Negative gym feels thread

negative gym feels thread
i'll start
>the squat rack isn't properly aligned parallel to the mirror
>any equipment isn't parallel to the mirror
>the only girl in eyesight finishes her set and leaves
>curlbro with terrible form swinging heavy weights getting mired more than your perfect form lower weights

STOP BEING A COMPLAINING PUSSY BITCH AND FOCUS ON YOUR LIFTS YOU FAGGOT
ITS A MINDSET

>powerlifting douche hogging the squat rack for 90 minutes and taking 10 minute breaks

>curlbros hogging all the gravity so i have to lift mass

When you need to use the dumbbells and as you approach the rack, you start smelling that one guy.

>powerlifting douche not even squatting in the squat rack
>powerlifting douche getting chalk literally everywhere

>teenage faggots leaving weights everywhere

>wow this feels like a great day to improve my bench
>some faggot walks within .00000001 inches of the bar while I'm lifting
>lose focus because I don't want to hit him, forced to put bar back
>rest of my sets are ruined

The mirrors are slightly misaligned.

>dude with massive upperbody and teenage girl's calves getting mired
>my above average upper body but superior calves catching no gril's eyes

why havent i just become gay, grils obviously have no eye for total body composition

>gym gets all new machines
>with low range of motion
>and shorter points of contact
>making me too tall to use most of them even at their largest setting
>fuck my life

at least you're not manlet :(

>hot gril approaches area where im lifting
>looking swole, good pump on
>heybaby.jpg
>she comes up alongside me
>she's taller than me

>the wind is blowing south instead of north

>using machines

The only thing I ever see in this pic are her old woman hands.

fuck her, stupid roastie would probably tell you not to bodyshame her for pointing out her tradesman/troll/grandpa hands

>negativity
just be positive bro, find the good in everything

it'll be better in the end like that

>not asking to work in

fuck this
or
>ask for spotter on bench
>one of those guys that touches the bar way too early
>instinctually start pushing the bar outward towards my feet to not let him touch it
>lift ruined

the squat rack thing pisses me off
every time i use it i first have to move it a bit why the fuck isn't that shit bolted down?

>using spotters in 2017
negomi

the squat rack at the gym i go to is so cocked off to one side that i'm positive it was set up that way, and it also is a rack for weights so if i wanted to fix it i would have to personally remove most of the weights on it
how does this happen?

>40 minutes ago
>guy asks to work in lat pull down machine
"sure"
>doesn't change weight at all
>using full body to pull it in a jerking motion
"hey, maybe you should lower the weight so you don't hurt yourself"
>"WHO'S WORKING OUT RIGHT NOW YOU OR ME?"
"Yea, chill buddy"
>"THAS RITE"
>half of the gym staring at this point
>two of his buddies come up and start talking about some party coming up this weekend and how there's totally gonna be some weed and shit so it's totally awesome
"If you're done, I'm gonna finish my sets"
>"dude, do you mind? I'm trying to get plans set up, stop tripping, gawd"
>walk off to do barbell rows instead

I'm pretty sure they were high schoolers, but their fagginess ruined the rest of my night.

The squat racks in my gym are set to convert to bench press etc, isnt this normal?

were you being racist?

sure, but if you have 5 actual benches for bench press and only 3 squat racks, benching in a squat rack is a dick move

>Calluses are uneven
It's fucking maddening

>racist against white people
But yea, no I didn't say anything derogatory to them.

>"hey, maybe you should lower the weight so you don't hurt yourself"
That really is none of your concern. His response was appropriate. Sorry, pal. You're the douche in this story

We only have two racks and a smith machine so I dont know. Im new to going to the gym but I did todays squat then benchpress then rows all at the same rack and since the place is pretty low traffic as far as I can tell the other rack was open the whole time. They were both set up for benching when I came in but after doing squats on one I switched it back to bench since that bar had a mark that made me more comfortable about my hand placement. I guess what Im saying is i dont know about gym etiquette, but it didnt feel out of place what I was doing

Thanks, Satan, I'll take your advice next time

if that's your situation, you're fine

the etiquette is mainly don't waste people's time. if you could be doing your exercise somewhere that doesn't occupy a piece of equipment necessary for another (important) exercise, you probably should do it there. if it's all you've got, finish your set and if they're rushed enough they will ask to work in

I see, Im worried about new years rush. Everyone so far has been super nice and even this dude I expected to be a dick asked if I was done with something nicely before moving to it. I expect the worst kind of people by the end of this month

i think one of the better lessons you learn from the gym is that most of the people you absolutely hate based on appearance alone turn out to be totally nice, understanding and decent people

if you gym is small i doubt there will be much of a new years rush, but there might be some. wait a month, most of them will wash out, and it will be back to normal

>New Years rush coming soon
>I'm still DYEL as fuck
>people are going to think I'm a New Year-er
oh no

>the gains goblins are on the loose and the staff won’t do anything about it

We are in this together, one thing ive noticed its there are regulars at the same time as me, so just keep going and they will recognize you
Fair enough though Im usually a pretty good judge of character, im not beyind making a misjudgment.

