I'm Jordan Feigenbaum. MD, Coach, Lifter. AMA

I own and operate Barbell Medicine (www.barbellmedicine.com)

I recently got banned from Reddit for defending an article I wrote evaluating 5/3/1 and Texas Method as post novice training programs. People were upset at something they either didn't read or can't understand. So, now I'm here for about 30 minutes. AMA.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=svJRrwvqHl4
youtube.com/watch?v=Fy2PuqMLngA
youtube.com/watch?v=zqcFO6rEHm4&t=23s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Gas yourself kike

No timestamp. Assumed fake.

Why does your beard look like shit?

I've lifted for 4 years and 2 months and have a wilks of 249.6.

Should I take steroids? Thanks.

fake as fuck, post pic with tripfag stamp and also post that kike ass

So what post novice programs do you recommend for hypertrophy? Wich for strength?

Do you plan to fight your ban or are you leaving the cesspool that is reddit.

Write

I am a lolcano

Not sure. It grows in all Jew-y like this so I'm kinda stuck

I wouldn't in that case. Not worth it compared to the possible risk.

My PL total is 965 how should i train to eek out those last 35 lbs

240lb bench
315 squat
410 deadlift

165lb bodyweight 5'10'' height.

I don't really care about Reddit enough to fight the ban. The AMA's were kind of cool over there, but I have no interest in arguing with those people for free.

Post the info that got you banned

What should I do then? I want to be strong without having to get so fat like I've been doing.

I'm miserable and just watch to bench 140kg at least.

so you come to a malaysian bug fighting forum to get called a kike and ogled by closet faggots.

you're definitely welcome(?) here!

Gaining weight and get on a good program would get you there easily. But likely if you're 3RM or 5RM aren't really far away from your 1RM, you could probably squeak out those 35lbs just by practicing more singles. That said, you probably have a lot more development left in you just with training vs. training specifically for 1RM's at this point.

Mediocre bait.

I will accept this answer, thank you.

Hey, I was in your original thread, said being a newfag isn't an excuse for not leaving a timestamp or something.

Anyways, welcome to Veeky Forums, if you don't like the Jew jokes you can always appeal your ban with the politically correct cucks over reddit.

Anyways, good to see you posting here again, now see pic related.

Sounds like a party, amirite?

Is barbell medicine good for beginners as well?

>lifter
In what discipline/sport?

I don't think any of our programs are best for novice lifters who can still get good results out of the novice starting strength linear progression. In all honesty, the novice SS program lasts ~12 weeks without modification, so I routinely recommend that without any extra fluff- then come to the dark side and do more complex stuff.

I'm a powerlifter. Best numbers in a meet 640/430/725 at 196lbs. I was as high as #16 on the all time powerlifting total list, but I'm pretty sure I'm off the list now. But powerlifting is hardly a sport.

Is that a rolled up chocolate wrapping? Wtf fat fuck

>doctor
>doesn't know difference between "less" and "fewer"

Just giving you shit doc, keep doing what you do.

125/180/220 @ 76 bw What program to do to get 140/200/250? Also 3 or 4 times a week?

Those little Reese's things are dope. Bite your tongue.

I also regularly confuse effect and affect, much to my pysch patients' chagrin.

What are you doing right now? How tall are you?

Hey Jordan how’s your night going, be ready for trolls, they’ve been expecting you.

>no face with timestamp

come on dude at least try to fake it right

Well I was gonna say that's a mean ass total but you're a cunt.

If I posted a pdf copy of barbell medicine would you be mad?

Lol note the pen and pop socket with my logo on it. Those have never been for sale to anyone so....

Doing Knuckols 28 with bench 3 times a week. Height:5 9

>But powerlifting is hardly a sport.
based

If it is the programs for sale, yea that would be pretty lame but I suppose people are going to distribute it. However, if it's the free book we wrote, well...sure- go ahead

>trolls
Do people still use this word? Is it 2008?

