Face Pulls

Could some one explain the benifits of this exercise?
Is it useful for Hypertrophy?
Do i need to do it if i do alot of rows?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=MiRAi2KOfRQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

do not ever do face pulls like that

idk people say its good for shoulder health so i just chuck them in randomly twice a week

Fixes posture, prevents shoulder injury, helps with form on compounds.

I always do 3 sets of 20 with low/medium weight at the end of every single workout.

Do em at head level, right?

Good for shoulder mobility and posture
Also builds your rear delts
Might as well do them, rows usually aren't enough

Why not?

Also, what's the issue with that method?

I heard it also builds the side Delts abit is that true?

good for rear delts

>Could some one explain the benifits of this exercise?
Direct work for all those muscles between the traps and Lats, which many compounds can't work properly
>Is it useful for Hypertrophy?
Yes to some extent, most muscles it works aren't that visible, aside from rhomboids, but those muscles are very important to shoulder health
>Do i need to do it if i do alot of rows?
It is a nice addition they are easy to do and to recover from.
The traps would hinder optimal activation from other tiny muscles, and doing it that way can cause some shoulder issues depending on how you shoulder is built

Face pulls, done correctly, will hit that often neglected rear deltoid muscle of the shoulder. While most push movements will hit the front and middle deltoid, the rear is really activated more during a pulling motion. That picture is bad form. Correctly done face pulls also will not need a lot of weight for you to feel the muscle activation.

>Is it useful for Hypertrophy?
yes definitely. I only do face pulls for my rear delts and now if I slouch a bit you can see a 3d effect going on my delts with separation between the middle and rear delts.

Facepulls in my experience have always been a great remedy for shoulder impingement. 10lbs on the cable for 5 sets of 15 slow and controlled help get those little tweaks out and makes my shoulder feel very mobile. Would recommend doing it every workout.

posture, rear delts etc etc like other anons said

the most important thing is it is NOT an egolift
low weight, slow, controlled reps, full rom

does hand position matter senpai?

Yes, hold the rope like you would hold a barbell for curls

so not like or

used to be a single khv NEET with bad posture but ever since ive started doing pull ups im banging chicks left and right and got a 300k a year job. also my back is now straight as an arrow

This is correct:This is not:It's tough to visualize but the ends of the rope should be on the thumb side of the hand and the thumbs should be able to point backward over the shoulders.

Full range of motion. Guy in OP is stopping about half way. You should finish in basically a double biceps pose.

Yes.

here: youtube.com/watch?v=MiRAi2KOfRQ

This, high reps is more important than weight. I usually do 2-5x20

Added them to my program since I have a lot of trouble keeping my back tight on bench press and squat. Doing 3x12 every Monday. I can only attach the rope higher than my head, no head level attachment, is there a problem with that?

Not optimal, but acceptable.