Are dips really a bad exercise?

are dips really a bad exercise?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cMKVNTu7IU8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

see sticky shithead

The only thing I've heard of is shoulder injury, which I've never experienced from dips. I do them weighted, feel great on triceps.
>the sticky mentions it, therefore we cannot discuss it
This board is practically made for bbc.

Dips are the latest fad exercise that is being pushed because SO COOL SO HARDCORE.
They have the potential to completely fuck you up.
So do them at your dickscretion and don't ignore any pains and aches in your shoulders.

I would dip in her ass

youtube.com/watch?v=cMKVNTu7IU8

That ass is why I exercise

No, they're pretty gr8. Works triceps or chest or both depending how you angle yourself. Only genetic failures have issues with their shoulders

Dips are the original excercise, so much so that push ups used to be called reverse dips. They and chinups are hard on fatties, so they have declined in popularity.

No joke, if you can't outrun a little girl on a jungle gym you are a fatty.

The pump I get from dips is like 10x better than I get with flat bench so I prefer doing weighted dips

I love em, never had any shoulder troubles. 28yo, 210 press, 355 bench.

They're a great finisher to a bench/press workout. Pushups are too light, but hitting dips for 3x10-15 is perfect

Little kids go through the jungle gym really fast, though.

I fucking love dips. Work on your shoulder mobility a fucking lot before doing them if you're worried. I felt a bit iffy on them, did lots of mobility for 2 months came back and it was fine.

BBBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPP

>No joke, if you can't outrun a little girl on a jungle gym you are a fatty.
>tfw you couldn't do monkey bars as a kid.

Would fucking try now, but I;m afraid those won't hold an adult.

a broad bulgarian church

they're a good exercise but you really have to separate your ego

it's one of those exercises that makes it insanely easy to injure yourself if your form breaks down even a little bit, go for lighter weight higher rep ranges as a supplement to other chest exercises. That way you'll be less inclined to push yourself to a point where you're supporting the weight with your joints

>insanely easy to injure yourself if your form breaks down even a little bit, go for lighter weight higher rep ranges as a supplement to other chest exercises.

whut...?

I fucked up my shoulder doing dips. Had to do physical therapy for six months. 0/10, will not do them any more, too risky for not enough gainz.

I'm assuming he's a beginner, if you're setting a rep goal you're way less likely to suffer form breakdown over longer sets than heavy triples or heavy fives

if he knew how to properly support the weight then he wouldn't have made this thread

whoot..?

ah...you're one of those weighted dip people...

Everyone simply can not do the dips because of how they are built and injuries.
Loading up before he's experienced enough in the movement to know if it will work for him is retarded.

Go to one of the old steel ones from the 1960s. They will hold.

They will, they're made of steel...
You'd have to be one big boy to break monkey bars

I meant NOT EVERYONE can do the dips

God, i don't know what I was thinkgin.

Some people have trouble with them.

I'm 30, been lifting regularly since 16. I can no longer flat BB bench, kills my shoulders. I do dips above three pl8s for reps and don't have issues (sure, I hurt my shoulders sometimes, but that will happen on bench too).

Neutral grip DB bench varations and weighted dips worked for me at least.

It's quite common for Americans to make that mistake; I was about to correct you but you've already done it.

Eh, I loved them, then my shoulder start acting up. Now I just do decline bench

Arnold knew the weighted dip wasn't a meme.

are you people retarded?

No, they are a great exercise, but can be very detrimental if performed incorrectly. It's easy to injure yourself doing them incorrectly.

wtf Veeky Forums is a bunch of pussies scared to do dips

>implying that other exercises rarely cause injuries when done incorrectly

You guys are fucking stupid. Why do you assume people will do an exercise incorrectly? Instead of crying how dangerous dips are, you could have talked about the proper way of doing dips. Now half of Veeky Forums is brainwashed into thinking that dips are dangerous. What a fucking embarrassment.

there's nothing wrong with cautioning people about diving in haphazardly. I think it is fairly important that people understand the risk before doing any exercise, but there are some that are immediately much more dangerous than others. you really don't want to fuck around with your shoulders

If people are really scared off by that acknowledgement then they're probably too noob to properly do them anyway, not like they're absolutely vital

dips aren't vital, thats true. But you can't be too noob to properly do them. You either know the correct technique or you don't. I can take some 150lb SJW from the street and teach him in 5 minutes and he will have better form than guys who've been doing dips for 5 years.
t. used to do a lot of bodyweight workouts with an ex gymnast.

My question is should I start dipping since I eat the onions?

I do dips, but not happily... I'm 39, been using the juiciness last few years, and am currently Clomid dosing to jack the testosteroney.... and my joints fucking hate dips. I have enough muscle to support everything and not hurt myself, but dips do put a difficult strain on the tendons in the shoulders. I do them because they work... I hate them, just like I fucking hate squats, but they are a staple of being muscled.

>are dips really a bad exercise?
i've literally never heard this in my life

how DO you do them properly then?

With dips you're on the Autobahn to snap city

Dips are safer than your virginity

Haven't been on Veeky Forums long, I take it?
Weighted dips are alright.

Legs hanging relaxed, legs bend at the knee, not using full range of motion and not engaging abs are the most common mistakes. Most of the people I've met know to depress their scapula when doing dips, but do all of the above mistakes.

A proper dip goes all the way up and all the way down.
Legs are straight and together. Pointing down or forwards, not back, not bent. The further forward your legs are the harder the dip.
Abs engaged, meaning you must do dips with a Posterior Pelvic tilt aka hollow body.
And everybody knows that the scapulae have to be depressed in order to avoid shoulder injury and elbows in, in order to target the triceps.

Minor stuff is pointing your toes and attempting to squeeze your hands together at the top of the movement.

About injury, I shouldn't be too worried if I do them without weights right? I mean you can tell when it's hurting in a bad way.

Dips are op as fuck, just make sure you train to stabilize and balance your shoulders. Another thing nobody is talking about is the potential to crack your sternum. If you start feeling pain or popping in your sternum from dips, change your form so there's more emphasis on your triceps and not your chest. Some peoples chest can simply not handle the workload.

would put my hand upon her hip

Why are faggots always saying you need to be super careful with this exercise and that exercise because you can hurt you shoulders when I know you faggots let your ego get the better of you on flat bench press which is an exercise that is actually hard on your shoulders

Made for BBC

No but pushups are generally superior. Dips might fuck your shoulders eventually.

Hurt my sternum and shoulders under heavy loads. There are other more safe exercises that will grant the same if not better results.