/fat/ What are you doing right? Keep doing it

Who is /fat/ for?
For /fat/fucks who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication

>This is not QTDDTOT, ask questions about fat loss but use that thread for general questions

>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)

>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)

>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php

>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal, works best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com

Previous thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-yNhl8wT3Pc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's 5pm and I'm still not hungry.

Fitness frog calculator is no longer online. Thanks for the contribution.

I gain 2kg and lose 2kg for more than one month now.

I will go back to what was working. Omad or IF

I lean towards omad

/fat/ survey: which of the following are you doing?
>lifting
>cardio
>dieting
and how are they working for you?

>mfw my parents have awoken to the power of keto and now only buy meats, veggies and healthy fats for the house (saving me hundreds of dollars in groceries).

I'm finally gonna fuckin make it.

cardio and dieting for me.

Rate pls

lifting and cardio with calorie counting.

I'm seeing gradual results and really immediate results when I'm super strict with it.

I'm not getting to the gym as much as I'd like but weight has been on a constant downwards trend and I'm steadily making endurance gains.

I'm not gonna lie it feels really good, sure I may not be making super fast results but I've genuinely made a shift in lifestyle and mindset which I think is 100% sustainable.

planning to get into rock climbing and going /out/ once i lose a bit more weight.

WHILE YOU DIET HARD I EAT PIZZA AND FUCK STACY

forgot picture

Fokken nice brah, face gains? How long did it take?

All three at once.
Erryday

dubs of excellence, also good job, did you make facial gains as well?

Pretty fucking good, bro. Weight difference between your first and last picture?

These posts always motivate me to go on.

youtube.com/watch?v=-yNhl8wT3Pc

Face gains is like the first thing i got from losing weight, i had babyface before now it's just a skinny babyface, nothing to look at. Took about one and a half years, i fell off the wagon few times.

231 and 165 pounds

Pls post dude, the hope that I don't have to look at this face in the mirror is the only thing that drives me

For me it was the same. You see improvements in the face first.

Just keep on shredding weight and you'll here comments about your face.

You've gotten alot better, buddy. Now you've just gotta bulk up and you're golden!

I'd just like to vent

A few years ago when I was nearing on 300 pounds I would communicate my dismay to people and the answer was pretty much always the same

>dude you're not fat
>lmao you look fine
>wtf are you going to develop an eating disorder?

And these people weren't HAES morons either. Some of them were in great shape. Most were average. Only two people I can think of were honest with me.

I feel pathetic because I let myself believe them. Yet I was medically obese. Obviously so.

Why the fuck would they straight up lie to me Veeky Forums?

>Why the fuck would they straight up lie to me Veeky Forums?
Because it's ingrained in our culture that it's rude to tell others that they're fat. I wish we were more like Japan, where if you're fat, you'll never hear the end of it.

I'm only lifting.

I'm massively obese and taking creatine + protein powder every day, is there anything wrong with this?

I'm somewhat watching my food intake.

Cardio and dieting. Do calisthenics instead of lifting. Lost 36 pounds in 6 months. BF% under 15 now

You'll destroy your joints if you squat/deadlift/do any high-impact cardio. You're also gonna have to work FUCKING HARD to get a true bearmode physique. Easier to lose the weight desu senpai

Down to 327 from 388. Only about 180lbs left to go, which means all I have to do is take how hard I've worked this year and work that hard three more times.

Just broke a water fast after 110 hours because my mom was worried about me. A bit too late to "keep doing it," but I'll definitely start it up again, which is almost the same thing.

I was 167 lb at 5'2 which is very close to medical obesity, and I had friends and family tell me I was "just a bit chubby". I think it's partially due to obesity/being overweight being normalized in our culture.

>blew my boyfriend, forgot to spit and went over my TDEE

Oh fuck me. This was a bad idea.
It's me again. The 110hourwaterfastfag.

