Lies

How come everybody on Veeky Forums claims they deadlift 3 plate easily when I rarely ever seen anyone in real life deadlift more than 2 plate?

>inb4 small sample size

I have lived in 3 major cities and a member at 4 or 5 big gyms in the past 5 years. Still rarely saw anyone deadlift more than 225lbs. But apparently on Veeky Forums someone brand new to lifting should be able to deadlift 2 plate in a 2 months...

i deadlift 4 plates :^)

You probably only went to normie-gyms.

By "pl8" do we mean 1 25lbs plate? So "2pl8" means 50lbs on each side of the bar?

That's a nice pic of Furious Pete.

Weird. I wonder if maybe people make stuff up on the internet?
Probably not.
6'4" 700lb diddly master race btw.

baka

>Veeky Forums claims

I unironically could deadlift 2pl8 within a couple of months, probably 2 or 3 max, and I have shit genetics. 2pl8 is the bare minimum you have to lift to for it to even be considered weight. Anything less than that is actually negative weight. 3pl8 is slightly harder to achieve but really not that hard. I got it in about 8 months I think. The only reason you don't see people doing heavy deadlifts is because they're scared.

>I unironically could deadlift 2pl8 within a couple of months
>could
Lmao what?

I've literally just started SS and I can DL 290lb so pretty much anyone who lifts ought to be able to this

pl8 always means 45

you should be deadlifting 3 plates within your first 3 months... 2 plate is literally 2 weeks in

thats entirely unrealistic. inb4 weak I deadlift 520 after two years of dedicated lifting. there is no fukcing way you can develop the form required to properly pull 315 in 3 months.

Veeky Forums is full of the most jacked Chad's on the internet, that's why everyone can lift at least 1/2/3/4 after 6 months here :^)

90% of non-dyels can pull 3 pl8, it's just that there is no real point in going that heavy unless you train for strength.

Just improve your from, control the weight; you can get pretty far with 225 diddly

I could deadlift 2pl8 within a few months
I was able to deadlift 2pl8 within a few months
After a few months, I could deadlift 2pl8
Within a short timeframe, a 2pl8 deadlift was possible for me
After a few months, I had deadlifted 2pl8

can confirm. if your goals arent strength related there is no point in going beyond 3 plates. increase weight when you can rep 315 for working sets of 8

I'm aiming to reach that weight at the end of this month (third month of SS)

Deadlifting 2pl8 for reps might take longer, but being able to deadlift 2pl8 at least once shouldn't take longer than 2-3 weeks I think.

Everyone's different, I could do 3 plate deadlift after like 2.5 months but it took me a year to get 2 plate bench... 1 plate OHP took even longer

my apologies dont let me discourage you, congrats man. it also depends on starting weight. i was 140 when i started so maybe my comment was off base

I hit 140kg three months in, my form was god awful though. Haven't really done diddly since.

No problem at all, mate. I was also 140lb but 160lb now
Making great progress

are you retarded boy?

a 45lbs plate.

2plate=225lbs in total

> These weak fucks are the ones giving fitness advice

kek

That's the truth. It's cool to hit milestones and all that but what's really important is improving yourself and hitting personal goals

You're going to entry level scam gyms.
Go to a barbell gym.

I'm have hit 1pl8 OHP and 2pl8 bench after 4 months, but my squat is barely better than my bench and my deadlift sucks too.

how is 2 plates 225 lbs if it's 45 lbs

even 90 + 90 is only 18.. oh the bar

ok thx

3pl8 is really not that much. That was my 1rm when I started deadlifting, and I'm an old, fat guy.

i bet your form was absolute dog shit.

On the 2pl8 deadlift yeah it was. On 3pl8 no, my form had improved a lot by then.

shit my man 20 pounds in three months? GOMAD?

you absolute retard

Because at normie gyms only a small portion of people do any serious lifting. Completely depends on the demographics. But most people over 35 in a gym are just trying not to be fat. Big lifts intimidate people. Tons of people just sit at machines and do some light cardio.

here we go! the E-Stats begin!

>Bailys PowerHouse
>Golds Gym
>Small mom/pops bodybuilding gym

nope.

I do go to a normie commercial gym (allbeit a high-end one), and we have like one guy who ever does 3pl8. I always go from 4am-6am though, so it's always the same crowd.

I'm making good progress, not far from 315. Grip is starting to fail after a couple reps though, and I feel like this is too low of a weight to warrant straps.

Yes. Most of the weight came during the first month and then I went down to 3 litres so I wouldn't get fat just yet

jujimufu's skinny 65 year old cardio fag father deadlifted over 2pl8 the first time he ever tried. 2pl8 is babbyweight

Are you doing double overhand? 3 plate is about where I switched over to mixed, so you might try that

with mixed grip should you switch hands every rep or something? I always feel like it puts significantly more strain on one side than the other

Ol fatty user putting up big weight

>why does this internet board dedicated to fitness that is primarily focused on weight lifting have a higher percentage of people who can lift big than some random normie gym?

