Post in QTDDTOT

>post in QTDDTOT
>no response
>post in routine threads
>no response
>post in cbt threads
>no response

Well too bad fuckers, I’m making a thread all for myself now and someone has to answer.
I AM 5’10, 162lbs, 13%bf.
Lifts are (for 5 reps)
>265lbs deadlift
>155 bench
>95 ohp
>205 squat

I’ve been working out for a year, gained 30lbs in that timeframe. I have plateaud for MONTHS or barely progressed on all my lifts. I have been doing pic related. I feel too advanced for novice programs, and too novice for anything else.
WHAT ROUTINE DO I DO? All I care about is strength, but too many say SS won’t have enough volume for me and I should only do it for a few months so I’m lost.

Ask any questions I will be staring at thread and nothing else until it archives. I did GSLP for 5 months then pic related until now

nSuns 5/3/1 5 day. Also your lifts are poopoo.

>sub 1/2/3/4
back into the SS pit with yer

I'm 1/2 but don't have the 3/4, can I stay out of the pit? Please?

lmao you don't need a routine, you need gomad

I know. that’s why I’m posting
The volume isn’t too little? SS is my best chance for strength gains given where I’m at?

I would rephrase this thread somewhat. Instead of ASKING which routine you should do, just pick a routine, any routine, then make a post STATING that this is the best routine and this is what you're going to do, then you will get dozens of replies "correcting" you with the answer to your actual question.

So I'm following this routine, it's supposed to be AxBxAxx. My old routine was shit, but had me at the gym 5 days a week so now I really feel like I'll be wasting my time if I don't go to the gym tomorrow, how do I cope with this?

what do you mean by (alternate)?
Alternate between sets or between days?

ePsychology

between days, so one week id do two OHP and one bench, next week would be two bench and one OHP

thanks mate, your routine looks solid and I've been looking for something new.

ive been thinking of adding a C day to it and doing ACBCAxx but idk if it would be too much

Tbh it looks good as it is. Maybe I'd add a AMRAP at the end of each set to really feel the burn but other than that.
What do you wanna work on your C day then?

i was thinking doing some incline db press or db pec flies, calf raises, lat pull downs and face pulls or something, maybe 10/15 mins light cardio

this is now a routine rate thread

Monday
Squat 4x5
Close Grip Bench 3x4
Rack Pull 2x7
Chinups 3xF

Wednesday
Paused Squat 3x4
OHP 4x5
Barbell Rows 4x8
Chinups 3xF

Friday
Deadlift 3x5
Paused Bench 5x5
Tempo Squats 2x8
Chinups 3xF

Don't see any problem if they're light exercises. C day could be good opportunity to focus on isolation exercises to compliment the A and B days.
For me the AxBx seems best, because my time is limited.

i have enough time to go everyday, so i might as well make the most of it. if that's what works for you though then go for it

bamp

You ARE a novice. You can still make gains on a novice LP, so that is what you should be doing.

Do late novice stage SS (light squat on Wednesday, deadlift on Wednesday, progress 2.5lbs each upper body lift 5lbs. each lower body lift)

Or do GSLP which is basically late novice SS.

stop fucking with new exercises and exercise orders. just move on to an intermediate program like madcow 5x5

ITT: retarded people trying to create their own programs

r4nger5.com/transfer/practical_programming_for_strength_training/Practical Programming for Strength Training.pdf

This OP. Milk the last noob gains and when you're done switch to intermediate

Lifting for 5 months and here are my stats:

230 bench
145 OHP
275 back squat
355 deadlift
215 BB row

I ONLY DO COMPOUNDS EXCEPT FOR 2 SETS OF CURLS FOR BICEPS

JUST FUCKIMG DO COMPOUNDS, STOP WITH THE MEME SHIT. VOLUME VOLUME VOLUME

explain

idk mate i do compunds only and i'm right now stalling for 6 workouts on both, ohp and bench(squats and deads increase) at 40kgs and 70 kgs 5x5
any tips?

gain weight, do a different program, improve nutrition or sleep hygiene, find ways to decrease outside-the-gym stress

READ THE FUCKING STICKY

>gain weight
not gonna happen
>do a different program
like what ? more volume less weight?
> improve nutrition or sleep hygiene
both are better than ever
>find ways to decrease outside-the-gym stress
not gonna happen right now

tell me your height, weight, and time spent lifting, and ill tell you if you need to gain weight.
Make sure youre not doing a program meant for beginners. Novice lifters dont need as much training volume, so novice programs dont have much training volume

