Office job feels

Can we share some feels about working in an office environment? I swear to christ, getting a STEM degree was the worst decision of my life and I wish every single day that I would have just gone into the military.

>lifts going good for a while
>linear progress on everything
>about to reach 2pl8 squat for the first time
>shit hits the fan at work
>have to spend an extra 2 hours on my ass every day
>stress keeps me from sleeping enough
>unable to eat enough due to being at the office all day every day with no opportunities to snack
>end up having to drastically de-load because of 3 straight weeks of this bullshit ruining my lifts

This cycle happens every 2 months. I want to kill myself

And I should further mention, I have gotten to 215 lbs on my squat THREE SEPARATE TIMES now and every time, my fucking office cuck lifestyle swoops in and fucks me

I get the same feeling when I have to travel, which is maybe twice a month for 3 days each time. Doesn't sound like much, but the day before I'm rushing around and packing and often miss the gym, the day after I get home I'm exhausted and can't bother to lift. So it's a lot of lost time.

and when I do a week+ work trip, I feel like I'm starting over from nothing. I try and work out at the hotel gym, if there is one, but it's not the same. And when I'm on a work trip it isn't like there's a lot of time to spend in a gym anyway.

That's why i left and went into construction. Leave now and.start over. I restarted at 24 and I'm doing really good for myself now

It's ridiculous how bad for your health work white collar work can be. I have the same results as you my friend. A single week of half-assed, tired, stressed workouts and poor diet will bring me from 215 lbs on my squat down to maybe 175. Two weeks of that shit? Guess what, I'm now restarting at 155. Modern life is not a life at all

>Everyone is friends
>You are the new guy
>Talk to them time to time (about work)
>Go home, work from the home office
>Come to the office -3x a month
>People have no idea who I am
>No idea of my role
>Only people who work directly with me know who I am
>or they all talk behind my back and laugh at me while I work from home....

but when you climb this high up in the corporate structure the people below you probably odn't even need to know who you are

Everyone just calls me Boss for some reason when I'm in the office

>Hey Boss, etc....
wtfffffff

My office provides a fully equipped gym. Life is good

>215 lbs on my squat down to maybe 175

Are you a newbie?

How old are you?

When shit hits the fan at my work I take phenibut, not much, 250-500mg a day, helps to keep shit together.

Isn't 2pl8 first month training weight?

Yeah that is how I feel. I've been in a constant state of recovery, chasing the same lifts I used to before work, every single month is 1 step forward 1 step back.

>Accountant
>60K
>35hr week
>Doesn't interfere with gym
>Easy work if tedious
I don't love or hate it but I was 21 and unemployed and had to do something. Went to uni, had fun, made memories. Now the fun is over and I'm counting the days until my next holiday.

I find it hard to believe that 3 weeks of down time makes you lose that much muscle. I mean Im new to this but it just doesnt sound right

It's not really muscle loss, it's more loss of conditioning. In fact I would say I have maintained the exact same amount of muscle for a year now. So I always have the muscle mass to squat 215, but I keep losing the conditioning. Not to mention, when you're lifting on 4 hours of sleep and only ate 1300 calories that day, you're not going to be able to lift much.

24 year old. 6'0" 180 lbs. Been lifting for two and a half years. I started at 145 lbs skelly mode, made really good muscle gains my first year. But then I graduated from college and am stuck in this rut

fuck you weak faggot, try doing 10 hour days doing a manual job then never complain about your shitty office job ever again

definitely same (college student now but internship was like this too) spending all my time studying and stressing isn't good for the waistline...

Did 10 hour days weedwhacking all the time during the summers in high school. Yeah it sucked but at least I wasn't slowly morphing into a skinnyfat nu male with no end in sight

>$70k base salary
>40 hour work week
>comfy cubicle
>listen to music and write code/docs/email 80%+ of the time
desu this is pretty nice. if you don't like it, at least you'll probably make enough to allow for an early retirement after 10-15 years on the job.

