Routine Feedback Thread

Didn't see one of these...I'm bored.

I'd love some feedback on this. Lifting at a real gym since June, did a year of SL at planet fitness before.

Pull 1:
1x5+ Deadlift
3 Sets Pull Ups
3x12 Cable Seated Rows
4x12 Dumbbell Hammer Curls
3 Sets Leg Raises
4x12 Dumbbell Curls
3x12 Dumbbell Rows

Push 1:
5x5+ Bench
3x12 OHP
3x12 Incline Bench
3x12 Lateral Raises
3x12 Dumbbell Bench
3x12 Dumbbell Flys
3x12 Arnold Press (I don’t usually do this, it bothers my elbow)

Legs 1:
3x5+ High Bar Squat
3x5 Front Squats
3x12 RDLs
3x12 Cable Kneeling Pulldowns
3 Sets Leg Raises

Pull 2:
5x5+ Barbell Rows
3 Sets Pull Ups
3x12 Cable Seated Rows
4x12 Dumbbell Hammer Curls
3 Sets Leg Raises
4x12 Dumbbell Curls
3x12 Dumbbell Rows

Push 2:
5x5 OHP
3x12 Bench
3x12 Lateral Raises
3x12 Dumbbell Bench
3x12 Dumbbell Flys

Legs 2:
3x5+ High Bar Squat
3x5 Front Squats
3x12 RDLs
3x12 Torso Rotation
3 Sets Leg Raises

Debating whether or not I should add leg press to my routine. Or more ab work.

B: 200ish S:225 D: 300ish

170 pounds BW, up 35 in the last year and a half. 6ft.

ULxULxx

>Upper A
Bench | Pulls: 3x5
Incline Press | Row Variation: 4x12
Decline Press | Shrugs: 4x12
Shoulder Complex | Neck Curls: 4x12 /3x33

>Lower A
C&J: 5x3
Front Squats | HipThrusts: 4x12
Ab Complex | CalfRaises: 4x12 / 3x33
Jog | Sprint: 1x1km / 3x100m

>Upper B
Press | Chins: 3x5
Military Press | CurlVariation: 4x12
EZ Tricep Complex | Wrist Rollers: 4x12
Chest Flies | NeckCurls: 4x12 / 3x33

>Lower B
Snatch: 5x3
Front Squats | Hip Thrusts: 4x12
Ab Complex | CalfRaises: 4x12 / 3x33
Jog | Sprint: 1x1km / 3x100m

I like your routine OP, pretty decent. Why don't you do higher reps on front squat? High rep front squats take so much mental fortitude for me, which is fun.

god damn that's a lot of shit OP, you could probably simplify your workout a bit.

A
Bench 3x5
OHP 3x5
Squat 3x5
Dips 3x10
Lateral raises 3x10
Face pulls 3x10

B
Deadlift 1x5
Rows 3x5
Chinups 3xf
Pulldowns 3x10
Hammer curls 3x10

ABXABXX

Lifted for "hypertrophy" for 1.5 years, quit for 2. Now back lifting, 1 month in.
6'1, 215 lbs
Squat 245 x 5
DL 295 x 5
Bench 185 x 5 (just started bench instead of weighted dips yesterday)
OHP 125 x 5

I would have to lower the weight to do any more reps. I'll consider this though. I am usually pretty fatigued after back squats.

Isn't benching killing your pressing, or do you alternate which one you do first?
Try it, lower the weight and rep that shit out. You can definitely do more than when you feel like stopping.

I've decided on switching it up yeah. I'll probably prioritize bench for a little though to get it caught up to everything else.

anyone have that big pic of all the different programs? I kind of want to consult it for planing my new sets

PPL is shit and you're far too weak to be thinking about it unless those lifts are in kg.

I have no idea what this means.

Push/pull splits are difficult to actually make progress with. Either do full body 4x per week or switch to an U/L split, in my honest opinion.

>I have no idea what this means
What confuses you exactly?

What your exercise selection actually is, whether those are supersets or not.

