QTDDTOT

Should you do decline bench presses?

no
/thread

I've heard they are great for building lower chest, but there's no decline benches in my gym so fuck if I know

>/threading your own post
Fucking kys and never come back

if you want nice titties its a must. every chest day.

dips are the best if you want to target the chest from that angle

I always bench and dip for my chest workouts

do some dips then

decline bench is the safest press for your shoulders

How do I keep the bar from touching my dick when I deadlift? Do I just have to live with it?

i have a pic with my ex gf where i look really good?
is it ok to put it on tinder?
like, will a picture with an other girl increase my matches, or decrease them?

heh, ignore the first questionmark

If shes hot go for it

What happens when you do Cardio or Hiit during a bulk? And how long should a bulk and a cut be?

can I use isometric workouts with a leather belt to REPLICATE the effects of a nautilus gym machine?

Do it

if she's hot, it'll automatically bump up your social worth.

take a long hard thought before you do that. cus an uggo could tank your chances.

i want to start getting fit but i have a shit diet and i'm currently underweight. in fact i've been eating nothing but spaguetti daily during a months
any advice about what should i eat? an example diet would be great

But dips make my chest feel like its caving in.

i eat a fuckton of spaghetti, use whole wheat spaghetti and a pound of minced meat and it's actually a somewhat decent meal.

Been sick yesterday and today and everything I ate was puked up. Only thing I could hold yesterday was a couple of crackers and today I've only had a banana and toast. How fucked are my gains? I've been cutting so maintaining strength has been kind of difficult and now I'm fearing this will screw me over

>come up with 20 questions for this thread while sitting at work
>get home
>cant remember a single one

So uh, hows your day going, I guess?

What's better for you, brown rice or wholewheat pasta?

I'd like wholewheat pasta because i could mix my chicken and veg into it with some pasta sauce, but im worried the pasta sauce might be bad for me

Dick reduction surgery

no. you should accept them as part of your workout

please answer,isometric guys

Tuck it in

I'd go for what you can stomach then switch it up when you get bored. I'm on mainly sweet potatoes or yams for my carbs atm.

How much do I need to be able to squat and deadlift to pull off compression pants in the gym?

here
holy shit
this actually worked

If I'm doing IF, will changing my hours break my fast?

For example, if I normally eat 11 AM - 7 PM but one day I do 1 PM - 9 PM, does that reset things to zero?

I saw people mentioning motor unit recruitment being really low in beginners last thread and after looking it up I think I might be suffering from it as well, for instance I can bench 60kg for 6 reps no problem but can barely manage 1 rep at 70kg, and today I could barely incline bench 55kg for 2 reps but lowering the weight to 52.5 I could do three sets of 5 no problem.

So my question is, can I train my motor unit recruitment, and how do I do it? Just keep doing low rep sets and hope my body starts putting some effort in?

I'm /fat/ and i've lost 40 lbs this past year and i have 50 left to lose. I've been thinking of joining the martial arts club at my university next semester. my friend (who is in the club) said some fatass joined and got fit in 3 months. So does anybody have any experience with both martial arts and lifting? Is it a good idea to join if my end goal is losing fat and pursuing strength training after that? Should i completely stop any lifts involving legs to stretch them? Any advice would be great

I've been bulking and it's turning me on
Gaining weight, both muscle and fat
Eight weeks, my shorts are starting to get tight but I don't have a belly?
Its almost hot what does this mean help

First bulk after coming off a decent recomp. I decided to keep it clean and stay off the dirty bulk life.
>Calculate TDEE and eat 500 above it
>Still not fucking full

What the fuck? I doubled checked the portion sizes and calories and I should be technically eating above maintenance but I still feel hungry?

if you HAD to eat 10K calories a day made up by ONE SINGLE FOOD;which food would that be?

