LOOK WHAT IM FINALLY BUYING TOMORROW!!!! And for only 150 bucks!!!! My personal gym is almost complete...

LOOK WHAT IM FINALLY BUYING TOMORROW!!!! And for only 150 bucks!!!! My personal gym is almost complete. I just got out of prison 3 months ago and am living with my dad again, but I just got some job for 10/hr (enough to scrape by on) so I'll most likely end up moving into my friends house, he's got an empty basement and we're going to have a sweet set-up. Pic is of squat cage. Post your home gym thread!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lb7SJl1A5q8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>namefag

>got out of prison
>not posting story

>newfag

This.
I'm happy for you man, but I really want to know what you did.

Story obviously fake

No, he's just an oldfag lurker.

I'm trying to believe this is a troll

>newfag
You dumb fucking imbecile, only /plg/ autists use any form of identification on an anonymous imageboard.

Congrats bro, that looks very nice. My home gym is shit, just a chin up bar and dumbells, i need to save and make it nicer. What did you do to get locked up, if you don't mind telling

You're such a retarded newfag.

>people defending a namefag

>newfag doesn't know what noko is
if he had sage in his namefield would you call him a namefag?

is that pussy pad a metaphor for you being the prison bitch?

Yes.

>using noko when thread watcher exists
Wow forgive me for not remembering obsolete shit.

>I-I just didn't remember!
raging newfag

Two counts of distribution of narcotics, I sold a lot of plans, was on something called drug court for 9 months after a lot of jail programming - kicked off - spent 8.5 months in prison. Used to shoot up a lot of opiates, I weighed 125lb when originally arrested in 2015, I currently am currently 173lb. Bench 225x5, squat 235x5, DL I'm not sure I mostly do volume, but 275x3 double overhand grip narrow stance. I fucked up my right knee a while ago so I progress DL/squat slowly. Ohp 135x2

I'm not a namefag, don't you just put noko as the name so it keeps you in the same thread when you post? I went on here a lot more when I was 15, but I'm 26 now so I really don't remember to be completely honest. Here's a pic of my other stuff for my home gym btw!

I would give you my five digit number but I don't give out my name on Veeky Forums, retard. Lmao. I'll tell you though I was in one of the worst nebraska prisons in Lincoln though. That's all you get as far as specifics on identity/"proof"

Thats cool. I know this is off topic but im 26 too and kind of lost about the future. Do you have plans?

Really just get a few paychecks, get my own apartment again and gtfo of my dads house... again. I'm going back to college, I went for a few years part-time but was way too high, I got mostly B's but that's shit for community college gen eds... so I'll redo those. It's never too late to go to college. My brother was a meth and heroin addict (I shot up opiates, addicted to everything though) and he got sober at 24, he gained 50lb and is a major at a university with a 4.0 in Biotech. Anything is possible man, you need to force yourself to do the things you know you should, but just don't want to. I used to have horrible social anxiety, but by throwing myself into uncomfortable situations like saying yes to any and all party invitations, I got over it. Just keep your head up, know it's not the end of the world, and you'll get there in due time if you put in the work. It's as simple as that.

N E W

>unironically does not know what noko is

You are a fucking munt. It's not a name, uou dipshit.

Seriously kys.

holy shit just stop posting you fucking newfag

Do niggas really rape each other in prison?

>saying yes to any and all party invitations
fuck I got invited to a fairly small new years party. one of my old friends just sent me an invite out of the blue. I was contemplating it, but I guess I have to go now.

Fuck off, lowtard.

Asking someone who got out of prison for advice lol just kill yourself already

let me guess, you're a nigger?

ahh home gym thread is it!
this is my bench lads!

it also turns into a mighty-fine squat rack
can also do dips on it

Not forgetting the lever-press!
this piece of kit can perform the shoulder press
rows, chest press and shrugs!

ahh and heres my cable machine with multiple attachments.
100kg stack

ah yes gotta have some dumbbells

i also have a cheeky little leg press
but ive had to move it into the shed because no room

>bench
>parallel bars
>pull-up bar
>rings

should i get a squat cage?

every gym should have a cage or squat rack with removeable bench

>animeposter

I personally cook with ginger a lot. It keeps me healthy and regular.

Blimey

ow cm0n boys..
wheres ya home gyms?

It used to be nonoko, but they changed it in 2012, you're default returned to the thread

prison story aside, that rack seems too thin, like it's going to bend when loaded with 225 and collapse with 315. I would add two more bars in the bottom for extra sturdiness, that shit seems unsafe. Just go to a hardware store and buy some steel, it should be cheap, under 20 USD

how sturdy is that rack when squatting?
seems you got atleast 250lbs in there, hows it holding?

gasp!

home gym bred it seems

>just got out of prison 3 months ago and am living with my dad again, but I just got some job for 10/hr

fucking good for you, dude

Lol, yes, niggas do all sorts of shit. My first week out of county I saw two VERY large older black gentlemen eating hot cheetos off of the back of a middle aged white man (don't gamble)

