What's the most sore you've ever been?

What's the most sore you've ever been?

first time I deadlifted 100 kgs when I was a complete newfag, I had barely ever used any of the muscles that DLs use in my life, I pulled 2x5 at 90kgs then decided fuck it lets go for 100 while im here, managed my reps and felt like a king, went home just fine, woke up next morning feeling like somene had taken a baseball bat to me while I was asleep

could hardly hobble down the stairs let alone go gym

Hill sprints.

Did hip adductors and abductors like crazy first time since it didnt feel, did maybe 50 reps total and had pain for days. Looks gay but good for lot of things

bugenhagen-style Bent arm pullover to press on a decline bench

I second this. I've been running 7-8 miles without problems but as soon as I overdo hill sprints slightly, I'm being killed by shin splints.

after not working out all winter break, so about a month and finally going back and trying my regular working weight for squats which was 2 plates, i woke up the next morning thinking something ripped in my quads it hurt so bad for weeks like regular DOMS x 1000

besides noobie bicep DOMS, right now. Fucked up 295lb squat on 2nd rep and strained my lower back. Cant bend over without it hurting.

How did you not fuck your back up? Props for trying go hard or go home

I remember when I did duke of Edinburgh when i was like 17 I was sore as fuck
was in a group of one other guy and 4 girls
all the girls broke down and cried and me and the other guy had to carry all their shit
had doms and still had to continue the next 2 days carrying these bitches shit
hurt for like a week after that too

At college we had to get a parter for a "blowout" circuit.
>5x60kg deadlifts
>5x burpees over the DL bar
>5x 7kg med ball slams
>do one set, then partner does one etc, work/rest 1:1
>for 10 minutes straight

doesn't sound too bad but we ended up doing about 12 sets, so 60 of each in total.
Training the next day was pure agony

Probably the first time I ever did squats. I thought "hey this is pretty easy" and did set after set.

Probably my first time at the gym or first time I went wall climbing when I was very weak.

>climbing doms

Aka wake up in the camping and walk on all four for 10 minutes before working the courage to actually get up

Worked on form all the way up from pitiful 50kg deadlifts. I hurt something the first time I ever deadlifted when I put up only around 40kg including the bar, so I looked up a shit ton of videos on how to do it.
thanks pal I now pull 200kgs, still working at it

When I was a scout we did a 2 day hike over rough terrain in the mud and cold with heavy packs. Wasnt quite DOMS but I've never felt so fucking tired in my life.

lel squats you dont really feel untiil the next morning. Always find this

The first time I did my full advanced shoulders day

Military press, Arnold press, lateral raise

Holy shit

first time ever doing calve raises I did 8 sets of 15
the pain took more than a week to stop

I once tried to see how much I could burn out my calves, so I did 8 or 9 sets to failure on the calf raise machine, until I was only able to do a few reps with a plate on each side
The next morning I literally couldn't walk, like I physically wasn't able to put weight on my legs as I stepped forward without collapsing. I had to use my friend's old crutches and hobble to class, which took several times as long as it normally would have.

First time I ever went to a gym to lift, my buddies gave me a shaker bottle of green shit and said "lol drink this". Turns out it was creatine and I over trained so hard I puked twice driving home.

When I ran a marathon. I had to lean on my gf and have her help me walk to my car at the time Because I could barely walk.

>trained back on thursday
>friday football training from 7pm to 9pm
>after it relax about one hour
>then took speed and went to techno club
>raved 8 hours straight from 12pm to 8am the next morning

My legs and back where really sore lol. But I‘m used to some shit by now

Creatine doesn‘t go in your muscles this quickly. It was a booster that also contained creatine. The caffeine made you puke you fuckin sissy.

I’m used to not having DOMS anymore and I only do full body 3xweek. Would it be worth it to mix it up and absolutely rip my body apart with like 10x10 for 5 lifts of everything instead of 3x5 for 3 lifts?

When my now boyfriend fucked me in the ass for the first time. It hurt so much the next day but now it feels fantastic.

>taking speed
>taking speed when youre consciously trying to improve your body

All top tier exercises. Not surprised you felt that shit hard

I lift 5 times a week, eat a lot and well and sleep good.

When I want to party, maybe once every two months, I don't drink any alcohol but take some MDMA or amphetamine. Safer use is the key.

What's wrong with it, in your opinion?

The question is, when your routine no longer gives you DOMS, is that bad?

Does muscle soreness signify progress?

No, when I eat perfectly and sleep a lot I can bust my ass and still regenerate with barely any doms.

You must check your routine though because as you progress you MUST use either higher weight or volume. If neither increases you won't grow.

