/FAST/ #49 - OMAD for Weight Loss is Just CICO Edition

/FAST/ FASTING GENERAL

What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and fat fasting
While fasting alone is fantastic for your health, Consider doing a ketogenic in addition to become god mode

>WHY CICO IS BULLSHIT
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0 [Open]

>HGH , Test, and muscle growth?
youtube.com/watch?v=snyA5UgrZis [Open]
dietdoctor.com/fasting-muscle-mass

>WHY YOU SHOULD BE DOING KETO:
youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8 [Open]
youtube.com/watch?v=NqwvcrA7oe8 [Open]

>how can I get a quick rundown? Where can I start?
dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting
dietdoctor.com/longer-fasting-regimens
youtube.com/watch?v=9idhb2aAfns [Open]

>any more info?
idmprogram.com/fed-fasted-state/
medium.com/the-mission/the-sweet-spot-for-intermittent-fasting-9aae12a2158c
youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c [Open]
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/

>Fung talks and lectures:
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk [Open]
youtu.be/PSR82vmZ5lk [Open]
youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE [Open]

>Doesn't salt make you explode?
youtube.com/watch?v=amJ-ev8Ial8 [Open]

>autophagy:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27810402
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3106288/
greatist.com/live/autophagy-fasting-exercise
dietdoctor.com/renew-body-fasting-autophagy
roguehealthandfitness.com/intermittent-fasting-boosters-autophagy-enhancers/
tandfonline.com/doi/pdf/10.4161/auto.1.3.2017?needAccess=true

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperkalemia
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

nb4 tit pick from the attention whore
GAS ALL TRIPFAGS

OMG guis I get to eat like hamburgers and pizza and ICECREAM while you starve!!!! Just OMAD. Yes I am a dyel twink. AMA!!! Lol

>he doesn't believe in physics
>he's such an aspie he has to autistically post >9000 links to shit no one cares about
>he has no real discipline and has to resort to 'extremes'
>his weight is a yo-yo
You're even dumber than veganfags

Good news /FAST/ turns out my little 0.4 weight gain yesterday must have just been water retention BUT i'm not gonna drink any more of that flavored coffee shit anyway.

12/1 - 195.6
12/2 - 191.2
12/3 - 187.8
12/4 - 186.6
12/5 - 187.0
12/6 - 184.2

I did cut back on my water intake a little bit just to try and tease out some of the water retention.

55th hour of water / unsweetened tea fasting. My weight is currently very unstable; I gained a pound the first day, and today I found out that I lost two pounds the second day. Further evidence that it must be water and I should calm the fuck down, since even though my TDEE is fucking huge, I know it's not 7000 because I'm not quite THAT fat, and it sure as hell isn't -3500 because that's not even possible.

I had a dream last night that I fucking stuffed my face and promptly forgot everything I had just eaten but had the sinking feeling all day that I'd broken my fast. Glad it was a dream. I don't plan on making it a reality.

can i fast if i'm a skeleton and how long will it take to kill me, also how painful? asking for a friend

Been doing OMAD and eating anywhere from 4.5-5.5k calories in my nightly binges.

I do fasted cardio in the morning and supplement with yohimbine hcl, and I do lift in the afternoon right before my meal. Doing PPL.

Feels good man, I get to eat whatever I want and I've dropped 5 pounds in 10 days so far.

So, i'm around 26h into a fast, no snake juice, and i have a slight headache, what could it be?

thought you said you weren't coming back you assmad faggot

>eating at night
I just don't understand. To each their own, I fully get that, but I can't comprehend people skipping breakfasts for IF or the warrior diet or shit. Like you're eating right before bed, when you're supposed to lose more weight and you sabotage that with food you ate, isn't that bothering you? wouldn't it be better to eat meals in the morning and burn them off throughout the day? I can't imagine a life without breakfasts, I love fried eggs or pancakes or cornflakes or fruit in the morning. But again that's just me probably. I just never see anyone that I can relate to here, ever, y'all do your IF until evening :( whatever

eating at lunch is king m8

How new are you

That's not exactly what I said. I said I wasn't coming back to ask any more retarded questions. And I'm not. Progress posts and encouragement for others only from now on.

not eating is ace m'niiiiiine

I've just talk to my doctor about snake juice, he told me there's way too much potassium in it and you should put like only a pinch of it
do you have any resources about why there is so much potassium in it?

