Quitting coffee

Fucking help me Veeky Forums, I've got to get off this stuff. Has anyone done it? How did it affect your workouts? Sleep gains? Skin gains? And how did you not kill yourself in the first weeks?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3824984/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bump

Cold turkey
Massive headaches and the ever present urge to drink it. Its not anything like cutting calories thats for sure.
But it is the way i quit cigarettes and coffee

How much were you drinking?

Quit caffeine for overall health around 2 weeks ago. Withdrawal symptoms are a bitch but its worth it at the end.

There's no way on this planet i am giving up this nectar of the gods.

wait, what's bad about a good ol' cup of Joe every now and then?

nothing.

its just a retarded meme.

I did. Doesn't affect workout. You get better sleep, better skin and have some moral gains because you don't support slavery in the third world.

Appetite suppression, bad sleep, high cortisol, vasoconstriction, dry skin, tooth decay and discoloration, heartburn, anxiety

>Quit caffeine for overall health around 2 weeks ago.
What general health improvements are there? All i ever see is "how coffee is good for you"

>every now and then
Those are addict symptoms, caffeine is the best supplement but yanks abuse it because they’re being controlled by companies to think coffee is great even though it tastes like shit

You can see it’s a meme because energy drinks are the new coffee

Switch to tea first. It'll force you to drink a bit more water but you won't get the coffee shits anymore. You'll revel in that benefit, so weaning off tea after a few months will be easier.

I would like to quit coffee and after a year get my teeth whitened. I won't get my teeth whitened before I know I can do a year of no coffee.

>i've got to get off this stuff

Unless you were diagnosed with chronic angina.. No you don't.

just rinse your mouth with water after every drink and brush your damn teeth. Why make your teeth sensitive and unnaturally white?

how much cups do you drink a day tho, I didn't notice any bas side effects and I drink 1-2 a day

Went from 8 cups minimum a day to straight caffeine free, fucking sucked. feel better after tho, especially in the morning s

1-2 cups a day is bitch tier, I drink around 10 cups a day

yea you need to quit

I quit coffee and all caffine due to sleep paralysis. Its alright i guess. I mean Caffine just fucks me up mentally desu.

are you kidding me coffee is great. If I want to fuck myself up though I know to drink espresso, now that shit will make you grimace

>10 cups a day
Enjoy your heart attack by 40.

Just replace it with black tea and then slowly reduce the amount.

It's really not a hard drug. It's fucking easy to quit, even if you drink 10 cups per day. Even if you go cold-turkey, it's just two days of sleepiness and light headaches and after a week all symptoms of withdrawal are gone. People are overstating the addictiveness.

Quit cold turkey last friday, had bad headaches despite taking aspirine all weekend and slept 10 - 12 hours. It is only a slight unease now. I hope it will be completely gone in a couple of days.
I was drinking about 3 - 4 cups (probably 300mg caffeine) each day due to stress at work.
If you are a heavy user, I would definitely recommend a week in which you don't plan on doing anything else.
Some people recommend going down a cup of coffee each day to quit, but that never worked out for me.

Actual OP here. Probably ~30oz black coffee daily

Drink half a cup (of grounds brewed in various saturations) maybe 3/4 C a day if I'm feeling slow. I've tried quitting so many times, can't do it.

How much coffee are you cunts drinking? I don't understand how people are getting hooked on it and having withdrawal symptoms. Are you chugging it like water drinking 10 cups a day or something?

I drink 1 medium sized cup a day most days, usually in the morning before training.

meta studies about coffee regularly show that the positive effects outweigh the negative in healthy persons for consumption below 4 cups a day

what concentration are these "4 cups"

How are people getting addicted to this stuff? I can drink 4-5 cups a day for weeks and still have no problem just stopping the next day.

Is it the chemicals in your merrican water?

or get withdrawal symptoms for that matter. I don't get shit

Cold turkey and take rhodiola rosea extract for energy

>even though it tastes like shit
what a pleb

Just remember that caffeine withdrawal lasts up to 40 days.

