/FAST/ #51 - EAT NOTHING TO BECOME NOTHING

/FAST/ FASTING GENERAL

What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and fat fasting
While fasting alone is fantastic for your health, Consider doing a ketogenic in addition to become god mode

>WHY CICO IS BULLSHIT
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0

>HGH , Test, and muscle growth?
youtube.com/watch?v=snyA5UgrZis
dietdoctor.com/fasting-muscle-mass

>WHY YOU SHOULD BE DOING KETO:
youtube.com/watch?v=Dan8qtgQRi8
youtube.com/watch?v=NqwvcrA7oe8

>how can I get a quick rundown? Where can I start?
dietdoctor.com/intermittent-fasting
dietdoctor.com/longer-fasting-regimens
youtube.com/watch?v=9idhb2aAfns
>any more info?
idmprogram.com/fed-fasted-state/
medium.com/the-mission/the-sweet-spot-for-intermittent-fasting-9aae12a2158c
youtube.com/watch?v=PKfR6bAXr-c
news.usc.edu/63669/fasting-triggers-stem-cell-regeneration-of-damaged-old-immune-system/

>Fung talks and lectures:
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
youtu.be/PSR82vmZ5lk
youtu.be/v9Aw0P7GjHE

>Doesn't salt make you explode?
youtube.com/watch?v=amJ-ev8Ial8

Other urls found in this thread:

cancer.org/latest-news/world-health-organization-says-processed-meat-causes-cancer.html
youtube.com/watch?v=dcS3363jci8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>day 2 of fast
>nonstop dreaming about eating food

Did anyone ever use Yohimbine HCL while water fasting with/without snake juice?
Could/should you?

I've tried a Yohimbine HCL/Caffeine stack on an empty stomach before, 120 bpm resting heart rate can't recommend.

And to be quite honest if you're snakejuice fasting the weight will go off quick enough, no need for other supplements.

Will smelling food break a fast?

How?

How caffeine sensitive are you though?

will LSD break my water fast?

Quite insensitive, i think the combination might have triggered something. It was a while ago though.

That's why I'm asking

Cause I just drank 2 large cups of black coffee and took 15mg yoh and I feel like I could take a damn nap.

I just brike my 96 hour fast and finally eate something, and I feel great, even if it was mostly carbohydrates.

Still 4 more hours to eat and I will make the most of them.

Only if it smells really strong or if you're thinking about it while you smell it

Thinking about eating can break a fast? Aw fuck.

Ate half a grapefruit after dinner today. I'm doing omad and I hope it doesn't kick me out of keto, gonna get some bulletmeme coffee in 10 mins just to get more fats tbf

Only if you eat your neighbors grass at 3AM

Any insight on this?

Who Veeky Forums here, but can't seem to fast enough to be /aesthetic/ because you're not vain enough?

23 hours of fasting a day is better than eating constantly, in terms of not getting stomach cancer.

also dont eat smoked or burnt foods if you are afraid of cancer

You're clearly vain enough, you just lack the willpower.

I know that feel, did my first 7 day fast recently and every night I'd dream about eating some bullshit and breaking my fast early and I would be disappointed in myself.

You're right. Willpower is the reason, vanity not really.

Chad doesn't fast so why should we?

because you're fucking fat and chad isn't

Chad never had to endure anything in his life. Maybe he has triple our attributes but he'll never beat us in WILLPOWER.

>dont eat smoked or burnt foods if you are afraid of cancer

That's horseshit.

Cancer is caused by inflamation from sugar, carbs, etc. some suggest. I highly doubt fasting, the oldest diet in human history, will exacerbate one's chances of developing some sort of cancer in the stomach.

Does vaping break my fast?

I ate a hamburger, a big piece of pizza with way too much cheese, a shitload of chocolate, white bread, 2 slices of whole grain bread with cream cheese and a currywurst today.

Anyone else BLOATMAXXING over the winter so they can fast longer in spring?

cancer.org/latest-news/world-health-organization-says-processed-meat-causes-cancer.html

"Processed meat includes hot dogs, ham, bacon, sausage, and some deli meats. It refers to meat that has been treated in some way to preserve or flavor it. Processes include salting, curing, fermenting, and smoking. Red meat includes beef, pork, lamb, and goat."

