/FAST/ #47 SHITTERS GET YE GONE EDITION

/FAST/ FASTING GENERAL

What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and fat fasting
While fasting alone is fantastic for your health, Consider doing a ketogenic in addition to become god mode

>WHY CICO IS BULLSHIT
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0

>HGH , Test, and muscle growth?
youtube.com/watch?v=snyA5UgrZis
dietdoctor.com/fasting-muscle-mass

WHY YOU SHOULD BE DOING KETO:
youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8
youtube.com/watch?v=NqwvcrA7oe8

>how can I get a quick rundown? Where can I start?
dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting
dietdoctor.com/longer-fasting-regimens
youtube.com/watch?v=9idhb2aAfns

>any more info?
idmprogram.com/fed-fasted-state/
medium.com/the-mission/the-sweet-spot-for-intermittent-fasting-9aae12a2158c
youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/

>Fung talks and lectures:
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
youtu.be/PSR82vmZ5lk
youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE

>Doesn't salt make you explode?
youtube.com/watch?v=amJ-ev8Ial8

Sip snake potions.

First for /Fasted/ reclimation of your general from total fags

wow awesome thread

Do we have any hard autophagy fags yet? What has it changed for you? Have you managed to get any changes internally with your organs?

It's always slow at this time, mainly active during American hours. Makes sense since Americans are the fattest.

quads of fasting truth

can we make sure that innawoods tripfag doesn’t ruin the thread?

I'll be starting tomorrow. Well, I guess I started today. 48 hours into a keto meal or two maxing 1000 calories and then I'm gonna go as long as I can without eating. Following the snakefag's recommendations. Won't be using the ACV due to not caring enough about it, but I will use the lemon juice since I love lemons.

5'10 270 pounds, looking to lose 110-115 pounds. Hopefully the autophagy prevents loose skin problems. I'll post before and after pics in a month or so to show progress. Though I don't know how hard it'll be since I walk around a good deal at work and I work 7 days a week, also it's a 30 minute walk each way to get there. Wish me luck bros.

Wait, is this kimchi?

He has his own general now, hopefully that keeps the autism over there. Lets not mention his name lest we summon him. He thrives on attention.

Maybe we could start a thread on /q/ asking the mods to ban him and avocado? banning avocado at least will be easy because he's easy to pick out even without the trip

felt dizzy as fuck this morning so i broke my 2 day fast with a handful of cheerios

Gonna start a water fast today and go aslong as I can. Been doing OMAD on and off for a bit and have been losing weight, even had people notice. Wish me luck.

Changing from an afternoon fast to a morning fast. Should see better results.

Starting my 5 day water fast tomorrow boys. Ive been doing a few 24hour fasts every other day last week to help prep. Any other tips? Can I still drink green tea?

Tea should be fine as long as there's no sweeteners, anything sweet (including zero calorie stuff) will spike your insulin and make you super hungry, as well as take you out of ketosis

Speaking of ketosis, I heard that people get a weird taste in there mouth and that's how you know you're in that state. What does it taste or smell like? I've heard different things from different people but is there a general sign that shows?

Gonna try to make Snake mans snake juice for the first time tomorrow as I go into a 48hr fast. Is kosher salt usable as long as I use snake mans suggested amounts?

you needed salt

Did snake faggot ever post his blood test results from the duration of his bacon dry-fast?

Daily reminder that 3+ day latte fasts are the true way to a higher plane of existence

Does drinking pre workout count as breaking your fast?

Does it have any artificial sweetener or creatine?

yeah. I feel like that answers my question haha

Whats the best snake potion?

Im doing 1 tsp nosalt with water only

My liver pain has gone since waterfasting.
Whenever I've drank I could feel my liver protesting for up to two weeks. Now after a couple of multiday fasts the pain had gone.
Either it's the fats that are going, or the liver is regenerating. Or gallbladder is getting a rest, or something.

And not to sound like a fag or something, but I have been able to feel love again.
Emotions are coming back, and not I a overwhelming "help I'm unstable" kind of way, just general "Hey I'm alive" kind of way.