>Push/pull splits are difficult to actually make progress with. Either do full body 4x per week or switch to an U/L split, in my honest opinion.
I've been making good progress with it, so I'll keep going with it until I plateau, then probably do a full body routine. It's only been a month and this is the first time I've actually trained for strength, so I have some noob strength gains to make.

>Upper day exercises are supersets
>Accessory presses are dumbbell
>Shoulder complex is front and side raises, and rear delt flies
>Tricep complex is lying tricep extensions followed by close-grip bench with ez bar
That clear it up?

No, what the fuck does the "|" mean.

Superset, bruh.

I've been making really consistent progress...I am certainly weak though, you got me. Started from a 130 pound skelly less than two years ago.

i’ve been doing pic related as my base but with the following changes:

- squat once a week (ass is already huge and i also run 2x a week)
- add lateral raises / face pulls alternating, and planks / leg raises alternating
- instead of barbell row i do the T-bar row machine or cable rows
-3x5 sets of warmup for the big lifts (except pull-ups) at 55%, 70%, 85% working weight

what do you all think? what would you change? i’ve gained almost 25 lbs in 6 months but want to maximize my time in the gym

Why are you supersetting your major compounds? Why are you falling for the "hit the chest from every angle" meme? Why don't you have a proper hip hinge?

Do something that isn't a laundry list of accessory movements.

Don't be a pussy, squat twice a week. Your butt isn't big you faggot.

Other stuff sounds fine though.

I've been running a split and want to change over to a full body workout, can anyone recommend a good resource for finding one, or building my own?

strongerbyscience.com

Download your 28 free single lift programs and read about how to put them together. You can adapt any bench program to be an OHP program.

>Why are you supersetting your major compounds?
Because I haven't found them to affect one another.
>Why are you falling for the "hit the chest from every angle" meme?
Because it's fun.
>Why don't you have a proper hip hinge?
Injured lower back, wanna try oly lifts instead of deadlifts now.

sick, thanks

Okay in this order.
>You're not lifting heavy enough
>Okay, whatever floats your boat. I would consider dips, close grip or dumbbell bench or floor press as well.
>Try hyperextensions, good mornings, RDLs, SLDLs, or something similar. Ignoring the problem will only make it worse in the long run. Starting small and working your way up will strengthen the muscles and help you more in the long run.

All taken into account. Now what I'm most curious about is the days, is the oly lifts the day after upper days ok?

Damn OP you like verity. I have a similar routine that is much simpler.

Monday Push 1:
Bench 5x8
OHP 5x8
Tricep head knocks 5x8

Tuesday Pull 1
Bent over Rows 5x8
Bicep curls 5x8
Chin ups 5x8
Lateral rises 5x8

Wednesday Legs 1
Squats 5x8
Romantic deadlifts 5x8

Thursday Push 2
Friday Pull 2

Saturday Legs 2
Squats 5x8
Deadlifts 1x5

It should be. I've never done the classic lifts besides to fuck around after meets, but they mostly use the posterior chain so you should be okay.

>Romantic deadlifts

Stupid phone poster.

Why exactly are you doing the olympic lifts for triples?

Cheers for all the feedback, dude.

No problem lad, good luck. Hope your back feels better.

That's how I've always seen them programmed?

>Hope your back feels better
Cheers, gotta take a month off, but I guess it's for the best.

Monday:
Squat, 75% 1RM, 4x5
RDL (Romanian Deadlift) 3x10

Tuesday:
Flat Dumbell Bench 3x10
Incline Dumbell Bench 2x12
Seated Shoulder Press 4x10
Lateral Raises 4x12
Tricep Pushdowns 5x12
Skullcrushers 4x10

Wednesday:
Squat, 85% 1RM, 4x3
RDL 3x8

Thursday:
Hammer Grip Chinups 3x8
Chinups 3x8
Lat Pulldowns 4x10
Seated Rows 4x12
Curl Variations (Cable or Preacher, & Hammer) 8x12, 4 Sets of each
Trap Shrugs 4x10 (If I have the time.)