I do breakfast, and if I still have space (and hunger) a light lunch too before starting my fast at 2pm.

>way too much potassium
what happens if you get too much potassium?
(why is it called potassium and not kalium, I don't get it)

I'm on the last day of my week long fast, about 2 days ago I started getting red blotches on my skin, and right now I have a cubic fuckton of acne on my back. Why is this?

heart rythm disorder and if way way too much death

and how much is too much? is this why raw potatos kill you?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperkalemia
looks like it can be called kalium sometimes

Currently at 135 hours into my 168 hour water fast. I am strongly considering doubling this one to two weeks.

I think raw potaotes can kill you because of cyanide but you'd need 10kg of them
the doctor told me what you need is negligibble compared to sodium

good going!

4700 is the daily allowed potassium according to the SNAKEMAN’s FDA.
If you don’t eat then SNAKEJUICE is your only source of it. Should be alright.

Aids

Are you SNAKING?

>4700 is the daily allowed potassium
so you're saying my doc is full of shit?

I'd fear going longer than necessary for my gut flora, haven't spent all this time amassing the glorious fuckers only to have them die on me during a hard cut.

Do you know what a stool transplant is?

yes and it's retarded

>there are dyelfags here who don't use snake juice
enjoy your inferior potassium normies

>gut flora
This is actually what you WANT to fucking kill so you can rebuild it properly on a refeed.

Not if you already have good ones.

explain a proper refeed

snake juice

Based.

If you have good ones then your eat habbits PROMOTE good ones and you have nothing to worry about. Stool transplants are just another example of doctors not knowing what the fuck they're doing.

how do you know if you have good ones?

That's not a refeed

Don't they do stool transplants in mice and the mice that receive good stool end up being healthier and happier?

I'm genuinely confused.

see:

So last week I started doing 16:8 fasting which was hard for the first 3 days. Today, I did my first 20:4. Am I doing it right? My goal is OMAD with some 2-3 day fasts sprinkled in here and there for weight loss.

You slowly cultivate those beneficial bacteria and avoid pounding your gut with heavy hard to digest fats and proteins.
Small amounts of:
- probiotics, in pill form is fine... not yogurt
- fiberous vegetables (cabbage, broccoli, carrots, etc...)
- fermentable fibers (saurkraut, onions, garlic, etc...)
Like half of breast milk is indigestible shit fed to the baby specifically to feed gut bacteria...

Is this a real post?

>fried eggs or pancakes or cornflakes or fruit
reeeeeeeee fucking stop

So you're saying I need breast milk...

anyone?

And after how many days of fasting do you need a refeed?
And after how much time fasting does gut bacteria die?

sounds like a mineral deficiency somewhere, which is why you should break this fast soon and go to 23/1 IF, the land of no problems because you're (hey wow) eating

It wouldn't hurt!

Why are you tripfagging again? Go back to your fucking /junk/diet thread and stay there twink.

You're an actual faggot.

You've gone from likeable guy to guy that spouts shit without any knowledge, i'm sad about it.

please refrain from replying to me. Thank you.

We all need breast milk. That's what breast milk is for, to perfectly serve the nutritional needs of its respective species. It's just that when children come to reach a certain age, they develop a greater constitution and minimal self defense capabilities, rendering their mother's attention more critical to various other parental responsibilities than to nursing her child, thus necessitating a transition to solid food for lack of consistency in her availability. Not to mention, when children become large enough, their mothers' milk may no longer suffice to sustain them regardless. A diet (as in a set of food choices, not as in a temporary period of food restriction) is really just an individual's imperfect subconscious attempt at constructing a formula for its mother's breast milk, except consumed per-ingredient rather than from the teat.

Broke this weeks 3 fast with some garbage food - counted every calorie and only managed

To answer your question, it sounds like a hormone imbalance. Most likely the famous "detox" snakeman talks about. Keep fasting and see how it goes. If it starts to get really bad then break your fast and see a doctor. But I doubt it's anything more than some nasty stuff stored in your fat cells that's just now coming out because you're using them.

Aren't mothers defecating on their babies during childbirth supposed to give the babies gut flora?