>inb4 raw onions

I have a female friend who wants to start lifting. I'm going to help her familiar with proper form and how to use the gym equipment but I have no idea how to make a routine for her. Could I make a generic routine for her like starting strength?

i squat without clips and recently i noticed the left plates moving a bit to the end of the barbell, and during the exercise sometimes i feel something on my left hip. what should i do?

quinoa has lots of micro/macros

Broccoli. It's the only way you could survive.

3x5 squats
3x5 Roman chair glute work
Gallon of semen a day.

Brett good, set a new Pr for ohp
Howboutu user?

"Feeling full" has little t do with how many calories you eat.

Literally do any beginner routine, ss, sl, gslp to name a few popular ones

She says she doesn't want to just focus on her ass. She says she wants to be overall stronger to help her in her job as a nurse. A few weeks ago she had to restrain a patient or something and she said she felt pretty powerless against the dude.

What do i do with my balls when i sleep on my stomach?

Something along the lines of SS. Im doing reg parks 5x5 and enjoying it so maybe that.

legit question, how do I tell my parents I have a gf? I have actual autism since I was 7 and I do not know how to communicate with parents. pls help, I have nowhere else to go

Pecan pie. Or pizza. I could do 2 large pizzas over the course of a day. But I'm. /fat/ so...

A (quads, glutes, shoulders)
4x5 Highbar squat/Frontsquat, full depth (ATG)
4x5 Barbell glute bridges
3x8 Lunges
3x8 Overhead press
3x8 Lateral raises

B (Back, Chest, Arms)
5x1x5 increasing weight, stiff legged deadlifts/deadlifts
3x8 Bent over rows/seated cable rows
3x8 Cable chest flies
3x8 Cable tricep extension

C (Hamstrings, glutes, +other)
4x5 Single leg squat (using kind of machine that we have in the gym, allows controlled deep squats)
4x5 Good mornings / 3x8 Weighed hyperextensions
3xF hanging leg raises
3x8 bent over reverse flies
2xF plank (keeping time)

no, they're the biggest meme going

Can I really not touch anything with soy in it? I've been marinating my chicken in teriyaki sauce for the last few weeks, am I gonna turn into a trap?

Just wait till you beat off to your self in the mirror

Thank you user you're a godsend. I might take some things out but I think this looks great, thanks.

Judt be like "hey im bringing a girl to meet you guys" they dont have a choice if they have a good relationship with you.

When you talk about how much you can lift is it your 1rep max? Or 10 rep max?

Like if i want to say i ohp lmao1pl8 is it for 10?

I usually assume people are talking about their 1-rep max unless they specify otherwise. They're also lying if it's a cheat rep.

hmm that actually seems like an idea I could try, thank you user, good things will happen to you for being a nice person

Martial arts is very good for cardio mate, they push you to go as hard as you can.
Don't stop lifting, just don't do it on the same day as the martial arts. No don't stop doing squats etc.

Mothers milk, it has all the nutrients.

>microwave

This.

Thoughts on 8/6/3 compared to 5x5?

How do I become a curl bro? Which routine should I do?

It means you're starting to make it. Keep going lad

I've practiced mixed striking at a local MMA gym for about 18 months. When I first started, I was lifting twice a week and doing mma 3 times a week. Everything was going pretty good at first and I didn't feel overworked, both my strength and technique were slowly improving.
About a year into it, I decided to stop lifting and just go boxing 4-5 times a week instead. After doing this for a couple months, I started feeling like I was getting more worn out at the classes, like my hits weren't as strong and I was getting tired out faster.
Eventually I stopped exercising all together, until recently when I started lifting again. Now I've been lifting 3 times a week for the past 3 months and I've noticed that even though I haven't done any mma classes in over a year now, my technique is still good. In fact, my punches feel much stronger and easier to execute, and my footwork is better than ever before.
In short, the technique is great and if you want to do it for cardio, go for it. However, there is a certain level of strength and muscle mass that you need in order to actually perform many of these mma techniques effectively, and many DYELs who kill themselves doing martial arts 5 times a week would actually see more of a benefit to their technique if they spent 3 of those days lifting instead. If you want to get strong, there really is no substitute for lifting, and when you gotta throw your weight around for 30-60 minutes straight, it'll feel much easier if your body's already used to squatting a couple of plates on a regular basis.

