium if you drink plenty of water

Cut the teriyaki. It's mostly soy sauce. You don't want bitch tits. Buy coconut amino acids instead. It's a lighter flavor but still tastes good and is much better for you

Should I just marinate with rubs instead then?

Try chili powders like paprika, ancho, and chipotle. No salt or sugar and full of spicy, smoky flavor.

Can I buy these at walmart or do I have to go to a special store?

I just want cookies

Sure. You kind find all three in the baking aisle of any grocery store.

You can find them at walmart

got any other spices recommendations?

Cumin or turmeric gives things a more SE Asia taste

Thyme, onion powder, garlic powder (not garlic salt), cumin for soups, bay leaves for homemade (not store bought) tomato sauces. You can replace the dry versions of these for the fresh versions for more texture and flavor. Also pick up some miso from and Asian supermarket for good for you miso soups.

I got some garlic powder and onion powder and some cumina and turmeric and never used any. Should I just put a teaspoon of each and mix them up?

Slow. I was probably overweight as early as 5th or 6th grade and then probably got into obese territory around senior year of HS or freshman year of college. It seemed to get more rapid around my 23rd birthday though. Looking back at pictures when I was 22 and then 24 there was a huge difference that I didn't notice while I was still a fatty.

That might taste a bit weird depending on what you're cooking. You might want to use them all in a vegetable soup though with a chicken or beef broth as a base.

For the past few weeks I've been eating about 200cal or so for breakfast and lunch, and then 700-800 cal for dinner.

Is it a bad idea to eat the biggest meal in the evening? Some people say it doesn't matter, others say it gets stored as fat easier. But if I'm eating at a 6 or 700cal deficit anyway that shouldn't matter, right?

Stop eating breakfast

As long s you're eating at deficit you'll be fine. You might want to give Intermittent fasting a try though and eat within a 8 or 6 hour window and it will help you lose more and get your body used to being hungry.

>anime edition
stop this shit you degenerate. bring back wojak.

I chuckled

Here is a fat wojak if anyone wants to use him

Packed on weight very slowly over almost 15 years. From the time I was about 13-27. My weight gain was so gradual that I never really had that "what the fuck" moment until I started seeing the onset of a double chin and moobs at 99kg. That was when it was time to change.

rate my progress lads

Good shit lad

over 6 years, from mid teens to young adult

Anyone /fast/ here? I'm looking for some info about long fasts >3 days and the /fast/ general was killed by tripfags.

Was fat since I was very very young. My mom was an alcoholic who couldn't cook for shit and she divorced my dad and basically lived off of alimony + child support. I lived off of coco puffs for years and ended up with really fucking awful eating habits.

I also lived in a very isolated area in a forest and didn't really get much in the way of physical exercise. Just kinda slowly ballooned up over the years.

great progress user, how do you measure your blood pressure user?

>tfw big ass waistline, thick/fat thighs and a big belly but everywhere else looks fine
what do guys

Keep cutting this shit is day 1.cut until the fat you want gone is gone. Lift to make sure you don't look like garbage once the fat is gone. There is nothing else for you to do.

Become a trap

14 may 2017 : 63.4kg
24 august 2017 : 49.2kg
- circa 1st of october hospitalization, bedridden
03 december 2017 : 53.7kg

CW: 53.7kg (prob. 30%bf)
current GW: 50kg (prob. 23% bf)
end GW : 52kg (16% bf)

25 year old female. I'm joining a gym february. can't before moving to this new place for school and work, otherwise I'd waste money joining here (the membership fees are insane where I currently live).

pic related is goal body physique, albeit this is probably around 60kg of lean physique, I'm looking for a slimmer fit.

O R E G N O
R
E
G
N
O

my weight progression, from the beginning of my journey till now. I made 54 to 50 in a month (July), I'm thinking I can do it again, but I have two months large to do so before I join the gym.
Then it's body recomp with lowering bodyfat at maintenance for a while until I hit 50kg 16%bf, then I'm going to bulk and cut for a while until I reach end game. I might go the powerlifting route once I have some decent strength gains, I have planned six months of SL5X5 before I make the decision, so it'll be a choice I'll make depending on how I look in six months. If I still look like a fat blob, I might as well just fuck it and do one long cut till I reach like 45kg 15%bf and then I'll do one big powerlifting targeted bulk and do something like Canditos intermediate program. I'll stop circa 60kg and cut again to 16%bf and see how it goes then. I might achieve the look of manko, if I play my cards right.
By the way, the way I managed to go from 63 to 50 from may to july was through IF then OMAD. I'm not sure at that weight range you can lose that fast without the benefits of fasting in terms of glycogen depletion and fat burning.