Reeeee I want to start fast and take progress pics but my new phone didnt arrive yet

uh, yeah, why? don't passive bully me and face me like a man and explain why I'm wrong in your view
sorry

>bait this retarded will work

me too, i'm posting here way less though because i've found a lot of other people who appreciate where i'm coming from

i'm not sure what particularly you didn't like about my comment but rashes and skin problems can generally be explained by hormones and or mineral imbalances, both of which can be solved by eating

please don't fall for the meme detox bullshit

suck it mate hope the fucking rash kills you then if you are that ungrateful about someone trying to help you

my own fault desu, i should have known if i tried to read an omad post i'd see delicious things being talked about
frankly i should be thanking you for helping me realize that so i can avoid it in the future

You're wrong for all of the reasons outlined in the OP, we don't have the time nor the will to debate you when you're fucking lazy as piss. You're in a place of complete ignorance right now, where is our motivation to fucking spoonfeed you supposed to come from. Go read the OP, then ask SPECIFIC questions that require some thought instead of, "lol this is dumb."

I'm feeling pretty good just extending ketosis with keto food after my 1-2 day fasts.

I'm gonna make it.

Makes sense to me, thank you!

You're an actual faggot.

OMAD FOR WEIGHT LOSS IS JUST CICO
CALORIE RESTRICTION IS BAD

If its actually a rash/hives or anything like that it can be caused by allergies. I know people that get them from nuts and pollen/grass. I got it from fucking raw onions once.

>CALORIE RESTRICTION IS BAD
not him but it worked for me (calorie restriction, not omad)
only reason i'm water fasting now instead is because i got impatient

You see that? This is why this thread is absolute pure utter trash

m8 there's nothing wrong with wanting to change the time of day when you're eating :) you can eat a big breakfast instead of a big dinner. you want the meal to be absorbed about 6-8 hours before the most demanding part of your day

>OMAD FOR WEIGHT LOSS IS JUST CICO

I think it's more about managing insulin than CICO.

congrats dude, hope you are enjoying the process, no matter what you are doing :)

and what's even more shocking is that macros aren't the largest variable, though they are decently important

face it, people uhhhhh want multiple opinions, whether right or wrong, you cancerous dogmatic retard

MODS!!!

Can you please remove trip and stop spamming smilies. For what its worth I think your ideas regarding insulin and omad are spot on, but pls remove trip, it shits the threads up.

tell me why having breakfast is bad

for you my friend

No, this BOARD is trash because you're newfag accomodation is attracting low quality people who can't figure shit out for themselves... this is not a fat fuck support and motivational board... we do not fucking spoonfeed here. You're clogging up the thread with ball massages, fuck off twink

You're an actual faggot.

thanks

Calorie restricted OMAD for weight loss is literally just CICO.

>people uhhhhh want multiple opinions
>giving a fuck what people want
>actively advocating people don't read the OP
People want ACCURATE INFORMATION, which is contained in the OP, not twink junkfood shilling... fuck off.

You're an actual faggot.

I don't think you restrict calories on omad. I reckon its pretty good to mix with longer fasts. I've been doing 3-5 day fasts followed by a day or two of IF where I smash 2500 calories in ~40 mins. Easiest cut of my life.

Not that user, but it spikes your insulin early in the morning, before you even get to do any kind of meaningful shit, not to mention eating makes you more docile and routes the blood that would be meant for your muscles and brain to your stomach and intestines.

Generally it's best to eat after the rough times are over before resting, not the other way.

And skipping breakfast means staying longer in a fasted state since you will be having another meal after.
Fuck off, Veeky Forums has been like this since the good trips left, but now there are /generals/ instead of newfags spouting the same shit in 10 different threads.

Not really, the 23h fasting actually does something.

>I don't think you restrict calories on omad.
Correct, if done correctly and not for weight loss. IF and OMAD are not restricted calorie plans, if you are losing weight its because you are restricting calories and you will slow your TDEE.

You aren't eating lightly after 5 days fasts?

Yea, it raises insulin sensitivity... thats it...

OMAD seems like it'd always be a caloric deficit though, not via restriction but instead just because unless you're drinking your calories its pretty hard to hit maintenance in one meal. Maybe I'm a stomachlet after fasting.

