Before & After / Progress Thread

Before & After / Progress Thread

Pic related, I lost 100 pounds between October and February of last year.

Weight: 330 to 230
Neck: 19.5" to 14"
Chest: 52" to 42"
Waist: 54 to 40"
Hips: 48" to 36"

Progress made with CICO style diet. Limited to 800 calories per day. No sugar, cut most carbs, no drinking. I tracked everything I ate. I walked everywhere, part out of necessity, part out of motivation from losing the weight so fast. I was walking about 60 miles per week, in addition to doing occasional P90X and treadmill at work.

Good work keep it up. Start weightlifting theres nothing more satisfying and masculine imo than getting stronger and building muscle it's fun.

Hello Sir, I am in the fire academy now and I am almost halfway through. What should I expect the first year on the job?

Holy shit man awesome work, you're looking good

Nice work homie, and thanks for the service. Out of all the Emergency responders I have the most respect for firefighters

Keep up the great work user

Need to lose the glasses but yeah good work

What diet did you go through?

Good job kid, you're gonna make it.

How the FUCK did you pass the CPAT like that you animal. SDFD here, literally never seen a specimen like that. Congrats.

Learn to cook, fast. Dont spend you probationary checks. Dont get married. Work on your grip and cardio, probably deadlift more.

I would guess he was in better shape whe he started lol.

In my experience captains / chiefs / what have you are more likely to be out of shape because their jobs become a lot less to do with strength and more to do with intellegence / knowledge

for who? girls? L OL O L LOL OL

this

Thanks, bro. Always working on it.

Listen, learn, keep your mouth shut unless you're asking questions. Know your role, know exactly what your job is and make sure you can do it without failure every time. Volunteer for every shitty job, clean every toilet, be the last to take your meal and the first to get up and do the dishes. Keep your nose clean and you might make it out of probation.

Thank you

It's my privilege to serve, this is the best job on the planet.

Thanks

I was probably 50 pounds lighter when I tested. I was hired because of my performance in the CPAT, believe it or not. Even fat as fuck, I made Captain on the truck company. I weigh less now than I did when I graduated high school.

Good advice.

I gained the weight due to stress and shitty coping skills. I've never been off the line in 15 years of service. I knew I had to make a change before my guys had to bury me.

Sorry I went over your post, great work user!

Still a ways to go, obviously. 285 down to 250 in five-ish months. Mostly diet (spotty) and cycling 4 miles to work daily.

Well done matey! I'm also in the 100+ gone club and yeah, it feels amazing. I know how much effort you've put in so once again, well done! Keep improving yourself, nothing like it.

Absolutely. Congrats to you as well. Keeping it off if there real trick, man doesn't it come back fast if you're not paying attention!

Great job, bro! Keep it up!

Haha yeah thanks and that's so true. During the last year or so I've had a few shit weeks where I've lost track/motivation and the weight jumped back on. Always got rid of it with interest and continuing to do so but yeah, gotta be careful - I think that's why seeing this as being a lifestyle for ever rather than a diet is the best way to be! Plus the chilled/satisfied feeling after a good workout is something else.

Itll be a year in exactly a week since i started dieting went down for 135kgs to 90kgs still a bit to go and excess skin will always be a vivid reminder

Ooh, I'm sorry about all the skin. It'll probably look better once it settles in, even if it all can't go away. None the less, nice progress, keep it up :o)

I've been going for almost three months. I'm living in a third word country at the moment so getting enough quality food is hard and food poisoning sucks, but I hope I'm getting somewhere. I'm 6'1 and 87kg.

that scar looks kinda cool

Thanks user

On a side not why'd your tatted friend kill my boy?

Jokes aside, great work and great progress.

And get a fucking haircut. You look autistic as fuck.
You look good user. Keep going, you can always get surgery to remove the excess skin.

I know you're joking, but I'm not a cop lol. Thank you for the compliment.

I see you've
>burned
some fat, breh

>I don't get it

The weight just went up in smoke.

270 to 240 in 2 months, much of it gone from my legs. Fasted lifting and snake potions, currently preparing for ketoacidosis. Posting after shortly

yikes. On a side note that picture is v. pretty

Great work, bro. I've done some fasting myself, but stopped the day we had an arsonist set 3 fires during one on my shifts. I didn't have access to my snake juice and about 12 hours in I started cramping up hard. I can't sacrifice my duty performance, so I've switched back to CICO for now. I'm planning on doing some limited fasting, no more than 48 hours, to see how I do.

Thanks mang, I've been 23/1 lately and I seem to be losing weight just as quickly as 2 day fasts.

Started using a rowing machine, and it's all but cured the asthma I developed last year, and I'm convinced it's responsible for the weight I've lost thus far.

In two months I've gone from 6 five minute sets on 6 resistance to two 30 minute sets on 10 resistance (grant my lungs literally bleed around the 45 minute mark)

Try rowing guys.

I thought you were a cop and was going to tell you to fuck off our board but on closer inspection your a firefighter, respect to you!

We had a rowing machine in the firehouse gym when I was hired, but it's since disappeared unfortunately. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for one.

Forgot to mention, reasors and walmart sell crystallized lemon, which you can put in some water, and it really helps with the stomach pain from fasting when snakejuice is not desireable or needed (i.e. the day or so following a refeeding or on a 23/1)

On the rowing machine topic, I don't know of the digital readouts on cardio machines are just cradling our balls with the calories/hour burned, but rowing machines say roughly 800 calories per hour on high resistance, whereas elipticals, bikes, and the like say 350-400. Is this accurate or have I swallowed a tasty meme?