>someone comes up to me, makes me take my headphones out, and asks how many sets I have left
>There are at least two other empty racks or platforms
This always puts me in a fucking rage and I dunno why. Go ask the kid squatting the bar, he'll be done in like 2 minutes

>Having calluses
Just wear gloves

>wearing gloves

why even live

>two pricks take turns using the same machine for 124643398767 hours
>they don't use the cleaning spray when they're done

>be me
>having a great workout
>guy and his 10/10 gf walk in
>realize i dont have a 10/10 gf and probably never will
>day ruined

>be me
>wake up
>day ruined

At some point you'll come to grips with your insecurities.

>need to eat a shitload of dairy, peanuts & processed meats to reach my calorie goals
>all this nasty food makes my face breakout

it's horrible

>looking in the mirror
its a trap, i almost never look in the mirror

that gay little spring-thing that dudebros do at the top of their lateral raise reps

at some point you'll come to grips with that fact that your grips have no grip because no calluses

>the skinny korean kid is practicing his kpop dances in front of the mirror near you

>be me
>don't wake up
>everything went better than expected

>be ghost now
>stuck haunting Veeky Forums
>afterlife ruined

>that guy next to you incline pressing way more than he actually can in the smith machine hooting and hollering like a retarded chimp
>the squat racks in front of the mirrors are taken and you have to squat in the racks away from the mirrors so you're not sure about your form
>making somewhat awkward small talk with the other dudes in the steam room cause that's what you do apparently

>The obvious gym faggot who keeps staring at you
>The douchebag who lifts more than he can handle and always asks for a spot
>The fucking PT that only trains using circuits and takes up half the gym

That's what you get for using machines.

>6'3 dude with long hair and a disney sweater doin high ass karate kicks while staring at himself in the mirror before squatting 165lbs

You're not going to be laughing when that 6'3" beast is doing high kicks in a sleeveless Disney sweater that barely covers him before squatting your car.

>all the other dudes are taller than me

why even try

Nothing wrong with wearing gloves as long as they are the same color as your purse and you remember to take them off before jerking off your boyfriend

NO TALKING NO SMILING

Between the gym and work I generally end up losing my calluses like blisters over time. I have to use gloves for a week after that or drop weight.

Yeah so you can continue to give your boyfriend smooth handjobs with your soft and silky man paws.

>miss a day to sickness
>go to campus gym on a different day than usual
>I use the same room the athletes use because the room most people use has nothing but machines
>there's a crowd of athletes in a big circle around one of the racks
>I take the cage behind that one and pretend I'm not watching
>there's a dude benching, not sure how much but it looked like a lot, a coach in a polo shirt spotting
>the entire circle of people around him is cheering him on
>"Come on Darryl! You got this!"
>Darryl's face is turning redder. He pumps the weight.
>Spotter: "26!"
>"Fuck yeah, Darryl!" "Keep going buddy!"
>Darryl pushes air through his teeth and does three more reps. He starts bringing the bar down again, his arms shaking like crazy.
>"29...!"
>his teammates start clapping and cheering. I clap a little too.
>Darryl pushes the bar and arches his back
>the bar hesitates... and drops
>the spotter catches it and the cheering dies down
>watch another coach walk up as the team members wander back to the racks. "That was amazing, Darryl. Seriously impressive. Keep it up."
>Darryl laughs. He sounds a little disappointed, but relieved. A few lingering teammates clap him in the back and mutter sincere encouragement.
>"Come on guys, let's go!"
>the team finishes their reps and jogs out towards the track
>the athletic gym is almost empty now
>I finish my workout alone

I work out at home as often as possible, I don't have a gym buddy and am hesitant to try some without a spotter. When I go it's mostly for accessory machine sets.

>Benching 30 reps
Y daryl

crossfit amrap bro

No clue. I caught a glimpse at a piece of paper with a bunch of exercises on it that said "track and field." Maybe he was doing them in multiple sets and just counting total reps? I wasn't paying attention to him when I first came in.

>callous rips off
>heart pounding too hard from eca so can't train
>turn up to gym, get changed, left shoes at home

Unrelated but I been trying to find this picture for awhile

I'm not even a manlet but holy fuck this pic triggers me, fuck roasties on god

>finish deadlifts
>for some fucking reason think that running straight after would be a good idea
fuck i'm a brainlet sometimes, I almost fucking died

Nah. If it was a football team, then one of the tests at combines/tryouts/camps are how many bench press reps of 225. They also do vertical jump, broad jump, 40 yard dash, some agility drills that I can't remember, among others.

>Any machine isn't perfectly aligned with the ceiling tiles or walls