Friendly reminder

Friendly reminder

This is not a social interaction at all. Some of us must take our leave from this place.

delet

Why some of you guys are so socially inept? Is it anxiety, shame, insecurity?

Never learned proper social skills and what it all meant in the long run

Used to hang out with people, used to have gfs, used to have a life

Now I'm some fucking loner with (A good sum to my name)

I'm rich and donate my money whenever I feel like it because this paper we have "achieved" means nothing anymore

I was bullied in high school for having an abnormally large head, every time I would go some place social, I would get all these looks and sometimes even comments. I would feel rejected for something I have no control over, my appearance.

Over time this has created an inherent hatred towards anything social, every time I would enter a room full of people, I would feel like I am being negatively judged. Of course this does not happen anymore, since I am 6'1 and I lift, so my head to body ratio is more normal, but when you experience this kind of rejection for over a decade, you will develop these kind of issues.

My name literally translates to 'alone'

Post head.

Sam?

Multi-time college drop out here, watching my friends and all the other people I went to school with move on while I got left behind shattered my confidence and selfworth

You're right, but it is all I have.

Einar

What language is that? Sam is an English name but in Polish it means 'alone'

and get negatively judged again? no thank you

did you take up lifting to try and get your body in proportion to your head? That's what i'm doing

It's Icelandic

I was homeschooled. What else is there to say.

Not that I'm like that anymore, but in high school I was so afraid of being socially inept that I ended up acting socially inept.

yes, that's one of the reasons

Used to be a criminal, didn't realize the long term consequences this sets up for your life

>Expelled from High school
>Rebelled like a nut from 14-22
>Cousins where jealous and envious I was getting arr=ested, and kicked out of high school
>tfw. went to the worst ghetto "continnuation school"
>Never graduated
>Ended up at 24 getting my high school dipoloma
>Went to college
>Now 31. and salaried at 125k
>Promotions keep coming, plenty of room to grow but I fucked up in high school and never learned proper social skills

I dunno, Anons are so much better than most of the people I encounter...and my IRL friends are here too

Sam? As in Samuel? That's not English bro

Interesting, my exact opposite. I bet you even have a girlfriend.

kek my head is small, so when get big it gets comical. It's always something, isn't it.

Nicholasfag here

From Greek. Nike (like the shoe brand) + laos (root word of laity, layman)

Name literally means "the victorious people." Nick should be the new Chad

No, once again

I never learned social skills so I spent time dedicating my life to a better cause. Have done community service for a long time paying back my debt to society. Probation and house arrest for some time

>Basically had to feed the poor, and it started to open me up to the possibilites

>Frankly, I wont lie. I moved to another state with a fresh start and only $1500 to my name. No family support, as I never asked them for anything

Move to another state
Found a corporate job
Received projects within 3 months of working there and began taking on a training/leadership role
Promoted within 6 months, than again 4 months after that
Than 10 months after that found another job that pays extremely well.

Basically, background check was cleared after 18. Got a new chance at life, found a job, got a high school diploma and made it one day with hard work

Kind of neglected family, friends, and have never really been interested in women until I started tuning 30. Realized that other people are married at this point in their life and have kids, and that is when my depression started. Late 20s/early 30s

I'm doing well right now, but no friends, no gf

t.

>and get negatively judged again?
Bitch, where the fuck do you think you are? You'll post your fucking head if you know what's good for you.

What field are you in? Wondering how I can turn my life around.

>I bet you even have a girlfriend.
continued.

While I'm being honest today, I've actually never had a long term gf and it will take a lot of rebuilding my social life to actually get there one day.

My dream is to find a girl between 24-28 who has career and life goals, who was raised conservative and than I can settle down.

Just a brainlet who was a late bloomer

Ended up making it in the tech field since certs and studying was all I had time for with no gf, and no friends

Depression. Sort of. I find joy in lifting but nothing else, not even my university studies.

So i guess shame would be most relevant.

