How many of you do this sketch resonate with?

How many of you do this sketch resonate with?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ukf-BZzX4oM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

MDE is trash

how the fuck are you going to ask a question about a sketch without posting a link?

Thought it was Marilyn Monroe from the thumbnail.

Zero
Don’t agree but Sam Hyde disgusts me

Most young men, which is why it caught so many people off guard since they write MDE off as absurd /pol/ comedy. They do have flashes of real brilliance.
>GO TO BED FOREVER

What is this from

Million Dollar Extreme, one of the few "serious" sketches they did
youtube.com/watch?v=Ukf-BZzX4oM

am I stupid if I have no idea what this is trying to get at?

People get swallowed up by the system?

The character's apathy didn't stick out to you?

Didn't really have much of an impact on me but the Jews really hated this one.

I always liked the hockey wife sketch.

I don't get it. Seems like the guy just never cared what happened to him

It wasn't apathy. He was just denying reality and lying to himself.

I related to the teacher one more :(

He's in a fucked up situation but is willfully living in delusion that it's no problem. Says that none of it is real, "snake eyes!" before the dice even land. Then he sees his house destroyed after 15 years and realizes it's been his real life all along and breaks down.

glad I wasnt the only one.

FPBP

That was my favorite too, it gets funnier every time I watch it, how Sam's more concerned with nitpicking Nick's story than his wife bleeding on the ground

Semantics. If you understand the character's motive then the sketch makes sense.

low test

I'm not really old enough for it to resonate to be honest.
I worry that it will one day though, I feel like it's the sort of thing you don't realise until it's too late.

Dude i am 18 and i get real fucking nervous by it. I mean it's probably the most horrifying thought that exists. Waking up 20 years from now and realizing that you did nothing. You did nothing at all. Like most other people. Could have been in prison. No difference.

not identifying with it at all then.

Pretty hard. I've lived most of my life in a state of delusion. I have so many areas of my life that demand improvement, but I often brush them aside.
This sketch is the culmination of 20 years of apathy and indifference.

Brainlet here. No idea what's going on in the video, reading this thread didn't help. Will try again in the morning.

So just get your midlife crisis out of the way now. Most people don't even realize they're worthless nobodies until age 40 or so.

Try rewatching it, it's genuinely a great skit. Think in terms of how people often ignore the paths their lives are going down because they don't want to face the uncomfortable reality.
>man is dismissive to the cop because he doesn't think it's real
>tells the judge he's not serving any time because he doesn't think it's real
>willing to gamble another 10 years on a dice roll because it means nothing to him
>totally nonchalant when he loses
>shrugs off attempted murder, assumes it's just guys playing around
>gets released, is dismissive to guard like nothing just happened
>sees his house in ruins
>realizes those 15 years were real and can never be gotten back
>COP KILLERRRR
What if you look back in 15 years and see that your level of accomplishment/growth is the same as if you'd been in prison all that time?