Is just me or the average gym goer is fucking weak?

Is just me or the average gym goer is fucking weak?

I was deadlifting lmao2,5plates for reps and some guys called me a beast. I have never seen anyone deadlifting over 3 plates but me and I there are big guys as one who is like 6'6'' and 240lbs of muscle who only can do 2plates bench for 1 rep while im a fucking manlet can do it for reps.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gF1D6d6dCKU
instagram.com/p/BcYfLn2A8-t/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

In my gym there are only 4 others who really train muscle. The rest can't even squat properly.

most people don't strength train.

people who do don't go to commercial gyms they go to barbell clubs.

>the average gym goer is fucking weak?
>I was deadlifting lmao2,5plates

Checks out

>im a fucking manlet
no shit retard, you have shorter lever arms than someone who is 6'6.
also go to a real powerlifting gym if you want to feel like a girl.

I go to a college gym and I’m usually lifting less than most of the guys there, at least when I go to the squat racks. I’m still pretty weak though desu

It depends on when I go to my gym.

5pm and later it's all normies that do your regular shit - curls, light weight compound workouts, etc.

12pm-4pm you get the Real Nigga Hours™ where these dudes who look like they only workout and don't have jobs come and lift pretty heavy. There's only one dude that actually looks like/lifts like a power lifted and he's basically the King of the Gym when he comes.

Lmao 2.5 pl8s

I work out at a university gym, so lots of people dl over 4pl8s. I just barely hit 435 the other day in freedom units

it depends on the gym really.
when my gym (named BODY AND FIGHT CLUB) closed down I went on a journey to check out every gym in town.

there were some actual body builder places where everybody was a tough shit. then you had the cheap ones with a mixed audience that went there simply because everything is functional and works.
last type was the full faggot gyms, the ones that dont have free weights and only nautilus machines. or 5kg dumbbells only but swimming pools and other bullshit. those had faggots and girls only.

Dumb fucker that guy's arms are as big as my thighs or even bigger and his chest is just like my head. He looks like The Mountain

>6'6" 2 plates 1 rep bench

You realize at that height he is a beast. 2 plates at 6'6" is harder than 3 plates for a manlet.

I speak from experience at 6'5".

I live in Yuro and I haven't seen anyone pulling 4plates deadlift.

>Dumb fucker that guy's arms are as big as my thighs or even bigger
yes, because you are a dyel, which has already been established in the thread
>and his chest is just like my head.
what does that even mean?
>He looks like The Mountain
Okay, then he is one of the strongest men in the world, and I'm sure the only reason he doesnt outlift you is to prevent you from crying.
I still dont see the point of your fucking shit thread. yes, the average gym goer is a DYEL retard without a routine, you are slightly stronger, but still a DYEL faggot, and a manlet nonetheless. now go back in the pit.

You are really mean, user.

>barbell clubs
>bringing ur barbell to ur gym
powerlifters really are this autistic

I leg press 10pl8s and haven't seen anyone even hit 5pl8s. There was one guy who was squatting 3pl8s but wasn't hitting depth

That’s because yuros are soyboys compared to americans

Pretty much yeah, you get a few surprises here or there though. strongest dude at our gym looks DYEL. Not really but he looks like most Olympic lifters that aren't bloat mode, I.e not that impressive in clothing.

what does it matter? You'll never be Clarence
youtu.be/gF1D6d6dCKU

>go to hotel gym
>next to dorms so also lots of students
>most of us are DYEL
>a few guys have a good bench, a few have a good physique
>only one guy has a respectable 3 lift total and a great physique
>gym manager lets him put his own music on speakers when he shows up
>always blasts the most hardcore bass trance I have ever heard in my life
>mogs everyone
>mean ass motherfucker
>never talks to anyone except the women
>one time a poor DYEL highschool kid asked him to work in
>he simply stared him down till he left
>the only Olympic bar in the gym is his own personal bar that he keeps at the gym
>has his own sets of 45s because the gym only has 2 sets
>lives in the hotel
>keeps doing dragon flags and other body weight exercises between sets to his audience of qts
>always has at least two qts following him around

He's the reason I lift.

