Post your man

Post your man

Haven't squatted in months. Just trying to bring up my bench row and diddly. And how is 1/2/3/4/ a good metric if 180kg deadlift is "proficient" but 105kg bench is "intermediate"?

What is 1/2/3/4?

>how is 1/2/3/4/ a good metric
it isn't, but this is Veeky Forums and autism is prevalent, and 1/2/3/4 looks nice, so it became a thing.

60kg ohp
100kg bench
140kg squat
180kg deadlift

This is fucking retarded. You should have a way higher ohp and squat.

noob olyfag here

I have a 120 kg x 35 rep pendlway or whatever it is called row. How do I input it if the max is for 10 reps. I don't have enough weight to test the 10 reps

lifting for 3 months

bro chill on the flux

Lifting for 4 months, 6'2". Bench is a few Kg off from proficient, squat and diddly are lacking.

>tfw 3pl8 squat, 5pl8 deadlift

wtf

What? Did I say something?

Back Squat: 125 kg[Intermediate]
Deadlift: 163 kg[Intermediate]
Bench Press: 87 kg[Intermediate]
Overhead Press: 58 kg[Intermediate]
Chin-up: 42 kg added[Proficient]
Pull-up: 44 kg added[Proficient]
Pendlay Row: 90 kg[Proficient]

5'10 75kg/165lbs and 5.5 months of lifting

I should really cut. I could lose like 10 kg, and then those lifts wouldn't look so bad.
Too bad cutting is so frustrating.

>sumo fag
why?

Because who the fuck is gonna stop me?

but why would you want to do less work? why not just go full isolations then? I understand if its for a meet but youre probably never gonna compete anyway.

>why would you want to do less work?
It's not less work though. It's still a heavy compound lift, how do you even compare it to isolations?

I don't understand how sumo fags don't drop the weight on their legs

What? How would you drop it on your legs?

Stop memeing, deadlift is already less work than squat. And also
>MUH ERIC AND HIS JEFFERSONS!!!!!
>BUT SUMO IS BAD!!1111

>Stop memeing, deadlift is already less work than squat
correct, they're not interchangeable though. sumo deadlifts are literally pointless compared to conventional deadlifts.

>Literally pointless.
Narrator's Voice: He meant virtually.

100 days into lifting tomorrow

Start doing pull-ups lardasses

Yeah
I do when I sumo. It is more comfy, but i have to be really careful and that is a tunoff

I don't understand though, how do you drop it on your legs?

I can aleady do 1 arm at 88 kg. What more do you requirw? Uaing my neck?

The plates drop on my foot

11 weeks into lifting, poverty upper body mode

Oh, I see. I don't really find such a wide stance comfortable, I usually stand so that me pinky toe is somewhere at the level of those, whatever they are called pic rel, so I don't really have a problem with that.

Can I excuse my awful pulls because of surgery from breaking humerus in half and long arms?

Not sure about my squat. Maybe I'm just too scared to go heavier

It's a heavy compound lift with a better heavy compound lift for the same job.

week squat

>better
Subjective. Sumo will work your quads more, while traditional will work your lower back more. Depending on your build, one (sumo in my case) will also let you lift heavier weights meaning it will develop your nervous system more.
Honestly I don't understand why do some people argue so much about such small a thing; they both largely work the same muscles anyway.

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

pls be badger

>85 kg bench press is novice
WHAT THE FUCK, HOW DO PEOPLE GET THIS STRONG, AFTER 3 MONTHS I'M STILL STRUGGLING WITH 45KG BENCH PRESS. MAKE IT STOP!!

Tfw training consistently since February, 7 month bulk and now 3 month cut, why is my strength so fucking trash

It's based on your weight as well, so if you were a manlet 85 would probably be intermediate.
Also don't sweat it as long as you're making progress. How much you bench also depends on how wide your shoulders are, for example. So if you're a shoulderlet you're gonna lift less on a bench.

ss+gomad

desu i hit 95kg bench at 75 after 3 months

probably fucked your bulk

"intermediate" only on symmetric strength. it will always be a novice 1RM for a man regardless of his height. only thing that'd change this is genetic deformity, injury, etc.

>at 75
yeah, this might have something to do with it, since I'm 56kg at 1m83
I've only gained 3 kgs, since I started lifting 3 months ago, so I guess I'm going to have to start really counting my calories/proteins/... instead of just eating until I almost feel like throwing up 3 times a day.

>gomad
This seems too memey to be healthy tbqh, if everything else fails I might try it, but I'm waiting at least another year.

>don't sweat it as long as you're making progress
thanks, user. weekly progression is the nice part about being a noob, I guess.

>This seems too memey to be healthy tbqh
gomad is only partly a meme
If you're having trouble eating enough to gain weight, go for it, but it would generally be better if you just had a more balanced diet as long as you can keep the calorie surplus.

fuck deadlifts

gomad is a meme for regular people, not for skellies like you.