What is your opinion on stronglifts 5x5? I have been doing it for 9 months(I would only really count 6-7 because the first 2 was really me getting the form down) I am at 255 for 5x5(260 3x5) squat 145 lb 5x5(could not rep out more then 3 for the second set when i went to 150)
bench, 300 1x5 dead and ohp is stalling at 95 5x5. I am not sure if I should continue this program, my lower body lifts have all increased but upper body not as much.

Any tips on neck strains after overhead press/muscle strains in general?

Are your e1RM's moving up? You could also stand to gain some weight.

Ran it through computer analysis, pixels confirm it's you.

Do you think Greyskull LP is superior to Starting Strength for a compete novice?

What do you think of body recomposition? How realistic is it or am I stuck getting fat then cutting back to my regular weight?

I don't think it's where I would start for a previously untrained person, as this represents a relatively high initial volume we could use later on when 3 x 5 (e.g. SSLP) stops. I wouldn't expect ANY single program to work for 9 months though

Those glasses look like you got them off some tumblrina

I meant to type goys.

Whats the fastest way to do more pull ups and improve bench? I suspect my long limbs are why i suck at those. I can ohp 125lbs and bench only 190.

Also are you short or running gear? You're jacked

what program would you recommend for a mtf trans person going for femme aesthetics?

not kidding.

What program should I run? I've been training without a program since linear progression stopped, only doing compound lifts and some fluff for a year and quite frankly it ain't working.
Current 1RMs are 65/110/130/150 kg and I also do a lot of weighted dips and chins.

Fatty here

Started around 240lbs, I'm down to around 170lbs now.

I have more to lose because I'm a manlet, but should I go low bf% immediately to get rid of all the excess fat, or should I stop at a healthy BMI and build muscle?

Does it even matter?

Also, as a fellow Jew: does the casual antisemitism becoming serious antisemitism concern you? Cause I'm a little nervous about it these days.

No. I think AMRAPs are a suboptimal way to train, in general- but especially so for a novice. No benefit to doing them IMO. I think for an untrained person, there is no "lack of volume" in a program that uses multiple sets across at fairly high intensity to drive volume. GSLP is a poor intermediate program, at best, has less resources than SS, and doesn't really have any upside I can see other than if people don't like Rip (but then they like Johhny Pain more....)

thank you for contributing to the cause of masculine judaism, shalom

Can you please link your article?

What's your opinion on lifting and doing a sports, like judo?

Is there any good way I could improve my bench that could fit with the program? Or any program you would recommend going to?

Doctor why do you tell everyone to gain weight but you never gain a once ?

I'm about 150, bench 115, squat 155, DL 195.
Definitely a novice lifter, I've been at it a few months. I've noticed though when I DL 195 I can normally do it only once and have to deload to about 170 for reps. Any advice? I want to reach 225 DL.

Currently moving up like 2.5 kg each cycle on Bench (while keeping bw) . Squat is more or less the same (maybe also 2.5 kg) . Dl goes up slightly. I feel like I could profit from more deadlift volume.

I think if you're a novice, significantly overweight, or early intermediate - then it's possible.

is a 250 bench, 340 squat, and a 420 dl good to start doing the bridge? I never did strength training formally before but I've been messing around at the gym for almost 2 years, found out about bulgarian (read started to copy cat eric bugenhagen) but im not sure thats a good method for my situation.

What program would you recommend a lifter at an intermediate level? Currently running 5/3/1 on a 4 day split to regain some strength post injury. I've ran JTS 2.0 before to some success & Sheiko as well but the volume killed me on that one.

Warby Parker, so...basically.

I like my thin arms for aeathetic reasons, will not training biceps fuck up my other lifts at some point ?

Thanks Jordan

Shoo fatty

A real man weighs 200kg, is this true ?

Britfag here,

My lifts are
210 kg
150 kg
250 kg
@ 79kg - 5'9

You think I could start competing in PL soon?

Probably CrossFit with a low protein diet.

Acid

Are you planning to be mtf?