How do I get this body? I'm just fat at 230lbs and I'm getting a gym membership tomorrow.

Bulk like crazy and train like crazy, look up strongmen routines

>be 5'11 230lb fat guy
>started going to the gym regularly about 6 months ago
>get pretty strong but weight stays mostly constant
>still look like a fat fuck but now with some more muscle
>finally decide to start giving a shit about my diet
>tell myself that if I can just lose 5lb it'll be a sign that I can actually lose the weight
>diet for a week, 16/8 IF not even difficult
>weigh myself at the gym today
>lost all 5lb in a week

I'm gonna do it bros

we're gonna make it

onward to 180

JUST FUCKING DO IT

Fat in high school. Lost 65lb in final year. Kept it off through university. Gained 75 in two years after getting GF. See myself in a mirror in April. Tell GF we're going on a diet. Lost 40lb since.

>Diet off and on for a long time.
>Lose 20ish pounds, slowly gain it back, repeat ad nauseum.
>Start diet last week, 2,700 IDEE according to MFP, eating at 1,700.
>One week so far. Last weigh-in was Thursday, 1.3 pounds lighter.
>Stopped drinking soda, even though I was only drinking diet. Water only.
>Staying under calories every day.
>Also doing NoFap (Have a GF, so it's not total abstinence)

>More energy, after caffeine withdrawal subsides.
>Feel happier, stronger, better about self.
>Temptation is very weak, Veeky Forums inspiration keeping my resolve strong.
>Libido is way up
>Clothes already feel like they fit a bit better

>Weighing myself tomorrow
I am excited. This is thanks to you guys.

2 Dominos pizzas eater from few days ago and severe alcoholic here, start dieting again hoping to lose 15lbs (200) by end of year.

2x can of light tuna
cup of rice
pickles

Did some weight lifting today too, going to start going on 2-4 mile walks every night, pray for me bros. Was drinking 6-12 beers a night every night, stopped drinking a week ago and not looking back, alcoholism is horrible.

the daily recommended amount for sodium (~2g) is based on having hypertension. A normal value is closer to 5g. Also if you are doing keto, a low insulin level means you should probably be having even more. Insulin is responsible for electrolyte retention.

>thursday
>peanut butter chicken
>friday
>lefotver peanut butter chicken
>saturday
>peanut butter chicken
>sunday
>fast
>monday
>leftover peanut butter chicken
I think I caught food autism

Already lost 11 kg, still 9 more to go to perfect weight 64 kg im 5'8 how much % bf you think i have?

I just did my first motherfucking pull ups today. I did three of them (not in a row, one at a time with rests). I've been moving my fat ass on the assisted pull up machine for over a year now, I started at 150 lbs assistance, slowly moved down to 70 lbs assistance, then decided to just go for it today. I could only do one at a time but a year ago the idea of pulling my fat ass chin above a bar was laughable.

Keep at it fatties.

Awesome job! Keep going!

Lunch today /fat? Pick related here, yellowfin tuna steak (100g), with a fried egg (52g- fried with no oil), mixed leaves, carrots and then an apple plus the smallest plum alive (32g) here. All together just under 300 calories. Had time to cook as I'm stuck at home writing the last section of my dissertation.

That made my stomach groan....I'm bulking AMD on a cycle but I have a cold :-/

Can't lie- it was pretty good.

You ought to grab yourself some tuna steak for some point over the next few days! 29g of protein in 100g- top with a runny egg and you're golden. Hope you get better soon user.

Big bowl of soup beans made with ham (375 cal, 25 pro), carrot, and cheese sandwich. A single cinnamon graham cracker for dessert. A little less than 600 cal for everything and beans are filling as fuark so I should be good for a while.

Is there a better app than MFP out there? Ideally something not as bloated which is ironic.
Also I don't like how they ask you all this shit about where you're from and need your fb account.

