So I met a guy in the gym who benches 160kg and does PPL like I do; he says forcing yourself to rest 3-5 minutes...

So I met a guy in the gym who benches 160kg and does PPL like I do; he says forcing yourself to rest 3-5 minutes between compound sets and 1-2 minutes between accessory sets is essential for muscle growth. He says the way I train, which is in and out, do sets when I feel ready which is normally ~30-45 seconds rest, just tires you out and is more like cardio than weightlifting.
Is there merit to this? My PPL routine has 20-30 sets depending on the day, if I force myself to rest a few minutes between sets will I see any noticeable difference? It'll mean spending ~2 hours in the gym instead of ~1 hour, for the same amount of volume, albeit with the potential for heavier lifts. My compounds are still progressing linearly week to week, and my accessories are progressing less frequently but still progressing.

>My compounds are still progressing linearly week to week
no need to worry about it then.

I don’t know about muscle growth but for strength there is a huge difference in what you can accomplish in a workout, no doubt.
I usually rest 3 mins between heavy compounds, for deadlift even 5 minuets because I feel like fainting after a set (5x5 DL)

>I do sets when I feel ready which is normally ~30-45 seconds rest
Ask me how I know you are completely dyel.

When you’re lifting real weight you’ll need that time instead of choose it.

2-3min rest upperbody
3-5min rest lowerbody

>5x5 DL
How much weight?

I saw some studies posted indicating higher rest times can lead to better hypertrophy
30-45 seconds sounds fucking insane though, I do 2 minutes

that's silly
the distinction should be between compounds and isolations

That's why people do brosplits mate. You get more rest but without sacrificing time

He's right. Resting is essential when doing heavy compound lifts. Olympic lifters rest 2-6 minutes between sets for a reason.

t. bench 405 for 2

>Olympic lifters rest 2-6 minutes between sets for a reason.
a lot of oly lifters are fat tho

That doesn't matter, everyone needs their rest.

look at these fat fucks

Why do we even have a sticky?
your body needs to refill the ATP storage, so resting minutes instead of seconds will make your lifts "easier" but also more efficient, hitting the hypertrophy mark easy

>what are weight classes

>asking DYELs on Veeky Forums instead of the guy that you know actually benches 160kg

Only the supers are fat though

>force yourself to rest
i wish, i have to force myself to do another set instead of taking 1o minutes

150kg at the moment. I could probably hit 4 plates for 1RM but i never try it, always 5x5

if u can do 150 x 5 I feel like your max is over 180, I can do 180 but I can't do 150 x 5