Also you should have hit that

>Sitting in cafe
>Look up briefly
>Girl makes brief eye contact then looks away, blushes
>Only imagined married life with her for 3 days

Is swimming worth it?

That’s creepy as fuck

Yeah swimming is fun cardio

I'm struggling to make time for gym... this is a real fucking problem that I need to resolve by new year.

Working 6 days a week, studying for a degree pat time and there's always something getting in my way like driving lessons or today for example I had to go to the laundarette which took a disgusting 4 hours in total.

How do I juggle all this as well as making time to cook, internet and chase girls?

> chase girls
You gotta sacrifice something dude, I recommend this

Been lifting for 2 months, getting real close to hitting symmetric strength's standards for intermediate on OHP and diddly. Bench is lagging hard because my left elbow is fucked though, been trying to find other ways to train chest.

Does anyone have any tips for open water swiming, specifically in the ocean

I would be getting a wetsuit as the water is around 9-12 C atm droping to around 6-4C in Jan.

This, the fitter you get, the easier the chase. Aside from that, all you need is at least 45 minutes of lifting a day. getting your own equipment and not having to deal with a gym saves a ton of time, but that's not usually an option for alot of people .

Ay the very just do body weight until your schedule clears up

I've been lifting for not too long, and I'm progressing very good, however I am having trouble incorporating exercises to fix anterior pelvic tilt, like how many sets and reps, and how often in a week.

Hurt shoulder on bench yesterday and now gotta do ohp today. Is it worth the risk?

does your shoulder hurt?

if yes - take a break
if no - stop bitching and lift

Huh that makes sense

Reverse crunches and lunges. Pause on the quad dominant exercises.

How do i activate my lats during the pull up?
Im unsure if you are supposed to retract the scapula like in the bench, or just push them to eachother, and not down and back?
Anyone has a video or pictures?

always down and back together.
Bar to chest, elbows should move so that you close your pits.

It's like on the bench.

>be noob, liftan for 3 months
>finally broke 200 lbs on the chest press

We're a-all gonna make it

>benching 22kg+bar
>didn't drop barbell

lean backwards and bar to chest is easiest cue

You guys are all progressing quite quickly I barely was able to ohp the bar yesterday

buy a pullup bar and a small barbell with some weights, do curls, skull crushers, shoulder press, pullups and floor press, it will help you untill you find time for the gym

going to the gym for the second time in 3 days :)

Started lifting a little over a year ago. For the first 10 months I only managed to get a bench of 150 for my ORM despite going to the gym 4 days a week. Got an internship and said fuck it I'm going hard on my diet and going 5 days every week.

Holy shit I've never seen results like this. Over the past 3 months my bench has gone from 150 to 200, my OHP from 75 to 120, squat 135 to 225, and DL 140 to 275. I've been skinny and weak my whole life and I finally feel strong for once. Gonna keep it up and hopefully hit 1/2/3/4 soon.

my forearms hurt like fuck when doing barbell curls, reckon i have cerebral pasty

>>finally broke 200 lbs on the chest press
what's that? are you talking about a machine?

What were you even doing to have lifts so low after a year of lifting? Like did you just not put in the effort? Not eat enough protein? Trying mot to make the same mistake.

Even with the easy bar?

Last week i failed a rep of ohp badly, my left shoulder made a dry snap Sound and it has been hurting since then... any1 have any advice for how i Can make the pain go away?

Yeah that's an injury, fuckwit. Go see a doctor you might even need surgery

yeah, they dont hurt during it just when i put it down or afterwards

Exactly what happened to me with my slap tear, your shit is snapped up forever my guy

Been using Nsuns 5/3/1 variant routine wth the phone app and love it. Literally nothing but progress , after I'd stalled at 200 bench max. I'm up to a comfortable 225 with no sign of stalling

Pic related, my second month

Don't do barbell curls, do dumbbell curls. (It made my pains go away)

People find a comfortable weight level and just plateau there expecting to progress, you’ve gotta an hero on those weights every day to improve.

How do you program accessories?

How the fuck do people bench 2plates second month
I've been lifting for 2 months too and I finally benched 1pl8 and im thinking about deloading since my ROM felt bad

>Practically shit myself looking a feet ahead on the ground while squatting
>Demolish it looking myself in the eyes in the mirror
Who wudda thunk head positions where this important?

