Veeky Forums is there a red pill / blue pill on why lifting for aesthetics is the correct choice?

Veeky Forums is there a red pill / blue pill on why lifting for aesthetics is the correct choice?

I mean, I get it, but I need to believe it that lifting to look your greatest is greater than lifting for size or functionality.

stop posting the same le riccnmortie pic

>unironically asking for redpill
You are one retarded faggot, OP.

you will be stronger than like 90% of the planet if you lift for looks anyway. you have all the function you need to lift heavy thing in life plus pussy

it's my first time

It's entirely subjective. Why do YOU LIFT? What do YOU want to get out of it?

Any program will make you bigger AND stronger. Some programs put more emphasis on one over the other. Only you can decide for yourself what road you want to go down.

This is underscored by the fact that there are three distinct weightlifting sports: Bodybuilding (aesthetics above all else), powerlifting (strength above all else) and Olympic lifting (form and technique above all else).

nah that's the thing
it's not subjective, lifting for aesthetics is king because it delivers the most amount of pleasure
lifting to be good at a sport or to become the strongest or to become the biggest have really low success ratios anyways

Humans' entire reason for existing biologically is to have children and get them old enough to look after themselves and our biology reflects this by making us feel real fucking good when we get have sex, get mired, or whatever.
Most older people say their wedding was the best day of their life , they've never felt better.
My point being: being as happy as possible is arguably everyone's goal in life and finally getting that 10/10 qt3.14 azn gf you've always wanted will probably be the biggest source of happiness in your short life and 99% of girls want an otter mode guy with

What kind of aesthetics?

>a body that looks appealing
>lifts that appeal to you

I know that they are two different kinds of aesthics but they're both based on the choice of preference.

Do lifts that you enjoy. You'll be more motivated to progress on those. You could enjoy them because of how they feel or what they do for your body.

The real redpill is doing something that you're drawn to and want to be good at. If you get good enough at a particular lift you'll get decent aesthetics from it. Some earlier than others.

Getting good at a lift is a more versatile skill than getting aesthetic from a lift because it teaches you how to get good at other lifts. There will be small variations but the process will be mostly similar

Same reason a mediocre program that you follow religiously is better than a perfect program you neglect. See the results, enjoy, go chase more results. The pursuit of aesthetics eventually turns into a pursuit of new PRs and more careful dieting. It's not ideal; someone chasing strength will become stronger and healthier. But only demigods enjoy strength as a pursuit for its own sake. Any plan can enjoy aesthetics as the gateway drug to gains.

>implying looking strong isn't aesthetic

no it isnt

>reddit spacing
Come on, son

Strength leads to aesthetics
Aesthetics doesn't lead to strength

because just by lifting for size (correctly), you will be more than strong enough to do any real life task

brosplits with no focus on progressive overload need not apply

Getting strong won't make you aesthetic, look at zack, getting aesthetic however will get you strong.

The powerlifing/strongman retards around here haven't put in the work to realize this and just hop on when they're retarded programs or sub bitch tier level of effort in the gym doesn't pay off.

Strength training makes you look great if you're not a genelet

Literally the opposite to what you said.
Your also confusing strong with powerlifting fatties and getting fat. You don't have to get fat to get strong. You don't have to get strong to get aesthetic. If you get strong you will get aesthetic.
See pic related. Strong as fuck and aesthetic as fuck.

Drugs.
We're talking about fucking natural humans here
The men in your picture are superhumans now.
The average natural person wouldn't survive half of the workload they do on their light day.

You have to wrap your mind around the fact that drugs change the game.

Go to literally any sensible body weight strength comp and every lifter will be aesthetic.
Go to body building comps and not one of them will be as strong as someone with the same body weight.
Strength leads to looking good.
Looking good doesn't lead to strength.

>says reddit spacing
>has a reddit space
can’t make this shit up

>natural
Same applies except the strength and aesthetic people will both look similar if not the same but the strength guy will be stronger. If your natural training for strength is the best start. Obviously don't compare people the weigh different amounts.
Its just how it is, aesthetics is a bonus for strength training but strength isn't a bonus for aesthetics.

Drugs + training specificity = gains? Who knew.

Naturals can not become aesthetic without becoming strong and gaining fuck tons of strength endurance.

This is reality.
This is a fact.

>Same applies except the strength and aesthetic people will both look similar if not the same but the strength guy will be stronger. If your natural training for strength is the best start. Obviously don't compare people the weigh different amounts.
>Its just how it is, aesthetics is a bonus for strength training but strength isn't a bonus for aesthetics.

You are wrong.

I used to lift for strenght.

Then I lifted for grills and ego.

Now I lift because its simply fun.

No. To get strong your muscles have to grow. To grow muscles you don't have to get strong.

Fucking retarded.

>diddlying 5pl8 will just give you arthritis at 30 anyway
5pl8 is not even heavy, what the fuck are you talking about

its only the right choice if you care about aesthetics.
Most girls dont like it if you get to big though

You are saying the retard indians at every gym who only curl to look good cab lift more than and look better than a natural lifter training for strength at a sensible body weight.
One of us is a retard and it's not me.

Well if you're actually serious with lifting you basically have two paths: strength or aesthetics, and only one is actually useful in modern life (aesthetics)

You're saying that men that lift for aesthetics and put weight on the bar don't exist or are you too motherfucking stupid to comprehend that?