>SW 212lb
>CW 152lb
>GW 142lb

I made the retarded mistake of not lifting while losing so now im a skinnyfat creature. I asked this yesterday but didnt really get the amount of (you)s I wanted so ill ask again.

Is starting strength really the best thing for me? or should I be doing cardio or something to make myself not a flabby skinny fat thing?

I do MFP on the desktop and it cuts all the bullshit out. Sure I can't scan bar codes but I'm able to look up everything in the robust database and it's barebones simple.

> where you're from
> need your fb account.

Are we using the same app? I didn't need to register a FB account, and you can always say something like the moon for your location if you're that paranoid.

However, honestly- no, MFP is the best calorie counter app out there.

lost 80 lb and now gaining it back

Isn't peanut butter super calorie dense?

I can't seem to make any progress with push ups. I've been working out for two weeks or so and I've already added another set to everything else in my calisthenics routine, but I can't even finish 3 sets of pushups. I've gotten a little better, but not at the rate of everything else. Any reason why?

Do planks instead. I started with 1x30 second plank then moved upto a minute then a minute thirty then started to add reps to it like 2x1:30

after being able to do 3x1:30 I could shit out press ups because I had been training my body to hold the position. Give it a try.

It is, as are all nuts (pistachios etc). Eat in very measured servings for best results if eating them. They do however contain very healthy fats.

Enjoy destroying your work because you are weak.

>sets of push ups
I think you’re doing it wrong. Go until failure, until it burns like a bitch, every day.

>tfw go to the bank
>they give me a sucker
>this broke me and i started a 5 day binge
>god likce binge

Cmon user that kind of lack of self control is just sad

you the real sucker

Started 4th week of no beer and sugar challenge. Feeling more energetic, weight goes down faster, morale up.

Wedding in 5 months, my will was never stronger.

Sure, but that only helps with core development, right? What should I do for my arms then?

I'm 5'9 295, measured myself. Realized what I was doing to myself after eating like a massive quantity of chips, oreos, pizza this weekend WHILE losing money gambling. Seriously, cannot be more of a loser, and I owe a crazy amount of rent too. Going to try to control myself and at least display an iron will for a month cause if I continue like this I might as well kill myself. So here we are.

Question though: Using one calculator (simple TDEE) I get 3100 calories. Yet when I put in that I plan to have 2000 calories a day in the losertown site, it calculates me losing 90 pounds in a year. Even at 2 pounds weight loss per week, isn't this is too slow for someone as obese as I am? Reading the numbers it's a 7000 calorie deficit = 2 pounds a week but... it seems a bit weird. Any thoughts?

That's a pretty healthy rate. You can always cut lower and lose faster, but you will definitely run into some issues of loose skin and looking saggy.

It's a good idea to start mixing in some physical activity too. Start just with walking at a brisk pace and try just doing a little longer/faster every day and get up to the point where you can walk 5 miles in about an hour. Once you can do that easily think about switching over to jogging. That'll help with faster progress too.

I'm giving up /fat/.
I've lost 110lbs over the course of a year, and since I've hit 200lbs bodyweight, I can't get down any lower. It's been months, and I don't gain or lose.

I'll hit 196, 197, after practically slaving away for 1-2 weeks. Then I lose control and get back to 202, 203.

I just hover between 199-202 now. I'm going to maintain this weight, not all of us can make it. Seriously have no idea how someone could get down to 170lbs. I got my bf% tested when I was 228lbs and my lean body mass was 172, maybe that's why this seems impossible. I've lost a lot of muscle since then and all my lifts are shit too.

it's over /fat/. This is the end for me.

Alright lads, I have discovered a wonderful thing. Get hard candy. You just keep it in your mouth, and it gives you the sweetness you crave, while being only like 12 calories per piece, which takes forever to melt. I have been sucking hard candy all day and I have gone through no more than 25g of it. This is the ultimate crave control I have found. Try it out.

About 30kg in a few months. Don't know how it happened.

Rapid. I gained 100 lbs over the course of 3 years. It's taken me an embarrassingly long time (8 years) to get to the point where I am now. I was Class II obese, now I'm just 10 lbs from being in a normal BM, and 30 lbs from my goal weight. I stalled due to depression, but I'm in a better place and can focus on losing the rest of this weight.

Hold the line lads, you can do it.

