/Crippling Alcoholism General/

How's your alcoholism, Veeky Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

pnas.org/content/109/40/E2657.abstract
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It’s gone. Thank god.

Only took fucking the fat chick at school after blacking out and a major deadline missed because of the 2 day hangover to do it. But it’s basically gone.
Now cig smoking and coffee on the other hand are now effecting my health because their use has reached unhealthily levels during finals. I’m at a pack a day and over 100oz of coffee. Send help.

Not crippling, but I'll go though a fifth of vodka the night I get through a beer. Don't believe in AA, don't care to count sobriety length bc I expect relapse. What happens with me is I become very optimistic and productive after I get to about .05, so I nurse a bottle for hours getting my shit cleaned and taken care of. The only issue is I can't fall asleep bc I get too much energy and there's still so much I have to do.

When I noticed I was drinking way too much I first stopped drinking hard liquor during the week, now I don't even drink beer during the week, only on the weekends. Still drink too much on Fridays and Saturdays, but also a lot less hard booze compared to some months ago. Get pretty paranoid and anxious during the week, my hands are often shaking a lot and my brain / memory is all kinds of fucked up from the alcohol abuse in the past though. Have great trouble putting a coherent sentence together in conversation. Also sweat like crazy whenever it gets a bit warm, like water pouring down my head and making a puddle bad.

I stopped drinking, too late I'm afraid.

Now I don't go out for drinks, when I do I just keep on drinking and get PAWS for up to two weeks.

Fasting has helped me with getting rid of the pain from where my liver should be.

is it really alcoholism if I was in uni?

I miss it sometimes, which is fucked up. It was fun until it wasn't, and then I stopped. I also got fat as fuck from drinking so much every day and my lifts went to shit (was lifting less than a year at that point, RIP noob gains)

Holding off to get through finals, but I will let myself relapse once the semester is over. Should be fucking great!

15 days sober this time around. I didn't really think I was a legit alcho but I actually had withdrawl symptoms for 4 days.

I've been sober for over two years. I don't miss alcohol at all. I miss weed wayyyyy more

alcohol is so unfun and unhelpful compared to weed (which is also ultimately detrimental)

I drink socially with friends, but like, working professional friends, so we never get lit up. The most I'll go through is a six.

I don't even get space-high anymore.

Working on keeping a routine and pursuing arts has helped a lot

>100 liquid burgerunits
>fucking 2.93 liters of coffee a day

Shit nigger what are you doing

>drinking alcohol
>lower your T to levels lower than soyboys

Never gonna make it

the hangovers became much much worst since I turned 35 so Im done with alcohol

Kicked it 3 years ago, never been happier. Shit is expensive and destroys all gains.

>pack a day
If you don't stop now itll be 5 packs a day, then 7, then 10..

Stop before it's to late you retard, or at least just vape or get nicotine patches

Also just drink coffee when you NEED it, or else you'll always be tired and wanting it

I dont drink at all but vape weed like a hippy all day. Works fine for me for 20years now. Was never healthier than now

11 weeks sober or something. Haven't thought about it lately as "recovery" has stalled. Not having cravings as such but generally often being pissed, wanting to get pissed, some cognac on an empty stomach for maximum warmth. I also miss the feeling of curing withdrawal which is a rather obvious sign of severe addiction. Well I don't think it's addiction as such right now, more like repeated behavior patterns.

But, sleeping well, exercising and saving money is so good right now that I won't test my reaction i.e. whether I would instantly go on a binge, chances are that I might. I'm probably never going to be able to drink in moderation. I wish I had other drugs but they're expensive and in my line of work you can't afford to have a criminal record.

I’ll cut back when finals are over.

On day 2ish (not counting, last drink on Sunday)

Was just wine this time, so the depression is not as strong as with Scotch, but fuck me it's still there.

It's shit without alcohol, but even shittier with it.

j jerry?

Been off the juice and party favors 18 months now. It's overall better although boring at times. Still beats legal trouble, financial trouble, and relationship problems tho.

I quit drinking. I did it on my own. Ended up needing to go to the hospital because of atrial fibrilation developing. Docs said it was because of the withdrawal. Took some chlordiazepoxide for 3 days after and didn't have a problem. I haven't drank since. It's been 51 days. Best thing I ever did.

I haven’t had a drink in a week. The first night I sweat a fuck ton and made my bed sheets smell like mildew. The next few nights I couldn’t sleep at all but now I feel fine.

5 years since I had a drink, you can make it to user one day at a time, also 7 years since my last cig

Alcohol is one of the few substances that can actually kill you if you quit cold turkey. If any of you have been drinking heavily for a while and want to quit, see your doctor or at least taper down the amount

>at least taper down the amount
I actually was, that's what surprised me. I drank a 12 pack the night before. So I drank 10 that night. Woke up in afib.

After this 2 day hangover I'm officially done with alcohol. Probably puked my gains away from the last 6 months.

>atrial fibrilation
Damn bro, good on you for quitting. Don't start back. Alcohol is insidious.

Yeah that's the beginning of DTs. Don't go back user, it gets worse every time you relapse.

It's been a work in progress all year but Ive removed drinking beer in the middle of the week which was incredibly difficult. Ive had at least 2 beers (usually more) a day every day for about 4 years. Relapsed on the holidays but I saw that coming a mile away. Now I'm back at it and on day 2 of not having weed as a crutch.
One thing I noticed is that my face gets really really flushed at night now. It looks like the rubella butterfly rash. Anyone have a guess at the cause? (Ive had my MMR vaccine)?