I do. I don't know if it really matters but I figure better safe than sorry.

started at 135x5, got 225 almost immediately, 315 in a few months, 405 in 8 months, 500 in about 2 years @ 17 years old and around 190lbs

the secret to deadlifting is to just have really long arms

SL5x5 starts out at a 95lbs and adds 10lbs a workout. You deadlift 3 times in a 2 wk period so that's 60lbs a month.

I did mixed grip until 345 for reps and jacked up my shoulder. I'd keep to overhand and buy straps, but others have lifted mixed grip without issue

>counting the bar
Never gonna make it

Well I deadlift 4 plates for 5 by 5s as part of my routine. It's really nothing that impressive.
I bet if you pushed yourself you'd be surprised with your abilities, and there's nothing like that back/ass pump.
Go and lift heavy. Probably some people on this board are lying but plenty of people deadlift four or five plates, it's not that amazing. Barely intermediate I'd say, I don't compete or train with a coach I'm just a hobby lifter and it took me maybe a year and a half to get there.

Exactly my point. ONE person.

more e-stats! Love it.

It's probably a good idea. But I also read from someone reputable (forgot who but it was an actual lifter not some Veeky Forums tard) that so long as you're doing heavy rows it shouldn't be a problem.

>benches 135 on the Smith Machines at Planet Fitness
>Whole gym stops their spin cycle class and whips their phones out, livestreaming to InstaChat
>screaming from Normies as user pushes a rep
>omg ur so strong :D I can't do a chinup :D
>user ascends to godhood

>godhood

Are you retarded?

I'm living proof this is possible with the right dedication.
I've been lifting just under two months now, and I'm already at 3.4 plates.
Even been on a cutting diet of 2000 Kcal the entire time
Starting stats
>5'8"
>180 lb 20-25 something BF
Now
>170 lb 8-10 BF

Been doing strength the entire time, Arnold split, 6 times a week for 2-3 hours. Haven't missed more than a couple of days.

I've jumped my Kcal to maintain, expecting further loss of BF as my weight will increase.

>I rarely ever seen anyone in real life deadlift more than 2 plate
Is this serious? I could dl 2pl8 the very first time I deadlifted, as a 140lb dyel at that.
I don't dl anymore, but 3pl8 isn't even that hard. The hardest part is building enough grip strength to be able to double-overhand it.

lol are you fucking serious? 2 plate after two months, 3 plate after EIGHT indicates his form was shitty? how weak are you?

OP is correct.

Been lifting for almost 13 years now. First, I saw hardly anyone ever dead highschool through college.

Since I've been a member of 7 gyms, 10 counting climbing gyms with lifting areas.

Deadlifting became super popular. In Grad school the gym ran out of bars.

I saw tons of two plate and change lifters. Three plates was pretty rare, like 4/30 guys I saw regularly pulled 3 for reps.

My current gym it's also rare, seen one person pulling three+.

>fishing for (You)s this hard

I have been lifting religiously for 40 years in gyms all around the world from wooden shacks where people lifted stick and rocks to high-tech palaces in Saudi Arabi with gold plated barbells and horse treadmills and I have literally never seen one single person do anything that even resembled a deadlift and I highly doubt anyone actually does this in real life

>I'm a fat piece of shit
>only been going to the gym since august
>Spent nearly 2 months doing physio and building range of motion
>It's been 4 months and I can deadlift 1 plate
>There are guys at my gym that can dead 4 plate
>we don't even have a platform, it's a very normie gym
>I also go to a meat head gym
>No one is ever doing cardio
>even the women are on gear
>some days there are 15+ people in the 8x10 steam room
>you can't even find a 45 during peak hours
So op, is it fun to stay at the YMCA?

>I always go from 4am-6am though,
Fucking hell when do you go to bed?

When I started lifting I could DL 2 plates by my second deadlift session. I played a little bit of sports in highschool but I was far from a star athlete. It really isn't that hard. I suppose my body type gives me an advantage though (short femurs, long arms). I could still reach 1/2/3/4 within a year even though the deadlift and squat came long before the press and bench

OP calling e-stats on everyone ITT who claims to have DLed lmao3plaet after 3-4 months of lifting is hilarious. If you're a generally healthy male and you can't rep 225 after two months of lifting, either 1. you're starting from true

go to a powerlifting gym and you won't see less than 2pl8 buddy

not e-stats bucko

Photoshopped. You can tell by the pixels

Like 830 or 9

>How come everybody on Veeky Forums claims they deadlift 3 plate easily when I rarely ever seen anyone in real life deadlift more than 2 plate?

Stop going to normie family gyms, and a 3 pl8 DL isn't that hard or uncommon of a lift.