JESUS CHRIST YOU PEOPLE ARE SO FUCKING STUPID AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Most people seem to feel like shit when fasting, but after 48 hours I actually have a lot of energy. My body felt lighter and easier to control, I ended up running a mile (I never fucking run) and cleaned the whole house.
Anyone else feel better after fasting?

wait until 8 hours from now lol rip

Yea, but giving extremely high doses of isolated chemicals found in some foods to lab rats is hardly conclusive evidence to prove something causes cancer.

There are many people that live on bacon and eggs their whole lives that never develop cancer. Fasting (autophagy) might also repair some of these cells that have been damaged.

Good thing fasting kills cancer so you can eat all that good shit be fine

Well after 48 hours I had some vitamins, carrot sticks, and mayo eggs. I didn't feel hungry, but I didn't want to drink the snake juice.

Should I go for longer? I'm a grill and I read studies that women shouldn't fast for extended periods, because it could mess up your menstrual cycle.

>Processes include salting, curing, fermenting, and smoking.
Our ancestors have been preserving food for the winter just like that for thousands of years. If you're European or NE Asian, you especially are adept to eating preserved food.

i do 23/1 intermittent fasting to combine the benefits of a decently long fast with the benefits of eating :)

lol right good thing fasting kills benign, non-cancerous tumors

hurr durr the link was a meta-analysis of 800 human-based studies

>fasting cures cancer
JUST

>thinking genetics evolve within a few thousand years

KILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YOU GUYS ARE CRIMINALLY FUCKING RETARDED JESUS

Humans have evolved the most rapidly over the last 5,000 years.
If Europeans and East Asians can rule over the subhumans so easily and have been eating preserved food in the winter, I think that says something.

>hurr durr the link was a meta-analysis of 800 human-based studies

>WHO study

Yes, goyim. Trust (((our))) medical expertise and (((research))).

You're damned if you do and damned if you don't with the AMA and WHO, who don't know shit about shit.

these articles are to damn long just tell me how long to wait between meals

>i do 23/1 intermittent fasting to combine the benefits of a decently long fast with the benefits of eating :)
How much weight have you lost?

how quick does weight fall off on a snake juice fast? is it really that quick?

>cancer.org/latest-news/world-health-organization-says-processed-meat-causes-cancer.html
that's been debunked dude

This kinda makes sense though. The body naturally breaks down cells to be reused. This is especially true with cancer cells. The body is constantly trying to destroy the tumor, but we're constantly and quite literally feeding it. Fasting cures cancer.

>just 5 more kilos away from ideal weight
>all of a sudden urge to eat constantly
jeezum crikes /fast/ help me out, why is this urge so strong all of a sudden? this has been going on for a week with no end in sight

I watched snakeman's video on hemorrhoids.
Anyone else here cured hemorrhoids by fasting, or with another method? What was your process?
youtube.com/watch?v=dcS3363jci8
Here's the vid.

lunch:
egg omelette with onion, tomato, cheddar cheese, bacon, spinach
vegeterian beans
2 sausage links
2 cups of watermelon + cantaloupe
eggnog oatmeal
eggnog french toast

dinner:
roast beef on italian with sids cheese, mustard, lettuce tomato and onion
mexican rice
tomato + greenbeans

realistically, how many calories did I eat today (or am going to eat)?

During fasting I feel pain in areas where I have been injured, Usually after 24 hours.

Each time I fast the pain seems to get less and less.

30 lbs, went from 195 to 165 in 2 months

TIL fit is pol

Just broke my 72 hour fast with almonds, an apple, 4 eggs, a salad of tomatoes, orange pepper, olives, lettuce and olive oil, and half an avocado mixed with an hard boiled egg.

How'd I do?

I would say unless you're trying to get pregnant, listen to your body and work up to a longer fast if you wish, and if you start feeling adverse side effects, stop. That goes for any user. My cycles have been perfectly normal (maybe a little lighter, less painful) even on months when fasting 7 days + snake juice but everyone is different. You won't permanently damage yourself if you try it out and discover it's not for you, and there are many benefits to longer fasting periods.

Have you been restricting your calories? I've been eating 23/1 at around 700-900 a day.

