Cigarettes

I need some help, Veeky Forums.

I just cannot seem to stop smoking cigarettes, so I need some motivation from you guys. I'm 23 and I started smoking way before I started lifting and I gotta say trying to quit is the hardest thing I've ever done. I need some motivation.

Pics, stats, data, stories, anything to help me stop. Please.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ECTeHDD_RrM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

lol you're a pussy mate, never gonna make it

Allen Carr's How to Quit Smoking. Read it.

Just stop buying cigarettes m8, if you don't have cigarettes you can't smoke them. Also try vaping, really helped me quit

I don't care how much you THINK you love blowing smoke out of your piehole, but what you're essentially doing is giving away your hard earned money to companies that couldnt give less of a fuck if you get bedridden with cancer and all the nasty shit you can get from them. You have one body, one life, and you throw it away on indisputedly the worst legal drug available that has both short and long term effects. Think very well what you desire in this shitty life, because one day all the smoking WILL catch up to you and you'll wish death over living like that.

Yes. You smoke your next cigarette because you smoked your last cigarette. It's like loosening and tightening a shoelace all day.

The nicotine gets out of your system every night while you sleep. You're not on the drug 24/7 like a heroin or caffeine addict. Wake up one morning, do a different routine, and never smoke again.

LMFAO @ gainkiller meme

I'm gaining more now as a medium smoker (and drinker) than when i was almost a fuckin' straightedge

Second this. I read it. I stopped, it was easy, just do it OP. READ THE FUCKING BOOK

You stopped smoking even once before?

Slow way: re-anchor your smoking triggers with other activities until you fully stop one by one. An example of a trigger - you've just finished eating, you'd usually start smoking here, but instead change this to doing something like going to go eat an apple; this is an easy one. Hard ones are the ones where other people tie into, like at work and at bars - where you would usually go talk outside with other smokers and now you either don't want to or you are worried that you might loose "friends".
Fast way: stop cold turkey. Have your last sig and stop. Savoir that last one, because it will haunt you for the whole of next month, every time you walk past people having a cig, or try and convince yourself to go get just a pack, just a small pack, maybe just for the weekend and Monday you'll stop - you will fail if you do not stick with the plan to not smoke.
Don't vape, that will hook you in on chain smoking, your body has to process extra chemicals (PG & VG), and you will waste money on stupid shit like batteries, tanks, different versions of shit to hold the batteries and tanks, etc.
You will also gain lung gains, amazing lung gains, so amazing that when you squat, you feel life filling you every time you brace your core.
youtube.com/watch?v=ECTeHDD_RrM

I was very addicted to chew since starting at 12. Failed quitting multiple times doing some sort of 'plan' until one day just made conscious decision to never do it again and haven't since. get past a couple days, then weeks, then its not on your mind anymore

Get the Juul bro

Vaping. with nictonine

throw away the ciggarettes you have now and never buy anymore. There you quit smoking

Smoking isn't bad for you. The medical world has been shilling that smoking has been the cause of lung cancer for many years to shy from real causes that can actually be linked to lung cancer like exposure to radiation. Lungs are roughly 90% water and people who complain about smoking are yes, you might have guessed, soyboys.

this, literally use the safer alternative with the same cognitive effects
if you believe this, keep it up, do the gene pool a favor
there are a lot of things we're llied to about but this isnt one

Show me proof that tobacco smoking is the cause of the so-called millions of deaths per year. I want irrefutable proof where tobacco smoking can be linked DIRECTLY to the supposed illnesses that it causes.

I finally was able to quit, along with nofap helped.

Basically I did this

No smoke for 2 weeks, then started nofap (which was harder to quit) for 2 weeks, then i started a week fast (which was the hardest). Basically I was able to make quitting smoking a lot easier because I challenge my discipline level higher and higher. Essentially making the quit smoking easy relative to quit eating per say.

I don't get what the big deal is

I smoke a cig whenever I crave it, usually about once or twice a week. If I'm drunk I like to smoke. Sometimes I don't wanna buy a whole pack just to sate a craving so I don't.

What is withdrawal supposed to feel like? Am I immune to addiction? I come from a family of alcoholics and I don't even care for alcohol

This shit genuinely worries me cause I already feel nothing for my family and what few friends I have. A family member died and I felt nothing. NOTHING. People looked at me with disdain at the funeral

what the fuck is wrong with me?