Friday:
Squat, 90% 1RM, 4x1
RDL 3x6

Sat/Sun rest/Make up for days missed during the week.

Opinions? Critiques? I'm all ears.
Mostly focused on developing my lower back, core, & lower body strength before I get into Oly lifting.

Squat 1RM is about 370 right now, hoping to hit 500 eventually.

Look at any weightlifting program, and it's rare to see triples. I only ask because I'm curious what your goal is.

I am still a newbie so I'm working as much as I can in the gym 5-6x a week. I am sure as I progress on the major compounds I'll do less accessory stuff

PPLPPLx

>Push:
bb bench 3x5
ohp 3x5 [alternate with incline for first/second]
incline bench 3x5
db side lateral raises 3x12
rope pushdown 3x12
overhead dumbbell extension 3x12 (I wanna replace these with something else--maybe close grip bench?)
db shrugs (also would like to replace these with something else)

>pull:
deadlift 3x5
pull ups 3x8 (until I can get 3 full sets of 8, then will switch to weighted pull ups)
seated row 3x12
face pull 3x12
hammer curls 3x10
bb curls 4x10-12 (2 close grip 2 wider grip)

>legs:
bb squat 3x5
leg press 3x10-12
hack squat 3x12
one leg hamstring curls 3x12
standing calf raises 5x12-15

any input on this is really appreciated, not sure if it's too much, maybe not enough on the compounds? idk anything is helpful, not sure if anythings missing

>I only ask because I'm curious what your goal is
Lifting heavy shit and having fun, at least for the oly lifts.
>Look at any weightlifting program, and it's rare to see triples
Then what is the norm? I'm literally just looking into oly lifts now.

I don't really see the harm. The focus of each workout is compounds. I'm bulking for what it is worth. Are you suggesting I increase my sets on the compounds and eliminate some accessory stuff? Educate me

Look at it this way, when you do infinity +1 sets of an exercise for a specific muscle group, how much work are you really doing on your umpteenth set of chest flies of the day? It's better to have 3x+ frequency for your muscle groups than get a fuckton of volume on just one or two days. Yeah you can have a day in there where you do a good bit extra volume, but moving heavier weights more frequently will get you more overall work than moving lighter weights once a week. That will make you get bigger and stronger faster.

For example, currently I lift 4 days per week. I bench 3 of those days, squat twice, deadlift twice, and press once. One of those days I squat I do an excessive amount of quad volume. One of the days I deadlift I do a bunch of SLDLs after I get done with my main deadlifts. One day I bench I do close grip and feet up bench after I get done with my main bench sets. On the day I press I do 8 sets of overhead work, and while I do rows/pullups each day I do twice as much on the day I press.

If you have a focus where you have a bit more volume in a day than you normally do for something you can still get that satisfying pump, but keep it so you're overall moving more weight and getting more work done in your workouts.

Now, I was practically falling asleep as I typed that out so I hope it makes sense.

Looks pretty good. I don't know what your goals are, but personally, I would increase the volume for the compounds, probably just by adding more sets, but still, idk the weight you're using, so it may be enough. I generally do 3-6 work sets with my compounds, not including my warmup sets. The important part is choosing weight that can keep you safe from injuries, while still making progress in strength.
Also, I'd suggest some romanian deadlifts for either your leg day, or to do more deadlifts on your pull day. Your leg day seems good, except I'm worried that you might be undertraining your posterior chain.
Pull day looks good. Push day looks good as well.
If you want to replace your overhead dumbbell extension, I suggest you look into skullcrushers, skullcrushers & tricep extensions are pretty much all you'll need. And lastly, for dumbbell shrugs, barbell shrugs can be a replacement; I enjoy them a lot more.

Of course, this is all my personal preference. Your program seems good regardless. Everything relies on what you want to get from your training, and how long you've been training for.

thanks dude, I appreciate the advice!

mad late reply, but thanks i appreciate the input user

Legs/Shoulder -> Chest/Arms -> Shoulders/Back -> Biceps Repeat

been lifting for 102 days (3.5 months)