Cole has never mentioned Magnesium supplementation while fasting but it's very important. The problem is that mose magnesium supplements are very low potency, meant to supplement, not replace food. Where can I find a high potency Magnesium supp? I've been on keto OMAD and now I'm 180 @ 6' tall. I should be able to do the snek juice diet until Christmas, no? I will be doing minor lifting along the way, I just have dumbbells.

did you shave your entire torso m8

Earlier in the year I did a ketogenic diet to great effect, I’m considering the snake fast but I’m concerned about muscle wasting. Is it really a safe way to lose fat without seriously affecting gains?

>TIL fit is pol
Can you actually explain what this statement means?
I want you to tell me how talking about who studies makes me pol.

Okay. Watched the first 3 minutes of the first video. The test group wasn't given any meat. Just starchy carbs. No wonder they went bat shit crazy.

Tbh I am more interested in how ulcerogenic fasting can prove long-term (considering stomach ulcers have been recognized as a precancerosis for awhile).

>TIL
You have to go back.

negative, I eat between 2000-3500 calories per day realistically, but i'm feeling that only around 1000-1500 are actually being absorbed by the insulin

I will tell you though that salt is fucking crazy on this diet and can make you retain pounds and pounds of water which will mask your progress

how can i help?

yeah i hate body hair and so do the chicks

you weren't the worst offender but I don't see how someone can debunk the aggregation of 800 studies

Look, i love processed food, i eat it every day, but i recognize that there's a slight chance im fucked

>The test group wasn't given any meat
They don't say that

>but I don't see how someone can debunk the aggregation of 800 studies
So how does that make it pol?
I want you to explain how that's pol.

Just getting into my hour 213 of my fast, emotional af and i my stomach has never been so loud but hunger zero please send help

Will eating so little calories put me into "starvation mode" as the fatties call it? My BMR is probably around 1,500.

Give me the cold hard facts Veeky Forums, traditionally I and everyone else I know have been told that not eating 'puts your body into starvation mode and slows your metabolism, also not eating is extremely unhealthy and dangerous which is why breakfast is the most important meal for energy etc'

Is there anything factual in the above claims? If not, where do they come from? I personally feel pretty good after 18 hours or so of fasting when its time to eat my first meal. But I also know how awful it can be starting a night of work on an empty stomach. Maybe energy begins to regulate more after fasting for longer, more information needed.

Tell me what you know Veeky Forums, I'd like to lose weight and feel better, my guts are a mess really. My hope is losing all this extra fat might stop all this acid reflux and bloated sensations if im not a mess of cancer that I just dont know about. My girlfriend also wants to lose weight, but I dont want to subject her to any regime that might hurt her.

>so do the chicks
wots your sample size of chicks surveyed

you aren't putting anything in your stomach, therefore stomach acid is not being produced, therefore how could you get an ulcer or stomach cancer? the stomach is basically a hopper for food. if you overload it, then it will need to repair itself.

though I am generally very critical of the US, the western governments, and the elites of the world who control our lives, I do not feel that this particular study is a (((jewish psyop))) that is meant to get us to not eat meat and all become (((soyboys))).

Also if someone can link me who actually debunked the study, then we can figure out what's going on on both sides. But until then, to just reject a piece of information because it's from the (((WHO))), this feels like the quintessence of pol to me

nope, I think you're going to be completely fine. desu, 23/1 with good macros and a calorie deficit and some very light hours of exercise sounds like an awesome diet

I do 23/1 with shit macros, no deficit, and more exercise because I lack willpower and I'm calling it "an experiment"

much less than 10 so buyer beware

Namefags are cancer dude, especially this woods one. Don’t expect shit.

>namefags are cancer
>nobody else posting body photos
ok m8

"Starvation mode" is your body just being more efficient with calories. If you're eating a small meal of fat/protein then you're fulfilling all of your metabolic needs. You don't have to constantly supply your body with excess calories compromised of sugars and carbs.
Fasting and OMADing will probably lower your BMR, but that just means you eat less food. Praise be if you're a poorfag. Eating 4oz of meat and 16 oz of greens once a day is actually doing great for my wallet and my health.

They call it starvation mode, but it's actually a good thing. Would you say that a car that starts running longer on less gasoline is in "starvation mode"? It's supposed to be a good thing.