>Show me proof that tobacco smoking is the cause of the so-called millions of deaths per year.
no
> I want irrefutable proof where tobacco smoking can be linked DIRECTLY to the supposed illnesses that it causes.
don't care

then stop trying to push bullshit you've been told is undeniable truth yet have no understanding of your own with which to back up said proof.

Quitting smoking is easy. Smoking is actually a gross and unenjoyable act. You have to first realize that you're only doing it to satisfy your addiction and then you simply stop smoking them. It'll suck at first when you start dreaming about it, and you'll be cranky, but after you hit the 6 month milestone you'll be good, and after a year you'll be fine

The most important thing is to truly 100% actually hate smoking with the entirety of your being. You have to hate the tobacco industry you have to hate what tobacco does to you you have to hate the smell the taste the act of being addicted and slowly killing yourself. If any part of you says "eh it's not that bad, fuck it" or "I actually do enjoy smoking" you're lying to yourself and you'll continue smoking

What's wrong with you? You're either a shill or someone so uncomfortable with their addiction they've created a conspiracy to justify their drug.

If you want proof go search the internet. There are plenty of studies linking tobacco use to cancer

there are more studies linking radiation exposure to lung cancer than smoking

also, you sound like a fucking faggot dude.

There's no scientific study showing that sucking a couple BBCs a day makes you gay, but you should probably stop doing that, too.

That's what's called a straw man. We're not talking about radiation here, we're talking about tobacco. Tobacco is bad for you and so is radiation.
You've even admitted there are studies linking tobacco to cancer, and guess what, there are more radiation studies because it affects everyone, not just the retards (myself included) that ever use tobacco.

It depends on how hooked you are. I smoked my first cigarette when I was 7, and in 6th grade I started smoking. I've been struggling to quit for the last four years, out of which I was smoke free for roughly two years. I'm 23 now. It's rough man, seems like after years of smoking pack a day your neural networks have hard time reorganizing.

but sucking BBC everyday does make you a faggot user. Still, if you're going to bash tobacco smoking you should at least have some source of information that proves smoking is as terrible as it has been hyped up to be in the past 30 years or so, and even more so in recent times. If you can't do that, then you're probably one of those fags who complains about the smell of tobacco and fake coughs when passing a smoker because they've been brainwashed to hate it.

>The nicotine gets out of your system every night while you sleep. You're not on the drug 24/7 like a heroin or caffeine addict
>not on the drug 24/7 like a heroin or caffeine addict

Bruh do you even chemistry

Where did I admit that there are studies linking tobacco to cancer? If you can find some that are worth a read, please I'd love to see them. Call it conspiracy, but it is rather interesting how tobacco started receiving all of the blame for lung cancer shortly after the end of the cold war, when since then, thousands of nuclear arms test launches have happened across the globe.

What's wrong man, is my logic and fact based discussion making you upset?
You don't know what else to do so you resort to name calling?

This is the mind of someone in the clutches of addiction. To anyone trying to quit, know this user is the part of you that's trying to keep you down. You're better than that, you can quit smoking too.

There goes that voice in your head saying it's not so bad, have another cigarette. Don't listen to your internal shill, the tobacco industry knows it's never just one more cigarette.

Enjoy your cancer retard.

By saying there more studies linking radiation to cancer than smoking you're admitting that there are studies showing smoking causes cancer.

Unless that wasn't you that made the previous post, but I find it hard to believe there are two absolute full on retarded shitposters in this thread

27 year old friend of mine got lung cancer from smoking.

He's alive, but he lost a lung. Worst part is he wasted away. He's alive and got better, but it destroyed him. His gains melted off him, not in the way that can be muscle memoried back. His muscles straight wasted to barely anything. Not only that, but being down a lung makes it a million times harder.

If that doesn't motivate you, then nothing will. Quick while you can.

I said you sound like a faggot specifically because of this:
>The most important thing is to truly 100% actually hate smoking with the entirety of your being. You have to hate the tobacco industry you have to hate what tobacco does to you you have to hate the smell the taste the act of being addicted and slowly killing yourself. If any part of you says "eh it's not that bad, fuck it" or "I actually do enjoy smoking" you're lying to yourself and you'll continue smoking
It just sounds faggy bro. Who are you trying to save? You just sounds kind of like a softy, you know that right?

