Muh carbs

>no further beneficial actions of carbohydrates, irrespective of GI, are evident concerning muscle hypertrophy when a protein supplement that maximally stimulate muscle protein synthesis is ingested.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3850644/

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4681166/

>Although more long-term studies are needed before a firm conclusion can be drawn, it appears, from most literature studied, that a VLCARB is, if anything, protective against muscle protein catabolism during energy restriction, provided that it contains adequate amounts of protein.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1373635/

>These results indicate that VLCKD may have more favorable changes in LBM, muscle mass, and body fatness as compared to a traditional western diet in resistance trained males.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4271639/

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2222798
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17617997
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5407976/
bodybuilding.com/fun/ask-the-muscle-prof-is-bulking-really-necessary.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

carbs are easy to eat and allow you to easily maintain a caloric surplus

>you need a caloric surplus for hypertrophy

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2222798
> Although a nutritionally balanced and calorically adequate diet is required to achieve optimum muscle growth, it may be less efficient in terms of protein deposition than a moderately restricted diet.

>you can gain weight without eating at a caloric surplus

>he’s never built muscle at a deficit because his genetics are absolute fucking garbage subhuman trash
lol

post physique

no but seriously I was getting mad because I was hardly gaining anything for years

then I started eating more

>ohhhh so that's how you do it

>never heard of water retention

The only problem I have with this is, yes, while carbs may not be essential for hypertrophy, they are absolutely, (unless, of course, you can convince me otherwise), necessary for quality sustained energy. I am under the impressinon that reducing carbs can cause sluggishness in the gym and will hurt your overall performance. I work a full time job, play basketball, and lift every day. I need muh sustained energy.

I’ve gone two months on a 50g carb diet. It’s pretty normal imo. You won’t notice much outside the first two weeks, than you look in the mirror and say “wow i look like i should eat”

People don't eat carbs for hypertrophy you fucking dolt, they eat them to have energy for workouts in the first place. Protip: Conversion of fat into energy is very slow and won't help you in intense exercise.

I want you to show me a person who was on maintenance his entire lifting career and how big he got
you absolute fucking mongoloid

Carbs are the primary source of energy. Not eating enough of them WILL make you sluggish. Let say you don't eat more than one meal a day and you eat your total carb intake in that one meal, it would be around an hour and a half worth of high intensity activity. Past that time, your body will relay on fats but those don't sustain you at the same rate as carbs and therefor you'll feel out of energy.
Low fat/high carb diet > low carb/high fat

While not consuming carbs lowers you energy and performace, it's just a temporary means for body recomposition.

>although low-carbohydrate and high-fat diets appear detrimental or indifferent relative to performance, they may be a faster means to achieve a more competitive body composition.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17617997

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5407976/

Take this brainlet
bodybuilding.com/fun/ask-the-muscle-prof-is-bulking-really-necessary.html

Why are you posting about studies of sub 1/2/3/4 novices?

Because i'm a brainlet who doesn't trust the bro-science, and whats to understend the subject by consulting reliable sources.

post timestamped body

>what is recomp
can you tell me how youre going to go from say 180 to 200lbs at maintenance?

>then I started eating more
That's why you need to eat big to get big!

Keto faggots get off my board with your meme diet.

>2018
>still consuming (((sugar)))

Sauce?

i agree. post physique.

Y’all don’t consider the fitness community as a spectrum with many different people and many different goals. Your links are okay for like casuals who do yoga twice a week and call it fitness. But real performance and real progress are a lot more than just some cookie cutter easy to follow data.

Theres no protocal to success. You got to observe your body and consider thousands of variables sooner or later.

Sauce

Wow, so many posts in this thread are fucking stupid.

People literally don't seem to know what carbs do, or what a caloric surplus is.

Understanding the science behind muscle growth and scanning abstracts for "carbs and gains" are not the same thing.

If you sub-optimally fuel your body, your lifts will suffer and so your gains will suffer. Don't be a moron. Talk to someone who understands nutrition, strength training, and weighlifting before going off the deep end chasing some fad pseudoscience mirage,

Keto diets can be great for weight loss but are trash for muscle building. I could personally stand to deal with fewer lardasses in this life.

GAINZ

Damn but Veeky Forums is infested with posers (in the fronting sense, not the fit sense) and people posing as posers.

since carbs seem to make me really tired I'm willing to try the low carb fad

what protein/carbs/fat ratio should i maintain
plan as for now is probably just gonna replace carbs with peanut butter

Expecting anyone to post their body with time stamp on this shithole forum. Even the ones in cbt threads are taken from other websites.

Sorry, you're a fucking newfag if you think people don't post their real pics here.

>When you defy the laws of thermodynamics through sheer bro science

They used to, they don't anymore. Also I've been here since chanology. I wish I wasn't.

If you want to drop bf you can cut carbs and do low intensity cardio. Or you could do intense cardio and regulate your carb intake regulate glycogen blood sugar levels which gets depleted after exercise. If you’re trying to put on muscle mass you need to eat some good complex carbs. If you’re doing a slow cut with minimal or no cardio then lower carb intake. Or only eat carbs before and right after your workout.

I don't blame them, just a scan of the posts here disgusts me. Just a bunch of beggars and posers.

>replace carbs with peanut butter
Peanut butter has carbs

Also ratio 65 fat 30 prot 5 carbs

We wuz gainz and shieeet

>meme diet
With actual research done on it, unlike your bro-(((science))).

You're a fucking idiot m8. Almost all the cbt posts are real. That's why most of them look like shit. I post in cbt with my pics.

Stupid fuckin pictures have me dying