So with the new years right around the corner why not instead of a resolutions thread let's have a thread about our...

So with the new years right around the corner why not instead of a resolutions thread let's have a thread about our accomplishments of 2017 and what we have to be proud of.

You do have accomplishments to be proud of this year right...?

>reached 1/2/3/4 (1x5)
>achieved my goal body of 190lbs of somewhere in between otter mode and athletic
>achieved the US army rangers recommended PT scores
>ran a marathon
>inherited a house from grandparents and am renovating it into my dream house (have 2 childhood bro roommates so expenses are dirt cheap and can renovate with money I would be spending living alone)
>cooked through Julia Child's cookbook in it's entirety as well Gordon Ramsay's 100 recipes to stake your life on
>got my CSCC certification as well as NASM PT certification. Signed up for the starting strength seminar in february
>amassed 13 full time PT clients
>achieved goal of banging 15 new females this year including 2 turbo milfs (thanks bumble...)
>finished my Veeky Forums reading list
>made some good investments and am currently flush with cash
>able to buy everyone in my family really great christmas presents this year (christmas is a big deal in my family)

So how was your year bros?

Teach me how to be you.

Oh wait, 190lbs and ottermode, that means you're very tall. I can never be you. Oh well.

Well I haven't killed myself this year, so theres that

6'1

Baby steps are still steps user :^)

>5'9"
gg

Benched 3 wheels for the first time in my life this year. Was pretty awesome.

>190lbs
>ottermode
How much of a lanklet are you?

Why dont you quit worrying about the fact that you're average height and start doing above average things user...

Nice babe

>>achieved goal of banging 15 new females this year

I'm interested in doing this for 2018, tell me more

>1 client
That was a mistake, don't fuck where you work...
>6 through bros
One is in med school and we have his post test parties at the house. Current fwb is also a second year med student.
>1 friend of client
That actually worked out and we were going to date, but our schedules were too hectic.
>the rest through bumble.
The 2 turbo milfs were on there. There's also way less fucking around on that app as far as sex is concerned IMO...IF you are somewhat attractive and have your shit together. I do consider myself pretty above average as far as looks go though...

Other than that.
>just bee urself

Am neet and finally got a job.

>First long term, full time job
>Finally lost weight after several big attempts over the last 5 years or so
>Sticking to a monthly budget nine months running
>100% completed Shadow Warrior

Consciously looking at my situation in the abstract it seems like I'm poised to have a really good next couple years, even though subjectively it feels like I'm just a better piece of garbage in the same old dump.

Lost 50lbs
Got another job
Made some investment decisions
Make more money these days than ever before
Have a nice comfy life, but I want something more than living alone and constantly living like this

I quit going to the gym btw, so that;s something I need to work on for 2018

>Switched major to computer engineering
>Got into first relationship
>Worked out the entire year

>Got a free house
No amount of hard work can replicate that. Feels sad man but congrats, mirin

>Subtle ChadPosting

What do you say to em

i admitted i was an alcoholic and sought help
i will be 61 days sober by the end of the year
i began lifting

that's about it as far as 2017 successes go

Work hard and build one so your kids can know this feel.

>be direct
>practice active listening (chicks really respond well to that...)
>stop texting them and start making actual physical plans to communicate with them
>don't have any expectations...at all.
>learn how how to be genuinely interesting
>if you're not interesting, do more interesting things, learn more interesting skills, and read more interesting things
>everyone has the ability to be at least a 7.5/10 on the normie scale as far as physical beauty is concerned. Strived to maximize yourself
>don't fucking talk about politics and religion jesus fucking christ

I'm proud of you bro

IM AT YOUR HOUSE LIKE WHY U GOT YOUR COUCH ON MY CHUCKS

>consistent lifting the whole year
>lost 35 lbs only starting late august
>lifts went up
>look and feel a million times better
>more outgoing, actually had conversations with women
>defined goals, have a plan and a vision of what i want my life to be like
>starting to move away from video games and developing new interests
>began my spiritual journey
>have a phone interview for a job next monday after a friend recommending me

it was a great year lads, even though its not a resolution thread, had to keep it going, for next year

>continue spiritual journey
>continue to cut vidya from interests
>read more
>talk with people more
>follow and cultivate new interests
>get some experience
>final phase of new school plan

>lost about 10 lbs of straight body fat since i started lifting this year
> was 150 now about 140 much skinnier and more muscular looking 5’10
> i now have visible abs and am pretty vascular especially my arms
> 18 btw
> got my first girlfriend even though it didnt last i was really happy since i never talked to girls throughout highschool
> have a steady job and am making alright money (still live with parents) so it all goes to my bank account
> quit smoking weed
> overall mich happier with my life, was pretty depressed before and i can say i dont absolutely loath myself as much as i did before
> things looking pretty good for my future i think, just gotta figure out what i want to do with my life

what is 1/2/3/4

lurk moar

2017 might actually be one of the low points of my life due to shit that happened in 2016.