Weight in Kgs taken in the morning, if and how I ate under that.
fast
fast
OMAD
Social eating evening
Social eating day
fast
today

Will be eating tomorrow after which I will be doing a four day waterfast with OMAD on Sunday to break the fast.

You need sodium too. Nosalt is just Potassium of which you need max 5 grams a day.
Sodium and potassium work well together, so mix some in.

Like said you need to balance the potassium with sodium. Your nervous system works via a potassium/sodium exchange, so it's important to keep intake of the two roughly the same. A lot of people swear by pink salt because of trace minerals but plain table salt is just fine. 1 tsp each per liter of water, drink it throughout the day. It tastes much better cold in my opinion.

Snake man recommends the daily shots of lemon juice and ACV mixed with baking soda, but both of these have 22 calories per 100ml. Will they interfere with the fast?

Does IF have good effects on acne?

Just started my 72 hour water fast, wish me luck bros.

Good luck.

On my third day, not as bad as I thought, are you taking salts. Good luck

Questions:

1. Are salt and potassium the only minerals needed?
2. Is alcohol okay?

Fat ads here, is water fasting worth it to lose weight? I know the benefits but it kind of seems like it's going to be horrificly painful compared to cico intermittent fasting.

Currently pushing 340 POUNDS and would like to drop serious weight, do you think 1 pound a day is realistic?

I was doing OMAD up till now but I want to aliminate as much fat as possible so I get a sixpack, then from my skeletal form do lots of exercise so I get a little buff, so I started watching the Snake diet videos, and saw one taht he said that while fasting for 48 hours do not do any exercise at all or I'll faint.

What should I do? just sit down until my bodyfat is less than 10%?

Id say get in a path you think you can stay on. Try the easier method first, once you are confident in that experiment with more difficulty.

Is doing OMAD but not keto a waste of time or will I still lose weight quickly?

>1. Are salt and potassium the only minerals needed?
Yes, unless fasting for really long times.
>2. Is alcohol okay?
No

I dropped down to 100kgs from 150 using CICO sx meals a day. This took a year.
I then gained 22.5kgs which I kept for a while. Now in a few short bouts of fasting I'm down to 105.
Waterfasting with SNAKEJUICE is the way to go, at least for me it was. Waterfasting has been much easier for me that IF or alternative day fasting.

1 pound a day is very realistic, the weighloss will slowdown, but that will be waterweight, the fat will keep on getting burned (google WHOOSH effect).

yes, or better yet go walking.

I'd also like to know the answer for this question

Never heard of the whoosh effect that explains so much. What is snakejuice? Google isn't giving me anything.

Is excess meat giving me diarrhoea or is it protein in general? If I switch from meats to something like nits for my source of protein and consume roughly the same amount, can I expect an alleviation of symptoms? I’m bloated as hell right now.

SNAKEJUICE is water and salts.
Take 1 liter of water mix in potassium

I fasted 2 days, did tons of cardio and seemed to gain lean mass what is the deal?

Just buy the strips. They're more accurate.

Any supplements you guys recommend?

I'm planning on doing a 7 day fast.

>supplements

Cardio, water and electrolytes anything else fucks up the process.

Can't take zinc or anything?

Why are folks saying not to put ACV and lemon juice into the snake juice? Thought that was literally snake mans recipe?

If you are crazy low on shit because your diet is terrible then wait until you are not low on shit before fasting. There is no point in taking in anything that might effect your body and it will only get in the way of fasting. If you are going to fast then doing it the most possible natural way will give you the best results.

He changed it. He now takes it separate due to fucking up his teeth.

>Already did a 48 h fast this week
>Been doing 23/1 fasts the rest of the week for 3 weeks now
>Currently on a 36 h fast after eating a shitton of sugar the day before
>Gonna eat 2 meals today then go back to 23/1

I feel leaner and stronger than i did in the summer but the scale is showing more. Maybe i should eat more.

Why do you have to show us your underpants? No one needs to see you dick.

Personally, I find fasting like 2-3 days and just going full days of re-feeding works better then going into some type of IF. Once you are completely fasted and everything is up regulated to use the food better then it is just better to bombard the system with supply then go back into a longer fast. If you would be realistically fasting because you ran out of food and had to hunt something down to kill it and it would be like larger animal then you would probably be eating it for a day or two before you had to do it again. It makes sense to me anyway.