The job kind of sucks btw, picture your life passing you by while you make a lot of money, travel across the US for "meetings" and in the bck of your mind two things are going through daily

1. You sit looking at monitors all day and working most of the day
2. You realize you sit here, make money and your life passes you by because tfw no gf, tfw no friends

I'm not
I'm just bored desu

Best of luck to you, few people are capable of changing as you did.

Thanks for sharing user. I worked a computer desk jockey job for 4 years, couldn't stand it and quit. As for your social life, most people are in the same boat (read "Bowling Alone"). I guess you need to pick a social hobby and get good enough to provide value to other people. Best of luck to you bro.

Will lifting cure my depression, loneliness, self loathing and low self esteem?

omg im so retarded, I wanted to make a thread instead I replied here

It won't cure it completely but getting healthy definitely helps. If you are like me you will feel even worse than before if you skip workouts however.

It will certainly help user. But fitness is just one pillar; eventually we need to work on economic, social and spiritual improvement

Depression and Self Loathing: Probably is cured through lifting, makes you feel better about your self.

Low Self Esteem: If you work on your posture and physique, it will improve

Loneliness? good luck curing that through lifting, you get to be a 6'4" 240lb Ubermensch who can deadlift 5 plates with no Gf only to see jose the 5'6" overweight mexican walk into your University gym with a 6/10 GF

It will give you a goal that you work on daily, and the progress will give you positive emotion, and the aesthetic benefits (as long as you keep your bodyfat low) will slightly increase your social value.

It will help, but it won't cure it.

aspergers and shitty parenting

I was homeschooled until 7th grade. Also went to a fundamental church during that time. I despise my parents' choices.

2-3 generations worth of low infant mortality and late paternity leading to high mutational load

probably

No I don't think so, but it will help and you should lift. I'm now (20 y/o) at my fittest ever but my self esteem is at its lowest.

Validation of others will cure depression and low self esteem.

Do you have scientific evidence to back this up?

Yea, I do and actually have certain cases I can point to but that is beside the point.

Headbrah I know your feels. That’s why you have to get jacked to compensate for your big head. If I can do it so can you. I believe in you.

i have social anxiety

Borderline aspie. was a fat, pigheaded crybaby with a fundamentalist religious background in my childhood.

Depends. Lifting and cardio can give you a boost in self-confidence, but you can't rely entirely on lifting alone, or else you'll turn into one of those ugly gymrat.

I mean if you're going to meetings in different cities might as well give no fucks and just go out when your free to bars and just talk to people.

Yea, I've done it when I was in Boston and Chicago

Basically, I did talk to some people from Boston (My crowd 25-30) in a bar and talked/drank with the locals until 3am and than had a flight out of Boston at 10am

What a night, anyway everyone I talked to kind of knew I was in town for business with said company

It's actually pretty simple in my case (just turned 26, kissless permavirgin, haven't had friends since I was like 13)

I had friends in elementary school and middle school. When high school hit, I lost them. I went through high school without friends (only had acquaintances), and therefore I didn't hang out with anyone to develop social skills. My stunted social skills took me to college, where I didn't know how to talk to people, so I was basically alone there as well and social skills atrophied even more.

No social skill growth in those vital times led to it happening post-schooling as well. And now I'm at the point where I literally don't want to meet people because they will see I have no life and will ditch me, or in the case of girls, they will also see that I have no romantic/sexual/relationship experience and ditch me for that as well.

The worst thing is that it isn't like I was some aspie who wouldn't talk, I have no problem making people laugh, it's just that no one wants to be friends. I guess I just get too loud/obnoxious/annoying/autistic/sarcastic/mean/ some combo for people to want to be around me.

Starting to notice your posts..

There's nothing socially wrong with you, you're just a coward who's been convinced that's ok and that you just don't fit.

That or your self-awareness is severely flawed and your description of your situation is missing key details or is almost entirely wrong.