>Temp job in the HR dept. 5 staff + me.
>My job, pick up the slack of crazy narcissistic af Chubby 25yo Pajeet Princess
>6-8 week+ backlog from her being sick to plan wedding at 'Hilton'
>50-100k wedding estimate I guess
>Her name meant something in the pajeet community locally
>Flabbergasted I didn't recognise her family name (live in UK, far north)
>She needed to top 'The Kahns'
>Shitty job she was underqualified for despite having degree in HR meant nothing to her
>Her notice was handed in, 4 weeks left, then she was popping out kiddos
>Her 2 year working career was coming to an end
>Spent 3 hours on phone a day, took 2 hour lunches, left early, did NOTHING
>Other staff were invited, couldn't say anything or risk uninvited even though she was bottom rank
>Had 'best caterer in county' refuse to do her wedding
>Changed order 5 times in 5 days spent hours a day on phone to his PA
>He refunded her deposit and eventually blocked number
>She was going to 'ruin his reputation' in the Indian community
>Listened to her threats and social sociopathic calls berating caterer for 2-3 days after
>Scared the food would not top 'The Kahns' wedding food
>Informed me about her £2500 rental cost for 2 chandelier's

cont...

>she makes 20k pa
>The £800 ones were cheap, she told the rental place their £800 ones 'looked cheap'.
>sick of her shit, 2 weeks of it now, turn to her and make comment...
>'Surely you could get an elephant for that sort of money?'
>She's not sure if I'm joking, after all, biggest local wedding in history,
>Can't impress/convinced poor office temp,
>I immediately tell her I heard my Pakistani friend's extended family in Birmingham (uk pajeet area) had a elephant entrance at their wedding.
>'If you want to top 'The Kahns' though that'd probably do it though.'
>'Might make a mess, I'd imagine'
>She's now picturing riding elephant into newly built Hilton Hotel taking a shit infront of hundreds of guests.
>Flaming sarcastic HR deputy begins coughing fit and has to leave room.
>She Calls the Hilton about caterers, in passing, asked about animals (doesn't say elephant).
>Hear her say on her side of call 'So... it could be arranged'
>Turn to HR manager, her face red smiling goes to look out window.
>Later call she brings up with her father the possibility of renting elephant and if she had heard of it because 'people in the office'
>Hot intelligent qt librarian looking staff bursts out laughing, says it's something on her computer.
>Princess goes and looks, finds nothing funny.
>Asks to go home early, she legit came in about 4 more times half days and never came back.
>Actually got work done in office.
>Easier to let her have her last month off than fire her since she was leaving, they brought someone in to do this.
>Other long term staff get to go to wedding without walking on eggshells.

I made 1 fucking comment to her in 2-3 weeks I was there with her none work related.

It's the constant sitting down all day which annoys me, especially if you don't have time to go for a walk.

There are 3 people in my office who have slipped dics.

They mentioned sitting down all day can be a cause. Might demand a standing desk

>conditioning
Again im new to this but if you still have the muscle then it should come back to you oretty quick once the bullshit at work goes back to normal right? Some guy talked to me at the gym about how he was sick for a month and lost all his gains so he was lifting half of what he used to. Said this was the reason he doesnt lift as seriously now and it just doesnt sound right. Dont you bounce back from stuff like that?

>Dont you bounce back

No not really. Keep in mind "conditioning" is not just your muscles, it's your cardiovascular system as well. After 3 weeks of rotting in an office, if I try to go straight back to 215 lbs, not only is it extremely difficult but I will be sweating and breathing heavy and completely wear myself out after 5 reps.

Are you familiar with the concept of "1/2/3/4" ? It means 135 pound OHP, 235 pound bench press, 315 pound squat, 405 pound deadlift. Suppose you do stronglifts, and you increase every lift by 5 pounds every workout. If that was the case, you would accomplish 1/2/3/4 in like 5 months.

