Why aren't there more things that provide such a perfect combination of health, convenience, and cost-efficiency...

Why aren't there more things that provide such a perfect combination of health, convenience, and cost-efficiency? What are some healthy things that go well with rice?

Other urls found in this thread:

speciation.net/News/Surprisingly-high-concentrations-of-toxic-arsenic-species-found-in-US-rice-;~/2005/08/03/1561.html])
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>health
oh user, no, brown rice is proven healthier

Beans.

What else do you need?

lentils, just mix them though. gram for gram about the same cals as rice but a fuck load of fibre and protein. Good mix

arsenic

I like to make salmon burgers from wild caught canned Alaskan salmon (its what I can afford) and then roasted broccoli and cauliflower. Sometimes I add cooked carrots and potatoes. Basically I eat rice every day because Im a hard gainer. I always add 1 protein and several veggies.

>rice

Nigga are you serious? Why are vegans such dumb shitters? I swear to god every single "health concious" vegan has less knowledge about grains and veggies than "meatcucks". Rice has fuckall in terms of nurtitional value besides calories in the form of carbs. It's just enough to keep 5'0'' chinamen working the fields.

Some people dont process the fibers of brown rice and should get their fiber from dense vegetables instead. Same with other grains like quinoa. I literally cannot eat it without my shits being uber loose. Best to listen to your body ans white rice can be great if youre trying to make gains and boost carb intake.

Another protein that heavily strains the body. Green peas and fish are better imo.

Yup it’s the Asian equivalent of corn, calorically dense and nutritionally barren.

Someone explain to me why Japan has the highest life expectancy in the world with white rice as a staple to their diet.

Green tea, seafood, and not sedentary.

>enormous corporate sector
>not sedentary
I really should try to learn to like fish though.

>not potatoes
Why? Potatoes have vitamins, they're one of the cheapest thing by the pound, no risk of Chinese QUALITY and you can make them in 6 minutes with a microwave.

Try eggs and rice

>not sweet potatoes
It's like you're not even trying

Nothing wrong with a sweet potato in terms of it's individual makeup, but for most people it's going to be considerably more expensive than a regular potato, and unless I'm missing something, it's only really got the upper hand in terms of beta-carotene, which would already be covered by spinach and carrots (and a few other things) or by vitamin A from meant sources.

Regular old taters are still dirt cheap despite their myriad of diseases and the gigantic length producers go through to ensure that their crops don't fail due to disease from year to year. Its probably the only crop that rivals wheat in terms of versatility, ease of growth and abundance.

Regular potatoes are a real contender for goat all-time carb source.

They have disproportionately high rates of diabetes.

Highest life expectancy nonetheless.

I wanna know what these food science niggas are doing if not coming up with a fucking way to make milkshakes perfectly nutritious while tasting delicious.

>things that go well with rice
tuna, peas, broccoli, beans, corn, tomato, onion, garlic and sometimes even beetroot.
this is 60 percent of my diet. sometimes i mix it up with a potato base instead of rice

They're both healthy you dipshit. The only difference is just like with race, brown is superior when it comes to physical fitness

t. yellowfaggot

Japanese immigrants to the US who retain culture but adopt American diet live longer than the ones who retain trad culture and diet.

They don't live long because of the food, they live long in spite of it.

>rice
>not potatos or sweet potatoes baked in the oven and left to cool

Enjoy your low tier carbs that only work for insulin/HGH abusers.

Egg fried rice is yum. Took me a whole week to figure out how to cook it though

Gonna post a source?

It's a well known study. Feel free to google. Start with japanrse american paradox. Consider it an exercise in not being a useless fuck who won't post sources himself, but demands sources of others.

>diabetes.

>MFW diabetus1 is an evolutionary trait from superior genetics. those who were stronger, hunted more ate more and their bodies need not process surgars and produce insulin the way other did because of their weakness.
>present all the symptoms of it. toe even goes numb sometimes
>runs in the family
>always eaten extremely healthy diet. never really had sweets or junk food until i could buy it with my own money.
>live at base of mountain.
>always rock climbing, hiking, waterfall climbing and the likes.
>can not put on weight. if i stop working out and keep eating the same i loose weight and become Skelly.

Make a chana massala

Fat's giving you diabetes. Not "sweets."

Healthy population may be strong enough to resist. A fat, lazy miserable population is easier to control. They want us fat, miserable and alone. I just want to be happy and have a loving wife. Might as well wish for a mansion

diabetes type 1 is something else then type 2 user.

Rice, cheese and spinach. Gud stuff.

maybe type 2
lrn to diubetus. seriously though type one is genetic nothing to do with life style. it runs in my family and i present all they symptoms, though never been tested for it as i don't really trust modern medicine and its pharmaceutical funding. possibly why i have not had a sever problem. i do get light headed and blurry visioned sometimes but i've always craved sweet tings. lived near a sugar cane farm so i can just cut the odd stalk down and suck on some juice when i feel faint. only way i can put on weight is muscle mass no matter how much i eat

Post the source fagget

>microwaving potatoes

Just put them in a tater pocket and nuke them

This. Read Dave Asprey. He goes in depth on why grains are poison. White rice is best rice if you're going to eat grains

Brown rice is thicker and longer. All the ladies prefer it

I like eating white rice with butter and raw honey pre- and post workout

brown rice fucking sucks

the difference is negligible you dumb fuck

hey get a load of this guy
>strains the body
toughen up bro its just beans

Who gives a fuck what dave asprey says

Cinnamon and warm milk

arsenic in rice comes from arsenic contaminated soil, its not like the arsenic is some important biological component of the rice

just buy from producers who have been tested to not have high arsenic concentrations, i know lundgren farms is one

Don't read Dave Asspie.