You are not 1/2. You're 40lbs short on OHP and 70lbs short on bench. My lifts are almost identical. Let's keep doing SS for now

1.77 cm
70kgs
in the gym 3 months, did cali for 3 summers
my program is ULXULXX doing compunds first then hitting the rest of the muscles like ceps and calves. everything i do is 5x5 except bi/tri ceps and calves and deadlifts.

sorry but what the fuck
I'm 5'10" 141.2 lbs
3x7 ohp(clean and press) 88
5x7 squat 215
3x3 deficit deadlift 280
How are you 13% ? That would make me single digits bf and I know I'm not.

Have you tried deloading?

so youre 5'8, 155 lbs, and have been training for 3 months. Youre underweight and a novice. If you gain about 30-50 lbs, youll actually look muscular in clothes instead of just a skinny guy, which you look like now. Im half an inch taller than you and weigh 200 lbs and actually look like i train. Take advantage of noob gains, dont be afraid to gain weight my dude

i'll look like i looked 1 year ago, with a belly which i don't want. i'd rather stay skinny

but last year you didnt train. thats the difference. A guy who weighs 200 lbs because he eats good food and trains for mass is going to look completely different than a guy who weigh 200 lbs because he sits on his ass eating chips and drinking soda.

a while back i read a study (cant find it now) where they had 2 groups, one who lost weight and one who didnt lose weight but resistance trained, and the people who DID NOT lose weight actually LOST MORE adipose tissue in their abdominal area (aka belly fat) than the people who lost weight but didnt train. I experience the same thing when i started lifting too, i actually have a SMALLER waist than i did when i was 30 lbs lighter and skinnyfat.
Also, if youre going to stay skinny and underweight, dont complain about your lifts plateauing and you staying weak.

>and the people who DID NOT lose weight actually LOST MORE adipose tissue in their abdominal area (aka belly fat)
that's hard to believe since you can't target fat loss

i never said the study said they ONLY lost fat in their belly, they couldve reduced their overall body fat like you do when you recomp. im trying my best to dig up the study, but the point is you dont necessarily need to lose weight to change the way you look

@ OP if you aren't quite intermediate but still a novice I recommend the program I do, it's ez heavy squat day and heavy Deadlift day are A and B days respectively then practice work is done Friday for both 10% lighter than on the heavy days

Cardio works well for my unilateral leg volume so I don't put a lot of thought into adding assistance work for my lower body, if I do any extra work it's just bodyweight squats and lunges with stretches added into the movements to cool down

okay explain me one more thing.
how is extra fat gonna help me lift heavier shit when i lift with muscle not fat?

mass moves mass. generally the more you weigh, the greater force you can produce. if given the choice, which person would you rather get body slammed by, the 130 lb guy or the 300 lb guy? which one do you think would be able to hit you harder?

I've been eating a very low carbohydrate diet for a couple of months and have been losing weight steadily. Last week I started a very low calorie diet (300kcal) and lost 7lbs from Monday to Monday. My lifts and running times stayed the same. How much of the 7lbs was fat loss.

that's a shitty comparison
but i would rather get hit by a 250 fat guy than by a 200 6% bf guy

ok, maybe it wasnt the best comparison, but it is true that weight becomes easier to move when you yourself weigh more. of course, you dont HAVE to gain weight in order to get strong, but it certainly helps, especially if youre underweight like you would be at 177cm, 70 kg

wat the fuck are you talking about

Stupid question.
But I'll be on vacation from the beginning of Christmas weekend to January 2nd and I probably won't be working out all that much.
Should I bother with taking creatine during that time?

it cant hurt

I have a hernias on both of my legs (near my shins) so I can't squat because I can't distribute my weight correctly. Is there a substitute exercise I can do

Are you getting a really good pump on each of these days?

Also have you tried to split your days into 5 single muscle groups.
I do
>legs
>arms
>shoulders
>back
>chest
And I make sure to get a damn good pump everytime.
Your lifts are shit but nobody can see your lifts they can only see what you look like. Keep Building muscle fuck how much you can lift SS and powerlifting is a MEME!!!

surgery x 1