Cutting pains

> been cutting for 6 weeks
> lost 5 Kg
> keep losing a lot of muscle (almost as much or more than fat
> Eat a lot of protein ~140g per day
It really pisses me off, what am I doing wrong?

I was 70Kg lean, pic related, bulked like a mad man to 85 Kg, gained a lot of fat, now I need to dump this stupid belly. But the belly isn't getting smaller AT ALL.

I used the skin caliper and the fat on belly is exactly the same as when I started the cut. How long should I keep going?
current cal: 1500 per day
height: 181cm
current weight: 80 Kg

Pic related weight: 70Kg

forgot current bf stats:

Body fat: 13.8 Kg
LBS: 66.1 KG
FFMI: 20.0001
Body fat percentage: 17% (this used to be less than 12%).

What type of carbohydrates are you eating? Are you doing cardio at all? Maybe you need to change your macro ratios a bit and add cardio/lift more. Im kind of a dyel but a big nutritionfag so Im just takin an educated guess here.

So you thought it was smart to get fat why? Belly is usually last to go for most people. 1500cals is probably too low. How many cals were you bulking on and what was your weekly weight gain? This one is on you dude, stupid to put on that much excess fat

Nothing you are talking about makes any difference though

I don't do a lot of cardio, around once a week, I've done a cut before without cardio, I thought cardio is only useful if you cannot limit your eating and need more room for calories

>Nothing you are talking about makes any difference though
>sugar is the same as rice

yes it was stupid of me, now I want to fix it and never make that mistake again.

I was bulking on 2500kcals, sometimes I would even get to 3000kcals. So 1500, is just under 700 deficit. I have a desk job so my TDEE is under 2200

I don't eat much sugar, usually sugar intake for the day is under 50g. My total carbs intake per day is around 150g

Body composition it makes no difference

sounds like you should go to a doctor. assuming you didn't stop working out, you shouldn't be losing muscle.

Did not stop, workout the same time as before my cut, feel a lot weaker but still try to do the same volume (e.g. used to dumbbell press 36Kgs for 11 reps, now can hardly push 3-5 reps)

, a while ago I had a blood test and they said my thyroid is under or overactive, can't remember. But the doc said it's very mild so I should come back in 3 months and redo the test and they'll only do something if it's still the same then.

I totally forgot about that, should I be worried and get checked out?

>bulking 15kg

Well shit i think i found your fucking problem. When you had put on 10kg didnt you stop to consider the balance of fat to muscle you had gained? When youre bulking to such levels you should always be keeping an eye on the exit sign always; when you put on 5kg during your bulk you should always be thinking about the month or two youll need to cut to make it a lean gain of 2-3kg of muscle.

With a 15kg bulk you should have known youd have months and months ahead of you of cutting, cardio, stalling lifts all while looking like shit. This is why people clean bulk. A few kg gained slowly while looking good year round me and others have found to be preferable to changing pant sizes each week and having a fat belly.

Do you reckon he has low test

Following on this; cardio. It will help you keep your sanity during this long cut ahead of you. Eating 2000 calories and running i found way better than eating 1500 and waiting to sleep. It makes the cut easier when you can eat shit regularly and still burn enough to end up in deficit which you will need as your cut is going to last a long bloody while.

Maybe a placebo or not i dunno but i found my cut with cardio to be infinitely more successful than the previous ones without too, felt like i got way leaner and better looking with it

yohimbine and fasted light cardio

You need more protons m8, I dont know about others but my daily intake is on 200g+ while on a cut (2700kcal TDEE 192cm, 101kg) but your 140 seems really low to repair your muscle effectively. You should try inscreasing proteins and youll see.

This thread is making me hungry

This thread is making me retarded just by reading it. OP lost 2.5kg of muscle tissue in 6 weeks despite strength training, with no cardio and at a deficit of only 700 kcal. Yeah right. OP, back in school, were you one of those people who had a doctors' note for PE so 30 minutes of moving around wouldn't cut into their gains?

No, I do cardio once a week, ~30 mins. Back in school I loved PE, pretty much the only lesson I actually wanted to go to.

And my lean body mass loss was around 1.6Kg, fat loss around 1.4Kg, I think the rest must have been water weight, since my salt intake is a lot lower on a cut.

and this is exactly what is pissing me the fuck off, I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, otherwise I would fix it.

I didn't get here easy, I used to weigh 57 Kg, underweight and a skelly. Had to force feed myself, hold in vomit every damn day for months on end to get here. After the 70Kg mark it was a lot easier to eat but before that I was in hell everyday.

I'm happy to do anything, but need to figure out what is the problem first. I'll visit GP tomorrow, maybe something is wrong with me (although I rather believe it's not).

Learn something about how hormones affect fat loss.

You nutrition is trash. The calories in/out meme is just for really fat people or those who don't give a shit about being muscular.

Go read up on nutrition and how hormones affect fat loss.

just bulk/maintain until you have at least slightly respectable amount of lean mass.

I have, my overall daily composition is usually around this:
protein: 30%
fat: 35%
carbs: 35%

e.g. on Friday it was 29%, 34%, 37% respectively.

> FFMI of 20 is not a respectable lean mass
Veeky Forums strikes again

Yeah, based on a fucking CALIPER. Don't get paranoid, eat your protein, do your cardio (more than 30 minutes a week) and CHANGE YOUR ROUTINE. Something along the lines of 531 with bodyweight assistance and cardio multiple times a week tends to work well (compounds at low volume and slow progression=preserves your muscle mass and absolute strength, bodyweight assistance=relative strength during a cut goes up nicely, puts you in a good mood when barbell feels heavy as fuck due to caloric deficit).

>tfw 24.5 ffmi
>tfw fat cunt so it doesn't count

And? What kinds of foods are you eating?

Try to minimize insulin response from carbs, try IF, and try doing medium intensity steady state cardio.

Also losing 5kg from 85-80kg is nothing. It's probably all water weight right now in addition to your bodyfat being higher than you think it is. You might just store more fat around organs rather than under skin.

cool, I'll change up routine a bit, go another month or two and then report.