The meds stopped working so I'm back to constantly having to assure myself that everyone isn't trying to kill me all the time, so I cut out any personal relationships I've formed in the 2 year period I was sane.

I'm gonna start getting help and seeing if I can't figure something out, but at this point I'm thinking of just moving to a small town, getting a dog/home gym, and interacting with literally nobody unless I absolutely have to (work,groceries,whatever) and then dying.

I think it's just autism. My parents said that they tested me for autism when I was young and that the results came back negative, but I think they might've been wrong.

>my mother literally told me to just find a girl and fuck her already

When will it end, lads?

Decided to go through homeschooling to have more time to work in my parents business, on the one side I have no money worries or concerns about my future at 25, the bad is I'm a social tard.

no wonder you got bullied you raging faggot

>learn 2 bantz

Chad is chad

This doesn't deserve uts own thread

My father was an evil person and did not allow me to have friends.

I was in love with a childhood friend for the longest time. we know each other since 7, went to the same school till college. she wasn't really special face or body, but had that distinct quality of friendliness despite maintaining femininity. you can talk about boy shit and she wont judge you, just laugh cutely in a non-whorish way. i was the closest guy friend she had, and was certain we had a thing going on since she never had a bf and was a virgin (probably). i kept my feelings to myself until we graduated. after a week binging sappy movies and realizing come college we would be separated (she went for hotel management or whatever you call it whereas i pursued medicine), i decide to just vomit how i feel. she told me she needed time to consider and so i was cool with it. for about a month we stopped messaging like we used to on yim and after 3 months it ceased altogether. our holidays didnt exactly coincide so it was hard to see each other too. after 6 months i finally toughened up and accepted it as a rejection. about a year later we saw each other again in town, her hands fixed taut to a guy obviously older, well-off, much more good looking then i was. at that moment i was destroyed. i honestly thought i was over her, and in my frustration mixed with troubled thoughts i did something dumb, and began to ask around our friends about the 2. apparently she started dating less than a month into college with the standard sports chad, and didn't bother to tell me. this guy was her 2nd bf, she left the first after he double timed on her. i knew at that exact moment my concept of attraction based of media was wrong. i was 5'8, the others were 5'10. i couldnt even run half a marathon, they were star players in sports. i was a student working part time, he had a business and was making fine cash. it put me in a crisis.

>I work out in the library

>i knew at that exact moment my concept of attraction based of media was wrong

Good, you're finally turning into a ma--

>i was 5'8, the others were 5'10. i couldnt even run half a marathon, they were star players in sports

No, no no no no no, stop this. You are not going to get anywhere by just going on the exact opposite side of the manchild spectrum. Getting jealous of the manlet version of Chad isn't going to get you any closer to getting a gf than worshiping pussy did.

What are you snacking on tonight?

>If you are like me you will feel even worse than before if you skip workouts

This is extremely the case for me. Any day I take off for rest or whatever the case may be I feel immediately like shit again.

Celery and peanut butter

>Getting jealous of the manlet version of Chad isn't going to get you any closer to getting a gf than worshiping pussy did.
This

im ugly

>browsed Veeky Forums back when squats n oats was the thing to do
>eventually get to good stats for reps
>social life is coming along nicely
>eventually join a gang and get sent to prison for someshit
>get fat, get tats
>get released a couple of weeks ago
>start lifting again, start browsing Veeky Forums

honestly no idea why I'm back here, this place seems detrimental to personal development but the feels threads are amusing.

this is a strange place user. we all come back no matter what. it will either drag you down with it or you come out better.

I'm ugly. I just assume that people don't want to be seen with me so, I kinda just don't talk to lot of people.

why did you join a gang

i cant wrap my head around someone on fit being in a gang

Because sometimes I don't know if what I am saying or doing is right until sometime after the fact. I got isolated and picked on for shit like this most of my life.

I deserved it each time.

we are here forever.
while it may be mocked or made to be just a meme. it is a simple truth.

Here user