Any Veeky Forums tips?

Hey Veeky Forums I've been working out for a few months now and have dropped from 212 to 178. I was just wondering if y'all can give me any advice I'm just tryna get cut I don't wanna look like a body builder but some pecs and six pack would be a good goal.

Congratz on losing weight, but you dont have any muscle yet so cutting at this stage would be retarded. Since you're a newbie I would recommend you focus on compounds (OHP, squats, bp and deadlifts), learning good form, and slowly build a foundation from there.

Also, dont go crazy on the calories since you're still somewhat fat.

that's 212 pic, right? or are you 5'5?

I'm 5'11, one issue with my body is I anterior pelvic tilt from sitting all day so I'm trying to
Fix that

Yea I basically just ran for months on end and since I now lost the weight I'm working on building muscle

you'll never look like a bodybuilder unless you eat in a surplus.

seriously confused as to how this myth is still perpetuated? do parents hand down bullshit info to their kids still? "careful son don't lift weight at a deficit or you'll be all bulky!"

t. mom who weighs 800 lbs

If you are 5'11 and 178 there is no way in hell you look like this, unless you have like 25% body fat, which implies you didn't lift at all. Start lifting weights.

Deadlifts will fix anterior pelvic tilt no problem. Just remember that form is VERY important. And ffs no ego lifting.

Here's a more recent photo I didn't wanna post it since it makes me look douche but ye

And this is from the side

You need to lift asap. Build dem muscles. I believe in you. Good luck user

Congratss on the weight loss but if you think you're gonna "accidenttally" get big you've been severely misinformed.

Takes YEARS of hard work and dedicated eating to get "big". Your logic is like saying you want to travel from LA no NY but you will go by car instead of plane so you don't overshoot it

>I don't wanna look like a body builder
That doesn't just magically happen over night you fat fucking piece of shit. Stop being a bitch and lift weights. Find a proper routine and stick to it. You can eat/lift at maintenance if you ever get comfortable with how you look (which will never happen once the body dysmorphia sets in)

stop sucking in your gut, read sticky, lift weights.
you'll look a million times better after actually gaining some muscle.

You just need to build muscle. It is plain and simple.

(Also eat healthy, eat meat.)

>you dont have any muscle yet
he's right
>cutting at this stage would be retarded
ignore this. OP, cut until 12% bodyfat
>focus on compounds (OHP, squats, bp and deadlifts), learning good form
this is a good idea
>slowly build a foundation
you can either start building strength now, and then have to cut later anyway and end up at square 1, or you can cut now and get rid of the bodyfat so you can lean bulk forever

Get that thing on your stomach removed. It's disgusting.

OP don't listen to him it's just a birthmark nobody cares and it's not disgusting

its pretty disgusting sorry
but im a random dude on the internet so who gives a fuck about what I think.

I'd guess you're about 25% bf so if you want abs get down to about 150lbs. Also your hips look quite wide so I'd suggest you do some exercises to broaden your shoulders.

>giving tips to a non-white so he can just come back and shitpost about how much he hates white people
When will white men learn

Id recommend a level 5 finish on that there ceiling. Also use a primer