Vegan

Alright Veeky Forums, redpill me on a vegan diet. I'm not talking about a lifestyle without products that contain leather or stuff like that.

All scientific evidence seems to be pointing towards veganism having no downsides. It's just hard to maintain 1) because it's tempting to eat delicious meat, and 2) portionwise it's harder to get a decent bulk in.

Enlighten me.

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4657029/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19562864
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC242746/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3062981/
godairyfree.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/So-Delicious-Dairy-Free-Cashew-Milk-Nutrition-Facts.jpg
static.openfoodfacts.org/images/products/319/817/200/0120/nutrition_fr.8.full.jpg
ars.usda.gov/news-events/news/research-news/2000/b12-deficiency-may-be-more-widespread-than-thought/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4180710/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19496976
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1374738
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25527754
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19243483
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22044848
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4698595/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8061589
paleostyle.com/?p=2001
ucdintegrativemedicine.com/2016/03/youre-not-cow-gorilla-dont-eat-like-one-either/#gs.HbdplRw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Buy some vegan cooksbooks and start cooking. There are also plenty of blogs with good recipes.

Eat a ton of beans and whole grains for protein. You can bulk good on beans and whole grains.

Pea protein powder is my preferred supplement. It kind of thick but tastes pretty good.

Seitan is a pretty good meat substitute. It is made of wheat gluten so no worries about soy, Some vegans don't even eat it because it is so similar to meat.

Cashew cream is a tasty replacement for milk cream. Recipes are all over the web.

Eat as much fruits and veggies as you want.

Take a vitamin b12 supplement.

There's science that proves it has pros and cons just as eating meat does. It all comes down to personal preference really.

It has been proven that an all vegan diet does lead to deficiencies as well which wouldn't otherwise occur in an omnivore diet. From the all natural point of view, having to take supplement pills to give your body what it's not getting from eating, isn't right.

The best thing to do would just be to reduce your meat intake and up your veg intake but not cut out meat altogether.

>hard to get a decent bulk
It really isnt in fact I would say its just as easy. throw 50g oats 50g walnuts 2 scoops of protein in a blender and that is like 600 calories and 40+ grams of protein. just eat that shit 5-6 times a day

Hiya faggots! hope your trolling goes well!

t. someone who never studied or research nutrition. You're an absolute brainwashed fool if you think. Meat is supplemented with vitamin b 12 just liked fortified vegan products. There are no negatives to a vegan lifestyle besides having to change your lifestyle. Once you have made that change, it'll be habitual, just like when you had to start going to the gym, and now its your nature. Stop spread b.s to people that can harm them, the environment or animals.

just don't eat meat, dairy or processed food from meat/dairy.

"omg i'm so edgy ill just post my meal made of dead rotting corpses that'll just bring me closer to being a corpse myself". You're not cool nor tough for eating what 97% of the population eats. Just makes you a conditioned idiot.

>Stop spread b.s to people that can harm them, the environment or animals.
>mfw punching a cow and driving a coal roller while i read this

>meal made of dead rotting corpses that'll just bring me closer to being a corpse myself

>A 2016 systematic review found that a vegan diet was associated with a reduction in cancer risk, although only in a small number of studies. The review concluded that there was no effect of vegan diets overall on all-cause mortality, cancer mortality, cerebrovascular disease or cardiovascular-disease-related mortality. The effects also disappeared when specific cancers were analysed.[

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4657029/

the point is that he's not trying to be cool, he's just being whatever about it. meanwhile heres the vegan going "woah check me out, im so progressive for not eating meat and everyone else is a retard".

I'm considering going to a very low meat/animal product diet - meaning have a nice and high end piece of meat every other month or so, just for taste.

I couldn't give a rats ass about animal welfare, the environment or some field shitter in India

>associated

The main criticisms of veganism are from people that aren't sedentary. Trying to eat enough to bulk or maintain when active is really difficult without meat/dairy. Like nigga, I'm not eating 25lbs of watercress a day to get my 250g protein.

Maintaining macros is fucked as well, and doesn't offer quality complete proteins. Saturated fat and cholesterol are also good for you if you are trying to bulk up. All of these and certain vitamins/minerals are difficult to get with a vegan diet.

It is doable if you are VERY careful about planning your meals properly, protein pairing, counting your macros/micros, are willing to try and gorge on foods that aren't calorie dense, and are willing to spend more than just eating meat/dairy.

I'm not taking a side here, just trying to state plainly the problems you asked for. Most omnivores don't eat enough plants, and most vegans are tiny and have deficiencies.

Drinking half a gallon of milk a day and eating eggs/meat makes my diet healthy, cheap, and simple. That's my preference. I also HATE soy everything. I think it's disgusting, so my options aren't really great for going vegan.

>Drinking half a gallon of milk a day and eating eggs/meat makes my diet healthy

Explain why it isn't. I'm curious.

