Should I go running in the cold?

Should I go running in the cold?

depends
are you a bitch?

yes just get some gloves and a hat and your good to go

cardio kill gainz idiot

In through the nose; out through the mouth.
Layer up your clothing and cover your head.
Cotton on the inner layer, poly fabric on the outside.
Gloves, too. Be sure to stretch beforehand.

>t. Caitlin

Your gym doesn't have mills? Use them if you don't want to catch the cold(and loose the muscle)

my mother does it. if you bitch out, then you lack the will of a 5'4'' woman pushing 60.
but it is much tougher. the cold air really does a number on your lungs.

I'm hitting the road motherfuckers

Of course, it's the perfect texture for running.

good luck. watch slippery areas tho

enjoy your run, user

I run to and from my gym every workout instead of my car, and I usually start around 2am. It's refreshing, and it's just cold air. What are you gonna do, die?
>quote from man found dead

Why not just go trail running?

Yes. If you can put up with how shitty it feels for a couple weeks, you'll get used to it and it'll feel almost worth running in warmer weather. Just remember to dress for the weather and watch for ice.

Above freezing temp, I run in shorts and my underarmour hoodie. I don't dress in tights or anything because my legs will warm up in a few hundred meters anyway. I never stretch before running - just start slow and let your muscles warm before you pick up the pace. Stretch after the run. Hydrate right away after running and get some electrolytes in there, you can lose just as much water in the winter. Don't let your immune system suffer.

depends on humidity, temperature, wind. Care to tell us that?

What's cold for you isn't cold for me.

Ran in my shorts and a hoodie. Hoodie was actually too thick for the last mile. Drinking a banana + blueberry + kale smoothie i maDE before I left

As long as it's not icy, I fucked my self up bad in the army running on ice.

good advice

>should I go run
Yes
>in the cold?
Why would that matter?

i like this thread

Define 'cold'.

>In through the nose; out through the mouth.
who actually believes this stupid shit
you get nowhere near enough oxygen like that

Man, she had mad delts, look at that right pic

Why is it that I have much more endurance when I run in the cold than when it's warmer?

you get overheated and possibly dehydrated when its warm out

Absolutely, just bundle up, and watch out for slippery surfaces. My winter running gear is typically a thick hoodie, toque, (or beanie for you Americans), sweatpants, and a scarf if it's really cold. You don't want to risk getting sick

I always get the feeling that air less dense in the cold. I can breath "more" and run more.

To me it's just a habit of getting use to. But colder than -5C and I'm not doing >85%HRmax, so intense cardio inside

who here enjoys /runninginthesnow/? I went out for a morning run today around 8am and my town was covered in a couple of inches of fresh unblemished snow. No slipping, just a bit of cold water up my shins from time to time and it was pretty awesome when it started snowing again around the second mile. Snow in my eyes, shaking it off my tracksuit every quarter mile or so. Feels good, almost comfy.

youre... actually not wrong, in that cold weather is usually part of a low pressure system. but that is absolutely not why. ground level air density (pressure) is based on altitude and remains fairly constant.
it's more what said. less sweating also means you're losing fewer electrolytes and tire slower.