This thing doesnt do shit for me...

this thing doesnt do shit for me. i want to use it for conditioning purposes but i have to go HAM on this highest setting to even get remotely out of breath or break a sweat, and im not even that well conditioned. Am i using it wrong?

Review the proper form for rows again and remember to pull back initiating with your lats, not your arms. I see too many people at the gym doing shit reps because they don't know how to row to save their life. Breathe out when contracting in, and breathe in when extending out.

Oh too easy for you? Cool man.

I hope you watched proper rowing form on youtube mr. olympicon.

It's pretty a much deadlift over and over again but with a pendlay row at the end. When going forwards make sure the 'oar' goes past your knees before u start bending them. Instead of doing as many strokes as possible try to do fewer strokes but as hard as possible. Tense your ass cheeks each time u pull.

im pretty sick and tired of people acting like rowing is some arcane art

How long are you even doing it for? 1-2 Minutes? 5 minutes? 10+?

It's primarily an endurance machine and a strength building one after that.

I don't really understand the cult for these things

Like are you supposed to gas yourself in a couple hundred meters or keep pace until you get bored or your ass goes numb after 30 minutes? Cause keeping pace doesn't exactly feel challenging but a small increase in intensity can start causing fatigue real quick. What's the fucking deal

i try to do it for 30 min at a steady pace but barely feel it until 20 minutes in.

what sort of splits are you pulling?

the /500m time

idfk man i just get on it and start rowing

like all cardio...if it's not hard...just go harder?

this is like running and saying IM NOT TIRED WHY IS RUNNING SO EASY? run faster

row harder

you can also adjust the resistance on the right up to 10, although this doesnt make too much difference

if you can row 2000m in under 6m30s consider taking it up seriously

yeah but whenever i "go faster" i always get whipped backward because my feet are tied down with the strap and its really uncomfortable to do for sustained periods of time

What is your pace?

Except its not. People are just getting it wrong.

idk dude i dont keep up with this shit but id say at least "brisk"

found a pick of OP rowing

>Cause keeping pace doesn't exactly feel challenging but a small increase in intensity can start causing fatigue real quick. What's the fucking deal
You're not conditioned for rowing. The machine is doing its purpose.

Not OP. Will rowing help build mass at all?

What's your drag factor?

what?

Idiot. There's a reason the erg measures strokes per minute, distance and time. If you want to be tired do a 2km time trial and aim to be in the 1:40s per 500m. If, you are doing 2km in 6:30ish you're pretty good.

Are you rowing sub 1:25 500's? If not you aren't rowing very fast and should work on that.
Try for sub 6:00 2 kms, etc.

>tfw can sustain a 1:17 pace
>only for 500m though

My usual 2km time is 6 minutes or less though.