>though I am generally very critical of the US, the western governments, and the elites of the world who control our lives, I do not feel that this particular study is a (((jewish psyop))) that is meant to get us to not eat meat and all become (((soyboys))).Also if someone can link me who actually debunked the study, then we can figure out what's going on on both sides. But until then, to just reject a piece of information because it's from the (((WHO))), this feels like the quintessence of pol to me
No one said that you fucking faggot. I said its been debunked and that's all I said. That doesn't make it pol you idiot.
You shouldn't be you look like a twink. Wheres your body hair dude?

When should I fast if i try to workout every other day? Is it detrimental to gains if i do this on a rest day? Should I take two rest days and begin my fast asap on rest day 1?

>tfw 24 hours without a soft drink

I'd compromise. Fast for weightloss and OMAD if you're trying to build muscle.
OMAD with good macros, this is a must. Don't just eat 2,000 calories worth of eggos and syrup. Eat fatty meat and a bunch of high-fiber fruits/veggies.

WHY DO THE MOTHER FUCKING FAGGOTS IN FAST HATE MY FUCKING NOSE?

check out the other two people i replied to with you... they literally said that. where's the debunkment then?

>you look like a twink
TRY LOSING 30 LBS THEN YOU FUCKING QUEER

i prefer you over the fucking retarded faggots in this thread these days

also chec out my body foto bb can i get a r8

Thanks

I'll bulk for some time longer and check out omad. I'll fast when its time to cut and make room for it

REMINDER TO EVERYONE:
You can filter tripfags through the settings of Veeky Forums.

good then less fucking retards will be responding to me

God I hate those faggots. Stil it’s fun to see them fail at understanding the why they are faggots.

>check out the other two people i replied to with you
Only 1 said that and you called me pol when I wasnt faggot. Also thinking something is a conspiracy doesn't make them pol you boogeyman larping faggot
>TRY LOSING 30 LBS THEN YOU FUCKING QUEER
try lifting weights queer

Has anyone else tried adding things to their snake potion? I've done cayenne and was thinking about trying cinnamon.

>everything you said
ok

>try lifting weights queer
i literally have all sorts of nerve damage and impingements and shit in my brachial plexus = i can't lift

I do fuckloads of cardio anyway dog so you can take your body dysmorphia, rich piana worshipping ass elsewhere

It doesn't run more efficiently, it just sacrifices functions to preserve energy, and without a lot of research you can only hope those functions don't include the brain and heart.

>tfw started 23/1 so I could eat big meals as I like
>tfw still hungry after a 1500 calorie meal

Why do I have more energy while fasting than I did while eating 6+ high carb meals a day? I also am way more focused and can work better, longer.

what did you eat? hunger is regulated by stomach fullness m8

I was really full right after my meal, but an hour later and I'm hungry again. I ate a lot of eggs, a big salad, and a can of sardines.

>have lower BMR
>have more energy
Pick one.

did you eat protein and veggies?

interesting, so you went pretty high on the protein. I usually balance fat sugar and protein nearly 33/33/33, if sometimes i amp up the fat and sugar by a bit instead

protein takes 3 hours to digest and 30% of the calories are burned absorbing it, so you only ate 1000 in reality.

Next time tomorrow when you eat (yes, try to go that long), you can add more sauces and butter to your food and see if it keeps you fuller longer

It's true though.
This is me.

maybe you should eat a 2500 calorie meal

So not looking like a 12 year old girl means I have BD and want to look like rich piana?
So you call everything pol and talk in extremes, you absolutely don't belong here dude. Seriously why not just go to reddit?

You're probably right about the protein. With that being said I forgot to drink water during the meal, so now half a liter later I feel a lot less hungry. That might have been it.

how fasting works? you only drink water?

During the first few days of the fast you actually heightened BMR. It decreasing over multiple extended fasts seems like a dangerous cost, though. It means you will have lower energy while also easily going over maintenance calories, so the extra calories will get stored as fat.

just bantz mate. it's because nobody wants to acknowledge that i have lost a fuck ton of weight, so i have to respond with pure bantz

good for you!!! yeah ghrelin, hunger hormone, triggered solely by stomach fullness and not calories consumed. you could just drink water if you are having legit pangs

but on 23/1 i never have a hunger pang ever

Is fasting for me?

I'm 101kg, 180cm, 18, been lifting for 4 years.
I'm probably about 25% bodyfat

Just wanna get lean for military service asap