Doing Pendlay rows

>doing Pendlay rows
>50 year old permabelter comes
>"Don't do it if you don't know how. You're doing it completely wrong"
>Why
>"You are ruining your back with this angle, you have to be almost standing up"
>Yeah whatever
>Picks my barbell and starts showing his terrible form and explaining how to do it
>Buckles his belt super tight and goes away to lift 10 kg plate in front of him like a wheel
Seriously, why do people think that they have to teach others in the gym when they don't know shit themselves?

its the consequence of going to a commercial normie gym. Ive had to train for an oly meet at a fucking YMCA while traveling, and after doing a set of front squats, some curlbro comes up to me and says "uh, dude, you know youre supposed to squat with the bar on your back."

90% of the people on Earth are worthless braindead trash.

kek

kek

>90%

I remember when I was this optimistic

kek

My shins were scraped to hell and back from deadlifts a few weeks ago and a girl I'm friends with told me i was doing then wrong if they touched my shins. This is the same girl who told me girls aren't suppossed to squat after the age of 13. Why can't women do their instagram exercises and mind their own business

"you know you're doing it completely wrong"
"fuck off"

>doing deadlifts
>curlbrodude comes
>"it's not supposed to touch the ground uknow, also it's better with one hand over the bar"
Bad advice thread?

kek

kek

>gets BTFO in real life
>channels his beta resentment into a Veeky Forums thread

what the fuck, is this a bot?

kek

kek

>"don't free squat, it's too dangerous, use the smith machine instead"

kek

kek

kek

way to shit up another thread newfags

>don't like to stand with my back all flexed like I'm an old timey body builder like most dudes do
>makes me feel too superior to everyone at my shitty gym when I do it due to good gainz
>middle age fat midget who tries to swing curl 20 kg dumbbells every other day walks up to me
>you should puff your chest up more, swing those shoulders back

Overhear some terrible advice sometimes in the gym.

>hamplanet on lat pulldown machine
>has 10kg plate in his lap wtf.jpg
>Curlbro with a snapback cap on stood behind him
>Porkface says “Im getting on protein after xmas so i can lose this weight”
>curlbro says “yeah you want to aim for 600 grams at your weight. Extra protein will burn it right off. You got this bro”
>Hamisphere is now ready for the 20kg plate. Puts on lap. Continues but with same latpulldown weight of 15kg.

I can’t even.....

kek

bad advice/bro science youve heard at the gym thread

>squatting below parallel destroys your patella tendons
>weightlifting belts weaken your core
>higher reps to burn fat, lower reps to build muscle

kek

>not posting the full webm

>Hamisphere is now ready for the 20kg plate. Puts on lap. Continues but with same latpulldown weight of 15kg.

can you fucking not?

I hope your idea of "flexed back" isn't the proper neutral position and you're walking around with your shoulders rolled forward like a terminally afflicted benchbro. If that's the case then you're the one in the wrong.

kek

I was assuming that was the case. I can't think of anyone actually mentioning how slouched your shoulders were unless you walked around with your shoulders rolled and head forward like an anime watching little dweeb.

BBC

>"uh, dude, you know youre supposed to squat with the bar on your back."
He was right and you know it

worst troll post ive seen in a while. try harder.

You have forward shoulders because you neglect your upper back.

>girls aren't supposed to squat after the age of 13
13? Where and/or why the fuck did she come up with this?

the virgin pendlay row vs the chad Yates row

kek

heard it all.
also
>you should never rest more than 60 seconds between lifts
>on rows, one guy insisted that if your tows face outwards just a little bit, you're at higher risk of injury. don't think that is the case.

Just look straight at him, and say in a loud firm voice "thanks for the tip man" and give him a thumbs up
then proceed to completely ignore him
or just do this

Her high school trainer lmfao

>chill outside of uni library
>talking to bro about routines
>slightly out of shape turkish man in his 30's hears and joins the convo
>"you talking about gym routine?"
>raves on about being professional in his 20's
>been there done that, continues to patronize us
>"when you get to my age etc. etc"
it felt like an eternity but after about 3 minutes my bro initiated the escape and we left
why do people do this? Do they feel good about themselves?

this. im so fuckin tired of geezers at my gym telling all the young guys about their glory days. apparently every machine grandpa in my gym could "bench 500 when he was our age"

Why didn’t you just tell him to stow his shit instead of coming here to blog about it. He’s not the problem, you are with your lack of assertiveness.

