Why are you not doing judo?

Why are you not doing judo?

I am. Just not right now since I'm i bed

>using electronics in bed
sleeplet detected

I train SAMBO, comrade. Is Soviet version of Judo.

Busy wrestling but judo is boss.

Niggas whomst don't grapple are missing out big time. You get on the mat and you learn what fitness is. A few minutes of live wrestling and you're out of breath, your hands won't grip, your legs won't support you, you can hardly do pushups.
>b-but I squat 4pl8

Why would I if I can do Jiu Jitsu?

I train BJJ. The grappling part of judo.

I got my am dislocated by having the bone push up out of the socket into the muscle above, and now I do not do Judo anymore.

No homo, but I find a big guy on top of me, trying to choke me, hugely motivating.

Choked a bigger guy with some 3 years experience on me yesterday, that it better than sex.

Wrestling a worthy opponent when you're in top shape is absolutely better than sex. I ain't afraid to say it.

Learn to throw m8

Why do any of that gay shit when you can kick and punch?

Because I did folk, free, and greco and wipe the fucking floor with judo guys. They arent even allowed to double leg anymore the sport is meme-tier now.

Fuck I catch most of those guys with slidebys and headlocks its sad.

>not training striking and grappling
I could double leg you and facefuck you and you wouldn't be able to do anything

because i got a separated shoulder and tore something in my knee from it.
I absolutely loved judo, but i quickly realised Id never be world champion, or if I did want to be, id need to train much harder, relocate to europe or asia and I'd probably get more injuries which would put me out of work.
I weighed my options earning money to live is more important.

Face it user, striking is much cooler than gay boy hugging on the ground

Sure thing. Can you train striking twice weekly with full force and no brain damage?

the recent changes to Judo comp rules really ruined a lot of what makes Judo so great. RIP old Judo, maybe the officials will change it for the better one day

Did judo, separated left shoulder. Decided to face my fear by doing judo again, separated right shoulder. Decided I'll stick to striking.

Because I'm training nogi BJJ

Fuck, I never should have given up on wrestling when I was younger. Or more accurately, I should have taken it seriously.
I thought it was taking too much time away from school, but now I'm just an alcoholic anyways.

I started at 35 years with 2 out 3 kids joining. Check your local club, they might welcome a fag like you.

Jewconomics.

300 bucks / month for judo with 2 classes a week Vs 170 bucks a month for BJJ with 2 classes a day 5 days a week.

2018 I really need to bite the bullet and go back though, get my shodan before I'm too old and broken to randori anymore.

I did judo for a few years when I was a kid. Was too skinny and weak to be good. Got a national runner up medal (bronze), brother won gold and silver in 2 weight classes at nationals in one day. Was invited to Japan but neve went. I decided to focus on Rugby League instead. Comes in handy when me and my friends play fight n shit though

Sounds like a ripoff. Look for a better club. I pay 70 bucks a month for 2 1.5-hour classes a week

Look, a fucking kangaroo

Because I live in bum fuck Kansas, and the only people that even pretend to know martial arts here are autistic nerds that way 110 pounds and watch anime all day.

Weigh*... Guess I'm the autistic one..

Nope

You probably learn sambo from a BJJ purple belt who watches youtube videos of sambo comps...there are barely any competition ranked members in the US and even less combat sambo instructors...

>Sambo
>Combat Sambo

Pick one.

If you don't know that there are 2 different distinct forms of sambo you definitely arent learning proper sambo

$110 for BJJ 7 days a week. $70 for judo 3 days a week.

I can barely recover between Tue and Thu (Judo). I guess I could 3/week, but that's absolute max. I guess I'm old. Also Judo needs more space.

I'm doing Starting Strength to build a solid base of strength for MMA

I'm 38. I go for an hour (BJJ) or so just about every night. It's also about a mile walk from home, though, so I get a decent warm up and cool down.

But it's true, Judo does need a lot more space.

I think he just means that Combat Sambo is just MMA, which is mostly true.

And to answer your question, OP, because right now I'm doing wrestling. I'm planning on going back to judo soon.

jew jewtsu faggot, only manly sport

Sure.

Sure.

Three-gun is an actual sport, son. Girls shooting things with RPG is not.

lol

Yeah, right, CS:GO is an actual sport too.

not manly

>gassing out after a few minutes of wrestling

Okay

Think running 800m in under 2 minutes.

I have no legs.

And?

I did.

;) I'll choke you out fuckboi

We'll call it a "try".

I did for a while when I was a kid. Did pretty well too. 2 golds and a silver at the provincial level. Won bronze at internationals once.

>painted nails
it's as fake as it is staged.

haven't been going to judo classes due to quad tendinosis. it's basically recovered now, but i'm gonna wait until i can squat BW before i return to class. Gotta start back from the bar.