Go to the gym and do a shitty bro split and make sure that when you do it, you hit what ever single muscle group your doing for at least 2 hours in every possible way you can think of to do it. Or you can get on a proper program and make progress 2-3 times faster.

I have a body fat percentage of approximately 18-20%. Would I likely see face gains if I were to cut my bodyfat percentage down to 10-12%ish?

define proper program?

Well what exactly are your goals?

I’m currently 25% bodyfat at 220 pounds and cutting pretty hard. My tdee is at about 3000 with how much exercise I do. My question is if 1100 calories a day is way too low to cut at my current tdee. I’m not really worried about losing gains since I’m just lifting consistently again for the first time in a couple of years.

That was me last week brother. Just gotta push on

I'm looking at starting coolcidadas PPL, but can I change the 3x5 sets on the compound lifts to 5x5 for strength gains?

no no no
you're already getting enough volume from assistance lifts

Ok thanks

Lifted 4 years, want to focus more on overall fitness/mobility/cardio rather than just muh gains. The diminishing returns + injuries have shifted my priorities away from 100% lift heavy weight. Ideally 50/40/10% lift/cardio/mobility.

Does a routine for general fitness exist anywhere?

False. Benching with a halfway decent arch protects your shoulders just fine without requiring a spotter.

>Thoughts on 8/6/3 compared to 5x5?
bump

good lord that ass

One is a kind of shit intermediate program th other is a good beginner program

4 plate squat 5 plate DL. Once you can do that, nobody will care what you do.

I had an idea for a routine. You do a 5 day bodypart split but no rest. Here's the idea.

Day 1: Quads and Calves
Day 2: Chest
Day 3: Upper Back/Neck
Day 4: Hamstrings
Day 5: Delts/Triceps/Biceps
Rinse repeat

My idea is that each muscle gets rest and every once in a while throw in one rest day. Or would doing this routine with a day 6 rest day, then repeating the cycle be better?

If you're fasting to lose weight should you do a "cheat day" where you eat at maintenance to boost your metabolism?

forgot to mention, i meant upperback by lats, traps, mid back. Lower back is hit by deadlifts and squats on quad and hamstring days. Ive been doing just Upper/Lowers or full body shit for my whole lifting career and I'm interested in bodybuilding splits

What's the best way to train lats if you can't do a single pullup? Do chinups or pullups train lats more efficiently?

Olive oil. Chug it down, do fucktons of triathlon training, and eat 1000 Calories of normal food. Dirty bulk like a mofo

Rows of various kinds.
Lat pulldowns if you don't mind machines or are too weak for rows.

no

I cordially request replies.

Do you only really see face gains if you're dropping tons of weight (50+ lbsish) or could you see a difference dropping 25ish?

How are pull ups and chin ups different?

You'll see gains if you're already handsome. Basically at that low a BF your cheekbones will start really showing but it will only really help if you have a good skull under that fat

>Already handsome
Yeah nope. I do have more cheek fat than I would like to have, though, so I wonder if I will lose some of that. Maybe it'll turn my 4/10 to a 5/10 or 6/10

But rows require a machine?

Squat with clips.

can't believe i have to explain this

chin ups - palms facing you
pull ups - palms facing away

>Implying

What is your favourite black sabbath album? Personally its sabotage.

I started lifting recently and for the first to weeks of working out I would get sore but I don't now. Is that normal or do I need to do something different?

Its normal

Pullups slightly better for lats. Do rows, T-bar rows, and deadlifts. To improve pullups do negatives 4x10 6 days a week. You'll be able to do real pullups in no time.