Pre-workout

how do you guys prepare for the gym?

im about to eat 4 eggs, a bowl of oats, wait 30 mins, drink some coffee, and head to the gym

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5FNCfPT9B10
youtube.com/watch?v=HtY7Szd7WO4
youtu.be/AGK1dr-Ql0w
youtube.com/watch?v=JUTKTk60aGk
youtube.com/watch?v=TvGPAVTYfXI
youtube.com/watch?v=lxgelwqe8-E
youtube.com/watch?v=6ME0NUwUGrQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'd wait an hour after eating that

I eat 30 eggs, drink a bowl of oats, wait 4 mins, eat some coffee, and teleport to the gym

3 bananas and homemade preworkout. Foam roll/stretch/mobility drills for 40 minutes then leave

i might, it usually does take longer than i anticipate to actually get up and go, but i wanted to get a quick start today

whats your homemade preworkout consist of? right now ive got some betaine and beta-alanine i usually forget to take. and fuck thats a lot of stretching, i always neglect stretching

That's not funny and you're not helping.

[spoiler] I laughed [/spoiler]

I know it's shit but the caffeine gives me just enough power and I enjoy the beta alanin tingle.

Fill the gym bag with my post set shallots and down my onion favour whey protein with creatine

Don't be ashamed bro. My new container just came in. It's time to get pumped.

>knowingly buying and consuming shit
how arrogant!

i just bought a fat bag of oats & i have 200mg caffeine pills

I only ate 1 pack of oreos and a glass of chocolate milk before hitting gym today. Normally I would drink a 3 scoops protein shake but today I couldn't because not enough time and it tastes awful. In fact if I force-eat something it makes me stressed and takes mental energy away which makes working out a lot harder

>used to love the parasthesia from preworkouts
>buy beta-alanine
>it by itself is pretty uncomfortable

not bad, i love coffee though, so i just drink that instead of pills. its also got some other benefits

nigga idk wtf you think your doing, but your diet/eating schedule sounds fucking awful. you want a little protein and complex carbs before a workout, then a lot of protein and some carbs after. 3 scoops is a lot, especially right before a workout, try not to rely on powder for your protein intake

i don't eat or drink anything, just roll out of bed, run a brush through my hair and mouth, then leave.

I eat a normal meal (chicken, rice, veg for example) about 1.5h before workout.

2 donuts and a cup of green tea about 15 min before workout. Have a shit, hit the weights. Been doing this for years, works well.

half a can of sip and bowl of oatmeal

>3 scoops is a lot

whatever it takes, babe

>try not to rely on powder for your protein intake
milk proteins are high biologic value. With a 3 scoops shake I get 72g, being my daily goal 178g, I get the most of the rest from meat, eggs, tuna, chicken breast,etc which are high value sources too. Call me a stomachlet but without protein powder it's really hard to get the daily amount.

thinking of an upgrade though. Can anyone recommend pic related?

How on earth do you only drink HALF?

I fap and eat my cum.

oh yeah, forgot to add i also take baking soda before working out if im not too full. buffers against the lactic acid, but it also buffers your stomach acid so itll slow digestion

Citruline malate, caffeine, beta alanine

It's more drills and dynamic stretching than just static 30 second holds. I can't squat depth without warning up a lot

wait a little bit user, that’s a good pre-workout meal, but your gut needs time to absorb those nutrient and legs is miserable with a full stomach. I do the same, 4-6 eggs, bannana, 2-4 pieces of toast, OJ, tea and then gym as soon as its done digesting. Im actually about to lift in two minutes, good luck today

you too, brah

Did anyone elses C4 turn solid, can I still drink it if I break it apart.

I just listen to this.
youtu.be/5FNCfPT9B10

it's because of the humidity in the air. Should still be fine.

I eat a banana and drink a glass of water before I go in

oats are disgusting

found the DYEL

>quick oats
>cinnamon
>honey

if you cant stomach that for the performance and health benefits then youre never gonna make it

>Foam roll/stretch/mobility drills for 40 minutes then leave
Are you an Oly lifter?

Can I just put the cinnamon and honey on rolled oats? or you're talking about cooked oatmeal?
I just want recipes for raw rolled oats, not boil them and keep them in the fridge like all the recipes I saw which is time consuming

>2 donuts
What the fuck is wrong with you?

quick oats is basically just pre-cooked steelcut, that is then dried and sold. at least thats my understanding of it. theres no way around rolled oats taking forever to cook, thats why i just go with quick oats. but yes, it is a good recipe for any oats you use

wait, you said raw oats. i have no idea how that would taste, raw oats themselves dont even sound edible

item: servings
oats: 2
PB: 1
boiled egg: 1
cinnamon: 1
creatine: 1
whole milk: 2
banana: 1
plus 16oz of water. after i pee, go to the gym (25m walk).

