Sup Veeky Forums

Sup Veeky Forums
Who /IBS/ here? I developed this shit about 2 years ago, and its killing me. I also reckon its the reason I got appendicitis recently, fuck it.
Probiotics help, low FODMAP diet helps, but I can never get rid of it for good, it always comes back at some point.

Anyone also suffering from this shit, or managed to get rid of it for good? Share your experiences in this thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/NMtv9h9_uJQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I have permanent loose stools, with diarrhea. Feel like ending my life. It gets worse.

Kill off all the gut flora with a long fast (>7 days), let your intestine rest, then rebuild gut flora.
For long fasts, to keep living well, you need to make daily and slowly drink a bottle of:
1 tsp sodium chloride (salt) + 1 tsp potassium chloride (Losalt) + 1 lt water.
Together with an 1 lt bottle of normal water.
After the fast then slowly reintroduce food starting from green vegetables + probiotics the first refeeding day to rebuild the gut flora.

I'm on the other side of spectrum, constipation and ton of gas. Can't even exercise properly due to constant pains when it gets bad

Currently keto day 13. So far it's helped. I ate a block of cheese the other day and I've been sick ever since. Other than that I figured fuck carbs since the bacteria hurting me are living on it.

I've got IBD. Currently bleeding out my ass. Nothing really helps that much.

My Dr. friend said a lot of IBS patients have success with anxiety therapy. Something to do with all the connections between the gut and the brain (same reason why when you get nervous you feel sick to your stomach sometimes).

Will literally lose all gains for the off chance that this will work.

Yeah stress/anxiety is definitely a trigger.

What if you have to ask that girl out, tell your boss how you really feel, go to that interview, jump off that rock into the ocean? Your bowel starts churning and giving you a massive excuse to sit back in life and be miserable about your pointless existence.

Some people are having success with CBD treatment

youtu.be/NMtv9h9_uJQ

I am not even certain that its bacteria at this point. After my appendicitis surgery they shot me full of antibiotics and I fasted for 3 days, I figure all flora would get wiped out, but symptoms came back shortly. As pointed out, it gets worse with stress, but not being stressed doesn't help that much, so I have my doubts

It's a brutal diagnosis. "Looks like IBS, not much you can do. Here follow low FODMAP, see ya".

Pretty sure only pussies who don't eat a varied diet get IBS. I know 2 people who have it one eats fries and tenders exclusivley the other is a vegan that basically only eats tortilla chips. Both are giant pussies with ibs.

I've got acute Crohn's and had 6" of my small intestine removed when I was 18.

I learned to manage it by drinking lots of water and avoiding trigger foods like the plague. I haven't ever really noticed anxiety being a factor in my flare-ups

Best to try, maybe it will work, not like there are many ways to go.

I had what seemed to be it about 2years ago, constant diarrhea, chest pain. Did gastroscopy and colonoscopy, nothing. Seemed like this was all a result of many courses of antibiotics in the preceding year, due to dental ops. It then seemed to gradually go away, then returned for a bit, then went away again, and now I only get diarrhea sometimes, but not serious diarrhea like previously. And I event started going to the gym again, stopped previously due to effects on stomach and chest pain. So hopefully I am healthy now. Stopped taking vitamin C, too. And I now try not to worry too much, it's hard, though. Age 40, thanks, /blog.

It's not that simple, I'm pretty sure that Gilbert's syndrome can make IBS more likely, and ~5% of population have Gilbert's syndrome (increased billirubin, resulting in hepatitis-like symptoms). And antibiotics can trigger it, and who knows what else.

Not saying it's all there is too it, but my observations say the same so far.
The only person I know constantly struggling with IBS is a obese girl, literally only eating saturated fats and sugar and sweetened drinks at no physical activity whatsoever.
And we're not even in murica lol.

Well, I can't say I eat a varied diet, so maybe there's some truth to that
I mostly eat poultry and some carbs like potato or rice, especially in winter because I live in a cold shithole with shit import trade. Certainly not enough veggies

What worked for me was eating as cleanly as possible for about 3 months after the diagnosis and then slowly working junk food back into my diet. So, for 3 months I ate lots of skinless chicken, very lean beef but only once or twice a week, mostly dark green vegetables and lots of them, very little fruit and only oranges and apples when I did eat fruit because they're my favorites, only drank water, and I started putting my feet on a stool when I pooped. After the three months I'd have a McDouble instead of beef, or a sweet potato instead of spinach.

That was when I was 16, I'm 23 now and haven't had a problem since. If binge late at night or on junk food in general I'll usually get wicked cramps and piss out of my ass the next morning, so I make it a point not to do those things often. I'm not a doctor and we're all different, so I won't recommend it, but I don't see the harm in anyone trying the same. As one unnecessarily irate chef user pointed at in the last IBS thread, it was all very bland, but that was the point.

Seriously avg health people have no idea how lucky they are.

Sometimes when I am in public toilet I can hear them poo, It takes them less time to poo and wipe than to take pee for me.

I am jelly as fuck.

I have been dealin with ibs half of my life (15 years).

I can never be sure when I poo, but when I poo I can be sure that shit has glue like consistency.

Hard to push out, but when its out, its like glue/nutell and cleaning wipe completely without shower is impossible.

Sometimes I get just diarrhea, I eat something and then I have to run to toilet as fuck as possible to not shit my pants.

If I cant poo for few days then I can feel heaviness in stomach and I feel like shit lel. Constipation can also cause pressure on bladder and cause peeing few times/hour.

Its funny how such simple non lethal health problem can fuck your life completely and even simple job as cashier or driver can be impossible without shit in pants.

IBS in most cases in brain caused. There are rare examples where its caused by some food allergy, but for most is brain.

Brain and your gut are connected. If you are very stressed (high cortisol level) then your body automatically tense. Over long period of time it fuck up bowel movement which plays important role in way your food is digested. Improperly digested food can not form proper stools.
There is very high correlation between ibs and other mental fuck ups. 2/3 of people with ocd have some additional mental health problems.

>potato

They increase intestinal permeability just like gluten does, you fucked up. A few studies on pubmed on this, check.