>he fell for the natty lifting meme
Lol have fun being dyel while I pin and look like a Greek God in 6 months

this is why Veeky Forumsizens can lift more than people you see at the gym. They're goddamn aspies who latch onto lifting like a mothers teet. This guys spends 12-18 hours a week in the gym. Assuming you work full time and get 8 hours of sleep at night that means about 1/4 of your free time is spent at the gym.

The majority of people have no idea what their potential is. When shit starts to get heavy they quit because theyre scared or because they dont feel there is a reason to continue.

If you had never seen anyone but the huge dudes at the gym diddlying 4pl8 you would assume you couldnt do it and 2.5pl8 isnt bad. On Veeky Forums we have the knowledge and programming to pull 4pl8 in under a year.

Man, I was in grad school two years ago and deads were the fucking thing. The dead area got packed everyday.

After awhile, you recognize to regulars who go during your time. So I saw the same people doing deads, some for over two years. Very few 3pl8ers. I mean, yeah, you'd see guys hitching up 3pl8 for 1, but basically no one going above it for reps.

Eeeeeeeeeeeee-statsssss.

>Trying your best at something you enjoy is being an aspie
What a pathetic train of thought

>Barely intermediate I'd say,

What is the word to describe this type of thought process/belief?

im one of the smallest people in my uni gym (nowhere near the weakest though.)and dl 3.25 pl8s (T. lanklet). i love deadlifts desu

(You) x2

if you're not getting paid for it then spending a quarter of your free time on it is pretty fucking aspie. I'd say the same thing about reading/video games/drinking/etc

Try being a little more well rounded. 6 hours a week in the gym should be more than enough for anyone who isn't making money off of it or trying to make money off of it

excluding people that dont train/eat/programme properly, and people under 21, 4 plates, or 180kg, is intermediate(not borderline though)

What is.
>varying height and weight
>body composition
>history with exercise/sport
>levels of dedication/caring about lifting heavy
>access to trainer/quality lifting knowledge

I swear you tards must think every person in the world is a scrawny manlet that stepped into the gym to exercise for the first time at 26.

Y’all are retarded

what if you love it ?

8/10 bait

I love drinking. I love movies. I love working out. I don't spend a quarter of my total free time doing those things cause I'm not a goddamn aspie and realize that I should probably do a variety of things instead of spending an inordinate amount of time doing just one or a few

I could deadlift 2pl8 within my first month of lifting. Not e-statting at all, I remember because I only started in October. Plenty of athletes can do it with ease. Your gym is full of scrubs.

and diet

its called free time for a reason. i go to the gym with friends so it's a social thing as well. do whatever the fuck you like that makes you a better person

>reeee stop doing what i dont like
Seriously user, you need atleast 69 hobbies to be well rounded.

>Veeky Forums seriously doubts people can pull 2 pl8 after a couple months
Are we actually THIS infested with soyboys??

2pl8 (100kg) is pretty easy, you can get to it quickly.

eg. if you were starting Stronglifts 5x5 (a fairly common beginners strength program) it recommends you start at 40kg 1x5 and add 5kg every session until you hit 100kg, 2.5kg a session after that.

Doing DL every other workout, approx. 3 times every two weeks that means it'll take 60kg/5kg=12 workouts. 12/1.5= 8 weeks, so a little under two months - and you'll keep making gains on SL for about 6 months if you're doing it right.

About 10 weeks after that to hit 3pl8.

I deadlifted 295 my first time. Shit form but it came up. All the athletes I know could deadlift anywhere from 2 to 4 plates their first time.

I'm just guessing from what I've seen people put up in competitions and around me. There's always a few people in each gym I go to who are stronger than me but never that many.

Can someone explain to me why I started at a 300lb deadlift my first set after buying an Olympic barbell? I mean I'm in no way DYEL, I've been lifting recreationally since HS but never high weight compounds as ive never had a spotter. I had a job in assembly for chevy but I didn't regularly lift engines or transmissions.

kek

>negative weight

believe the first part. the second part doesn't make any sense. what do you consider an athlete? like football or rugby players that have been playing for years maybe but anyone else no. 4 plates first time is barely possible for the top 1% of lifters

Im this anonMy 1rm then was 435, I'm curious as well.

A decent amount of people deadlift even at the shitty cheap commercial gym I use. Once you get the form down it's way easier to add weight while deadlifting than benching, I hit 365 deadlift like 4 months before I could do 2pl8 bench for 3 reps

My brothers first day in the gym had him DL 3 pl8s

Not hard

85 kg IIRC, but yeah, he's old and literally never lifted before

>How come everybody on Veeky Forums claims they deadlift 3 plate easily when I rarely ever seen anyone in real life deadlift more than 2 plate?
Dude, I am a total fucking novice and I can deadlify more than 2 plate what the fuck is wrong with your gym?