How the fuck do you eat this shit?

How the fuck do you eat this shit?

No matter which way I prepare it, it always tastes like absolute shit.

>inb4 stop eating things for taste fat shit

There are plenty of foods that are good for you that are delicious: Almost all fruits, some vegetables, beans, rice, potatoes. But Oats no matter how I try to make them taste like SHIT.

I usually don't eat breakfast (intermittent fasting), but I'm thinking of switching to plain fruit because I don't get how you people eat oats. How do you make them, Veeky Forums?

with enough sugar and cinnamon it's delicious

Put 200g in blender, add as much cacao powder as you please, add lukewarm water. Blend that shit, and drink it straight. Try it out trust me

100g blueberries
1 tbsp organic natural peanut butter (i use costc0)
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup Quaker oats

In the microwave.

Peanut Butter + Milk + Proton + Oats
Erryday

stop being a fucking pussy and eat the food.
don't fucking think about it
eat
the
food

On a side note, I add chocolate milk, put on the microwave and add one banana and four spoons of peanut butter. Tastes pretty damn good.

Steel cut oats + cold milk
optional - scoop o whey
optional - cinnamon

Even plain milk and oats tastes good what the fuck are you gay?

Legit I don't know what you mean. Plain oats literally tastes like ass. Even when I mixed in almond milk and fruit. Maybe I'll try peanut butter. But then it's too many calories (cutting)

General question. Do you guys make them in the microwave or pot? I would usually make it in the pot

Microwave.

I'll mix it either an egg+water, sprinkle with cinnamon and some butter, making it a bit savoury, otherwise almond milk and vanilla whey and banana on top

>cutting
not gonna make it

in all seriousness though, I wouldn't know, I haven't ever cut. But, if you're doing intermittent fasting you could get away with a minor bulk. Even if you don't bulk, you could get away with a good bowl of oats as a mid to big meal on a day.

I put the milk on the owl with the oats and put it in the microwave for 1.5mins, then add everything else.

based user

OP here. Do you guys normally do one serving of oats (usually half a cup) or one full cup?

One full cup. One full glass of milk.
Then again, I'm bulking.

No idea what a cup is

But about 120g, which is 70g carbs, 15g protein and 11g fiber, 450kcal

After you eat it for awhile you get used to it

>1/2 cup oatmeal
>2/3 cup plain non-fat greek yogurt
>scoop of chocolate proton powder

>sugar

Coffee cup of oats, 2 coffee cups of water, some salt, spinach and rosemary. Let simmer for 5 minutes, let sit for 5 minutes more. Wait 5 minutes to cool down a bit. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Eat.

Learn to cook ya dimwit.
Take oats.150g of them.
Now pour water into them.
Throw in on the fire (in a saucer obviously). Throw in 30g of peanuts (just use sieve to get the salt off or rinse them with water).
And once it's done throw in a banana.
Now eat it.

milk and honey, that's it
nothing else you'll need

OP here, sorry, I'm ameritard and we can't into metric system for idiotic reasons. That's about three cups of oats equivalently, each serving being 150cals if I'm right.

I can cook, but you can't make shit taste amazing if it is in itself shit.

Stop eating things for taste fat shit

frozen blackberries, raspberries, banana
cinnamon
pecans
milk
small amount of honey

Yeah. I lift 4 times a week + 2 hour cardio, so oat-carbs are amazing for me

But oats are not shit.
Even raw oats in yoghurt are top tier.

oats + cold water, let it sit in the fridge for 15 minutes.
>muh taste
Stop being a cunt

Then don't eat it.

What the fuck?

pinch of salt in the water and a little brown sugar

having good oats helps - pic related, goat

raw oats with yoghurt or boiling them in milk. both are top tier.

oatmeal is a meme anyway. not filling at all and poor nutritional value. eat eggs.

>Soak oats for 30mins to an hour in water, overnight works too.
>Put the oats in a saucepan on medium heat
>Add a splash of milk to your liking
>add a pinch of salt
>let it cook for a while until you get the >consistency of good oatmeal (I like it to be soft as fuck but you can go however you like)
>serve in a bowl
>add a generous tbsp of honey (good stuff, not shit from a plastic bottle. Flower honey or woods honey are really good in some areas, but I don't know if the place you live in has that much choice), stir it in

enjoy the best possible way of eating plain oatmeal, it tastes like heaven and can be accompanied by whatever.

Other than that, look at the Finns for the best ways to eat oatmeal: google the recipe for berry sauces (blueberry is a personal favourite). and enjoy.

I used to br like you. Now I mix them with regular breakfast cereal, usually chocolate cruesli, 2 parts oats, 1 part regular cereal, soak that thing in cold milk and it's delicious

Peanut butter, cinnamon and some honey like the other anons said. Chopped apple can be good too. Also I like oatmeal more if I heat milk by itself then add the oats instead of heating them together. Makes it chewier.

Don’t. I get 1000 cals at breakfast on 3 eggs, 6 rashers of bacon, two pieces of toast and a cup of tea. Hitting 3500 is pretty easy, I don’t even need a protein shake most days.

>Put 100 grams in blender, dry
>blend to powder
>put in shaker bottle
>add protein powder and water
>shake
>drink

Easy af to drink 100-150grams of oats with some added protein powder for taste within a minute.