>How the fuck do people bench 2plates second month
This so much... I've been lifting for a year, and only yesterday I hit 180lbs for reps. Btw, I'm not short or anything, being 6'4 205lbs and stronger than my friends (normies, not athletes nor outcasts either).

I track those separately, you can put them in the app but it's a pain in the ass, or im doing something wrong.

I'd been lifting a while before, but like I said was stalling out bad, then started this routine, with 2 accessories each workout. It's a ton of calculations and percentage checking, but the app does all that.

roids + they have been lifting before going on a program

Theres no chance i might have just sprained my shoulder?

Veeky Forums dont swim outside
do you not have a local pool?

people don't bench 2pl8 after 2months from never lifting, like ever, unless they are a genetic freak in strength. The chances are they either lied (most likely), do sports from young age, or lifted for a period before.

i.e technically i began lifting for 2 months and I recently just hit repping 195 for bench with 2pl8 as my max bench. However, i have lifted for 6 months 2 years ago in my senior year in high school and with bad form/diet/sleep, I quit due to plateauing on my lifts such as bench where I stopped at 145 for reps and 155 1rm.

This is not to say he's lying for hitting 2pl8 in 2 months but very unlikely so don't put yourself down for not matching his progress. On a positive note, any average male can bench 3pl8s with a few years of consistent hard work, trust me.

this is a possibility but i think majority of Veeky Forums is natty

>could always bench 2pl8 for reps
>weighted pull-ups, weighted dips, etc.
>just deadlifted this past week for first time
I thought I had good form with 1pl8, moved up to not even 2 plates, but 45 + 35, and my form started to break. How fast is progression supposed to be? What's a normal deadlift for a 6'1" 185 lb. man?

we all start somewhere user :)

I know I'm over reaching here but if you don't mind sharing some statistics about yourself I can help you progress a little bit faster.

I started benching the bar, couldn't do a single pull-up nor a dip, but my dl started >1.5pl8.

I guess progression will depend very much on your proportions and your willingness to progress on the lift. For me, it's 2-4kg per week on deadlift, 1-2kg every 1-2 week on bench...

Don't you niglets read? I clarified i had been lifting before nsuns

You need to sleep and sit right. In weeks you’ll be fine

>Start of third month lifting
>120kg squat
Heavy squats are better than sex

I'm in a similar situation.
I'm thinking of switching to an Upper/Lower split so I'm only going to the gym 4 times a week as opposed to 5. Might be something to consider

Took me 4 months of serious lifting to hit 205 on bench for 2 reps. To increase bench you need to lower the rep and set range to either 3x3 or 3x5 and make sure your form is good. Even when unracking the power people fuck up, you lose energy from pushing the bar up while unracking. Been training altogether for a year now

For at least the next three or four months I won't have a job for reasons, so I can't pay membership for swimming or gym.

Is there any kind of routine I can do to tone my body? I'm wary of HIIT because the internet say it's good for toning and losing fat, but user said that it's only good for the latter.

>and make sure your form is good
Yeah, I think that's what is holding me from improving my bench. I'm 6'4 living in a country where the avg male height is 5'8. So the bench is made for someone about that tall. When I try to get in proper position, my butt sits out of the bench. In order to fit in, my eyes go past behind the rack, and I start the movement with the inclined arms ~15º past what would be perpendicular. Sucks.

I forgot to mention the obvious, I mean if there's a way to tone without using weights and stuff, because the sticky mentions them as a must.

Been lifting for 11 weeks and everything except OHP and Bench is intermediate on Symmetric Strength. I am deloading my bench next session but ATM I bench twice one week and once the next - is this likely a form issue?

I failed at 73.75kg bench, and I'm deloading to 65kg.

I've been wanting to start going to the gym for an entire year now and crippling depression and social anxiety have continuously stopped me. Every Monday I've looked at my calendar, looked up the gym's phone number, and immediately panicked. This week I finally managed to make an appointment for someone to show me around the gym. I'm so fucking terrified but also proud of finally getting over my anxiety. I know that it's still a long road ahead but at least I finally managed to start walking.

Eventually weights are a must, but nothing wrong with body weight workouts , even for advanced lifters on occasion. For beginners, and especially for a couple months worth, body exercises do a ton for endurance and flexibility . And even a certain level of size and tone.

If you can, at least get a pullup/chin up bar for arms and back. Use chairs for dips. Do pushups , one legged squats, handstand push ups against a wall for shoulders, etc. Plenty to build you up till you can get some weights .

that virgin has too defined of a jaw line. Looks too good to be a virgin.