This is the mind of someone who believes he is superior because he doesn't do something that others enjoy. It's cool if you don't smoke, but you're just repeating fear propaganda to the millions who enjoy smoking and find no problem with it.

You still have yet to show me direct links between lung cancer and smoking. The burden of proof is on you. Meanwhile, there are DIRECT causal links between radiation exposure and lung cancer.

>a bullshit story

>being this buttmad about your addiction
user I...

>you're just repeating fear propaganda to the millions who enjoy smoking and find no problem with it.
Should I compare this point, this analogy you've made, should I compare it to some other action that people enjoy and "find no problem with?" If I make this comparison with another action, will you recognize the perspective others have [spoiler]and realized[/spoiler] about the use of inhaling smoked tobacco?

Should I ask questions about the product itself? Things like:
Why are their different types of cigarettes beyond price?
Why is there a "filter" on the end?
How does it compare to cigars?
How does it compare to tobacco that is not ingested via combustion?
Does the tobacco industry itself promulgate the "fear propaganda" or not?
etc.

These can be rhetorical questions as long as you promise to think of an answer for yourself to them. I'd encourage you to write down your answers and re-read them to yourself as well. Compare it with a friend, or here online, or with a physician.

Hey OP, have you considered taking a psychedelic mushroom trip to try and quit?

I'm being serious. There's tons of people who did a shroom trip and they realized that they just didn't need the cigarettes to live, that they were a literal poison to their body.

worth a shot IMO. The worst that happens is you laugh your ass off with good friends.

I don't really understand where you're getting at with what you just said there. I'm saying that smoking isn't as bad as it's hyped up to be and faggots like you get so emotional and dramatic about it, riding the hype train and start yammering about how everyone should quit, you often sound paranoid and this annoys me. Now what the fuck you were saying with all those rhetorical questions I don't understand.

Understanding it or not, did you attempt to answer the questions asked? Try answering them! For someone who is claiming "faggots" are riding some hype train of lies or exaggerated factual knowledge, there seems to be the implication you yourself contain what you believe is the truth! Answer those previous questions with your truthful knowledge!

Tangentially,
> I'm saying that smoking isn't as bad as it's hyped up to be
>I'm saying that smoking isn't as bad
>as bad
>I'm
You are admitting "bad" is a word that even you acknowledge describes smoking. As it personally relates to you.

I will also be completely unsurprised if you only remark about the tangential point instead of fulfill the initial request.

Chantix. It takes all the pleasure out of smoking.

23 years old here, been smoking since I turned 18, quit once before and am quitting once again.

I think the most important part is to occupy yourself in multiple ways. Orally with gum or toothpicks, pleasurably with lifting, food, or sex. Just inundate yourself with better things and keep your hands busy. I am on my fourth hour without a cigarette for perhaps the second time in 2 years, sweating bullets, really antsy, but feeling strong.

After I get off work in a couple hours I'm going to go buy some aroma and light therapy, bring home a fuckton of good sushi, listen to something chill like Boards of Canada, and do slow bodyweight exercises in a low-lit room.

Stay calm and stay strong, the first three days are BY FAR the hardest part of getting out of this hell.

>the tobacco addict doing mental gymnastics to defend his addiction ITT
Brehs it smells like shit, makes you smell gross, weakens your cardio and breathing, stains your teeth, creates ashy litter, and is just a pretty weak drug for what you're paying for.
Didn't even have to bring up cancer risk as a negative

Addiction isn't real user, it's the weak willed vs the strong willed. Be strong willed, stop thinking that leafs and chemicals rolled into paper can control you.

For most drugs I would argue this. Alcohol is a major exception. If you're a severe alcoholic, you need to wean yourself off of it

I see. I wish you the best of like bro.

>Hit the sauna
>Do some light cardio
>read a book

That's the best advice I could give ya

we're gonna make it bro

quit being a pussy. lack of self control is degeneracy. not gonna make it like that, bro.

Throw away all your paraphernalia.
Don't do the things that trigger you smoking...coffee, alchohol
Buy a shit ton of extra gum... something with a strong flavor like polar ice...get something to munch on...I used baby carrots

Don't hang out with smokers when they are smoking..they will always try to pull you back it..and play it off like it's harmless... it's not...they need to validate their smoking..just walk away and don't give them the chance