And yet, 1/2/3/4 takes a normal healthy man 2 years to accomplish. That should prove to you, conditioning deteriorates EXTREMELY quickly. Your average man misses a couple workouts every now and then, fails to eat enough sometimes, fails to sleep enough, fails to drink enough water. And those small failures will make you de-load time after time. It's very difficult

>on my feet 60 hours a week building forklifts
>lift for 1.5 hours when I get home at 230am
>wake up exhausted and do it again
>qts text me "hey come to this (social event)!?"
>"sorry I can't, gotta work"

and, uh, the fact that you can't add "just" 5lbs every workout. Which is why the carrying a calf every day strategy doesn't work.

Yes it does work, with occasional de-loads if you find yourself stalling. You lower the number of reps over time though. For example, to achieve 1/2/3/4 you do stronglifts as long as you can, and eventually switch to madcow.

I mean I don't think my gym even has any plates lighter than 2.5 lbs. Increasing by 5 lbs per workout is completely normal

>you can't add 5 pounds EVERY week
>confirmed
>no ur dumb you CAN add 5 pounds every week, as long as you take some breaks and don't add 5 pounds EVERY week

you are a fucking idiot

And Im sorry Im not being patronizing, I just dont have the grasp of this. Are there any good studies or articles I can read on the subject? The only thing I have to compare it to is I used to be able to run 5 miles before drinking my life away and being sedentary but after years of that I quit and couldn't do it so I worked on running for a couple months and was back to 3 again at least after starting from what felt like scratch. Im not implying that 3 miles running can compare to that level of weight lifting and muscle but It makes me feel like if you get back into it fulltime shouldnt you be able to get a good chunk of that back in a few months if you work your cardio? I always hear about people who used to lify but then stopped for a while are able to gain it back more easily for some reason so it makes me think of that.

And if its that bad is there any way to lessen the impact say like if you are recovering during an injury? How do you even tell where youve deteriorated to if yoy see people talking about losing half of their strength? This shit just raises further questions for me

lol

It wasn't that funny, why you summoning me

I love my office job I do IT/data analyst stuff and it’s comfy as fuck. I get my own office, only have 1-3 hours of actual work a day and the rest of the time to shitpost. I work with a lot of boomers and computer illiterate people so when I fix something they think I’m a genius. It beats the shit out of the retail and manual labor jobs I’ve had before.

Cyclist here:
I can't even commute to work with my bike and average only like 10 km/day.

It is off-season for me now, but I have to be at least at 90% in 2 months and 2 weeks for a long ass mountain stage (>2000 m altitude gain).
Last season I did 60 km in 2 hours with a backpack.
Next season I try to beat that.
My threshold heart rate was 175, maximum was >210.

I bulked up to 125 lbs and plan on cutting down to about 115-120 before the mountain stage.

reminded me of the hey boss from filthy frank but hey dude at least you make more money than those peasants

How much does it pay?

Would you ever recommend someone high up in the ladder step down and take a pay cut?

Like 40k (Midwest would be about 55-60k in jew York). it’s my first job after graduating and I couldn’t be happier, equal to and higher than a lot of other places I interviewed at should be able to get a decent raise after a year as well. Would I recommend stepping down? Depends how bad you need money and how miserable you are in your current position. Like I said I really enjoy what I do.

Can you expand on your experience?

I've got a cushy software engineering job at $70k/yr but it doesn't seem like there's much of a career path to climb up so I'm wondering if I should restart. Not to mention I have to stay close to a city to find work but I'd much rather go rural with a dozen acres.

> 24 y/o civil eng
> making 70k a year as a grad
> going to be on 100k in 3 years
> went from 77kg to 74kg in the past week

On site or in the office, the grass is always greener.

>being under the age of 27
>not making over 125k
Feels good not being a poor fag

O fuck that's funny

Do you have a degree, and if so in what? Any other credentials to get into your type of job?