Well I want to show legs too...

And also I can t do longer fasts throughout the week because I do cardio everyday. Also your body cant digest a shitton of food so you are wasting nutrients if you eat till you burst one day then not eat for days after that,you just shit it out... of course if you are over 15% bf I guess longer fasts are preferable

What are your macros? People who switch to low-carb/keto may get diarrhea for the first two weeks due to carb-dependent gut flora dying off.

A week and a half ago I weighed in at 161lbs. Since then I've done a 60 hour fast and started keto. I just weighed myself when I woke up and I'm at 150lbs. Is my scale messed up or did I actually lose 11lbs?? The only explanation I can think of is that maybe I had a ton of water weight.

Pls do pullups.

Fuckin nice. Are you fasting to cut or for health reasons?

Starting fasting last night at 7pm. Intend to go to Friday at 1pm-ish.

how much salts do you take? I see the snake juice recipe, but that would be quite salty

>can t do longer fasts throughout the week because I do cardio everyday.

Fasting is the best time to do cardio. You drive up your ketones and it preserves more muscle.

I have a Reduced sodium salt, 50% Potassium 50% Salt, I have 3g of that per litre of water and I don't really drink more than 1 litre-ish of water a day.

Finished a 4-day water fast on Thursday which was the longest I've done so far. The first one is the hardest, after that I think the cravings for the most addictive junk go way down.

I switched to OMEOD after that and am planning to stick to it to drop ~20 lbs. Is 1600 cal with good macros/micros ok for that one meal? I see a lot of conflicting information about eating too much/too little. My TDEE is ~2300

Also I have an office job so not very active, if you are are more active I would increase that water amount.

Hey guys. I'm new to the whole fitness thing (2 months in going to the gym 5 times a week with routines) 6'5" 220 pounds, want to get lean as fuck. Would you reccomend 20:4 fasting 24/7 until I meet my goal body fat percentage? (>8%) (at 20% right now) I have good willpower and will stick to it, just looking on some advice anons, thanks. :)

Stop eating, drink SNAKEJUICE only do light cardio till you reach your goal.

Looking into a snakejuice diet, never heard of it. I appreciate the reply, thanks. I'm pretty hard stuck on building muscle too though, can I still do this on a snake juice diet?

Also, mega fat ass here. Started fasting Nov 16, with multiple 48 to 96 hour fasts. SW 356 burgers weighed in at 336 burgers this morning after roughly 36 hours from last meal. I think I'm going to make it this time. Plan to push myself this week and not break until Saturday night.

Americanski pussies.
Experiment, look to what you best react, YOU WILL NOT DIE IF YOU DONT EAT FOR 2-3 DAYS. Such weak men. Dont fall for supplement sellers.

First time I'm trying Fasting, haven't eaten 17.5 hours, so far so good. Around lunchtime I got very hungry but it's all good so far. I'm surprisingly thirsty and my breath already smells like shit. Any thoughts of doing light exercises while fasting? Could I do a couple of pushups and some weightless squats in the morning?

Drink water. That's not ramadan m8

I'm drinking loads of water, point is in normal non fasting days I drink 3L a day, I think I'm gonna drink around 5L at the end of the day

damn I just read a few of these articles. I think im gonna into fasting now

why do you drink so much water?

While building muscle should be possible I would just go hard on fasting till you reach your goal. Then pack on the muscle. The fat just flies off when doing waterfasting so it won't take long.

Get your electrolytes in, drink SNAKEJUICE.
As you continue to fast your Ghrelin levels will normal out and the feeling of hunger will become less. The first couple off fasts for me where really bad with hunger, now it's non-existent.

NEED A 'ZA NEED A 'ZA NEED A 'ZA NEED A 'ZA NEED A 'ZA

How to deal with shittaste in mouth? I feel this dry weird sensqtion in mouth untill i eat, i drink plenty of water

Also: does smoking weed/hasj (joint with tobacco) have an effect on fasting? I dont get munchies or anything

I wanna know this too pls

Mainly to stay lean and be able to eat whatever i want.