>regular oats (not oatmeal) in a bowl
>spoon of peanut butter
>milk
gg, almost 1k cals

Diced apple, cinnamon and chia seeds are my jam, topped with Greek yogurt. To cook I just pour a bowl of chia/oats/cin, boil water separate, then add just enough hot water to fully cover. Mix well, let it soak up, then add the apple and yogurt as it cools. I could eat it every day.

Try putting salt on it instead of Sunday and eating it like it's a pasta. That's the only way my brain makes sense of the flavor + texture combo

>oatmeal
>whey powder (usually chocolate/double chocolate, sometimes vanilla pear)

I can't live without it. Literally the thing I look forward to every night I go to sleep. Tastes so delicious and keeps me filled for a long time.

>1 cup oats
>1 cup milk
>1 cup water
>3 min in microwave
>1 min rest
>add whatever

i'm partial to peanut butter and honey with a bit of sweetener

Oats
Quark
milk
MASHED banana
cut apple
add some grapes
cool it for 5 minutes
FUCKING DELICIOUS

oats, half water half chocolate milk, nut butter, banana, seeds

Also, put the whey in AFTER microwaving the oats

>oats
>strawberry cream flavored protein from MyProtein
>milk
>frozen wild blueberries
There is no better breakfast

I do this
Pretty damn good

A shot of pure maple syrup some course salt cinnamon... fucking delicious

I know, but it's a fantastic carb source

dont fucking eat it then you nigger, oats are shit, if you don't like them then fucking throw them out.

The fact that you described "fruits" first in your post probably means you like sweet stuff. Stop being a wimp. Oats are great. I personally eat blueberry oats and other like things. I pour almond milk in it though. That sometimes helps.

My parents and grandparents always ate it with butter and salt. I don't think it even occurred to them that it could be sweet until the instant stuff came out. It might seem weird, but that is another way to try it.

>throw on fire
>in a saucer

I make mine overnight in the fridge.
1/2 cup of oats
1/2 cup of milk
Few spoonfuls of greek yogurt
Some apple sauce
Cinammon
Handful of frozen berries (I like cranberries in mine)

Mix it all together then let it sit in the fridge overnight. It's pretty good.

1:1 of Oats:milk in a saucepan
Cook over med high heat (like 4 out of 5)
Constantly stir, turn down the heat if it starts to stick too much.
Take off the heat when it gets thick enough (it will continue to thicken a few minutes after putting it into the bowl.)
Add honey or a bit of brown sugar on top.
Takes about 10 minutes.

i eat my oatz raw, with milk and a couple dashes of cinnamon. delicious everytime.

I mix cooked oats with fried meat, shredded cheese and diced onion.
Tastes food enough for me.

Sorry should be 1 oats to 2 milk

>sugar

Stop buying prepackaged packets of oats. They are disgusting. Especially the pre-flavoured ones.

I was wondering bout that, Kemosabe.

Oats and meat? I've never tried that... doesn't seem like they'd mix well.

Stop eating for taste you weak minded pussy

>Taste
Who gives a fuck
Little baby palate can't eat OATS it's not sweet enough
Kys

If you're not putting protein powder in it then i don't know what the fuck you're doing. Don't be an idiot and put it in before you cook them either.

Also, if you don't like them stop being a little baby and eat something else jfc

>aren't I tough? I ate dog shit today, like a real man. right daddy?

>hyperbole
some pretty hard cope for being unable to stomach a bowl of fucking oats

>Implying plain oatmeal, quick and easy to make, while still being nutritionally sound is equivalent to dog shit
>not eating oatmeal because it doesn't taste "good"
W E A K

>1/2 cup oatz
>1/2 scoop flavoured whey
>1 cup water
>splash of milk in the bowl
Maybe a chopped up banana if I'm feeling fancy.

>sugar

>sugar
No dude, overnight oats with Choco almost milk (Non sweetened) and add blueberries, plus bananas if need be. Along with some chia and flax seeds for them omega boosts in the morning

With cinnamon, sliced apples, and honey.

Well, you can cook oatz with water, so it isn't sweet-only thing.

use low sodium chicken broth instead of water. then add whatever spices you like. tasty as fuck and no extra sugar

I tested eating oats and porridge and it seemed to be mostly a meme so I switched to other types of cereal.
These days I just get a cup of granola dump a cup of yogurt on it and call it a day. Sure it has a bit of sugar, but it's not that much.

>1 cup of oats
>1 banana
>some cinnamon and plain cocoa powder
>2 cups of milk
Uma delicia, great for bulking. Maybe add 1 scoop of whey.

>not making egg oats

Oats, Raisins, Skimmed Milk, Eat

Add milk and protein powder (I use strawberry cream myprotein).

YOGURT YOGURT YOGURT
Add lo fat vanilla yogurt to your oatmeal. I usually do 1 cup yogurt per cup oatmeal. Makes it so much better.

>boil some milk
>in a bowl, mix ROLLED oats, a teaspoon of unsweetened cocoa and whatever else you like (i like shredded almonds and a teaspoon of honey)
>add hot milk into the bowl, but not too much - all the ingredients should be soaked in milk
>mix thoroughly
>let sit for 4-5 minutes

most people just pop that shit in a microwave and then it comes out tasting like shit - in my opinion it is too slimy. the way i do it just soaks the oats enough for them to be edible, but still have some chew to 'em.