How the fuck are you supposed to squat 3x times a week? Today's my second day doing SS and my legs are in pieces...

How the fuck are you supposed to squat 3x times a week? Today's my second day doing SS and my legs are in pieces. Should I just do like 1pl8 or something?

Should have started SS in Friday.
Work through the pain, you will be able to lift the weight, trust me.

i squat everyday with no issues stop being a bitch

just do it faggot. if you're a novice it doesn't matter how sore you are, you can still lift last time's weight +5lb

also make sure that you read the actual fucking book. it talks about adding chinups and triceps and other accessory exercises at the appropriate stage of your progression, and other neat things that will help make the most of your newb gains

Did you start with an empty barbell?

>saying 1pl8 as if you "squat" more in your first session

What

What did you start off at?

Start low and get your form right and increase from there faggot. Don't just run in and try 1pl8 of everything.

I used to squat 3pl8 and I took a hiatus. I post a thread here a few days ago, someone recommended to do SS till I build my strength back up. Last time I went, I did 3x5 with 2pl8

What do I do today ?

this

>How the fuck are you supposed to squat 3x times a week?
when you are asking this kind of question, it means you are dyel, don't question anything and just do it. No amount of min/maxing diet/sleep/program/supplements will help you at this stage. Only solution is to just fucking do it and focus on form and track progression.

>Jefferson Deadlift in top left

How long was your hiatus?

Also dude thats the sort of information you should put in the OP. You made it sound like it was literally your second lifting session ever.

About 9 months or so, my first full time grown up job. Before that I've been lifting since I was 13. Besides, even when I was working out regularly, my legs get sore severely for 3 days at a time after heavy squats no matter what

Another user here, soreness in my experience only stay for 1-2 weeks max after a break of non-lifting. So if you stay consistent and stay on the same program, even 3 squat days a week should not be making you sore AT ALL, you shouldn't even be feeling it. Also what's your age? If you are past 40 or something then that's the problem.

For fucks sake dude, you've been lifting for what, 5 years, took a 9 month hiatus and now you're doing fucking STARTING strength? Just how fucking thick are you? Do GZCL and self regulate.

You will get rhabdo if you dont ease into it since you have the strength but your muscles arent used to the stimulation

After a hiatus start light and rest often

9 years. I've grown all weak and flabby and lost 25 pounds when I started working my full time job. So yeah, I lost a lot of strength and a lot of mass. I'm just doing SS as per recommendation here

I probably shouldn't try squatting 2pl8+10lbs today though should I ?

Youll adjust to frequency soon enough. Give it a week or so. DO NOT STOP TRAINING. Itll make it worse.

No, you definitely shouldn't and that recommendation was retarded, fucking think for yourself sometimes man. Seriously, switch to GZCL, you'll be doing big lifts with low volume with self regulated intensity, then some pump on accessories. A month or two of that, check 5RM or 3RM and put those into a spreadsheet with percentages and all that autistic stuff if you want. For now though, you'll either stop being an idiot or you'll have a miserable couple weeks with a strong possibility of fucking yourself up.

The pain will be gone by next week and you'll never get it again unless you take time off.

really depends, there are many things that affect your lift, for me I went from squatting 185lb to 355 in the past two months. Mainly due to just better form and diet/sleep, I get greedy and add 10 lbs instead of 5 on some weeks.

I totally get you on the I used to do this and I want to do it now but you need to realize things take time. Despite squatting 355lb my DL is so shit that I can only rep 3pl8s once or twice, I been stuck due to bad form and can't let go of the fact I repped 3pl8s before and I can barely pull it off the floor now. But I realize I'm just ego lifting and I need to stop being a little bitch and just start from 225x5 again with good form and work my way up.

At the end of the day, as long as you are making some form of progress, go home happy.

do you warmups and don't start your linear progression too heavy

Am I the only one who thinks there's something wrong with an adult male with a DECADE of lifting experience doing a routine designed for 14-year old lanklets?

Yep, he's going going to make massive jumps because he can and hit his previous max in like 2 weeks because of muscle memory then wonder why he can't progress anymore on a program designed for beginner gains.

ignoring soreness, did 225 3x5 go up pretty easy last time? if it wasn't a grinder, you should at least add 5 lbs and do 3x5 again. Sure, you could switch to different programming like the GZCL user is saying, but a brutal, simple linear ramp is the fastest way to get your old gains back.

And he's going to push through DOMS, without relearning the bar path properly, and he's going to tweak something, take two weeks off, get hammered on New Year's Eve, and start all over.

Proper form is #1. If your form isn't perfect use less weight. Also rest days, you're only squatting 3 days a week with at least one rest day between squats.

Personally I lift 6 days a week and do leg, shoulder, chest, back/biceps on separate days.

OP, how much of that 25lbs was muscle? If you've lost a significant amount of muscle (unlikely, but let's say you did), it stands to reason you won't hit your old PRs without rebuilding at least some of it. Go with a powerbuilding routine and start slow.

>second day of beginner program
>already trying to quit
>legs sore
What the fuck did you expect from a weightlifting program? You need to force adaptation and right now is the BEST time to fuck your muscles up and have them grow ASAP.

If the problem persists you aren't eating enough. Your growth requires fuel.

You'll adapt in 2-3 workouts and will only be sore for a day from then on if at all, exaggerated soreness when starting working out or changing exercises/set-rep schemes etc is to be expected

The amount of shit advice ITT is astounding. Someone who shouldn't be doing SS does it and suddenly Veeky Forums loves it.

It goes away in a couple of sessions, just keep squatting.

Then find a new program.
You're under no obligation to continue doing a program that you don't like and will not help you achieve whatever goals you have for yourself.

I do squats every other day, and at 39 and having neglected my legs for 20 years, my hip muscles are painful as hell all the time because they are my weakest point. It's been a few months of hobbling around the off days, but it's slowly getting better as I get stronger. Squats are torture, but... what else does as much?

bruh coming off of a long break to regain your old strength is one of the situations where a program with linear progression is appropriate. running SS or something similar for a limited time is better than advancing to a more sophisticated program until the linear gains aren't achievable any more.

You can ease into it honestly. Just squat next time you go.

In a week you'll stop being sore

You're experiencing DOMS, which is normal for about the first 2 weeks of training. After that, you'll experience some soreness after a workout, but you'll be mobile rather than dying.

You'll find that squatting actually helps with the pain. Doing the warm ups loosens the joints that are aching.

Just hit the workout. If you skip it, you'll never build a tolerance to the soreness.

>overtraining

Enjoy not having no gains friendo

You have DOMS. It’ll go away in about a week. Keep training 3 times a week.

just do it, DOMS are new to you and this is as worse as they get. The only way to relieve doms is to move the muscles and regular excercise will lead to less intense doms until eventually you dont feel it at all unless you go really hard or something.

Don't use them as excuse to not lift or you will never make it. After you warm up you will feel good.

it's fine and recommended to do a linear progression if you are returning from a break

what else what you do?