What exercises do you guys do for them?
How important are they for aesthetics?
Do compounds Work them?

Lateral Raises
Extremely
Only OHP and lateral raises hit them way better so do lateral raises

t. great delts

upright REVERSE flies

OHP and lateral raises work super well for them, but OHP works better than anything. You're going to have way bigger delts if you're repping 185 on an OHP than if you're doing 30 lb side raises. Don't neglect accessory work, but focus on the big compounds for your shoulders because that's ultimately what's going to get them huge.

For Ohp do you recommend reps like 4-6 or 8-12. Same for laterals

Relative to my other lifts, my OHP is on the stronger side. Relative to my other muscles, my shoulders are well defined. So, yeah, OHP.

OHP 4-6 sounds fine, lateral raises 8-12 sounds fine.

Lateral raises are the shit. You can do them everyday at home with some dumbbells, so you don't have to waste time at the gym.

When you eventually stall on 4-6 sets of OHP it might be a good idea to deload and do lighter sets of ~8 once in a while, helped me

Is there any exercises other than Ohp and laterals for side delts?

what the fuck is a side delt?

ohp is overrated as fuck for size IME, my delts got bigger when i dropped it completely and just did a lot of raises

front delts are trained with pretty much any pressing motion to a significant extent, side delts aren't trained adequately with any pressing motion

Does seated dumbbells matter vs barbell at all?

Asking for a friend

see

klokov press

Rear delts - face pulls, seated bent over lateral raises
Middle delts - lateral raises
Front delts - OHP and shoulder press

Try lateral raises slowed down with around 15 reps, then right after your set, drop the weight to half and go right in for another set. It's killer

>handstand pushups is my main shoulder exercise, hits the entire shoulder girdle
>all delts are really important for that tapered V-look
>compounds are always great

Dumbbell requires more stabilizers than barbell. Personally, I found that I'm able to perform dumbbell OHP much safer than a barbell OHP because I don't hyper extend my lower back. Both are good, just do the one that suits you the best.

It depends. Some people respond better to low reps than high reps, and some people are the opposite. If you're having trouble making progress on OHP I'd suggest you'd stick to slightly higher volume and try to set rep PRs before you try to set a weight PR.

where you reading your broscience bro?

>supersets
>paused reps
>broscience
ok

heavy lateral raises with pinkies up, it is okay to use your back some
heavy upright rows, it is okay to use your back

If you're hyperextending your lower back during OHP, you need to work on your shoulder mobility.

>pinkies up
Ouch!
>upright rows
Oops!

Upright barbell rows do the trick for me

Handstand push-ups. Criminally under-rated.

THOSE ARE NOT MEDIAL DELTOIDS, THEY ARE LATERAL DELTOIDS. THE TWO ARE NOT THE SAME FUCKING THING.

Bradford presses
This is a press from both the front and back. Press as with a normal OHP, lower it behind the neck, press up, lower to front rack.
Do it light. 50% or so of your 1rm is good; longer sets are better, so 8+ reps. Do them slow and controlled.
Do not do these cold. They should only be done after normal pressing, or after enough warmup that you are flexible enough to rack the bar behind you.
I personally use a wider grip to press than some. It's the same as my medium be ch grip, pinky on rings. This is close to the width I'd use for a high bar squat.
Some people prefer not to press up close to lockout on this. Either get a good result for me. Just remember this is a constant tension exercise. No locking out, no pausing at the bottom

I keep trying to do handstand pushups. (Haven't learned to handstand yet so on the wall) but i always feel a ton of pressure on my low-mid back like it gonna collapse also the head pressure. Any tips?

The Press™, bench, Pendlay row

Work on just holding a static handstand against the wall until your circulatory system gets accustomed to it. It took me several weeks do get used to it.

If you're getting back pain during a handstand you're not keeping your back straight. Every muscle in your body, especially work core, needs to be tight to maintain one properly.

And since I didn't see it, seconded on the handstand pushups. The progression will be beyond most here, but if you can get your press close to bw then they are a wonderful accessory

Oh, and a good HSPU doesn't have to be free-standing. Strength should come before balance, so doing them against the wall is completely fine, even when you're able to do multiple reps and sets.

I do seated lateral raises. I can focus on my delts much easier.