BAD
>was lifting for 6 months straight in 2016 and lost 25lbs then mom died in dec 2016 which caused me to fall off the horse, regain all the weight, and basically struggle to have a meaning gym plan most of 2017
>mom dying made me an independent on taxes so I've been out of school for 6 months getting my financial aid shit figured out since I can't use the FAFSA site bc I have no parents
>lost most my gains and gained 25lbs

GOOD
>started changing my eating habits in oct and have lost almost 15lbs now and it's still going good
>moved out with room mates
>started working 30-40hrs a week and will start raking in sweet dough

overall this years been pretty shit but I'm making sure 2018 is my year. I'm gonna lose 80lbs and get the fucking body I want, I'm rejoining the gym as soon as I start getting my big checks from my new hours, and I'll most likely be back in school in march. Also waiting 1-2 more months to finally get accepted to a clinic I've been on a waiting list for for 5 months. Then I can see a therapist, get checked out for this weird sleep problem where I'm always exhausted, and maybe get help for my depression.

I'm excited to reply to a thread like this in 1 year from now with my goal body achieved and a lot of my life sorted out. Next holidays are gonna be great. 2018 will be my year.

- Stayed alcohol/drug free.
- Became a father.
- Quit smoking/vaping.
- Was of service to my church and other people.
- Reconnected with family members.
- Paid back some debts.
- Finished my DUI classes and got my license back.
- Bought some new clothes and tools
-Spent more time at the gym learning and working out even though I fell off for a couple months, I'm back now.

Cons
Only.banged 3 girls this year, all 6 out of 10 or below. Oh well.

I've lurked for nearly 2 weeks but I still don't know

do it for ur mom m8, she would love it

>Moved out of motherland and I am earning 3 times more what I would
>End up saving -1500
>That's right, I spend so much I took out of my savings

Been living like a king lads, grew a lot as a person and I am now on my own.
Fixing my imperfections one by one and next year I'm going to try to make it as a model.
Life is good

not really worth knowing.

they're numbers of plates.

a plate is 45 lbs or 20 kg.

it goes on the end of a 45 lb or 20 kg olympic barbell. the number denotes how many plates on each end of the barbell.

1/2/3/4 refers to the number of plates on a bar for overhead press (1 plate or 135 lbs), bench press (2 plate or 225 lbs), squat (3 plate or 315 lbs), and deadlift (4 plate or 405 lbs).

it's a common early goal for men starting lifting.

the goal is to do one rep with that weight

God damn that quote is powerful. I feel like that shit should be plastered everywhere poor people exist.

Good on you, user. I just quit after 5 or 7 years of heavy drinking in October. Had to have drugs from the doc and everything due to DTs. Not really worried about counting the days myself, however. The 2 days I spent in the hospital scared me enough to never drink again (hopefully).

Also in 2017, I got a job that isn't bad and I'm finally flirting with some girls. That's a huge change from 2016, where I literally sat around drinking and rarely left my house for anything but food and beer with no contact at all from... almost anyone.

Ive lost almost 15lbs since october. It feels good, I cant wait to see where I'll be this time next year.

>went to the gym semi-consistently since march.
for the first time in my life I don't hate my body.
>Quit soda completely.
I don't count energy drinks as """soda""", but one of my goals for 2018 is to quit those too.
>Quit chips and garbage completely
My last cheeto was in july.
>Have almost achieved my goal of reading 12 books this year.
>Learned to program python
but stopped because I don't need to know that shit.
>Switched majors to Business Marketing
>Dropped out of college
>Started a business (almost)
>Have all the groundwork set up so that on Jan 1. I can start making money.

This year felt like the year I went from being a little boy to being a man; and in 2017 I laid all the groundwork for 2018 to be a killer year.