I guess I could try that. Tip for a Tip, I snack on carrots and salsa. The crunch of chips is what I crave and carrots are good for that and as long as you watch the sodium and what kinds of salsa you get it's pretty decent calorie wise.

only if you knew how many times i gained and lost. i've lost 100s of lbs so far. I start thinking about tfw no gf and seeing couples in the gym hurts. been lifting for a decade but fat still. sucks, there's this mental barrier i have to break. I gained 5 lbs out of the 80, i can catch myself now however it's going ot be tough to get back into the game. I'm conflicted between losing strength at the gym and losing fat. this decision is tough and i can't decide

i wanted to look good in a tight ugly christmas sweater, but that goal will have to be pushed until next year because i was too weak to stay on the diet. fml

rapid

when i was young my dad would feed me tons of sweets and food to no end, when i visited him, to actively piss off my mother. I would gain 30+lbs in a month and i was actually a fit child

Fast forward to 13, i'd picked up bad habits that kept me from keeping the weight off as easily and got chunky

at 16 i had an active summer job and was on a diet and i god twink mode, but gained the weight back in 6 months because i stopped dieting and working once school started

now at 21 i was 250 and an older woman said i could skip a meal or something like that which brought me to here earlier this year.
i'm, 22 now, 7 months later (i fell of the horse for 2 or 3 months hard) and look a little chunky but also muscular, because the fat seems to be where the muscle is i guess?
i'm only 210 but i keep getting told i look a lot thinner

>Hit original goal weight
>85kg @ 182cm
>realize this is still pretty fat
And the cut goes on. I was far too optimistic.

There is an app on android and iOS called loseIt. it's very good, no bloat.

Aight bois, gonna try one week on 1100 calories with 150 protons a day and see what happens. This plateau is really pissing me off.

>when i was young my dad would feed me tons of sweets and food to no end, when i visited him, to actively piss off my mother
Wow, what an absolute cunt.

Oh no, I'm about 1cm taller and have the same goal weight. Navy calculator had me at 75kg lean and I figured I could go to 85 and see how it was there. might cut lower to 80

Most people overestimate how much muscle they have on their frame. 85kg@12%bf and 182cm is an ffmi over 22, which would indicate that you either have insane genes or that you’ve been training for a couple of years. I’m guessing neither is the case and you’d have to lower your weight to around 70-75kg to actually look somewhat defined.

Haven't posted here in a little bit.

Still progressing some lifts,, and maintaining weight since I lost over 60 lbs.

Am I gonna make it bros? I've been off kilter as fuck for a bit but getting back into it now.

yes he was
I haven't spoken to him in 10 years

>just ordered a pizza

what the hell is wrong with me

>fried egg (52g- fried with no oil)
>no oil
How?

>monday morning as soon as they open

oh boy are they laughing when you answer the door

hey fuck you it'll be past noon by the time it gets here

>diet starts today again
>lost 80 lbs
I hope i get below 170, I'm 200.

what was for breakfast, fat boi?

pinch your love handles and really ask yourself if this is what you want

go progress your lifts while you wait on the pizza to get there, I want at least a 20 rep no break push up and a 60 second plank while them abs are roaring at you.

Went to the gym when i was 37 BMI, had pretty good natural strength, 10 months later and at 22 BMI I can only lift half the weight I could at 37...

JUST

You guys going to make your end of the year goals?

Back in September I started cutting harder with the goal of trying to get under 210 by the time I went back to visit my parents in December.

I leave in 2 days and last week I weighed in at 212 this morning. So close.

No.

I wanted to be under 200 by the end of the year and I'm 218 right now. Started at 300 in May.

>Lost 20 pounds recently.
>Gained back about 5 lbs.
>Disappointment turns into anger then turns into depression.
>Fuck it, I’ll just binge my brains out. Ship is already sinking anyways.
>Step on scale today.
>Gained 15 of the 20 back.

JUST.

Well yeah bro, when youre on a cut like us fatties the best we can do strength wise is to mitigate damage, but once youre at a good weight you can look at bulking

The last 30 pounds is always the hardest, just keep pushing

never gonna make it.

stop acting like food is gonna overpower you, just have some fucking self restraint christ.

Eating food is literally an active process, you have to willingly open your mouth and masticate the food, just don't fucking do it.