Hey - this is OP - you're right, it is a bit unstable swaying side to side but it shouldn't be too much of an issue for now. I do plan on doing some welding later on, my dad has a garage almost as big as his house (luckily he's a car guy) and I was talking to him about it today so we're going to modify the fuck out of it. On a side note I actually ended up buying a bench today too while grabbing some more 2.5's/5s/10s plates!! Will post pics in about two hours when I go to lift (I like to lift later in the day, like 8pm) I might throw in a selfie too, I look like a skinhead

If anybody has any suggestions on what I should get or modify let me know I'm open to suggestion. On a side note since there's a lot of prison questions here's something to think about - if you are a Manlet... DO NOT GO TO PRISON. And I mean if you're 5'6" or under, you're going to be prey to large men who will rape you. A lot of predators make their punks work out with them to get them nice and fit, get that ass nice and joocy bro, you'll never be skipping leg day again. I have seen several cases of this.

What made you buy sets of dumbbells as opposed to an adjustable version? I do like your setup btw

really?
lmao thats funny as

Is this some kind of innuendo or just literally eating hot cheetos off a man's back?

Weld something like this to the cage so you can hang barbells or whatever off the side.

It's all set up. Yaaaasss

Extra credit poindexter flex for the Veeky Forums bros. it's unflattering I know.

I finished building my setup this past week, there was a nice long thread about it

if you've got ~$180 to spare and a couple free afternoons you should consider building yourself a platform

if not a platform, you definitely want something between those iron plates and the concrete or the plates are at risk of cracking

cast iron is hella brittle

Literally eating hot cheetos from his back, like he was doggy style on the floor, and they were playing cards on a table next to him.

Yeah I have a 1/2in horse stall mat but my dad is currently using it for a mat to walk on tinkering with shit. When I do DL I've been folding a few blankets that go where the plates his floor. Not idea but working for now. All my plates are rusted and filthy because people left them outside while I were gone. A lot of my shit is gone heh

Really like that platform. Any specific wood I'm supposed to use or anything to know before just buying whatever?

>26-15=11
>haha, you can't have been here 11 years ago! 4 chan is only-
...shit

since my stall mats were .75" thick, i went with .75" thick 4' x 8' pieces (5 total). The top is maple, the other 4 below (2 layers of 2) are blonde pine.

i picked maple for the top piece because it was pretty and has a pleasant name

blonde pine was just the cheapest, since the lower pieces just need to be as flat as possible (check every piece for warping and cupping)

for actually building the platform, use google and youtube; there are a million guides out there

the one thing i did that differs from the guides is that i used only screws (no glue) for the wood pieces, since i'd like to be able to take the whole thing apart in the future. I didn't want any visible screws on top, though, so I raised the whole thing and screwed the top panel in from underneath

this was fucking HARD; it's way heavier than you'd think

im super happy for u noko

tell the story tho

i used only glue for the mats, on the other hand, since i can foresee being able to get underneath the lego dots with a paint scraper or whatever if/when i take it apart.

so far the whole thing feels great and rock solid, although it's only been like a week.

one thing i would've done differently is to use high-gloss polyurethane, not semi-gloss. I want it to be shiny and grippy like the floor of a basketball court, and semi gloss doesn't feel quite right. I followed this guy's technique for applying the poly:
youtu.be/lb7SJl1A5q8

Jews

Nice. I took a few screenshots for future reference thanks bro. Poly sucks ass though. To apply, that is.

First day on the squat rack (first time squatting in about 45 days) did 3x5 warmup sets, then 6x3 with 235, and 1x10 with 185 all pause reps. Definitely weak in my lower back, that and grip is what I struggled to work on in prison with only calisthenics to do. I think I can squat more but my back wouldn't be able to maintain form. Home gym will help like a mofo, happy af I bought all this stuff.

i only used two coats of poly, and between them i didn't sand; i just rubbed vigorously with a brown paper bag. worked really nice.

cutting the stall mats is tricky; the first cut is a score cut that's only a fraction of an inch deep. go super slow and be patient, just keep it as straight as possible.

have a stiff tube (like pvc) underneath your cutting line, and press down with your knees on either side.

if your score cut is good, your second pass will be super easy and the whole thing will just split apart

You are an ultimate newfag UwU

He went above and beyond there. You don't need to stain it. On my platform (same pattern), I just used a piece of MDF plywood for the top piece. And I screwed everything in from the top.

polyurethane is not stain (maple is a bitch to stain)

stain is for looking pretty

polyurethane (1) seals the wood against moisture (like the sweat and blood that will drip off of you when lifting on it) that would otherwise soak in and make it look like shit, and (2) provides grippiness on the wood, if you use a semi- or high-gloss type

Spbp

This thread is hella comfy, reminds me of when i used to browse /b/ as a kid.

What else you got?

Nice

mannn wheres all yall home gyms

Lincoln-fags unite. Tecumseh is definitely less pleasant if you're going to be incarcerated in Nebraska though.

>don't you just put noko as the name so it keeps you in the same thread when you post?

No. This has not been a thing for years.

Yeah he said hes been in prison for years

You should know not to post something more interesting than the thread topic.

Why prison op?

well oh my