/PLG - Powerlifting General/

Didn't have a picture of a dog so I drew one on tissue paper

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BbxRqV7l7rn/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What's the difference between light sessions, deloads and active rests and what is the point in light or active rest sessions (I understand the point of deloading)?

Thankies

depends on the scenario

give me a scenario first then ill say which one is more appropriate

>light session
You're not recovered from your last overloading session but still need more volume

>deload
You just completed an overreaching phase

>active rest
Movement promotes recovery. Active rest means doing movements with weights so light that they do not contribute to fatigue and don't even provide a training stimulus

What breed is this?

Shitzu

not bad cute enough

reminder to train quads 100 reps at the end of every session in order to fix your squat

Thanks lads I did it! I think my torso was parallel to the floor the last 3 reps but still, I feel like I made a mental PR too
Warm-ups felt like complete ass and last year I probably wouldve quit
Im finally breaking out of the gde mindset

no thanks

I find leg extensions painful, can I do goblet squats?

Thanks. What is the typical nature of light sessions? Say I'd battered my quads with 8x8 high bars or something and wasn't recovered but needed more. Do you lower the weight, reps, sets of something else?

you can, whatever it takes bro

high preference: belt squats, since it puts no load on the spine

what else;

front squat
leg press
lunges(with quad emphasis)
split squat(with quad emphasis)
ssb squat
hack squats

lower the weight by 90% lower the total reps by 70%

What if youre really quad dominant?

My training partner squatted 395kg on sunday but pulled 310, his posterior chain is weak and thats the focus during the offseason

isnt there a /plg/ discord?

your training partner is not /plg/ everyone here is squat morning so we should preach more quad work instead of posterior chain work.

Depends what phase of training you're in.

Say you're in a hypertrophy block, running an U/L split. Your main squat workout could be 8x8 squat (dear god I hope at the end of a mesocycle), and your second lower day might have your main deadlift work followed by additional quad work, like 3-5 sets (depending on which week of the mesocycle) of 15 reps on leg press.

During a strength phase you could have a main squat workout on monday, main deadlift workout on wednesday and a lighter squat session on friday. Sets and reps vary depending on the precise week, but at some point you might do 5 sets of 4 low bar on the main workout and 4 sets of 5 high bar on the second workout. Or SSB, or pause squat, or even low bar with a reduced intensity, any way it should not tax your recovery to the point of interfering with the next main squat workout.

E.g. your main squat workout is 7x3 at 85%. Your lighter session could be a 5x5. Now you might normally do 5x5 with 80% if it were an overloading session, but in this case you would only use 70-75% or some such, in order to get more training in without beating up your body.

no, there never was

Quad dominant people are pretty rare so they just have to think for themselves. How fat is you training buddy?

Gotcha, very helpful. Thanks

uhhmm uhhmmm

ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I think my low bar position is pretty vertical due to proportions. Should I just as well go high bar?

I could just post the memes this doesnt change level of current conversations and topics like one just above

use brain please

You could try learning english instead :^)

most people here have weak quads as seen by the footage they share of theiri squat

also the quads are literally the triceps of the leg the best squatters all have strong quads relative to the rest. So if we preach tricep work it makes sense to preach quad work dont you think

my squat LP is flying since doing zercher holds at the end of every session

and I was told to avoid core work lmao and try harder

1. Can you squat more with high bar or low bar?
2. If you can squat more low bar right now, do you believe that using a weaker style now is the best path to squat more in the future? E.g. perhaps you feel so uncomfortable with low bar that you never progress in weight due to incessant form changes and resets, or perhaps you dislike it so much that you skip training sessions or w/e.

Either way pick whatever is gonna make you squat the most 5 years from now.
Also keep your own personal goals in mind, e.g. Bryce Lewis who straight up says he ended up training the squat 'olympic style' (shitty term but you get the point) simply because he wanted to squat like those weightlifters he looked up to.

>gym perfect caught me masturbating in the gym stalls again

I hope you get banned from your gym.

A może bys tak stulił mordę i grzecznie przeprosił frajerze?

Do you mean that your back angle is vertical in your low bar squat? Squat whichever way you're strongest in. Back angle doesn't really matter, most people can squat a little more by putting the bar lower on their back.

115kg 24 years old

Here you go using russian again

>115 kg
His sq/dl ratio could just be due to leverages. Yang Sen and Jezza Uepa comes to mind, both are pretty much perfectly round and have a large discrepancy between squat and deadlift.

morde zamknij pedale

>tfw wrote paper about patriarchy in poetry

i think i did p good. meme papers are so ezpz.

what are some must do shoulder flex stuff for someone who benches a lot

my shoulders are gettnig stiff

No.

F A C E
P
U
L
L
S

>shoulder flex stuff
meant stretches

The majority of people here who post footage just don't know how to move properly. Throwing a fuckload of quad assistance at them will do nothing if they can't maintain position and bracing under load.

The average user squats as loose as a dropped kebab and that causes their hips to shoot up out the hole and then they *have* to good morning or dump the bar.

dead hangs, broom shoulder dislocations both really help

Wall angels are great.

you're making too much sense no one will listen though since all convinced it's due to some weakness

How would you go about correcting said problem of not knowing how to move properly?

Watch every single video Chris Duffin and Chad Wesley Smith have that contains any info about bracing.

>user says he can brace properly, shows vid
>open scissors
>belly pushed out
>chest rises
For a general that is full of obsessive autists, the lack of knowledge about properly bracing and pelvis control during the hip hinge is quite surprising.