Congrats man, respect. I plan to be a firefighter once I'm out of the military, do ex-Marines have a good chance of getting the job?

Started doing deadlift and squats like 2 months ago. I need to eat a lot more than I can even afford but I'm trying, And I still don't know what to do about my hair and my tiny wrists. How am I doing? Advice please thanks.

Good job,visible improvement in the arms/shoulders area.

as being a poorfag 3rd worlder, i recommand going hard on eggs and heavy deadlifts.

>Know your role, know exactly what your job is and make sure you can do it without failure every time. Volunteer for every shitty job, clean every toilet, be the last to take your meal and the first to get up and do the dishes. Keep your nose clean and you might make it out of probation.
You firefighters have the biggest fucking egos in the world. Jesus Christ y'all are practically insufferable.

Most departments have preferential hiring for veterans.

It's nothing to do with ego, and everything to do with knowing the organization is bigger than just yourself. We only have ourselves to depend on, which is why job proficiency, humbleness, all out effort are so important. We aren't here to fill a recliner, or just collect a paycheck, we're here to make order of chaos, fix someone's worst day off their life, and if called upon, risk supreme sacrifice to reach those ends. You may perceive ego, and there are certainly many egotistical folks in the fire service, but in general we're here for the right reasons, to serve our brothers and the public.

>advice
Change the 'mafia movie extra' haircut

Were you that fat when you joined? How the fuck didn't you get laid off if you got that fat on the job?

(Not me)

Excellent progress, but yah, the skin is a stone cold bitch. That makes me worry a bit desu, I'm this faggot: and I wonder how much excess skin will I have. How effective is skin surgery?

But excess skin or no, its still infinitely better to not be a fat fuck.

Visible difference in the right direction, the only way is forward faget, never give up.

Another one

Amazing progress. My upper body is like yours but I still have a gut. You gave me motivation to diet harder.

Here we go.
Started at 315lbs in the first pic.
My diet started the last week of August, with today being the last day.
Second pic in red shorts is first of November. I was about 270lbs there.
Final is about a week ago at 250lbs.
Currently at 241lbs.
I’m happy with my progress. Real happy. I can run a mile no sweat, my strength has not dropped and I’ve actually gotten stronger.
How’s the hair...?

I passed all my physicals and it never affected my performance. No grounds to discipline or remove me from duty. Don't get me wrong, I was fat, much fatter than I ever should have let myself get, but I was never sedentary. I retained muscle and stamina. After having lost the weight I can't even begin to describe how much better I felt and how much better my fireground performance was, but I was never a slacker and always pulled my weight and then some (and that's saying a lot).

Mirin dat taper, the hair depends on your face looks healthy tho

You won't have loose skin IF you lift. But if you continue being a cardio faggot who eats like a bunny, I guarantee you will look like an emptied balloon.

A few months
Sorry for the potato quality

lookin stronk

Thanks fren. My waist is actually pretty small, and the back helps. Thing is, the loose skin bunches up at the bottom and I cannot wear or buy any pants or normal shorts yet. It gives a bit of an hourglass shape.

I can post face of you want to get an idea?
Thank you Oh Glorious Trips.

Far left: Peak gains, 2015, life was good
Middle: Recovering heroin addict in the army, getting out for pissing hot ready to start life over
Far right: 2013, natty, just getting into working out
195lb 6-8%, 180lb 12%, 150 1/2 5%
5'9"

shut the fuck up and do exactly as you are told.

what the fuck is wrong with your crotch

he's a fire fighter

Cycle?

Holy fuark that's hot

500 deca/wk 500 test/wk
iunno

obviously only on cycle in the first picture

can't wait to get back on, gonna run 250 test/wk + 50mg dbol 50mg adrol for 6 weeks-- then 250mg test for 12 additional weeks to see how I respond. I have such hatred stored up ready to unleash when i get outta the army in 6 days

How come you are in the army? Story? Mirin' them gains anyway.

>became at father at age 22
>depression sets in
>daily IV heroin user to combat depression
>dreams of becoming a pro bodybuilder/physique guy on halt
>join army to run from home at support son
>scored a 93 on the asvab and pick infantry because i want to kill motherfuckers
>this place isn't for intellectual badasses
>quit heroin but getting kicked out for pissing hot from MDMA, Marijuana, Cocaine
>journey to San Diego ensues and get my physique back
>lonely as fuck but only using productive drugs from now on IE. Amphetamines, Psychedelics

I can't wait to start over in the gym, I predict 6 months before I'm back @ 200lb sub 8% bf, living it up in California riding sportbikes just being a cocky piece of shit salesperson at 24 years old

don't do opiates to repress emotions

What the fuck you literally look like a video game character

is it true firefighters are getting cancer at high rates?

well, try inhaling smoke on a regular basis.

Holy shit, I bet you've got some stories to tell. Good luck with your new beginnings and godspeed.

Godspeed, user.
Depression is hell. Two years in hospital from my attempt. Never give up.

3 months, im trying soo hard to gain weight

Yes. Cancer and suicide are killing firefighters faster than "line of duty" deaths, although much of that cancer and suicide is attributed to chemicals and situations encountered while on duty.

Oh damn dude.