>2 donuts and a cup of green tea about 15 min before workout
>Been doing this for years, works well.
Do you follow a routine given by your gym's staff where you lift tiny weights?

does everything else cover the taste of the egg? i cant imagine the taste would compliment oats otherwise

you can eat the boiled eggs before or after as a side, the rest mixes well imo, but your mileage may vary.

Is there any benefit to eating before the gym? Does it help with muscle recovery at all? Or do you guys just like working out on a full stomach?

sips and 10g protein cashew/almond milk

>10g protein cashew/almond milk
do you use a certain brand or make it yourself? most shit like that i see is literally mostly water and has like 1-3g protein per cup

How many table spoons of oats?

30g seams like nothing

I use 3 full ice cream scoops

i use a proton scoop, so that's ~30 grams of rolled oats
i put two scoops into shakes and three scoops into oatmeal

its from the store and it has 10g per cup.

OVERNIGHT OATS BAYBEEEE
>half cup oatz
>half cup milk
>half cup greek yogurt
>pinch of raspberry jam
Put all that shit in a jar in the fridge overnight. Enjoy the GOAT breakfast.

protein scoop is huge? and what, protein powder of the same volume weighs the same as oats?

so that would be 1 scoop of protein scoop? that's not much oats! :(

1 protein scoop full of oats = 1 portion of oats?

that's very little oats!

nothing wrong with some simple carbs before workout. I eat sometimes chocolate right before I start and it boosts me well

just weigh how much your scoop can contain

I eat a bowl of oatmeal and take 2 scoops of preworkout.

HOW MUCH ACTUAL OATS DO YOU PUT IS IN YOUR BOWL OF OATMEAL FUCKHEAD

MUH BOAL OF OATMEAL CAN BE 1 SCOOP OR 3 SCOOPS

HOW MUCH DO YOU PUT?

HOW THE FUCK DO YOU MEASURE 30 GRAMS?

PROTEIN POWDER IS A DIFFERENT SUBSTANCE THAT OAT FLAKES, SO IT'S HARDLY THE SAME WEIGHT FOR THE SAME VOLUME OF SCOOP

this
I do mine with banana, yogurt, fruits, 1 spoon from granny's jam and 1/2 protons

i weighed the empty scoop and a scoop with oats, the difference came up to 30 grams
are you spastic?
3*30=90 grams

WHAT'S THE POINT OF SHITTY EXPENSIVE YOGURT YOU FAT FUCK WHEN THERE'S THE PROTEIN ISOLATE

I dunno I just fill up the bowl halfway. lol

w2c a BOWL for oatmeals?

Sounds good but I don't want to keep it in the fucking fridge

sips ain't cheap so i save the other half for the next day, might be a little flat but still gets the job done

~45g of oats
banana
1 scoop of protein isolate
1 sugar

t- 15 minutes

This nigga larping as vit physique?

no but i'm aiming for it and just eating healthy on a consistent basis

I make sure to eat something an hour or two prior

I only do treadmill though

I see everybody eating oats before their workout. But I eat oatmeal for breakfast, and I work out in the evening after I get home from work. What's a good oats substitute for my pre-workout? Eating oats twice a day doesn't seem like such a hot idea.

right after workout the same shake as before

2 hours later
chicken breast
whole grain nigger rice or buckwheat
beans or lentils (not too often)
salad

i dont think milk and yogurt would spoil overnight if left out unless they were already on the verge

this is what Veeky Forums doesnt understand. complex carbs break down into simple sugars, it just takes time so its slowly released and can fuel a workout. simple sugars get absorbed quickly so that if its right before a workout, it will be available to your body immediately. the biggest problem would be if you ate too much simple sugar beforehand and spiked your insulin, which would make you tired

EXPLOSIONS

I usually just drink some coffee and take beta-alanine pills by themselves.

eating oats twice a day certainly isnt a bad idea, but any complex carb would do. sweet potatos are complex as fuck

One of the songs I listen to from my workout playlist:
youtube.com/watch?v=HtY7Szd7WO4
>inb4 propane nightmares

This one's better
youtu.be/AGK1dr-Ql0w

youtube.com/watch?v=JUTKTk60aGk

youtube.com/watch?v=TvGPAVTYfXI

youtube.com/watch?v=lxgelwqe8-E

damn, i gotta check out some more mgla

youtube.com/watch?v=6ME0NUwUGrQ

Are clementines good before workout?

>clementines

What about all the fiber

buy a kitchen scale user

I eat pretty lightly before lifting. I'll have my protein shake an hour out with a banana, a couple glasses of water then drink a sip en route to gym.