I drink like 1.5-1.8 liters of coffee every day. I drink it black and prepare it with a french press. Trying to cut down a bit nowdays.

> being this weak
Your never going to make it if you can't even quit caffine

I don't have issues falling asleep after having coffee earlier in the day, but I always feel like a boulder when I wake up. Anyone else have this experience?

Sounds healthy

>Chugging it like water
>Coffee Is 98% water
>Dude I gotta quit this coffee man, its really fucking killing me
>really man? Are you that much of a bitch?

I'm doing fine :^)

I've literally never had a sip of coffee in my entire life. What am I missing out on?
20 years old btw

Improved alertness and cognition and it helps you shit. Coffee is great.

Quit from one day to the other, literally felt no difference in energy and sleep, and no """""withdrawals""""".

Just stop drinking it. It's not fucking heroin or tobacco. You'll get headaches and feel like shit for a couple of days; that's it.

it's a massively consumed drug, it's like you live in a world where everyone is a fucking heroin junkie and will try to convince you on the benefits of injecting it into your veins.

Except coffee isn't that dangerous and you can hardly OD on caffeine. But if it's affecting you negatively, i see no reason why you shouldn't quit it.

>Why make your teeth sensitive and unnaturally white?
I'm planning on whitening next summer because I'm getting married in November. Gotta look sharp for the photos. Also means I won't be able to start my 2018 bulk until almost December so my jawline stays strong as fuck, but it'll be worth it when the pictures get dragged out in 30 years and shown to the grandkids or whatever.

>you can hardly OD on caffeine
Anybody have the screencap of the user who made DIY caffeine pills and massively OD'd? I can't find it in my Veeky Forums folder.

Those are the kind of side effects you would expect to see if you made coffee two of your three meals a day. You gotta relax, if you’re scared of that stuff over a cup of coffee I’d hate to see the way you live your average life.
>t.paramedic

are you quitting it for caffeine or just the coffee?
if just the coffee, drink tea.
If caffeine, drink heaps of water and ride the 4 day headache out.

thank god you're not quitting something real.

already have IBS, so a diuretic is the last thing I need though.
Is the alertness thing actually legit?

I drink about 4 mugs filled with strong espresso per day (like 3 double espresssos per cup). Will it kill me?

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3824984/

Coffee is a +1 intelligence potion with duration daily. With caffeine it gives a +1 initiative for four hours.

When I became a Mormon I stopped, same with alcohol.

I thought it would be hard but Heavenly Father has my back, I’m sure Zyzz is up there too.

so what your saying is its not bad for you but i dont want to drink it anymore

My folks have been drinking and smoking forever and they look miserable.

6 to 8 cups a day. no joke I was told it was a pain reliever so I kept slugging em down for 2 uears

Except over time it clogs up the neural pathways and eventually not only you will be slower than your natty brain but you won't be able to function without it.

Im considering stopping all caffeine.

I used to really need it to wake up in the morning. Now that Im in better shape I have a lot of natural energy.

Sauce?

Coffee has been ruining my sleep and gym strength for months.

Some documentary i saw when i was a kid.

lol

No. Coffee is more than caffeine. If you're afraid of caffeine switch to decaf. People don't understand that coffee is a herbal tea full of antioxidants and more.

>clogs up the neural pathways
That's not how neurotransmission works unless you have parkinson's

>able to drink either 0 coffee indefinitely or 12+ cups a day plus green coffee-ashawaganda nootropics with 0 side effects

I may not be swole but i have mastery over caffiene

I usually quit twice a year for a few weeks. Withdrawals are gone after 2 weeks, the worst headache and fatigue is at 4-5 days.

Then I build up more and more until the next reset.
I'm at 8-12 cups atm, so I'm in for a reset soon. But not until exams are done.

Parkinson's kills your neurons

Switch to half caf. Make your own bean blend when you grind. Taste doesn’t suffer and you wean yourself off