1 bottle wine per night,
it costs 2 eur so not really breaking the bank,

been doing it for 2 years now, i'm still ripped, 6 pack and strong, 2pl8 bench.

i feel like shit in the morning and crash sometimes, i compensate with 400-600mg caffeine per day.

Am i gonna die? I'm pretty sure i cant stop.

i've tapered down to 1 drink per day. maybe 2-3 drinks on the weekends.

once in a while on a cheat day i'll indulge and get plastered but other than that i think i'm alright.

Quit cold turkey 4 or 5 months ago. Had the shakes really bad and couldn't sleep for like a month but i feel more normal now. Started getting a more normal sober range of motion as well

Used to be fucking awful. Ex fiancé left me and took my baby daughter with her (this was BEFORE I started drinking) and I ended up trying to fill the void with partying. Over time it got to the point where I'd drink a 750ml bottle of spirits, or 8-10 cans of "Karpackies super" (9% 500ml can for £1, available at a polish shop near you!) every night. My family has a serious history of psychosis/schizophrenia down the male side, and it really reared it's head in my behaviour. My housemates told me about how I came in one night covered in blood, then grabbed my chef's knife from the kitchen and chased he guy that I'd been in a fight with outside our front door (lived next to a pub) while waving the knife above my head and screaming how I was gonna "slice him into fucking meat". Another time I went for about two weeks convinced that my housemates were trying to kill me, barricaded my door and refused to leave my room other than to get booze and takeaways. Ended up stopping outright after I had three hospital visits in one month and my behaviour got too unpredictable. Haven't had a single drink since, and haven't had any psychotic symptoms or neuroticism/anxiety since I gave up alcohol. This was all a long time ago now.

I knew I hit rock bottom when i was buying the $9 vodka that comes in a plastic jug and the clerk at the liquor store stopped asking me for id because he recognized me.

That was a couple years ago, I still have a relapse about once every two months or so but I'm doing better than I was 2 years ago when I was drinking til I passed out every day.

I’m trying not to.

Im 93 days without a drink and feeling great. I chart my progress on a calendar. I went cold turkey and havent had any cravings

Reading all of this put some things into perspective for me, I have like 8 (3.5%) beers every other Friday and I thought I had a problem.

Pretty good, drink a glass of wine every 1-2 months.

>alcohol

fortunately cured, barely drink now, but get tipsy with 2 beers

Same, I like to have a 6 pack Friday and Saturday night plus a little more sometimes and I thought it was an issue

>gloryfing the most retarded drug abuse
Not gonna make it.

For me the hangovers got worse when I got older too. Went from just pain to pain and motion sickness. I still drink sometimes occassionally but not nearly as much as I used to.

This. I've had so much coffee the past week I'm starting to go from actually enjoying it to not even really liking it.

>braindead stoners
pnas.org/content/109/40/E2657.abstract
>Persistent cannabis use was associated with neuropsychological decline broadly across domains of functioning, even after controlling for years of education. Informants also reported noticing more cognitive problems for persistent cannabis users. Impairment was concentrated among adolescent-onset cannabis users, with more persistent use associated with greater decline. Further, cessation of cannabis use did not fully restore neuropsychological functioning among adolescent-onset cannabis users. Findings are suggestive of a neurotoxic effect of cannabis on the adolescent brain
Literally lowers IQ.

Just stick to the same drink, don't mix, i found just drinking 15 pints of the same larger or cider ED helped my hangovers.

On my first cycle so been sober for 12 days now, at 34yr old it's probably the first time i've missed a week of boozing since 17 yr old.

Instead of drinking a shitton of caffeine, why not get your hands on some different stimulants for your studying needs like adderall?

no kidding, it isn't called dope for nothing. it's okay occasionally but the skunk these days is just too strong.

>3.5 half weeks sober
Havent even had beer, im gonno make it. Before it was every free day I had, I drank. Luckily i wasnt stupid enough to let it interfere with my job, but still had no fucking energy during the day and when added up, it cost me a ton. Weekends are the hardest now, I still go out to hang with friends but its hard as shit when you try to be sober, just started going everywhere by car, so I literally can't drink, since drinking and driving is a huge no no for me.
Now only need to get rid of smoking, got 1 cigarette left and shops are closed for today, hoping this is going to be my last.

I wanted to quit drinking at the beginning of August when I felt like I am getting a heart attack. Worked out for about 6 weeks, then I started again. Now I am at 1-2 bottles of booze per week. It's shit but that is how it is. Who wants to get old anyway?

>did some incline, squats, chin-ups, dips and calves
>drank a protein shake, had a sandwich with chips and a pickle, ate an edible
>smoking and an e cig right now
>might have some whiskey an egg nog and sip on a beer

negro I’m chilling

>eggnog
muh nigga. I love this time of the year. I put up all the christmas lights and garlands and everything, and I'm full on comfy mode sipping my whisky-spiked eggnog.

I'll probably have to make another batch in a week or so.

Those are consequences of persistent adolescent use.

It's fine for adults user.

I don't drink alcohol at all

>user gets addicted to one of the weakest stimulants in existence
>Why not try kid speed user?

Checks out