Why are you wanking in the gym?

K finally finished my first 10 page paper. Have another one due Sunday. I already feel burnt out.

>WAWTT
6x2 squat @80%
Weighted dips volume
Weighted Chins 5x5 then will do 25 unweighted
Seated DB Shoulder Press 50 reps
T Bar Rows 3x15
Tricep extension til they are really pumped
Incline curls

Weekly reminder that you're all gonna make good PRs and get strong.

Also, why do people who are better at bench look better than squatfags?

Chad Kirill bathes in pussy while Natty Fatty Ray Williams is not only a manlet but bathes in gravy.

Daily reminder that if you have a sub 20 inch vertical, of if you are a neurotic mental GDE, that you will not make it.

Explore the rigors of mineral aquisition, cataloguing, and trading.

Whoever told me to do dips hello

What does /plg/ think of Donnie Thompson? Aside from fat lolfedder do you guys think he's got some interesting/valuable opinions?

>all I ate was a bagel, 4 pieces of bacon, 3 eggs and a glass of choccy milk and I threw it up

I fucking hate eating

You seem to have this problem with throwing up awfully often. Are you sure you don't have some sort of disease or illness?

>4 pieces of bacon
Maybe it's all that sodium, lad

See
>Explore the rigors of mineral aquisition, cataloguing, and trading.

I really think it was that I had like double my normal amount of choccy milk that I normally do

I couldn't find my usual glass so I used my giant coffee cup and filled it up anyways

Idk, I'm not crazy about milk. Too heavy.
Big benches are fueled by Dr pepper & steak for breakfast

I'm plateaud at 2 plates somehow help me!!!
Before I only only do the 2 plates one in a while but now I can do it almost every time I'm in the gym but never more than the 2plates

Help plssss

pls be ohp

funny thing is that I could eat 1000 calories of rice and a 350 calorie glass of milk yesterday for breakfast and no problem

but today I throw that shit up

I think my stomach is being a picky little bitch

>open scissors
What did you mean by this?

Do more volume. Do more frequency. Bodybuild your supporting pressing muscles. Eat more.

>1000 calories of rice
You and sean both. Weird.

to be fair it was 800 calories of rice and 200 of butter

cause I fry the dry grains in butter to cook the starch off so my rice isnt sticky

Thats not even that much its like what 300g. I eat about 250 in one sitting

>I think my stomach is being a picky little bitch
I think you're being the bitch desu senpai

I've had a deload week last week and I want to mock meet this week. Is this a bad idea? I've just been doing 65 % for sets of 5 to maintain fitness, but the week before i did heavy 3s and 2s.

Should I postpone a week or would difference in ability to perform better be negligible?

Whats wrong

Do you eat fast or slowly? When I was doing 4800 a day I had to eat slowly otherwise I'd hate myself for 30 minutes after I eat

Who the fuck are you?

Do more volume and add 3ct and CG Bench to your programme.

user???

Where are you having the hardest time in your press?
Which press is it?

Also if I do decide to mock meet this week; should I just work up to my opener today, light day on Thursday and mock meet Saturday ?

not a press its deadlift

I get stuck at the bottom of the bench process. What do?

I inhale food my nigg

my usual strategy was to eat so fast my stomach did not realize I was eating so much so it couldnt stop me

but as you can see that seems to be turning on me now

pause bench

Pls help I'm leaving for the gym literally right now and I dunno what to do once I get there

Give yourself time, I wouldn't do it personally.

Pause Bench, I like Flye as well, generally just bench more.
is it consistent in any way? When you throw up, that is. Also how long after eating does it happen

What should I do this week then? Ramp up inensity and end the week with a heavy tripple set ?

It's impossible to say without seeing your programming or a video of your setup.

Most likely it is because you don't have enough muscle and you look like a noodle armed little bitch

Imagine a line coming straight out forwards from your pelvis, and another the bottom of your rib cage. These lines should be parallel with each other, not 'open', because open means either the rib cage is flared, or your pelvis is in ATP, or both. This is important because the open scissors brace is weaker than neutral positioning, and tends to lead to spinal overextension on the descent.

What is the purpose of doing a mock meet currently? Are you having someone provide you the commands and judge your lifts to prepare you for an actual meet?

Duffin has a video that really clearly identifies this, instagram.com/p/BbxRqV7l7rn/

Sorry but i still have no idea what are you talking about. Can you draw it or post a video.

Well
When do you want to actually compete?

Ok nvm now i understand. Thanks.

Is it normal to hurt your knees from squatting lmfao0.25plates with bad form?
I pushed one rep with the weight on my toes and my shit has been fucked up for almost a week now.

Watch

Where in your knees does it hurt? During which movements as well

So pretty much just keep your back straight dunno why use some weird terms to confuse everyone.

>Also how long after eating does it happen

very quickly after

like I walked from my kitchen to my bedroom and cleared my throat then I dry heaved and knew what was goin down

pretty much how it always goes

its not delayed ever

>tfw lower back pain
>tfw most daily tasks are painful
>tfw the only way to offset the pain is to brace for everything

surely this can only be beneficial once i recover right

Because a lot of people have been taught that keeping a straight back can involve over extension of the tail bone, or other dumb things. Most have a poor understanding

I heard that once you outbench her father you may take her hand in marriage

well I need 65kg so

¯\_(ツ)_/¯