Insomnia

Who has had and successfully fixed their troubles sleeping?

I have really bad shitty anxiety and about two nights a week I just won't sleep. Pretty concerned about how it will affect my health.

I've tried melatonin, deep breathing, guided meditation, and just about every technique to distract myself you can think of. I do see a therapist

Help please, what the fuck do?

Military training. You'll fall asleep after the training day with no problem.

I used to have insomnia. I fixed it by going to bed in a black room at the same time every night.

I would let stress keep me up at night, so I would never get enough rest; I'd keep drinking caffeine, which would then keep me up at night. I chose to ignore any short term anxiety and improve my health first so I cleaned my bedroom, stopped taking caffeine, and gave myself a 9PM bedtime.

Also physical exhaustion helps me get sleep too. Lift heavy and do some HIIT training on a day when you need to sleep. Not too close to your bedtime or else your endorphins will keep you up.

Hmm, okay. I can't go to bed at 9 but I could go to bed at 10. That's usually what I try to do but I end up getting distracted. I'll be more disciplined about it though.

I always wonder if this is my problem. I'm at the gym from like 7-9 usually and try to go to bed at 10, but that's the time I have to do it because of work.

About the dark room, I mean pitch black. I used to have all sorts of blue LEDs in my room that would disturb my sleep. Cover any bright electronics with masking/electrical tape and replace your alarm clock if it's too bright.

I’m going to add to this, caffeine and anxiety isn’t a good mixture and it’ll only amplify any concerns you have.

Try and disconnect from electronics for at least an hour before bed, this might help switch off your thoughts. Artificial lighting isn’t great for regulating sleep patterns, it’ll keep you up.

Avoid sugary foods/drinks, and don’t have a beer or similar before bed. It might feel relaxing, but alcohol keeps you awake.

Of course this is all from my own experience, so some things might help loads and other things not so much. Keep experimenting with techniques and you’ll be good man.

Taking zinc helped me.

Is a sleep mask no good?

Pitch dark room / sleeping mask
1 pillow (stick a second one between your legs if you sleep on your side, or under your lower back if you sleep on your back)
Ashwagandha capsules x 2 an hour before bedtime
HIIT (sprinting on the spot) to tire yourself out

All of these help, although not necessarily in this order.

It's fine. When I spent a couple months in the arctic during 24 hour sunlight it definitely helped. I tend to roll around so a sleep mask would usually slip off; so I just pulled a knit cap over my face.

>f.lux
>gf to cuddle with
>therapy
Ordered by usefulness

Thanks, I'll try all that. I don't drink alcohol or caffeine or sugar before bed. And I do have a blue light filter on my phone, that still won't work?

Melatonin supplements have long term detrimental effects, don't take it - you need to be able to produce it naturally. If you're over 25 there is a chance your sleep cycles have been damaged due to pineal calcification. Google it - studies have linked it to sleep disturbance, depression, and mood disorders. Ironically the fluoride fags were right all along, just about the wrong thing.

M I R T A Z A P I N E

Only thing that has worked consistently for a long period of time. 15 mg each night around an hour and a half before bed.

I'll throw it out then. I'm 23 and have been using it off and on for a year or two. It helps me get to sleep but hasn't affected my ability to fall asleep naturally yet, when I have nothing to worry about I sleep great.

Ill stop using it though. My mom told me a while back it was back for your endocrine system

I can usually sleep fine but I started a new job recently and the last two weeks have been nothing but dreams of me in high school school stressing the fuck out. Hope I can sleep this weekend at least.

I feel you. Before I couldn't sleep well because I didn't have a job, then I slept great for a while because I was happy I had a job, now I have a job and I'm stressing and unable to sleep...

I keep the same bedtime every night but when I can't sleep I rub my nipples with my fingers. Puts me to sleep every time.

>anxiety causing concerns over your health thus giving you anxiety

I feel that feel bro
My heart does weird shit that freaks me the fuck out but the doctors insist my HR and BP are amazing.

What's the best way(s) to take care of my heart so I don't die at 30?