Nah man I just smash whatever I'm hankering for. Usually a bowl of creamy leek and potato soup followed by some really shit food. Seems to go alright and I'm shitting better than I ever have.

my pleasure buddy good luck, enjoy, be confident in your own thoughts and go for it

no, because and ... I never restrict calories, they aren't all absorbed on OMAD

psychopath

>Generally it's best to eat after the rough times are over before resting, not the other way.
but doesn't common sense tell you it's the other way around? is it only from a body building point of view? I mean I don't want to bulk, just to lose weight. sorry about being retarded and thanks for not shouting at me.
>And skipping breakfast means staying longer in a fasted state since you will be having another meal after.
but i still fast about 20 hours daily

it doesn't hurt to keep losing when you like your weight as it is. gaining, that's bad, but losing, nah.

Not that user as well, but OMAD works because it's CICO, caloric restriction, most people don't binge or eat that much in one meal, and get their calories through the entire day, so limit them to one meal, and they won't be able to hit their TDEE at once.

You will plateau on OMAD, you will reach a time where you binge like a mofo and your stomach would have expanded to suit your eating habits, and if you eat shit, you will easily hit your TDEE and maybe go beyond it.

Well then it depends user, if breakfast is your OMAD, then by all means have it, I tend to be lazier and pretty much useless after eating, so I limit stuffing my face to when I am at home.

what's the difference between omad and cico?

also, why do these threads always seem to be centered around 24-48 hour fasts, rather than a 16 hour fast for example?

>creamy leek and potato soup
I literally never ate leek. Should i try it out?

>what's the difference between omad and cico?
omad: one meal a day. not specific to the caloric content of the meal. can be 200, can be 1200.
cico: calories in calories out. meaning if you burn 2000 calories a day (bmr+tdee) and want to lose weight, you eat below 2000. how you achieve that doesn't matter.

>why do these threads always seem to be centered around 24-48 hour fasts, rather than a 16 hour fast for example?
because people here love jerking themselves off at how long they can go denying themselves basic needs and whoever starves the longest is the coolest dude.

One Meal A DAY.
Calories In Calories Out.

Both use caloric restriction, one is healthier and promotes better insulin sensitivity among a bunch of other stuff you can easily get your lazy ass to read.
>to be centered around 24-48 hour fasts...
Because 16 hour fasts are pleb tier and are the norm you stupid shit, you shouldn't be eating 3 meals a day in the first place, you shouldn't snack and put whatever makes it's way in front of you into your mouth, you haven't evolved to sit on your ass all day eating sugar coated crap every time you're awake, 16 to 8 is for ham planets who drink soda and eat shit the whole day, it works on them just as OMAD works on the average Joe, and just how 24 hour regular fasting would work on a decent Veeky Forumsizen.

Oh man its my new favorite food. I never realized how cheap and delicious a good soup can be.

3 leeks chop white bottom off and then chop down middle, clean under water and then dice up
3 large potatoes chopped into little cubes
6 cups of water + 6 chicken stock cubes
250ml cream
3 good sized garlic cloves and a big onion fried in olive oil
all in a pot, potatoes + water first cos they take a while to cook

cook the shit out of it until the consistency is right, or just cook it for like 40 mins and then use food processor to make it smooth if you don't like it chunky. you can just cook it for a few hours to get that same consistency.

leek poos are the best poos

>because people here love jerking themselves off at how long they can go denying themselves basic needs and whoever starves the longest is the coolest dude.

Nah.
>What is autophagy?

I wonder if innawoods realizes we can tell he's posting even without his trip?

Your supposed to eat them

nah i'm not the tripfag I'm from /thinspo/

In patients with anorexia nervosa, autophagy appears initially protective, allowing cells to copes with nutrient deprivation. However, when starvation is critically prolonged and when body mass index reaches 13kg/m2 or lower, acute liver insufficiency occurs with features of autophagic cell death, which can be observed by electron microscopy analysis of liver biopsy samples. In acetaminophen overdose, a classic cause of severe liver injury, autophagy is induced as a protective mechanism. Pharmacological enhancement of autophagy protects against acetaminophen-induced necrosis. Autophagy is also activated as a rescue mechanism in response to Efavirenz-induced mitochondrial dysfunction. However, Efavirenz overdose blocks autophagy leading to liver cell death. In conclusion, in acute liver injury, autophagy appears as a protective mechanism that can be however blocked or overwhelmed.