I wasn't prepared for how hard it would be to restrain myself from going overboard during the cooldown.
I just had a fucking burrito.

r.i.p digestive system

>5'11", 250lbs and no muscle
>see myself in the mirror one day and get sick of being disgusting
>lose 110 pounds
>people STILL tell me "you weren't really fat just a bit overweight :)"

I don't fucking know user

Did a 84 hour waterfast after breaking up with girlfriend of 2+ years a month ago. Probably not the smartest thing but still its mental discipline to not overindulge. You'll be ok user

thanks breh. that puts me at ease a bit

next time I'll have to have more discipline not to end it off like this

I ate 21 Oreos yesterday. It wasn't satisfying by any means. I could feel the sugar's effect on my body, I felt sick and still don't feel good physically or mentally.

I know the shitty feelings will go away in a day or two but should I just go back to my usual routine or try and make up it somehow?

I can't stop making ice cream

Just a friendly reminder for all of you who are counting calories and wish to make it:

if you don't own one, BUY A FOOD SCALE

I was counting my calories without one for months, and now that I own one I measured some common day to day foods I consume and was shocked how many of my logs were completely off. I knew that I couldn't be completely precise with measuring calories without weighing, but I was surprised to notice just how off I was. For example, my 10 tablespoons of oatmeal seem to have double the calories of what the program tells you. I was thinking I was eating an average of 1700 kcal a day where my actual average is actually about 2100 a day.

So yeah, tldr: if you count calories and don't own one, buy a food scale asap, it's going to be your new best friend.

Nice part of weight loss in the military: nobody tries to sabotage you are tells you you're perfect as you are, and other fat people won't get triggered and start crying if you talk about calories. If anything, they take it as an excuse to banter you more.

At this point I think I'm just gonna use the gun method to lose all my pounds. It'll be a hell of a lot easier than halving my current bodyweight (which is what I'd need to do to be on the low end of healthy for my height).

Help. I can't get out of the cycle of eating fast food every day. It's like I'm compelled to get it. Wat do?

idk but something tells me that using the old "make your son smoke a whole pack at once so he'll never want to smoke again" trick on yourself might work.

Rolling

Me too, gotta start working harder for chest gains

>girl here
>was 240 lbs
>dropped down to 170 lbs
I'm still not at my goal weight and I've just stopped losing I'm not sure what to do. When I weigh myself in the morning I always fluctuate between 170 and 173 but I never lose or gain more then that. For my job I'm on my feet all day walking and running around, and then I work out at home. Do I need to eat even less calories? when I first started I was eating no more then 1200 but I was always hungry....

That's something that really bothered me when I started. Friends and family saying things like "oh you're not that fat" or "you don't need to lose weight you're just curvy" I know they meant well trying to make me feel good about myself but fuck off and support my choice to get healthy

Rollin'

>lose a ton of weight
>instead of "you look good" all I hear is "you're so skinny"

Post facegains lads

Fuck it, this is six months difference, from 285 down to about 250.

Slow, I know, but I'm back on the diet wagon and cycling to work everyday, so I'm gonna make it if it fucking kills me.

Your calories are directly related to your weight, so losing fifty seventy pounds means you need 70 pounds less calories, I think it was like 8 calories a pound or something as an estimate

So today I hate 3 slices of whole wheat bread, a small plate of bulgur and vegetables. Is this good? I am supposed to be on a 1200 calories (im the 115 kg fatty chick) but idk if i can keep it up and if i can count my calories.

Short answer is yes, you need to either eat less or burn more to lose weight. Those fluctuations are water weight, everyone goes up and down a couple pounds, women especially due to hormones.

Are you sure you're on just 1200 cals a day? Fatties and former fatties are notorious for underestimating their intake. I mean it, you have to be totally honest and ruthless with yourself here, or you WILL fuck yourself over.

Don't do it bro! Go shoot deer instead, walking through the woods everyday will help you lose the weight.

And trust me I am fatter then you. Lost 70 pounds in 6 months, still over 100lbs over obesity line.

We're all going to make it!

