>mfw he quarter squats for 5
>lost all respect for him immediately

Who was in the wrong here?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/kV4Dz4S_gwl
youtu.be/MK23CuAfeuA?t=2m7s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I know this feel.

I've lost much respect for many people after seeing them quarter their lifts or mix-grip their deadlifts.

>due loading up 3pl8 bench
>oh shit it's about to get real
>doesn't look that big, but strength =/= size
>mfw he barely brings his arms to parallel, not even close to full ROM

>get btfo by random quartersquatting roider in the aesthetics department
>feel superior for going atg the way rip taught you

did you learn anything?

i saw two guys making a huge deal about half squatting 3plates today, they were even spotting eachother.

Wut? No, I learned nothing.

I said he was big. I didn't say he was aesthetic. He definitely wasn't roiding. He looked like a conventional powerlifter, just had no depth at all.

>guy loading up 4 pl8 squats
>dis gun be gud, can't wait till her fucks his sh-
>mfw he reps that shit out

I ain't even mad since I just hit 3 pl8. I'm coming for you 4 pl8 NIGGER!! REEEEEEEE

Inspiring. Wish I had such lads at my gym. It shames me that I weight 20 lbs more than guys lifting double what I lift.

>or mix-grip their deadlifts.

snapped my ligaments in my left knee playing rugby so can only half squat without it giving up and seizing up.

Nice to see Veeky Forums thinks it's funny to look down on the disabled.

youtu.be/kV4Dz4S_gwl
Pay special attention to the grip that every single deadlifter uses in this video

So you were a man once, and now that you've been injured your penis has split into a weeping flower... Do I have that right?

>4 pl8 squats
Had a roommate that kept a squat rack in our living room and would rep 405-415 while I spotted him. I never felt comfortable spotting him because my best squat was like 265 for reps.

You can't really spot a squat as a single spotter. It's a two-man job.

slow and steady brah. I'm pretty chunky right now as well, but as long as you are progressing you will be able to one day cut your fat and reveal your creamy aesthetic center. I recommend la fitness/golds gym for some swole inspiration. Some people cower when they see ripped chads, I say fuck your own insecurities and harness that for motivation.

This, you're not going to be zercher squatting it back up. You're just there to make sure they get it back on the pins when they rerack.

I know you've got more power in you user. If you really want it you can get it. 265 is basically 315 and if you get there you are on your way. I believe in you

>penis

i said knee, it's alway about muh dick with you guys..

iktf
>see one of the regular guys at my school gym come in and take the rack next to me, good build can tell he works out. I see him throw 315 on the bar and quarter squat it

>just today different gym regular comes in to bench press, starts with 225 and the bar doesn't get within 5 inches of his chest

mfw both guys have a better physique than me

The point of spotting isn't to pick up (in this case 405) it is that the guy who failed the rep and the spotter will together be able to safely rerack the weight.

Just because you fail a rep doesn't mean you leave all the weight for your spotter to pickup.

I know what spotting is for.

The point is that, mechanically, there's no way for you, as a single spotter, to assist a squatter in need of assistance out of a failed rep. You can't get a safe leverage on the bar adequate to the purpose. You need two people: one under each end of the bar. Bear hugging your bro and trying to stand up isn't spotting. It's asking to share an injury.

Saw a guy bench 4 pl8s today

>video unavailable
Kys faggot

Natty?

>girl with pixie cut and decked out in sporty clothes
>always has a protein shake with her
>she sets up at squat rack
>pads the bar
>wears a belt
>wears wrist bands
>think "wow how much is she gonna do"
>starts squatting bar
>maybe this is her warm up
>does this for about 20 minutes
>she leaves squat rack
I see her everyday and all she does is curl now

>taking women seriously at the gym

lmao. this is your typical female. basically, she wants to be around guys, but isn't interested in what they're doing.

Bro, I don't think you've ever been properly solo squat spotted. When you spot you gotta throw your arms under their elbows and bring your hands up to their pecs, you give them bad boys a nice solid squeeze for leverage (not some faggot massage) and then jam your hips into their glutes as hard as possible.
I've done this at least ten times on weight from 225 to 550 and every time I get the weight back on the pegs. Dudes specifically ask for me to spot them when they go for PRs cause they know I've got them if shit goes south.