2013, well before I started lifting. Played on a traveling club dodgeball team in college. We had a tournament 6 hours away. It was a long day of playing and the drive home took especially long because of a snowstorm. So the group of us that was driving in my car stopped at my parent's house 2 hours away from our university. Was fine when we left my parents early after like 4 hours of sleep because one guy in our car had to work in 3 hours. Got back, went to go see a girl I was fucking, fell back asleep for like 6 hours and every muscle in my body was stuck. Couldn't move anything without pain and the total body DOMS lasted through the next weekend.

Nothing else has ever compared.

>mfw tried deadlifting for first time, went from 40 to 100kg in 10kg bumps
>by 100kg almost passed out but, well got it up with shaky legs
>it was more like stiff leg deadlift because i knew "its pull bro gotta pull!"
>after few months get to 3.5pl8
>snap my shit up during warmup because hurr warmup who cares lmao grip and rip yolo

As for soreness goes, yall niggas never had hard neck soreness

depends

if you squat everyday you will not be sore from it anymore

but you are almost bound yo be sore after hitting muscle groups that you havent worked on in a while.

Also, if you wreck muscle group on day one,am and go hard on day two you are actually doing more damage than good. You need to work up to such work load over time

>start working out about 6 months ago.
>haven't worked out for 6 years.
>think I should do as much volume as 6 years ago
>work back/bis
>worked out so hard that the muscles in my left arm were literally swollen for a week. Not from injury, just over worked them that badly.

27.2 mile ruck with 55lbs...

after training calves for the first time in years. i couldnt put my foot flat on the ground and had to walk around my house like a trex

Went to a weird gym down by the docks with a friend and had to train with a crazed, juiced up bodybuilder. It was legday with literally 2 hours non-stop of forced reps for the legs. I had such pain in my entire lower body and was getting massive cramps in my entire legs for over a week.

Was pretty horrible.

First day loading trailers at UPS had to deadlift and squat 30,000 lbs over like 1000 trips back and forth between the conveyer belt and truck, walked like 17 miles in 6 hours. Was sore as fuck then did it again over the next four days. I’ve been doing it for 2 years now and don’t break a sweat anymore. Feels good man

im going to test that by going to the gym 3 days in a row for a full body but basic workout
i suspect it will be only beneficial as the muscles simply has to adapt

Did a big training weekend running. About 50k in 2 days with speed sessions mixed in. On Monday I had to sleep in the lounge because there were two steps in the hallway to my room I couldn't manage to get down

Of course. You're used to your routine, have fun now

Same. I walked around like a mongloid for days and had to bend a bit through my knees if I wanted to walk at a normal pace.

Joined a taekwondo competition back in highschool with 0 knowledge of taekwondo. Getting kicked all over and knocked down during the match didn't hurt at all until the day after. Why isn't punching allowed in taekwondo anyway?

Worst and longest lasting DOMS I ever had was in my forearms after my first and only time water skiing. It hurt really bad for like 7 days, and lasted a total of about 10 or 11. I always got the worst doms from really high reps or cardio, never from lifting heavy.

Back when I did brosplits I would utterly destroy myself. Of course legs are the worst. I'd do something like:
>"The Countdown"
5x5 (ramp up to 1 peak set) squat
4x8 front squat
3x10 leg extension
3x10 leg curl
3x10 calf raise
2x15 leg press
>break it down, then put it back together

I threw out my back at work last month (was on a ladder doing something in the ceiling while awkwardly bent back). The initial pain was brutal, literally any movement was followed by a sharp pain, and I had to get down from a ladder. I was very sore for three days, having difficulty doing the most basic tasks and even sitting down. The only good thing is that it is strongly encouraged to get back into a workout routine after throwing out your back.

Very first time i went to the gym

>be 13
>overseas with friend i met overseas
>he was 16 but had lifted for ages
>miring.jpg
>went to hotel gym with him
>did bicep curls for an hour
> couldnt straighten arm or lift anything for a month

>third ever session of squats
>increase the weight for 3 x 10
>feel fucking invincible after because me lifty big boy weight
>go for a run
>this kills the hamstrings

Don't go any further down that rabbit hole padwan. Just stick to amph and go no further fucking trust me.

Near instant DOMS first time I trained neck. Had to skip work the next day as could hardly move it

Anybody here doing rest pause style training? Did it for the first time today and had insane pumps and it was hell of a lot of fun.

After my first marathon. Fucking fucking hell.

same here its the only thing i don't do, the one time i did the pain the next day was beyond intense. running hits that area anyway.