That there are other training protocols outside of babby's first powerlifting/"strength" programs?

Or is this one of those things where you realize that you don't know what the fuck you're talking about and have to pull a ridiculous fucking scenario out of your ass?

I think you need to seriously sit down and think about what you're doing.

>Well if you're actually serious with lifting you basically have two paths: strength or aesthetics, and only one is actually useful in modern life (aesthetics)

Do you understand that what people around here see as strong and aesthetic are impossible without drugs?

That to get aesthetic as a natural, you NEED to become very strong?
That you can get strong without doing low rep low set training only?

Get 2 similar height and weight beginners and put both on the same diet.
Give one a strength program and give one a aesthetics program.
At the end of however long you want they will look very similar, except one will be stronger.
Strength leads to aesthetics
Aesthetics doesn't lead to strength.
Literally take your own advice.

You people are fucking retarded, treating lifting like it's something you're supposed to stop doing.
News flash, if you stop lifting you'll lose both your strength and aesthetics. If you don't stop lifting strength and aesthetics will come, you can't have one without the other, you just gotta give it enough time.

No you won't.

(You) should read a book or something.

Joe rogan?

You can get strong without becoming aesthetic. Take a look at the SS forums.

But you can not, as a natural, get aesthetic without getting strong. It's not happening.

Because you seem mentally retarded I'll spell this out for you.
>hypertrophy is the same for strength and aesthetic groups
>strength is greater in the strength group
>strength is less in the aesthetic groups

being natty is the ultimate bluepill

and before faggots jump in with >muh health problems and >muh balding

you can just use trt doses of test and run something like equipoise or primo if androgenic side effects are giving you trouble

being natty in 2017 is like insisting on cleaning your carpets without a vacuum cleaner

You should actually show me this hypothetical situation happening in reality.
I'm genuinely curious.

They didn't control for percived exhaustion. They simply went by hard and fast numbers.
Making that kind of useless.

High weight
High rep
Done till you have a few left in the tank and RARELY till failure will have:

Equal strength gains
Greater mass gains
Strength endurance
This is fucking reality.

The only thing the low rep lifting has on higher rep is that it teaches them how to use maximal effort for a short period of time which gives them only the slightest of edge over the other group.

>studies don't mean anything because they go against my brainlet point of view
Strength leads to aesthetic
Aesthetics don't lead to strength
Literally fact.

the chinese oly lifting team is known for their usage of bodybuilding accessory work on top of their sport specific training (which is not typical of olympic lifters), see "lu raises"

so all you actually are demonstrating with that picture is that to look good, you should train like a bodybuilder

Fucking show it happening in the real world.

Everything you've been saying is based on theory with not a single solitary fucking picture or real world situation backing it up.
You barely fucking understand what I'm fucking talking about or the fact that drug use is rampant and that combined with your obvious ignorance is clouding your goddamned judgement.

Aren't you the absolute fucking RETARD who tried to use that indian curl bro lifting light weights and not lifting heavier over time like actual naturals who lift for mass do?

Overcoming resistance is not an exclusive thing to pure powerlifting/strength training you fucking moron. What are you even fucktarding on about?

Pic any sensible weight Olympic lifter from any team, they all look good, not just the chinks

Using an infograph filled with studies that you don't understand enough to put into perspective is fucking embarassing user.

This is the real world. These are the results.
Feel free to show studies showing the opposite. No one has stopped you from doing that.

Do you know what kind of workout and drugstack that guy has going or is this about race?

You are acting like the Chinese are an exception to look like that. They aren't is all im showing.

You haven't proven anything.
I have put those studies into perspective and you have not done a single goddamned thing except appeal to authority by posting them.

POST GODDAMNED REAL WORLD RESULTS OF THIS!!

You haven't proven a thing or put them into perspective. You have just gone "nah uh I think otherwise". So prove that those are wrong, show me a study saying all those studies are wrong. Put your money were your mouth is boy.

see
Now do you want to discuss this?
Or do you want to say "Show me a study that says they are wrong"

Because those studies state that someone who does a bodybuilding type workout gets comparable strength and greater mass gains to someone who does the much ballyhooed strength training reprange/workout in NOT EVEN HALF THE TIME.

And from what I've read, the "high rep" people from some of those studies were not as tired after their workout as the strength training guys.
What does that mean?

That they can put in more effort and get more total VOLUME.

Which as we all know, is what puts mass on your ass. GAINZ.

Get it?

As for your example.

Show it to me.

Show me a real world example of two natural twins doing different workouts and getting wildly different results.

I said show me. You can say whatever you want, I could say the world's flat. That doesn't mean shit. Post a study that disproves even one of those.

Ah, I see. Did you read any of the studies in that pic?
Because the devil is in the details when it comes to stuff like that.

And since it's obvious that you're going by what you've been told and not what you've personally seen or experienced...

I think it's safe to write you and this entire conversation off.

>best feeling in the world after MDMA

>babby's first roll
>mdma is the second best thing in the world

>I know better than them
Prove it. Post a study that disproves any part of them, go in show that the truth is actually your made up thoughts.
Stop making shit up and prove anything you are saying is true. You obviously know better than everyone involved post your study.
Literally do something to separate yourself from some drongo on Veeky Forums.

>All these retards posting pictures of world class olympic athletes thinking it proves their point

>all these retards saying they know better than scientific studies like it proves their point