>Doing some OHP
>Lowered the weight since I was trying out hip thrusting rather than 100% strict presses
>Mid-40s balding guy with a permanent baseball cap and beer gut walks over
>"If you do these the right way you can push a lot more weight"
>Loads up 1.5pl8
>Squats down like 30 degrees and does a massive fucking push press. Pretty sure his feet left the ground
>Thought his spine might snap in half he was bending back so much
>Goes for a second rep and whacks himself in the nose
>Drops the bar and walks away bleeding
>Didn't see him again that day

Underrated post

Top kek

I've had people come up to me after seeing me struggle on squats and tell me to use the pussy pad

kek

Old people need to feel useful and proper members of society, no one minds them, no one mores them, it's a lonely life. It will happen to all of us, how pathetic we become depends on what we do now.

kek

imagine if that curlbro walked up to dmitry klokov or clarence kennedy front squatting double the curlbro's back squat and said that

bur

kek

ive been lowbar squatting several times a week consistently for the past 6 years, so i have built some pretty big glutes and spinal erectors, and sometimes when i squat in a fairly tight t-shirt, it might look like my lumbar spine is flexed when its really just the musculature making that shape. ive had literal dyels come up to me and tell me im going to hurt myself after a set of 4pl8 squats because my "back is rounded"

kek

kek

kek

kek

eke

literally the worst thread ever

i lol'd at permabelter, never heard that term but they flock to my gym in droves and i've never understood it

fucking kek

is it even possible to round your back on a squat?

it's possible once.

Lower back rounding. your hips rise before your chest does, aka a "good morning squat" or "buttwink"

kek

This. Bonus points if you say it slightly too loud.

kek

kek

kek

kek

>why do people think that they have to teach others in the gym when they don't know shit themselves?
this is why women think there is a phenomenon of "mansplaining"
its just there are a handful of guys who are annoying know it alls who mostly don't know shit outside of their job

kek

kek

kek

Nah mansplaining is a thing, turbobrainlets on tumblr just gave it a dumb name. My fiancee gets autists trying to impress her with incorrect or first-semester first-year facts about architecture when she mentions she's an architect all the time. She definitely gets it more than I do when I mention my degree is in economics and I work in real estate development.
Being this type of pathetic, cringey faggot is mostly exclusive to men.

Uh buttwink and a goodmorning squat are completely different things

I understood that reference

I get the same on DL, my back is actually set correctly, I just have grossly thicc erectors and midback for some reason and it skews how my lockout looks. At least once a workout I get """helpful""" comments for it, mostly from people who DL my push press. Like, I get it, you want to help, but go away I have autism.

>Like, I get it, you want to help, but go away I have autism.
Delete this

Just fucking tell him you autistic dick licker. Say "thanks chief I'm doing an exercise called Pendlay rows, which begins this way, want me to teach you?"

kek

what's wrong with the first picture

he was trying to keep her pure

It's not a Pendlay row; it's some other kind of row or starting a deadlift.

kek

>50 year old permabelter comes
WHY DO THEY DO THIS

I have people come up to me when I'm squatting 4 plate or deadlifting 5 plate, and tell me I'm too skinny to lift it and I should be careful. Then they sit there and watch me fucking lift it and then go on to act surprised but then still tell me I shouldn't so it without a belt. Now he talks to me every time he sees me. Fuck.

Kek

Satan sent a gains goblin to impair your progress

Kek

>front squats
>thinks he can talk down to anyone.

kek

>im 6'5 with insane long legs
>My low bar atg squats look very strange
>Some thot approaches me after a 3pl8 squat and tries to tell me I need to be more upright
>Try to explain to her this is the only way I can squat
>CONTINUES trying to convince me I need to be more upright

Fuck

kek

This is so fucking bullshit. I've met dozens of women who do that exact same thing.

Sounds like she was right pathetic lanklet