2 quick questions:

2 quick questions:

1. How do you breathe on OHP?
2. How long should you rest on heavy sets?

BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAP

2+ min rest

>1. How do you breathe on OHP?
Operate your diaphragm to suck air into your lungs and then push it out.

>2. How long should you rest on heavy sets?
You should rest all day on the sabbath.

breathe at the top when the bar is locked out

5 or so minutes seems to work best for me, dont see any returns in resting longer than that

brap

1. either at the top or the bottom. try both and see which you prefer.
2. 5 minutes.

im more into that woman than your shit question

Me too. haven't busted a nut in a week and wanna dive into that bitch.

take a big breath before unracking, hold your breath for 2-3 reps and then breathe when your elbows are locked out
post more

Is it wrong if I use the bounce at the bottom on consecutive reps?

Give me the big booty bitch now :)

I want to fuck her pusy

Breathe out and back in at the bottom. Press up, lower down, repeat.

>1. unrack
>2. breathe in
>3. press to lock ou
>4. breathe out
>5. lower
>6. repeat 2-5
>7. ?????
>8. profit

Breathe in on the way down
Explode and breathe out on the way up

nice

based

imagine if she farted while she was like that haha

Rest times are subjective to the rep range so my question is, how long you should rest for a certain rep range?
1. 4-6
2. 6-8
3. 8-12
4. 12+

Haha :^)

My man

>1. How do you breathe on OHP?
valsalva maneuver, like with any other compound
>2. How long should you rest on heavy sets?
as much as you need. unless your programming is truly fucked, this will typically be 3-5 minutes, or up to 10 if the set was real fucking hard (these are rare though).

t. 2pl8 press

I want to do this to her

big breath before the lift, when the bar passes ur forehead exhale and lock out hard

breathe in at bottom, breathe out after top
try resting 3 minutes

Knees, yes. Shoulders, no.

Inhale when pulling.
Exhale when pushing.

This is the way to breath on OHP :

-Before unracking take a deep breath
-Unrack the bar, hold your breath
-Do the OHP

-At about 70-80% of your ascension start exhaling till 100%
-Fully inhale before going down again, don't forget to lock your respiration
-Repeat the last 2 previous steps

sick

5×5 rest no less then 3min

Nice :)

Hold breath during the movement, exhale and inhale at the top of the rep.
Anything else and youll lose tension.

Rest as long as you want.

Why in the fuck are there so many answers to this? Why are there so many retards?

The rule that holds for ALL COMPOUND LIFTS is that you should not be breathing while moving. You should be holding a full breath & bracing your core against it to protect your spine during compound movements. You should breathe OUT AND IN when the bar is either IN A LOCKOUT POSITION or ON THE FLOOR.

Sometimes a little air will escape as you approach lockout. This is OK. Just dont let it all out because you're using it to brace your core & protect your spine. You do not want to lose this tension when you are under load.

If you don't understand what "lockout" means, a general rule of thumb is that it is when the bar is not moving & is supported mostly by bone, not muscle tension. So for example, in the OHP, lockout is at the top of the movement, because at the bottom, your shoulders are flexed to keep your elbows from translating rearward & allowing the bar to fall. Likewise in bench press, lockout is at the top, not the bottom. Squat is the same way. For deadlift, I breathe in big before lifting the bar, breathe OUT AND IN at lockout, and then slowly lower the bar with a braced core to protect my spine.

I wait about 45 seconds between sets. Longer may be slightly better but i don't want to be in the gym for two hours

FUCK OFF I'M TRYING TO DO NOFAP

REEEEEEEEEEE

1. You will need to develop a breathing pattern that suits you, and determine a point at which you vocalize to push a potentially failed rep.

Generally, you have two options:

>hold your breath as you press upward. Lock your elbows for a brief moment at the top of the press, quickly and powerfully exhaling and taking a new breath before descending and pressing the next rep. Vocalize on the last press or two to maximize exertion.

The downside is that some people risk passing out with this method.

>Inhale before the movement and at the top of the press, when your elbows are locked, but exhale as you press upward.

If you risk passing out, or become lightheaded while exerting with held breath, this can function.

2. Primary movements (bench, OHP, deadlift, squat) should typically follow the rule of Until You're Ready. In my opinion, rest between sets until you are ready to attempt the next one, with a standard break time of 3-5 minutes (and no less) and a maximum cutoff of 10 minutes. If waiting a full ten minutes might make the difference between success and failure, then wait- for the primary movements, that is.

>You do not want to lose this tension when you are under load.
>breathe at the top
Are you retarded?
Do you really not understand the difference between a locked out deadlift/squat, and a locked out press?