>lost my virginity to a 8/10 and have fucked her twice a day for a solid 2 months, still seeing her now but she's not really girlfriend material, ugly ugly personality. Madly in love with me though.
>went to my first nightclub, I've been out three times and made out with a different girl each time, still only fucked the one though, I see how easy it is for me though being 6'3 and handsome, it's insane
>had an internship with a prestigious company, hated the fuck out of it though

For a former degenerate loner mess it's pretty good desu, I'm still only 21 too so the only way is up. I've got 7k saved and 5 months off university too (electronic engineering), so I'm going to solo travel and possibly try to get a modeling career portfolio going on the side. I want to put on weight too, I'm at 155lbs, want to get to 180lbs at least. Also want to completely separate from my shitty parents. I've learned that in reality a man is always alone, so it comes as an easy decision.

> - Became a father.
> - Was of service to my church and other people.
>Only.banged 3 girls this year, all 6 out of 10 or below.

those implications...I don't know whether to congratulate you or not.

You can be ottermode at 190lbs at a whopping 6'2 easy

Achievements:
>passed both semesters at uni (EE degree) with 70% average
>lost 35kg (~80lbs)
>got a great job which pays really well and allows me to study
>cut contact with french succubus who was destroying my LTR

Failures
>didn't achive 80% course average for degree, which makes getting Honours so much harder
>didn't get summer engineering internship, possibly due to poor grades
>still think often of that french succubus, miss her a lot

Undetermined
>study abroad application fucked up by the uni (they nominated me for the wrong course) will hopefully receive an out come in the next 7 days.

its anti-reality i wish idiots would post it to. building muscle is nothing like building enough wealth to escape bad genes and luck

I lost the last 25lbs for a total of 70lbs since I started my weight loss journey by finally tracking my calories, and started my first clean bulk. I also finished my country's equivalent of high school at age 26, because I never did it when I was a teenager, and I wanted to have at least that. I don't think either one is something to be particularly proud of, but those were my goals for 2017 and at least I managed to reach them.

>don't fucking talk about politics and religion jesus fucking christ
Had a girl who did this. Absolutely insufferable about it too. I'M RIGHT AND EVERYONE HAS TO KNOW IT BECAUSE THE PEOPLE WHO DISAGREE ARE HOLDING THE WORLD BACK REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IF YOU DON'T WANT TO TALK POLITICS YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM

Jesus Christ bitch shut the fuck up

Interesting thread OP, a lot of crap has happened this year but i did achieve quite a few things regardless
>lost my virginity before i before i turned 20
>went to a lot of concerts and had a great time, I'm never stepping foot into a nightclub ever again after witnessing the energy of a live band
>got accepted into the college i wanted
>didn't really make any substantial gainz but I'm still very happy with my physique
>became awesome bros with a classmate in and out of the gym
That's about it, fingers crossed I'll be succesful in uni and find a qt gf and that's pretty much all i can ask for, I'm looking forward to see what 2018 has in store for me
We're all gonna make it brahs

Three years ago I was 240 lbs and couldn't do a pullup

>Diet down to 210 buy eating once a day for about a year
>I mean a turkey sandwich a day not a pizza or some shit
>Go off to college
>230 again fuck
>To scared of social interaction to go to one of 3 gyms on campus
>Nobody used them, but someone might see me and just that was/is scary
>Smoke pot and play counterstrike instead of eating
>Look like a heroin zombie
>Down to 220lbs though so o don't mind the random numbness and mood swings
>Get a ok job after school
>My boss makes me take lunch breaks
>Even buys me a sandwich a few times
>When I don't eat for a few days I guess I go all multiple personalities
>Start referring to myself as "we" when I'm like this and I say nigger alot
>Started getting more stable and no more random numbness after a few months
>Still 220lbs and ugly
Now it's 2017
>Get very sick
>Still undiagnosed
>Fits of uncontrollable vomiting and shaking
>Can't even keep sip of water down
>Just vomit dark yellow bile when I'm empty
>Loose 10lbs in 2 days every time this happens
>Godkillmeithurts
>Now 165-170lbs
>Eating a few small meals a day
>On 50mg Omeprazole
>Haven't got sick in about a month
>Haven't killed myself
>"We" hasn't been around to my knowledge
>Started to actually believe I might have a chance of making it
>This is a strange feel, never tried to believe in myself before
>Come to Veeky Forums a little while ago to learn
>Learn I probably am developing diabetes due to some other medical shit

I've been trying some basic body stuff because no gym for 60 miles. Usually I just kinda ball up and cry on the floor about half way through. I might buy some weights for Christmas

Great idea for a thread OP.
Nothing much but

>lost 80 lbs after ex left me in July, in better shape than when I met her at this point in time
>been lifting heavier weights than ever, never had a training partner(though it would be great to have one)
>been kicking ass, sticking to my diet despite being bombarded by chances to cheat on it
>qt's have been actually hitting on me lately
>got out of my dead end production job at a boeing supplier
>didn't have a complete fucking collapse when my ex left me, cried for a day or two but have been going to the gym every day since. 134 days so far
>fucking aced my chemistry this year
>met some really fucking cool people, while cutting out some leaches
>at the beginning of the year had crippling anxiety and fear of health after an injury, rebounded harder than ever and have little to none of the anxiety I had

2018 is going to be fucking great, and this year we're all gonna make it guys.

