20 REP SQUATS

20 REP SQUATS

Hell no bitch

I did the 20 rep squat program. Crazy, but worked as planned, ended up doing 350 lbs for 20 reps. Would recommend for a personal challenge on a mass building phase.

>6 weeks
>3 sessions per week
>subtract 90 lbs from squat 5RM
>that is your starting 20 rep weight
>add 5 lbs per session

mirin back tho

20 rep front squats...

>behind the neck press
RIP rotator cuffs, we barely knew thee

>t. shoulderlet

You could easily swap it out for a different overhead press, that's just how they rolled back in the day.

Once I tried a 1xF set of squats with high reps, was 3 or 4 years ago. I think I managed 205lbs x 28... and never again. Headache, extreme heart rate and saw lots of stars for like 5 minutes. Could continue with some isolations after that 5 minutes.

Aww poor baby. Try running an 800m compete tively

>thrusting your rib cage so you can press BTN

20 rep pause squats

>tfw squat 5RM is 90lbs

>90lbs 5rm
dyel.gif
i have knee problems, and even my squat is 225 5rm

Yeah dude, you're definitely a better lifter than Klokov

>cardio

Considering running that takes around 2 minutes and 25-30 full ROM squats also should take 1:30-2:00 minutes (you have to pause after 20 to get some air), Squats are harder. They are way more taxing on the upper body/back, abs and CNS. In additions, running that 800m will leave you out of breath with a high heart rate but your leg muscles will be far from being done, one could easily continue jogging after 10-20 seconds of rest.

It better be 95lbs this time next week.

Should I do this if I am a leglet? I've been lifting for a year now and my 1rm squat is LMAO!2PLAET.

>1 year
>only 2pl8
are you eating enough?
training enough?
sleeping enough?

I did 4 sets of 225 on squat the other day. am i stronk? weigh 190

BTN press is totally fine if you use proper, STRICT form

Widowmakers eh? I would do them on occasion at 80%. Fucking sucked.

Yes to all three. And to top that I'm only 5'11 and got great squat leverages. Guess I should just lift more

I've trolled 4 people into doing 20 rep squat program now, they've all had great results. Do it old school, drink a gallon of milk on the workout days, you'll put on some good size.

I mean I can tell you've never done it lol. Try having the worst migraine of your life for 10 min after finishing, the constant struggle to supply yourself with oxygen as you are manually sucking in and blowing out air as fast as you physically can, as you roll on the ground with your vision blurred and pulsing with every heartbeat, trying desperately to find a position that your legs can get a slight ease from the shooting lactic acid burn, and you still didn't PR.

Did old school program a few summers back, went from 80kg 20 rep max to 115 kg but then started failing reps at 117,5. I attempted it 3 sessions in a row but got less reps each time so I called it quits after. Put on a lot of mass on my shoulders, biceps and quads. Had terrible DOMs in my traps most days. Insanity but mentally good. Has given a drive to help push through the pain when my mind says no more. It does nothing for max strength though. There was zero transfer to any of my rep maxes outside of the increased mass... Even after a four week peak, I only had a 5kg increase on 3rm

All right famalam, I'll give it a shot.

>>thrusting your rib cage
What the fuck does this even mean?

>80%.
Do you just make numbers up?

Do I necessary have to do the full program?
I might give it a try

do 20 set squats
not hard breh

?

Looks fun, I'll try it starting next week. Do I deload 90lbs from each of the exercises or just squats? How much should I take off shoulder press, bench press, and DL?

What are you some kind of pussy ive done 20+ reps zercher, front and back without dying before. You sound like a genetic failure or just poor mindset.

i weigh 170, and i do 7 sets at 235lbs

and i feel like a dyel

Yes.

I was talking about the 800m you mong

Nah, the other lifts are whatever. You can deload a little bit and go for a dual progression type thing (add reps first then weight when you get all sets across), and because you probably won't lift as much since you'll be fukn dunzos after the widowmaker.