Are you not eating meat? it seems pretty carb heavy

No I was on 1200 when I started but then I bumped it to 1500 because I was still really hungry at the end of the day. I also keep a calorie diary where I write down everything I eat. This holds me accountable and also makes cheating a chore (have to write it down and find out the calories to have a chocolate etc...) I guess I should go back to 1200. Hopefully with how much weight I've lost I won't be hungry all the time eating that much.

I'm training everyday but I'm back at eating candy and shitty food, I feel embarrassed of myself

If you're worried, go out and burn the calories off with exercise.

Just realize how much it set you back in time and for the bad feelings that you got to be the result of why you set yourself back. Then dust yourself off and get back to the time consuming grind that is weight loss.

I did cardio and dieting for 8 months, added lifting in the past four. Really wanted to focus on fat loss plus didn’t have a lot of muscle to lose anyway. Going well, down almost 80 lbs

Fat crabs trying to bring you back down the bucket. Fuck 'em.

Fork putdowns + nervous job, I know it won't end well but 10lbs melted in month.

Your TDEE drops as you lose weight too so in order to keep the weight loss linear and not plateau you need to drop your intake accordingly. 1500 might have been fine at 240 but you might feel just comfy with 1200 at 170. There's less of you so you need less.

Lifting and dieting. Diet is my main focus for weight loss and lifting to keep my metabolism loss at a minimum. I have good hair genes so I recently got back on creatine monohydrate and I'm seeing slight gains in strength even on a cut. Added another half inch to my arms over the past few weeks.

I stationary-bike a 10k every day and am avoiding sugar save for a bit of honey in my tea. Other than that I'm just trying not to snack and watching my calorie intake, though I really should get a notebook or an app to calorie count

I just started (tried keto before, it worked but it's not sustainable going between work/school where I can't cook easily) so if anyone has any tips, they're appreciated

who /reverse diet/ here

>tfw maintaining/gaining less than .25lbs/week on 3600 calories

9 weeks into reverse...after Christmas i'm going to switch to fat loss and try to get lean for summer

I do eat meat but today I ate legumes instead of meat
good idea, but still, is this a lot?

also i forgot to say that bulgur contains protein

Anybody else get depressed of how much of an uphill battle you fight against your body?

>do exercise
>have to keep making it harder and harder to burn calories at the same rate

>eat a little less
>you got smaller? eat even less

>vegetables are best food for you
>worst tasting food group

>get muscle
>slack off once you've hit your goal? guess what's fat now

Muscles don't turn to fat, I can't believe that retarded meme is still around. How in the fuck would that even work? Muscle tissue suddenly turning into adipose? Which is an entirely separate kind of cell? Fuck mate, stop being a tard.

You need to find ways to eat veg where it tastes good. You're never going to get anywhere if you always act like eating healthy is bad and it's a chore. There are lots of delicious ways to cook/eat vegetables you just have to find them and re-train yourself to not automatically associate vegetables with bad tasting food.

>tfw exercised more than usual this week, but also ate a bit crappier than usual this week
>tfw weekly weighing is tomorrow morning
>tfw expecting the worst

>lose weight
>eat healthy 99% of the time
>count calories like a good boy 99% of the time
>decide to indulge like a normal human being should be allowed to do
>feel like absolute shit, get visibly bloated, feel like shit, look like shit
>hate self

yes

What exactly are good-tasting vegetables? I always see asparagus, kale and shit being hocked and shit's disgusting even when doing those 'yummy' cooking tips

Kale tastes of literally nothing just blend it with a banana and you can sip like 200g of kale and it tastes like candy

at that point why not just eat a banana and skip the kale

it's not the same cells obviously, your body withdraws the muscle cells for their calories which it then stores in fat cells

It's all about finding which vegetables are good raw and which are good cooked or mixed with other things. I think stirfrying is the best way to eat a lot of vegetables all at once that taste good. Zucchini, carrots, squash, broccoli, cauliflower, onions, leeks etc all make great editions to a stirfry with or without meat. Then it's all up to your tastes for seasonings or if you choose to use sauce or not. Then for things like spinach and kale I like eating them with sandwiches or blending them into fruit smoothies so I don't even taste them. That's not even mentioning how a little hummus can go along way. Could go on but I would be here all day.