>Honorable discharge from SoF unit
>Successfully completed rehab for injuries sustained over the years, back to good fighting form
>Finished off the final 4 papers of my University degree
>Broke up with abusive ex
>Got a new girlfriend
>Broke up with new girlfriend because I realized I wanted more in life and not to settle
>Hit 1.5/2.5/3.5/4.5 and on track for 2/3/4/5 in time
>Got a job with the government in Intelligence & Security division

Most of all:

>Managed to be happy for once in my life

Nice dude holy shit.

>started running again in addition to lifts going up
>on track to hit 1/2/3/4 after a few more months of grinding
>got over ex, feel vindicated after she talked to me again but not gonna talk to her till she does first
>good af friends, some of which are much happier than a year ago
>med school apps goin alright, waitlisted but I have good feelings
>picked up surfing
>used to hanging out with girls again
>gonna talk to the qt on saturday
>parents happy for me and have noticed my maturation as well

2018 is gonna be a fucking great year lads

>Went from obese to normal weight, I'm well on my way to 10% bf, gonna reach it before new year no prob at this rate
>60kg OHP x 8 reps
>140kg squat for 4 reps with good form
>started dating an introverted qt 3.14 that confessed I was her first kiss and her virgo is intact
>6 plate snatch grip rack pull for 5 sec
>150kg x 2 sumo diddy

I know the lifts are not impressive but coming back from an injury feels great, not to mention bodyweight to lifted weight ratio shifting positively is a wonderful feeling.

>drastically reduced my level of drinking
>been consistently working out since February
>figured out what I need to do with my life
>took a full load of classes and did better than expected
>read about 1 book/week
>started writing philosophical essays in my spare time
>started writing a novel in spare time
>got off the nightshift after being stuck for years

Regrets:
>sold all my bitcoin at 1k
>moderately socially avoidant
>tfw no gf

All in all, I think I've had the best year of my life so far.

Goal for next year:
>get gf

Any advice on how to do that? I'm incredibly lonely.

ive achieved nothing this year apart from be even more suicidal because ive gambled all my btc away

Good job, bro. You might want to consider bulking up though unless you're particularly short and that's a good weight to be at.

im also a DYEL virgin desu

>get gf
here be dragons mate. Work on developing an insular social circle instead

So what, like join a club and network with people?

>Moved out of parent's house.
>Dated a girl for a few months after a couple years of being kissless/ handholdless.
>Finished first year of Uni (didn't do so great but first year is done nonetheless)
>Got back into working out, increased pullups from 0 to 5, pushups from 0 to 8.

Not too bad, gonna keep climbing that mountain in 2018. Hope you all have a great year aswell.

there's always next year

Today's been a boring year with progress coming slowly but it's definitely an improvement from last year, although last year successes hit me like a brick in the face. Next year will be bomb when I get my BA next December and can move onto CS post-bacc spring 2019.
>Have had sex 8 times. Much less than last year, but at least my partner this year is someone who treats me with respect and kindness, someone reliable and honest who won't break my heart out of sheer carelessness/alcoholism. A sober person.
>Last year I was anorexic/bulimic with lowest BMI being 16. Recovered this year thanks to Veeky Forums and the local YMCA. I like the look of a low BMI but hate the irrational nature of eating disorders. So last week, out of pure self-restraint and mainly the urge to save money I hit a BMI of 17.5. I'm proud of myself for doing this while maintaining emotional stability.
>Watched one work rival quit this year. I knew she would, but it was still gratifying. Am working on another one. My work ethic is infallible and the lazy will get what they deserve.
>Halfway through my BA with a GPA almost at 3.4!
>Am having a NordicTrack C1750 installed on the 22nd. This will immensely improve my body and mood.

2016 was a big break up year. Normally after that I scramble around New Year's to obtain a more rational mindset. I'm there and have been there all year. No major changes need to be made for 2018 other than to continue achieving the rate of productivity that I am currently.

By "today" I mean "This year" or "2017" wtf.

>- Became a father.
>Only.banged 3 girls this year, all 6 out of 10 or below. Oh well.
Neck yourself