3x5/5x5 scam

Is this t-true anons? am I wasting my time on GSLP when I just want aesthetics?

Fag

5x5 is a hypertrophy rep range.

explain pic related then

literally anyone can make a jpeg

Zach? He gained more muscle than you ever did in six months, he just gained a bunch of fat and looked like shit anyway. Most people look like shit six months into lifting. Lurk more.

you really can be and ugly fridgemode piece of shit and lift 2/4/5/6 and one of the best ways to accomplish this is to only do compound lifts with

>legs /shoulder day

>Puts More fucking volume into traps than delts

The workouts on the left are fucking garbage for body building workouts

Not but yes. Think about it how it is different from 3x8 really, people just like to sell it as strength rep scheme for whatever reason when it is just like 5 reps away from 30 reps(3x10). 5x5 is hypertrophy with a small foot on strength, because you can go heavy relative to 6-12. 15 reps or less on triples, doubles and singles are true strength rep scheme.

so how long shud i run GSLP for iv just started about 1 month and my lifts are not bad but I feel maybe something like PHUL would be good since it has lots of accesories

Weekly volume and variation in rep range and intensity throughout the week influence hypertrophy more than if you stay in a low or high rep range all the time.

I did stronglifts when I started, with dips and pull-ups added. I was bored as hell and felt like I was doing nothing for my first month, but for some reason I stuck with it.

I printed a chart of my scheduled lifts and just kept at it, getting addicted to the numerical improvements day by day week by week.

6 months later I would hear comments about my body all the time. After being fat my whole life, and then a skinny twink because I was afraid to get fat again, to actual fucking compliments get great.

This shit takes time and the gains really start to kick in when your lifts are all 200 lbs+

Yeah becaue novices even know what the fuck you just said, much less how to go about that. You fucking idiot, kill your self trip faggot

Nice lash out

There's a wealth of information at everybody's fingertips. They just need to find a reputable site, where they can learn, like reactivetrainingsystems.com, jtsstrength.com, or strongerbyscience.com. All have well thought out and researched articles by some very smart and very strong guys.

Don't get mad at me, but I unironically would advise to workout on 5x5 for like 1,5 to 3(if one can get away with it because very good genetics and don't get bored) years at most, people just get confused over 5x5 because they automatically relate it STRICTLY to the likes of SS/SL/ICF/GSLP, nah mang it is hypertrophy rep scheme, that can lead you to decent strength gains.
Personally not a great fan of PHAT/PHUL, sorry. But a full body 3-4x week 5x5 can do the same, specially because compounds won't lock the isolations/accessories options from your routine, you can and should do those WITH compounds, there are things compounds can't do properly specially for upper body. Also don't think you can keep it simple m88, varied exercise selection is very important(again don't mix 5x5 with routines mentioned in the last paragraph) specially for hypertrophy. If you think you wouldn't have the work capacity, just work up to it.

Having a shoulder day is one of the more autistic things floating around lately, wtf do you think you're using on chest day on 90 percent of your fucking exercises? Take a course is human anatomy you god damned knuckle draggers, just throw in shoulder exercises and work everything 2x a week. You only get 24-48 hrs of hypertrophy post workout, so why the fuck are you wasting half your week

It's a bit of a silly comparison.

A majority of the people considering SL or similar are beginners. Getting strong as fast as possible is more efficient even if you switch to another program for hypertrophy. If you're stronger you can lift more on your isolations too.

You really are a fucking idiot. No one wants to go to those shitty websites, especially a novice. Go gag on a foam roller thindick

just keep doing 3x5 without the rippetoe mindset of +4kcal and low upper body vol. dont forget it's pullup and curls that complement the compounds

Yellow - Best range
Purple - 2nd
Blue - 3rd
Green - Worst