>benched 3pl8 last week at the end of my first smolov
>6.5/10 who went with his curlbro bf locked her eyes on me for a solid 10+ mins
feels good man that the general population is not only weak, but also not interested in honing knowledge before they do something like lifting. i dont even care that she's just average for a gymslut, but for one shining moment a complete stranger was more interesting than the guy fucking her

>A L P H A M A L E
>L
>P
>H
>A
>M
>A
>L
>E

First of you short piece of shit, having a 5'0 wing span and weighing 300 pounds is going to give you an advantage over 6'6" at 240.

What's easier, bouncing 225 off your bagel shaped manlet belly up 2 inches, or completing a full 3 feet of motion with that 225?

Stay down where you belong.

>tfw ridiculous pump after a 3 pl8 close grip
>tfw 3rd veins on my chest while i'm not even flexing
>tricep as big as a normal shit's thigh
>all the sluts mire
>all the bfs mire too

I don't know how healthy it is, but this feeling is the number one feeling in my life that I live for.

yeah mean i feel ya. i used to feel ashamed working out as a skinnyfat doing LP, hogging the squat rack for 20+ mins on OHP + squat day. being they only one doing DL seriously in the gym and getting snarky comments, bringing my own sub 1.25kg plates but fuck me now if it's not worth it. all the guys who started with me doing 5day splits are still the way they are 2 years ago. it feels like i fucking achieved something real, found a place i can look forward to going.

Most people who are lifting super heavy are ones dedicated to the sport or ones who have not yet injured themselves, mostly young people. All gym goers who have been going for years at my gym don't do big weights, because they've been most likely injured many times, have fear to get injured and fuck their joints up and now are just keeping their muscle and doing it for the feeling training gives them or just getting mass which doesn't require huge weights.

Huge weights don't benefit in other ways than building your ego, real life utilities of muscles require mostly endurance and good stability and the strength to have good slow eccentric movements.

Being strong feels good, but apart from good grip strength and strong core, you don't really need any other big strength feats to help you stay healthy.

At my gym people are deadlifting 4+pl8 all the time.

Its all about genetics. A 6ft6 guy could be dyel or naturally huge anyway. Thats what decides what he can lift.

True

Most people can't bench more than 1 plate on a set and the ones that do are super jacked for some reason. I swear everyone big on my gym is a /fraud/ or a dyel

>phone posting
Kill yourself faggot

Thats because most are curl bro's. They only, solely go for the big muscle look, and you get those swollen up muscles by doing tiny weights with lots and lots of reps, More than 12 or something.

8 for strength, anything beyond...which they do is for show.

so...about 90% of the guys in the gym train for women. The remainder are a mix of fight stamina, and weird misc exercises...and anyone doing actual weights.

the thing is though, its extremely easy to get bigger weights, for pretty much zero risk. If the form is good then there is pretty much nothing that can destroy you. All you have to do is just to progressively lift more weights.

I am barely approaching 1/2/3/4 and I think I am already in the top 5 of my gym, in regards to strength...lol

It really depends on the gym. In my uni I've only seen one guy dl more than 3 plates but at the regular gym it's far from uncommon.

I've just reached 3 plates & I can confirm that I'm in the top 5% of lifters at my gym - & I'm not even remotely "strong." I've only seen two other dudes lift heavier for deadlifts: 1 strong-fat dude with hair to his chest & 1 middle-eastern kid who was pulling 4 plates+ in between 10 minutes of rest; the latter of which still has me befuddled.

your uni gym must be shit then.
most of the guys in contact sport will have decent strength

Depends on the gym really

>go to different gym in summer
>bodybuilding oriented but almost nobody squats or deadlifts
>almost invariably the strongest person present

>back to normal gym
>started deadlifting again recently
>hit 4.5 plate for reps a month in
>I'mokaywiththis.jpg
>look to my left
>huge former bodybuilder lifting 6plate for reps
>whelp

Outside of dedicated PL/oly gyms, maybe 1/10 guys train for strength. Then account for the fact that most quit after a few months, and of those that don't quit, most train strength for a few months and then switch to size-focused lifting, and you got your answer.

cecked

what kinda of gym do you go to three plates is the average ego lifter at my gym

nice cope soyim, have fun recovering from your tennis elbow/ runners nie while while i fuck your wife for you

Reminder that this girl got murdered

seriously?

Spain, Europe.

>tfw I go to the same gym that Clarence used to go to in his older videos

not uncommon to see 4+pl8 diddlies there. It's a uni gym.

Sounds fake but if not he seems like an insecure dick not an alpha male

yes

Not that user, but source pls

I've never seen anyone DL less than 4pl8 - except for warm ups.