I don't eat shit but i do eat lots of carbs. Trying to cut back on sugar atm. Fasting slowly kills the sugar cravings.

3rd day of doing 18/6 and I'm not as hungry as I thought I'd be, if things keep going good might jump to 20/4 in a couple weeks. Thanks for inspiring me to be better you faggots

>tfw lost 15lbs in 2 1/2 weeks doing keto and IF
>down from 280 to 265lbs

no one told me it would be this effective wtf
feels weird and good man

Probably half of that was water weight. When you break your keto diet, weigh yourself before and after you gain your water back.

Currently 88 hours into a 7 day water fast. I think I'm gonna make it.

>Tfw haven't felt hungry since the end of day 1

I've been smoking weed during my extended fast. It masks the shitty feeling and actually kills appetite long term.

Marijuana has weight-loss effects on its own. Just be careful with dehydration, bb girl.

Nice job. Have you been lifting or just taking a week off to drop fat?

I've been doing daily hikes. About 5 miles. It's a pretty easy hike but a couple of challenging inclines that require me to go much slower than I usually do.

As far as lifting, I'm just using 25lb dumbbells for squats, "bench", lunges, arm workouts, etc. baby shit I know...but I don't want to pass out at my gym.

I'm interested in learning more about metabolism. I.e., how metabolism when fasting vs when calorie restricting differ.

How long do fasts need to be in order to not negatively affect metabolism? (E.g., is OMAD too short? Must they be >=48?)

Another question: would it be beneficial to dry fast the first day of a 72 hr water fast? It should help get into ketosis faster...but how does it affect my electrolytes? If I dry fast day one, am I playing catchup when I switch to snakejuice on day 2?

Would it be better to dryfast the last day of a water fast?

you're in ketosis

brush your teeth and tongue

xylitol chewing gum might help. doesn't influence insulin.

It doesn't help you get into ketosis faster. Ketosis is typically measured with ketosticks dipped in piss. And your piss is just more concentrated when you're dehydrated. You're not making more ketones, you're dumping more ketones per ounce of piss.

The liver always regenerate, faster when you aren't "overusing" it.

It's not really clear as it depends on a lot of factors. The Minnesota starvation experiments found that people became mentally ill (to the point of some biting off their own fingers) on (high carb) reduced calorie diets in ways people on fasts and reduced calorie ketogenic diets don't seem to.

Studies of respiratory quotient suggest people on unrestricted diets mainly burn carbohydrates. Induction to ketogenic diets suggest people pass from carbohydrate burning to fat burning without stopping at the intermediate stage of protein burning, which doesn't really happen at elevated levels until all but essential fat is depleted.

People tend to lose "lean mass" during fasting induction, but nitrogenous wastes suggest only a minimal amount of protein is metabolized, so it's probably from glycogen and stored water.

Unless you're consuming excess protein, your body isn't producing nitrogenous wastes in an amount greater than what would be expected beyond your consuming the lean tissue that supports your body fat.

You may have a food allergy. When you start eating again, maybe add one food at a time. And when I say "one food" I don't mean "pizza" but rather cheese, tomatoes, bread, etc. I'd suggest starting with meat then dairy then non-grain starches then fruit then other plant matter and then grains.

>Watch the snake man vids
>In one ocassion he says that snake juice is 1 liter of water + teaspoon of sodium + 2 teaspoon of potassium
>In another one he says that the snake juice is 1 liter of water + 2 teaspoons of sodium + 2 teaspoons of potassium
>Been checking the threads for a while now and everyone says that the recipe is 1 teaspoons of sodium + 1 teaspoons of potassium

SO WHICH ONE IS IT GUYS?

whichever you can tolerate

I use 1/4 tsp of lite salt (half and half sodium and potassium) per 10 oz of water

>2 teaspoons of potassium
No, too much, you'll go over the maximum limit

If i do OMEOD (47/1), could i have a need for snake juice?

lol /junk/ was moved to Veeky Forums. OMAD lads btfo

I do OMEOD and never really even do snake, I do the non-eat day as a dry fast and then I'll start drinking plain water on my feed day 10 hours before my feed.

I'd recc at least doing electrolyte drops though