Nah, a two-person spot is just easy mode. He failed a few times going for extra reps, and I was able to help him out. It was just nerve racking dealing with all the weight. It wasn't hard.

Most I've seen in person was 3pl8s in decline for 3 reps.

So don't do squats you retard, talk with a sports med doc or sports physiotherapist and figure out what you can do. Quarter squatting places more shear stress on the anterior tendons and ligaments.

This.

>mfw someone suggests containing it

>disabled at my gym guy parks his brodozer in the primo handicapped spot
>uses a cane, slowly hobbles from machine to machine
>fucking huge arms, but moves so, so slow
get the fuck out of the way cripple

>12
>5'10"
NIGGA WHAT

I -is it okay if I ATG 185 and that's my max? I'm trying bros..

but user, all the lifters in the vid are black. So does it matter?

all the "kids" at the little league world series are fucking breasts
>shorter than a twelve year old

I can't hook grip and I ain't using straps. Mixed is the next best.
Bff pic related is literally the image for deadlifting in the powerlifting wiki entry.
>The deadlift being performed by 2009 IPF World ChampionDean Bowring
Notice anything with his grip?

>bff
btw not sure how I fucked that up

>Notice anything
Yes, he bathed in chalk.

>foreigner assmad that he lives in a shithole
Stop being poor lol

I fucking witnessed this same scenario this morning jfc

>guy takes the rack next to me
>sets bar at chest height
>puts on lmao1plaet
>asks if I can help him for a sec
>confused but okay
>he wants me to help him carry the bar in front of the rack for diddly
>instead of just holding it in the clean position and walking backwards
>oh well, help him out
>go and grab a plate to add on my side because surely he won't diddly 1plate, right?
>wrong, he does
>for 10 reps
>back straight, but leans way back at the top on every rep
>cringe internally
>leaves after one set, doesn't return bar or weights

Came here to say I just saw the same thing last night (friday)

Hands down, gayest thing I've read on this site.

You haven't been here long, then.

I saw a guy rep 4.5pl8 in my gym for 9 reps and he has lifted 370kg with equipment.

>doing lateral raises
>low weights (15 lbs dumbells), strict form
>~5 ppl in the entire gym, off hours, plenty of space for everyone
>some lanklet creeps up, grabs 18 lbs dumbells and stands right next to me, slightly behind me
>starts doing lateral raises with garbage form
>looks at me smugly in between sets
wat the fug

>Tfw gym is full of hardcore lifters, natty and not.
>Jealous of other anons that hang out in normie gyms where 3plaet diddy/1plaet OHP is considered even remotely impressive.

I had the same thought.

>I ain't using straps
Autism.

This is like using the urinal adjacent to somebody else when there are other urinals available further away.

Honestly though the weirdest part of your story is that your gym stocks 18 lb dumbbells.

you're probably a yank that's never seen rugby but anyone that plays it is definitely classified as a man (except for backs)

how the fuck does the idea that he gets a knee injury and continues to WORK THROUGH THE INJURY to the best of his ability make him less of a man? the rippletoe worship here is unreal

yuri belkin pulls mixed grip, what now nigger?
when will Veeky Forums finally lift?

>ATG
>Rip Squat
hahaha

Freely translated from kg. Gym has 1,2,3,...20 kg dumbells and then 20,22,24,...50 kg dumbells

Sounds like a kyriakos grizzly jr. nothing wrong with aspiring to be a bloatmaxxx beast.

If you see anybody in a commercial gym squatting 3 pl8 they're probably garbage squats

No, yuri just pulled hook grip for his new world record after he realizes its the better grip. Mixed grip retards BTFO

>3.5pl8

Help a brainlet out, was this in kg? How could he do half a plate?

I see later in your post you use lbs, but 45/2 is 22.5.

probably a rough estimate, or maybe if they're turbo autismo they actually micro load

It depends
>Just half repping whole workout
>no respect

>does 3 proper sets then goes for one or two more
>go heavier than you actually can
>do some partials and negatives with it
>respect

Second option actually helps you get used to that weight for when you move up to it.

/thread

That's it boys, everybody go home.

for sure, but let's not even get into that. so many Veeky Forums retards don't believe in shocking the cns to adapt to heavier loads

this place is basically reddit in terms of actual discussion

Same thing happened to me at my gym.
>see giga nigga load up 3pl8
>quarter squats for 5-10
I was disappointed. There is another guy i saw squatting 4pl8 full depth though.