Gonna hinder your bench

I went from 176 to 205 in 2.5 years or so. Never got above 215 or so after my initial bulk.

Optimal frequency and style (e.g. high intensity or high volume or variation only day or light day) for each training session for overhead press? If you can't give a solid number because it changes person to person or something then what's the best method to test the right frequency?

Talking strict press btw, and I don't personally use double layback if that's a factor. Also as a bonus question what are some general recommendation in terms of variations/assistance work

I'm sure most anons here can lead me in the right direction for this question (i hope)

I'm trying to get less fat and work towards ottermode. Ive been cutting while also doing some light workouts primarily with dumbbells since thats all i have. I currently weight around 185lbs waist is 33inch at 5'9" i still have a lot of fat to cut obviously, but is there any advice or specific workouts i should be shooting for?

youtube.com/watch?v=svJRrwvqHl4

Eric Bugenhagen say that conventional list are not good for athletes since they dont replicate movements done by athletes, will you please refute this?

Starts at 1:30

P-pls respond

Yo Dr. Feigenbaum.

What advice do you have for a first year med student. How do I keep my Ps and Honors, my gains, and my gf?
Also what should I try to match to if I want as much free time and money as possible but have a room temp IQ?

Cheers.

lol i can't tell if this is legitimate advice or a joke. Veeky Forums has made me so jaded.

thanks for replying!

What is the solution for skinny-fat if you had to give a simple prescription right now. Also, how long would it take to go from scrawny DYEL to noticeable amounts of muscle and mires from chicks at work like: "wow, user! You've been working out(feels up arm)"?

youtube.com/watch?v=Fy2PuqMLngA

youtube.com/watch?v=zqcFO6rEHm4&t=23s
Would Mark approve?

Are you jerking off to traps while you're doing this? You seem awfully slow for someone who planned on answering questions for 30 mins only

Actually good response. Thanks Jordan.

He rode out on the storm he rode in on, and took our hearts with him.

Op was 40 minutes ago. Maybe he left already
>mfw we didnt even get a goodbye

I hate him now and i didn't before this parody of an ama

Back to /b/ kiddo

His last reply ITT was 15 minutes ago, so he could still be here.

I have no clue as to why you would say that.
Dude came, answered like 5 questions and left without a goodbye. Bad way to market yourself

now that he's gone...

this was a joke, right? or he thinks the way to a fem figure is wasting away and being crazy thin?

vegan trap why do you still come to this place?

it's almost like having friends!

Also can anyone tell me why did he say that powerlifting is hardly a sport? Is it because strength cap is genetic or it has to do with your body proportions or something, killing any sort of fair competition?

Does starting strength/ texas method seriously lowball volume for the upper body lifts?

I experimented with adding volume to TM because my upper body lifts sucked/stalled. Over several weeks I ramped up volume and managed to double the standard bench/press volume for weeks without under-recovering. I'm a 180lb man with a 225lb bench, and my last weeks running TM had me doing 6x6 bench, 6x6 press on Monday, Tuesday for volume.

I understand I may have an unusually high volume tolerance, but this seems ridiculous. There are >9000 stories of guys online running Starting Strength and squatting 3 plates, yet failing to out-bench high school kids in the gym. Is it a lack of volume? Variation?

Am I supposed to take Eastern Virginia Medical School seriously?

Why do all the 'doctors' in the fitness industry come from safety schools?

Do you think Boogie2988 will make it?

if you go to a powerlifting competition you'll get it. So many stiff/out of shape guys. They're huge and strong but wildly nonathletic in many cases. My last competition I ate 2200calories and attempted 9 lifts over 4 hours. Obviously you can be a big strong athletic guy, but powerlifting doesn't require anything other than muscle mass and basic technique.

yes i kinda see it in the heavier divisions. Fat fucks barely able to walk crushing 2000+ like its nothing. I was watching the woman's 84+kg and this almost morbidly obese chick squatted 550. I was thinking to myself, is it worth to get in that size just to add 50-100lbs to a lift?