I mean I'd love to just fry up yellow onions and eat them all day every day but cooking in oil is too fatty

There are a few different kinds of oils and you can use them sparingly. I only use olive oil and I put it in a sprayer so the amount I use when cooking is very very small. Even if you don't do that you don't need more then 1-2 tablespoons of oil for a large stir fry (big enough to feed a family) Just make sure whatever oil you pick has a high smoke point.

This. Weigh/measure EVERYTHING. DO NOT GUESS. If you could guess portion sizes accurately, you wouldn't be fat in the first place.

Because the kale has far more vitamins goofy

Know that feeling.

> Have been stupidly stressed out due to dissertation deadlines- so eating has been all over the place this week (some days 800, others 1.5k where 1.3k is normal intake).
> Haven't been able to exercise as much this week either
> Weigh in tomorrow.

God speed user. Hopefully we'll both see a reduction on the scales still- remember, progress is progress even if it's not rapid.

>dat cross

B-brother?

Great job. You made it, or very nearly, now for some porridge and several months of gains.

>had to get old immunization records to go to uni
>one of the medical records had my weight
>12 years old
>5'3" (91 percentile for height)
>160lbs (99.9 percentile for weight)
>28.3 BMI
I forgot how fat I was as a kid. Goddamn.

The thing though, is that as soon as anyone was angry at me (or just being an asshole) for some reason, they would always go for the same fucking insults.

"oh yeah we'll you're a fat shit lmao"
"wow fuck off you big moron"

the same fucking people. absolutely mental.

broccoli is great steamed
kale is good if you mix it in with something. i like kale soup or doing it with chicken is also good
spinach is gr8

leafy green veggies are the best for you

cardio and dieting
went from 110kg to 98 in just under two months(4 more days)

im liking the progress so far
idk if it's good speed of weight loss or not but i feel better so far

>chicken
>quark
>vegetables
>oatmeal
>whey

What else (cheap and healthy) can I eat when I'm trying to CUT CUT CUT like a bipolar teenage girl? Somebody suggested that I take out pineapple, bananas and apples from my diet so I did and now I just put no-calorie juice in my quark.

Disclaimer: I can't fry eggs at the moment and that's the only way I could tolerate eating them

Same experience here. Just proves the point. They'd LOVE to tell you you're fat, but feel obliged not to.

>had a killer workout and 3 clean meals hitting every macro
>suddenly depression, anxiety resulting in insomnia
>g-goodbye gains, might have as well sat on my ass all day with the same result

Everytime.

How to stop falling for vagina jew tricks? Ever since i started look better i had this illusion i can actually convince a female to have sex with me without paying her big money, and it's ruining my life.

Onions. And why can't you fry eggs? You don't have a pan?

Beans, peas, mushrooms, cottage cheese. All cheap and protein heavy.

All three. Alternating between HIIT and lifting every day. Fasting 16:8 skipping breakfast.
Started at 114kg in aug. At 89kg right now. Aiming for 75kg.

It's my husband's office christmas party tonight. Catered tri tip & lemon chicken + sides from the country club. I'm having a 310 calorie brunch so I don't go over today and so I can enjoy myself there.

Are you me?
Same except from 255 to 180, I can't seem to break past 180.

I've been binging the last week, averaging about 4000kcal while it should be well under 2000kcal for maintenance.

How do you deal with visiting family for the holidays, with all the food, sweets and snacks available? Also dysfunctional eating, both parents are overweight. I'll be visiting them until January 14th, how not to turn into a blob?

Finally found some photos. Something changed, but nothing too drastic.

I have a pan but the ventilation in my apartment is shit. All the grease from frying something floats all over. Every surface in my kitchen and living room gets greasy as fuck, even stuff inside kitchen cabinets.

>broccoli
>carrots
>green beans
>cauliflower
>red and green peppers
>onions
Those are all amazing vegetables that can easily be prepared in a variety of delicious ways. I'm not even memeing with onions either; cook those, carrots and some peppers up and put them with some chicken and you have a great meal.