Just got back from a tournament, it was fun but I always find a way to get my eyebrow ripped off

Shout out to Coach Torres for getting me into judo in hs. OSOTO GARI!!!

>Hampton
>Virginia
>Virgin

checks out

Only club in town, we're not all 'murrican.

Neither am I. More of a bigger town thing

Hilarious is that there are 20+ Bjj clubs in town and one serious judo club.

not him but as a kid I learned Sambo from a Russian master sport so go fuck yourself you little nigger

>They arent even allowed to double leg anymore
yeah, like in greco

Dem Gracies did some Bruce Lee style brainwashing.

Nigga that's gay as fuck

>I did folk, free, and greco
I've got fucked legs and love history?
Are these the styles for me?

> does Greco
> complains about no double leg in judo

I do BJJ but the club has a bunch of judo black belts. One of them is ~245, was a national champ several times and he is BRUTAL.

Because i train BJJ.

Dropped out cos of pilonidal sinus leaking through gi pants in training

JUST

I'm seriously considering taking up Judo...

What should I expect?

To get thrown...a lot

Learn how to fall properly so you dont fuck up your shit

OK, will do.

> tfw no judo cutie to pin me to the floor
feels bad

Because none of my knowledge/ muscle memory will still work unless both myself and my opponent is wearing a bathrobe

Because people don't use clothes on a day-to-day basis and every thug on the street would assault you completely naked

What is t shirt with no sleeves you are used to grabbing? What is no bathrobe for me to cheat with and choke out robber because t shirt myself?
Also all the bowing and Sensei ing seems a bit weeby

>need glasses to see
>afraid of head, neck and back injuries
that's why i don't do judo

>What is t shirt with no sleeves you are used to grabbing? What is no bathrobe for me to cheat with and choke out robber because t shirt myself?
what does this mean in english?

It means if all your training is practice at grabbing long bathrobe sleeves and using yours to choke, what fucking good is that training if you and opponent are both wearing tight fitted short sleeves clothes?

I did boxing, then TKD for awhile because of muh concussions, then kickboxing again.

But I also climb and I focus on that now even though climbing I broke my tibia, fibia, and talus (heel) and all my ligaments in one fall and couldn't walk for 8 months and later snapped my elbow sideways, and now probably need shoulder surgery. But at least my brain hasn't gotten fucked up from it.

I train judo 3 times a week and lift full body two times , judo is gr8 i picked it up because i wanted to build a wrestling grapling base after years of muay thai ,you should try it sometime there is nothing more satisfying than thrownin an ippon with a technique that you mastered through hundreds of hours , it also has solid ground game . I consider bjj C-tier martial art for people who are too old ,or cant take a throw due t injuries i plan to retire to bbj after my mid 50s

Why don't you challenge a judo black belt to a fight in normal clothes and see what happens? You think he will lose all sense of body control, leverage and balance because he can't hold a gi? 10+ years of fighting for balance and throws against resisting human beings counts for nothing?

thats the stupidest meme i keep hearing from no gi bjj faggots , the same thinked another autist like you so i wiped the floor with him with harai goshis and uchi matas

Relax user I ran track in hs my 400 was around 52. Under 2min 800m is insane

I'm over 30 and started with judo about one month ago. 2 hours once every week. Trainer is like the nicest guy ever and everyone tries to take it easy with me. But after the two hours I feel like I got run over by a truck.
Any ideas what I can do in the gym to improve my time on the mat?

Stretch a lot, including forearms and wrists calves and hamstrings, get your endurance up do HIIT, and of course stick to your compounds.

Overall just be loose strong and healthy, and get thrown 5,000 more times and you’ll get better naturally.

I'd love to start judo but has the rules ruined it completely? I used to train BJJ for a few years and always found the throwing to be the most fun. I have no interest in compering so is there any reason to start judo?

i did it for 9 years when i was a kid. got the brown belt, but stopped shortly after. thinking about starting again

Its ok user, I can hardly do pushups when I am fresh.

Do it.

Don't be afraid, judo is not going to get you injuries
You don't need good eyesight either, I train with a blind dude almost every Friday. Now go and just check it out, it's fun

This is always my concern when wanting to get into Judo.

The rules are ok. There is stuff I don't agree with, but my instructors balance between sport Judo and real Judo, such as allowed vs non allowed grips and we learn leg takedowns although in competition you can't use those.

>things people who don't grapple but think they can fight say

I'm not Asian. Whito piggos should stay away from chink martial arts.

can you get thrown twice weekly with no major damage?

Apparently not

No gyms in my city for judo. Only mcDojo TKD here

Hey guys I want to start judo or BJJ but I wear really thick glasses and I can’t see much without them. Will this be an issue? What should I do?

Of course it will be an issue

You can still train the sports, you just won't see what the fuck your trainer is demonstrating to the class lol