Maybe you just go to a gym of pussies?

She's alive. Chinese cosplayer that goes by 在下萝莉控ii, unless she was murdered in the last 5 days since her last weibo post.

>Huge weights
we talking about 2 plate squats and 3 plate deadlifts here lmao

>I leg press
your kind isn't welcome around these parts.

>Is just me or the average gym goer is fucking weak?
I can speak for my local Gold's and the answer is yes.
>be me
>chest day
>warm up with 65s
>do 4x5 with 110s
>decide to do last set of 5 with the 120s
>middle aged guy takes bench next to me
>eye fucks me as I walk back the 110s and grab the 120s
>i'm listening to weeb music and ignoring him
>bang out set of 5 just as easily as the sets prior
>when I'm done racking the weights he pats me on the shoulder and says "wow good job".
>y-you too
>i'm 6'2 and he was worried I couldn't bench the big boy dumbbells.
>manlets still haven't learned.

this
I got into backpacking and fucked my knees up after hiking incline/declines for miles day after day.
Last thing I need is to fuck up my knees or back trying to hit a BS ego lift. I get a lot more fulfillment from hiking to remote places with my friends than knowing I can still squat over twice my bodyweight.

Maybe they don't want to get strong, and just want to put on muscle to look aesthetic.

If 1 plate is 45lbs, does that mean 2.5 plates are ~100lbs,so 200lbs in total+bar = 240lbs? I have no idea this fucking "plate" and "lbs",which is the worst measurement ever. fucking amerifats

I feel the same.
The heaviest bench i've seen was 2.5 plates and it was from a massive dude with a shit rom and a spotter holding the bar throughout the whole rep.

Even the most aesthetic guys do not bench over 185-200lbs where i go,and they're pretty fucking big too.

"plate" is not an american only thing

one plate is having one 45lb or 20kg plate on both sides of a barbell so in total 135lbs or 60kg

are yuropoors really this dense?

1 pl = a 45 lb or 20 kg plate on each side, which are roughly the same weight. (~2 lb off, but for a quick estimate we'll assume it's about the same)

Assuming imperial plates the conversion is (roughly):
1 pl = 135 lb = 60 kg
2 pl = 225 lb = 100 kg
3 pl = 315 lb = 140 kg
4 pl = 405 lb = 180 kg

Lol Lanklet cope

STAY WEAK

Idk man, there was a thread once were everyone was memeing like
>1 plate means 1 plate on a single side
>he counts the bar
>he counts his arms

and shit like that. Anyway,thanks for clearing it up brehs

There's some strong guys in Ireland. I went into a weightlifting club in Cork City and saw a guy doing 180 high bar for reps.

how much kg is 3pl? how much do you have to lift to not be a pussy?

See or Google

I could only find one from November but the rumor is she died months ago so I guess it's just a rumor. She's a damn cute.

>thinks that counting the bar is a meme

She's a lot more active on her Chinese social media than English.
Just found a livestream she did 3 days ago.

I have also noticed this everyone around me is weak as shit

Recently achieved 1/2/3/4 and am now stronger than everyone i see at my gym except the fat guys benching 3plaet

I wish I could speak Chinese.

I've gone to two different gyms and RARELY see people dead lift.

But it sounds fucking horrible. This is why japs are the only good asians

That's why I'm learning Japanese not Mandarin. Plus Jap girls are cuter with less public shitting.

Made for BBC

>”i leg Press 10pl8s”
Ive heard of your kind. Yall hog all the damn plates to move a machine 2 inches back and forth. Once youre done you parade the gym like “yall Saw that” but really all we Care about is whether your fat ass is done sp we Can do our own shit instead.

>tfw 2 plate ohp
i've never seen anyone in my gym OHP over 135.
feels good being one of the strongest people in my gym

>leg press 10 plates

This is literally the equivalent of curling 40 lb dumbbells. You aren’t strong. Just annoying.

First gym I ever lifted at was a powerlifting gym, so everyone was super helpful and taught me how to lift correctly.

Now at a uni gym while in law school and 90% are quarter squatting bros or meme routine whores. There's like 10 guys I've met that lift well, with good form, and lift way more than me.

Thats huge bro. Check out my 3pl8 pull i did today
instagram.com/p/BcYfLn2A8-t/

lanklets when will they learn