>If you do the program as written, and you are a novice male between the ages of 18 and 35, the first five or six squat workouts will see the work sets going up 10 pounds every time. If your first day is 135 x 5 x 3 sets across, then 185 x 5 x 3 will be the sixth workout. (We’ll use the squat as our example exercise for this program, and if you’ve read the books you know that the other movements go up at different rates but that the squat is a good proxy for general progress on the program.) I have yet to see someone in that demographic who is eating and resting correctly that is not able to do this. Eating correctly may mean 6000 calories/day with a gallon of whole milk, or it may mean 3500 calories/day on a paleo-type lower carb no-dairy diet, depending on your initial body composition. If this or its equivalent did not happen, you’re not doing the program. During this period of time it is common to gain 5-10 pounds of bodyweight if you are underweight, or to stay about the same if you are in need of bodyfat loss. In this demographic you’re too fat if you’re over 20% and underweight if you’re less than 10%. A bodyfat under about 10% is not the level a performance athlete carries, and growing a significant amount of muscle mass will entail an increase in bodyfat level, so this number – since we need to choose one for you – serves well as the bottom line. A bodyfat level over about 20% means that you’re headed in the direction of carrying around more than is required for an anabolic environment and more than is efficient for moving either the bar or an opponent. But really, you already know where you are when you start; guys who feel the need to start training always know why they did it.

3 months in, baby

this is what happens when you dont count the bar

Same, my forearms had the highest score followed by lats.

sadly, I did.

>gomad is a meme for regular people, not for skellies like you.

I believe it will help my lifts, but I'm more concerned about health risks involved in gaining weight so quickly. Fuck, I'll do LOMAD or even 2LOMAD, but GOMAD seems really fucking excessive.

squatting is hard

what health risks?
how quickly is "too quick" for you?

You know it's for 5RM/working sets right? Who in their right mind would think it's 1RM? Most people hit those as 5RM during their SS noob gains at which point you shouldn't even be testing your 1RM in first place.

It's always been 1rm.

> MFW someone thinks my bench press is strong

I just want a yellow man, desu.

>that guy who isn't even .1/.2/.3/.4

i dont approve of GOMAD but if youre a skelly, gaining 40lb over 6m wont really put you in danger unless you already have something underlying. even then I doubt it changes much given youre still young.

dont listen to this fucking retard. nobody within 2sd of the population not using gear and from an untrained background can hit 1/2/3/4 for 5RM during noob phase. saying that lper's should never test 1RM is standard rippetoan wisdom. 1RM during noobphase is unnecessary, but you can do it during the last days of squeezing your lp for fun or overloading during last rep of warmup.

its easy to hit 1/2/3/4 during noob phase, but mostly by bigger guys. im talking 90kg area.

>what health risks?
>how quickly is "too quick" for you?

nigga, I don't know, doing GOMAD just seems unnatural. If I keep eating a balanced diet I probably should be alright though, being 21 y/o. fuck it, I'll just go for it and see what gives.

Thanks for being a pushy ass, user.

for 1rm, yeah. even bigger guys tend to struggle. you may hit 5rm for one or 2 of the lifts depending on the leverages but come on, unless you're naturally gifted, or come from a sports backround its not a realistic goal.

sorry, im not trying to be pushy. was jsut trying to understand what you mean, because "health risks of gaining weight so quickly" doesn't clarify either what "so quickly" means or what "health risks" that might carry, so it seems like blind belief.

i can't find anything on this on the internet either. any weight-related health problem reports are about people who actually get very fat, like 25+% body fat.

you shouldnt go above 20 anyways.

if you do starting strength as written, it is possible. overall health, background, life situation etc. matter ofc.

regardless, this whole argument can be because what "noob gains" are isn't clarified very well. it is definitely not 3 months.

many people can run SSLP for 6-9 months, and then proceed to run something different but keep making those "(late) noob gains".

alternatively, if we go by the russian clarification chart, becoming a classed lifter and leaving the novice area can take up to two years too (but shouldn't take more unless serious issues with life, health, etc.).

1/2/3/4 for 1-3RM is a realistic 1 year goal for most 70-80kg lifters, and it is a realistic 3-5RM goal for 85-95kg lifters.

yeah i get what you mean man. it might just be personal bias since most 90kg+ lifters i know dont start lifting because they have good lbm and experience-wise they also have the worst motivation for some reason. even so i stand my point; if you can do 1/2/3/4 for 5 within 6-9m (standard LP duration cited) you're gifted genetically

Just went to a physical therapist a few months ago who told me my lats are literally non existent so I've been having to do beyond rudimentary exercises to help make them work. Felt them flex for the first time in my life a few weeks ago

I used to lift much more but stopped due to laziness and am now just getting back into it after losing quite a bit of weight and I'm also fasting a lot. Im making steady strength gains but good lord this makes me feel like shit

>sorry
don't do this, man

>literally non-existent
Thank you for helping the word "literally" die. How did your back get atrophied?

>that first diddly of the day

Stats

Why is your bench so poo?

he's probably not a manlet

67kg bw, fell for the gomad/ss/t-rexmode meme. Rip in rippetoe

nice try. if you did ss you wouldve logged your ohp also

>67kg
>lp
>those stats
why would anyone lie on the internet

>gomad
>67kg bodyweight