I know my man, it doesn't even amuse me that the CBT threads never show anyone who looks like they can hit the Estats people keep posting on here.

>basically reddit in terms of actual discussion
come on now

people on reddit actually lift

So after squatting I should load up more weight and half/negative rep it?
P-pls no bully

not a bad idea, it's more of a higher level programming tactic for making very minimal adaptations when they matter most

like say your program has you working up to lots of heavy singles at 95% 1rm right beforehand. At the end of your sessions you might put yourself under the load of your projected meet weight, or maybe even more, and just feel and control it

>I can't hook grip
???
Literally everyone can

Usually on leg day I start with squats for 7 sets, divided as follows.

>set 1 really light weight for warmup 15-20 reps
>set 2 light weight for warmup 10-15 reps
>set 3 working set with 70% 1RM 6-10 reps
>set 4 working set with 80% 1RM 6-10 reps
>set 5 working set with 90% 1RM 5-10 reps
>set 6 1RM do 1 Rep then 4-5 partials
>set 7 overload set 110% 1RM, 5 negatives with 2 spotters helping you take it back up

>Two weeks before I attempt to move up in weight, I do without set 6 and 7 and move my working sets downs to 60%/70%/80%.

>Week before I attempt to move up in weight I skip leg day.

3.5 pl8 is three 20s and a 10 kg on each side of a 20 kg bar. So it's a hundred kilos.

(6*20)+(2*10)+20=160kg

...it's 160 kg

Good tactix user

>Veeky Forums shit on lotus for doing >100% intensity

/pol/ takeover is complete i guess

Oh, wow.

How did I even do that?

Props are neanderthals, second row are even lower on the evolutionary scale. On the day of the backline, they will all be sent to the oven.

I don't understand this meme that rugby is so violent. I'm a Yank that's seen rugby plenty and it's pretty much a less violent/dangerous American football.

I squat until my thighs are parallel to the ground. Is this not good? My PE teacher told me that further than parallel isn't good for the knees.

>not pushing as hard as you can
>Veeky Forums wonders why the majority of them never makes it

not making it to parallel is bad for your knees. anything below is fine for your knees unless they're caving. too much depth for your level of mobility can be bad for your lower back, though, it causes a hypo buttwink

>90% 1RM 5-10

lmao

spotted the manlet

natty detected

Asked this huge dude to check my form as I deadlifted 1 plate since A im dyel as fuck right now and B it felt like it was just wrong. Guy showed me how to do it right and suggested I deadlift 25 on each side until I can go 10 reps without losing my form. said I did the plate right but when I tried to do more it was all fucked up but starting lower like that would help me prepare not to injure myself. Guy had all sorts of stories about people who he knew that ruined themselves on deadlift but whats this not putting away your equipment shit.

>he can't 5 rep 90% of his 1rm

>is jacked
>loads lmao1pl8 squat
>does quarter reps for 8
Laws of nature apply differently to Chads apparently.

Have you ever been inside of a gym, let alone touched a weight? You don't touch the bar if you are spotting a squat, you put your forearms under the squatters armpits, squat when he squats and help him out of the hole if he gets stuck.

youtu.be/MK23CuAfeuA?t=2m7s

Not to mention it's fucking dangerous. They could decide to just dump the weight behind them if they're failing a rep and it could land on you. There are videos of it happening. Just use safety bars. I would never spot a squat.

nice. I haven't seen anyone bench 3pl8 yet. I've seen very close to it though.

Well, you should have learned something. "Full range of motion" reps don't mean shit.

A girl asked me to spot her squatting once. Didn't do any weird shit, just told her I'll pull the bar up when I see her struggling too hard to come out of the hole.

That's exactly what I did. Nothing remarkable.

It was 3x 45 lbs plates and 1x 25 lbs plates. 3.5pl8 was a rough estimate for storytelling purposes.

Read Starting Strength.

You actually stress the tendons in your knees by squatting above parallel. Squatting below parallel is the only way to fully engage your hamstrings, which helps you spring out of the hole and actually makes squatting safer for your knees.

hitting depth on the squat transfers pressure off of your knees so that when you reverse the force you're not slamming on the breaks with your joints

she probably wasn't squatting big weight though, which is what the proper spotting technique is necessary for