Redpill me on protein bars

redpill me on protein bars

Waste of money. Eat a diet full of whole foods and you'll get sufficient protein.

Just eat a PB&J for a tiny fraction of the price dood

it's convenient, but overpriced and typically not particularly healthy or nutritious. if you want protein supplementation then use protein powder.

I mean, you can certainly make a case that getting all your protein from regular food is a little too much effort, and that a protein shake is a pretty good compromise. But there's no excuse for being so lazy that you can'ẗ even make a protein shake and need to eat a protein bar instead.

I buy a box of 21 Pure Protein Bars from Costco for 18 bucks. Lasts me about a month. So less than a dollar a bar. 200 calories and 20 grams of protein. Acts as a 'treat' as they're pretty close to a candy bar in texture and taste.

But I wouldnt spend any more or go much farther into the protein bar world than that.

Too many fucking sugars and very pricey at that. You're much better off eating oats and bread.

Pure Protein and Quest are the only really good brands I've seen that aren't loaded with sugar and provide quality carbs along with protein. Still you're better off skipping them unless cutting. I use them to hit my protein macro while cutting.

Pretty much all of the protein bars I`ve seen contain "protein blend" and they like to put soy protein and beef collagen in that "blend" so watch out for that.
Doesnt make sense to pay shitload for absolutely trash tier protons.

Again Pure Protein and Quest are the two I've seen to use a Casein Whey Milk blend I think so if you're going to buy bars I reccomend those two brands. Quest is fucking pricy though.

This. It is almost impossible to not get enough protein on a healthy diet.

Its convenient when you have to get some protein in but dont want to eat a large quantity of food.
Pic related is only 60 g and contains 24g of protein.

I eat a couple of bars when i'm on the road and don't want to stop for food every 3 hours, otherwise i'd just go for a shake or food.

My understanding is that a lot of these protein bars have a bunch of high gi carbs, which isn't so great to take during the day because of the sugar crash and possibly other reasons associated with insulin.

You are fucking retarded.

>stevia

Over priced and not even very good macros. Waaaaaaay too much sugar. They should be only used as an emergency back up.
They exist as a meme for retards trying to "tone up" so they can feel good about eating what equates to a protien covered Snickers bar.

How much protein do you need?

Waste of money

Quest Bar
>14g Fiber
>21g Protein
< 1g Sugar

Quest Bars are the ultimate pill. Except they are kinda pricey but whatever, worth it. They taste like rubber and oatmeal though

are protein covered snickers bars okay though?

The protein/calorie ratio is rarely better than milk. The taste is rarely better than chalk. The price is rarely worth the grams.

i have the same but they are hard and chewy so not going to buy them next time

Holy shit, didn't even know these existed.

Some of them are yummy, most of them aren't, and generally speaking they just don't make sense for the price.

have any of you ever made your own brotein bars?

1g per pound of body wieght

I jizzed on a kit kat and ate it, does this count?

Protein bars are candy bars with added protein. Eating protein bars for protein is like drinking soda for water. The older I’ve gotten the longer I’ve been lifting I realize that the “eat real food” meme is true.

This, the cookie dough flavor is especially bad. I wish they were easier to chew too

Having them with a glass of milk in between bites makes them taste better

Pure protein is soy protein that's why there cheap

In terms of cost per gram of protein, they're terrible. You're paying extra for the convenience of a small, packaged thing you can throw in a backpack or whatever that you don't have to spend any time preparing.