I love fresh rice but microwaved rice is the worst. Any bros got advice on microwaving rice so it is not bad

I always just heat up leftover rice in a skillet

I think he was being sarcastic but yeah there isnt really a difference between white and brown rice. Because i am Veeky Forums i enjoy pairing them with certain dishes

Pulled pork.

Beans, you dummy. There's a reason why that combination is staple in the caribbean. Though high in protein, beans, like other vegetables are low on lysine. Rice is high on lysine and gives you a complete amino acid profile. Perfect meal.

>cheap, healthy, convenient

rice doesn't come close to eggs, and you can cook them a bazillion different ways

>healthy
>eggs

Fiber isn't processed, you shit it out, that's how it works

I thought people on the Greek islands lived the longest

>being delusional enough to think eggs aren't healthy.

good luck with your no gains in 2018

>unhealthy
>eggs

Only problem with eggs is cooking them. No form of preparation with no cleanup.

Literally nothing that you cook will be without cleanup.

Poached eggs are pretty clean, though.

lol no one here is even talking about veganism

Im prediabetic, or at least insulin resistant. I have family history of diabetes type 2 and i cant process carbs like most people. Im not even fat. Im actually pretty lean being 13% body fat. In order for me to ingest carbs without getting myself full blown diabetes is through carb cycling/refeeds. Its annoying but it is thd only way i can train and get gains without getting fat safely. For example, i would do 3 days low carb and 1 day high carb refred. The only carbs allowed are stuff that wont spike my insulin too fast like hawaiian purple sweet potato yams, regular sweet pitatoes, brown basmati rice mixed with black beans, and surprisingly whole grain pasta thats not overcooked.

>Dave Asprey
dude dave asprey is a fucking moron

good luck with your atherosclerosis

Too bad lundgren is jewish by giving laughable sized bags of rice for the same price you can get for a 5kg bag

peoples who eat the most rice are shortest in india and china.
Northern chinese and northern indians are known for eating wheat and being taller and more robust than their southern counterparts.

>2017
>still not eating the chad grain

No matter how big or better a poo is, its still a poo

>28 mg of manganese
That's how you get alzhemier's.

Average height in the far north of india is like 5'9-5'10, it's well documented.
They eat no rice, they eat mostly wheat and milk/yogurt/cheese

You and your kind still a poo to me. No amount of gains and height is gonna change that. I will always assume that a poo skinned individual has potential to shit on the streets0

I agree, nobody cares about Indian ethnic diversity except for other Indians, they’re all just a bunch of shit cunts who think they’re amazing.

>dense
>130 calories
Would not make it if i tried to eat 3000 kc a day.

Differences in isolated populations are usually a good way to determine if a diet is balanced or not, as is the case in northern/southern chinese and southern and central asians.
Look it up and don't be a brainlet.

I'd eat more oats but I don't like spending 2 hours out of my day eating things with nonexistent caloric content.

Those three things are all values. If you want one, you have to give up one or two of the others.

>It's a well known study
Should be easy for you to find and post thhen

>this message was paid for by the California agricultural committee

He won't do it because he's bitch made. You just have to believe that he's right and the belief should be enough proof

This

>high protein
>high fibre
>low calorie
>cheap as fuck

My go-to budget/busy day meal is lentils and quinoa steamed in broth. Cheap, healthy, lean, and easy.

Arsenic contamination is mostly caused by soil accumulation that accrued when the land was planted with cotton. California didn't have as many plantations as Texas.

Also, unless you're eating a great deal of rice in one sitting, arsenic is nothing you need to worry about.

Remember kids, the dose makes the poison.

Any tips for making lentils taste less awful?

Would ~50% of overall diet be considered a great deal?

Bro I had 8 eggs this morning and it literally took 2 minutes to clean my mess up.

Mix them with other ingredients. Like I said, I steam mine in broth and they're edible, if a bit plain. My gf makes a lentil shepherd's pie that is delicious with no meat/cheese. Lentil soup is another recipe that's tasty and easy.

Bottom line, lentils will never taste great by themselves. If it means anything though, they're a wonderfood and the cost and nutritional value more than makes up for the taste.

Depends on a lot of things:

What's ~%50 in volume (I don't know how much food you eat, we need exact volume here)

What's the level of contamination (Most American rice sits at 260 parts per billion [speciation.net/News/Surprisingly-high-concentrations-of-toxic-arsenic-species-found-in-US-rice-;~/2005/08/03/1561.html])

What's your bodyweight

Do you have any medical factors you need to consider

Do you ingest Arsenic from other sources (Drinking water is quite a common source, as well as fruits and nuts)

I suggest doing some research on your own on how arsenic affects the body, but I would say that unless you're consuming half a kilo of dry rice, you're probably fine.

What's the consensus on white rice vs. brown rice? When should you choose one or the other?

Are they equally well-fed? Japanese are short but it's hard to tell if that's from their diet or the fact that they don't eat and don't sleep in general. They're statistically very low in both obesity and sleep time, not to mention the general culture that seems to love skinny prettyboys, let alone the girls.

>craving fast food
>realize you're just craving fat, salt and simple carbs
>stir salt and a tsp of butter into a bowl of white rice for a fraction of the cost
>remember better times when you could afford food
>hope you can sell your car in time to buy christmas presents

Rice is nice.