- Vegan diet healthy for all stages of life

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19562864

- Vegan B12 in traditional fermented foods & seaweed e.g. tempeh, kimchi etc.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC242746/ - Tempeh

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3062981/ - Traditional Korean fermented foods provide adequate B12

- Loads vegan products fortified with B12 (produced without the use of animals)

godairyfree.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/So-Delicious-Dairy-Free-Cashew-Milk-Nutrition-Facts.jpg - Cashew Milk

static.openfoodfacts.org/images/products/319/817/200/0120/nutrition_fr.8.full.jpg - Corn Flakes

- USDA 40% of US population flirting with B12 deficiency due to modern farming

ars.usda.gov/news-events/news/research-news/2000/b12-deficiency-may-be-more-widespread-than-thought/

- Processed meattrash lowers sperm count

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4180710/

- Estrogen in milk lowers test and stops you developing into a real man

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19496976

- Casomorphine in milk is addictive

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1374738

- Milk gives you prostate cancer

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25527754

- Milk gives you acne

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19243483

- Heme iron in red meat gives you esophageal and stomach cancer

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22044848

- Meat gives you colorectal cancer

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4698595/

- Eggs increase cancer risk even when adjusted for intakes of macronutrients or for other food groups

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8061589

>scientific evidence
(((science))) says you don't need to eat meat or eggs because you're not barbarian so why would you ever need to have muscles or testosterone?
Just be a good little soyboy, eat plants like a docile cow, get a job as a web developer, stare at screens 18 hours a day and be a girl's best friend for years while she fucks other dudes.

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19562864
that's about a vegetarian diet, not vegan, but alright
>Furthermore, vegetarians tend to have a lower body mass index and lower overall cancer rates.
BMI is a shit measure and you know that. Overall cancer rates is important though.
>Features of a vegetarian diet that may reduce risk of chronic disease include lower intakes of saturated fat and cholesterol and higher intakes of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts, soy products, fiber, and phytochemicals
So just eat all those things with meat and you will be fine if you aren't a big ole' fatfuck. Dietary cholesterol and saturated fat are no longer the boogeyman either, that's been known for years. I eat over 300% of my RDA for cholesterol and my bloodwork is perfect with 105/70 blood pressure.

>a bunch of shit about how to get b12 through supplementation, weird food, or processed foods
I just eat beef and get plenty.

The rest of your studies are pretty obvious.
>processed meat is bad for you
no shit, eat unprocessed
>acne
got none
>may possibly explain
>may possibly explain
>may possibly explain
>may possibly explain

I mean the only decent one you posted was the one about is the estrogen one, which is concerning of course.

I'm not even trying to be a cunt here, but that's prolly just a copypasta from someone that obviously chose stuff to almost fit their argument if people didn't actually read it. Part of the reason I'm not vegan is that I avoid some of those processed foods you posted. Same reason I don't eat hotdogs.

This has nothing to do with your gender identity issues, fedora edgelord. It's about not dying from coronary disease down the line.

Please read the definitions of "vegetarians" in the study. Often when vegetarian diets are mentioned it means vegan. Check it.

>Just be a good little soyboy, eat plants like a docile cow

Gorillas erat a shitload of protein from all the undomesticated vegetation they eat, plus their own gut bacteria fucking make absorbable amino acids and short chain fatty acids, so they literally can eat the same fucking vegetation all day and never get any deficiencies and still be big as fuck from all the protein they eat and aminoa cids their gut bacteria make.

paleostyle.com/?p=2001
ucdintegrativemedicine.com/2016/03/youre-not-cow-gorilla-dont-eat-like-one-either/#gs.HbdplRw

>that gyno in the middle

Didn't exactly dwell on it

Don't forget they graze 80% of their waking hours and are omnivores.

For most gorillas, their diets consist mainly of fruits/veg, however some do eat small amounts insects (relative to fruit/veg consumption). None eat meat whatsoever.

Neither of us is wrong.

They aren't obligatory omnivorous, they make fats and aminoa cids from the shitload of fiber they eat, they don't even need to eat anything else except wild vegetation to get big and muscular because they eat like 10kg of it a day, and their gut bacteria use the undigestable fiber to feed on it and produce extra amino acids and fatty acids.
Even when not taking into account this method of digestion, they still get like 200g of protein from enzyme based simple digestion from the shitload of plant matter they eat.

Chimps don't have as much of an ability to do so, but they still eat undomesticated plants that are mostly fiber and protein and fat.

This 70-80% high carb diet promoted by vegans has no bearing on human or even primate or mammal metabolism, even ruminants like cows eat a shitload of protein, humans shouldn't be any different.
But because we don't have the digestive system of a ruminant or a gorilla we are fucked if we are to eat only plants for nutrition without getting our assholes bleeding from 100g of fiber.